• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Haha my twin brother!

Lol, I've been good, what about you? I just graduated from high school last week, gotta set up my orientation for the college I'm going to sometime soon

You insinuating that what I'm saying is incorrect means you think what you are saying is "law"
Not really, he isn't saying he's right or that you're wrong, he's saying you aren't the only one with standards/opinions

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
Haha my twin brother!

Lol, I've been good, what about you? I just graduated from high school last week, gotta set up my orientation for the college I'm going to sometime soon

Not really, he isn't saying he's right or that you're wrong, he's saying you aren't the only one with standards/opinions
Congrats man, gotta say, I'm a bit on the opposite side of the spectrum, got into some legal trouble. But, everything is good now, recently turned 16, so I'm working on getting a license and a job, haha.

Now, to stay on topic. Anybody suspect a new kind of "battle mode" like Coin battle? Something that could be pretty fun, would be a nice addition, considering I only play stock battles.

Zade

Demon Blue

At what point in my post did I state I was the only one with an opinion? I can say whatever I want, do I really have to explain what a forum is? Anyway I'm done addressing that childish post, keep it moving people

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You didn't directly state your opinion was fact but you stated it as if it was fact, regardless of context that's just how it came off

@Metal- Thanks, hope everything falls through for you ^_^

I like the idea of a new Battle Mode, but I can't really think of anything that hasn't been covered already by the modes we already have

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, I've thought about a number of things since yesterday...

1. People need to stop panicking about how few new characters have been revealed. If you think about Brawl, we had to endure extremely long periods of time between characters reveals. Here's some food for thought: Time between reveal of Snake and reveal of Fox: 6 months. Time between reveal of Fox and reveal of Zelda: 7 months. Time between reveal of Snake and reveal of Ike: 15 months. If you're already freaking out then you don't remember what it was like waiting for Brawl at all.

2. The way that Sakurai is revealing the characters is absolute genius. Think about it. A nameless avatar and a yoga performing mannequin have taken the internet by storm and most people are actually hyped about them. That's pretty damn impressive. There's a decent amount of evidence that every newcomer is going to have their own trailer so imagine how things are going to be when some of the big guns start popping up. Now imagine if Sakurai had revealed the Villager and WFT like he did with Brawl through a simple update. Not all that much hype. Remember how many people were scratching their heads with Lucas and Ike? The way Sakurai is revealing characters now is actually making people excited about characters even if they have absolutely no idea who they are or were downright opposed to them which, in my opinion, will make most, if not all, the newcomer trailers buzz worthyl.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The Mii can't be classified as WTF if you think a WTF character is supposed to be shocking, like R.O.B., WFT, or Game & Watch even. There's an actual Mii following.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, I've thought about a number of things since yesterday...

1. People need to stop panicking about how few new characters have been revealed. If you think about Brawl, we had to endure extremely long periods of time between characters reveals. Here's some food for thought: Time between reveal of Snake and reveal of Fox: 6 months. Time between reveal of Fox and reveal of Zelda: 7 months. Time between reveal of Snake and reveal of Ike: 15 months. If you're already freaking out then you don't remember what it was like waiting for Brawl at all.

2. The way that Sakurai is revealing the characters is absolute genius. Think about it. A nameless avatar and a yoga performing mannequin have taken the internet by storm and most people are actually hyped about them. That's pretty damn impressive. There's a decent amount of evidence that every newcomer is going to have their own trailer so imagine how things are going to be when some of the big guns start popping up. Now imagine if Sakurai had revealed the Villager and WFT like he did with Brawl through a simple update. Not all that much hype. Remember how many people were scratching their heads with Lucas and Ike? The way Sakurai is revealing characters now is actually making people excited about characters even if they have absolutely no idea who they are or were downright opposed to them which, in my opinion, will make most, if not all, the newcomer trailers buzz worthyl.
Yep. Sakurai has made new characters pretty much their own hype machine having their own trailers and special artwork. I really enjoy what they are doing because it is a lot like Marvel Vs. Capcom character reveals where you had the individual trailers and artwork. We don't even know whether or not future veterans will have trailers too. I doubt it as I think they'll likely be revealed in bunches during larger Nintendo Direct trailers.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Miiverse is the new GameFaQs, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, let's laugh at Microsoft some more.
At my best buy, the rep told us they only got one Station to set up. They expect low numbers that turned out to be completely wrong. There was up around 200 people in line at any time before 40 minutes till 8pm.

Rep told me they were completely unprepared for the event turnout numbers.

A best buy employee also talked about how Microsoft and Sony have contracts with them to limit competitor demo stations allowed in different stores.

Also in another thread I saw how a Microsoft employee visited a best buy to talk about the Xbox One.

The same thing happened to me where a dude in a Grey-white shirt showed up and asked why everyone was in line. We said Wii U. He said Why?! Why not just go pre-order the Xbox One. He talked about the Xbox One and started to talk to others in line.

People in line told him to leave them alone. He didn't wear a Microsoft t-shirt though.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587891

Absolutely pathetic. To be fair I bet there were a few isolated incidents by some rogue employees and not representative of the company as a whole. Still, pathetic display by some of their representatives.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In 15 months though, 2014 will be 4 months from over. I suppose a christmas release would be a good time.

How many characters do you think the game will get? I'm thinking somethere between 45 - 52

Epic Mickey Mickey > Kingdom Hearts Mickey

Mostly because it makes more sense. Keyblade Mickey in Smash, but not Sora, would be weird.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
If any Disney character (except Sora of course) got in I would really dislike if it was in KH style (would be ok with it being an alt costume, but not as the main version).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In 15 months though, 2014 will be 4 months from over. I suppose a christmas release would be a good time.
I still think SSB4 will be a summer release but my point was that after waiting more than a year for a new character announcement with Brawl, I think the fans should reasonably be able to wait at least 2 to 3 months between reveals without having an existential crisis.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Microsoft is just scared that Nintendo is going to take second place from them.
They probably will, because the Xbox One's flaws, are ridiculously awful. Price, no used games, and having to be connected to the internet constantly? Stupid

I still think SSB4 will be a summer release but my point was that after waiting more than a year for a new character announcement with Brawl, I think the fans should reasonably be able to wait at least 2 to 3 months between reveals without having an existential crisis.

The only reason I've been expecting more reveals is because of the rumor. Which seemed pretty legitimate.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Aw crap, even Nintendo is punching Microsoft in the face now:
The best way for console makers to deal with the used games market is to ensure their games are so good that people don't want to trade them in, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told Polygon. But supporting used games is also important, he added.

"We have been very clear, we understand that used games are a way for some consumers to monetize their games," Fils-Aime said. "They will buy a game, play it, bring it back to their retailer to get credit for their next purchase. Certainly, that impacts games that are annualized and candidly also impacts games that are maybe undifferentiated much more than [it] impacts Nintendo content. Why is that? Because the replayability of our content is super strong. The consumer wants to keep playing Mario Kart. The consumer want to keep playing New Super Mario Bros. They want to keep playing Pikmin. So we see that the trade-in frequency on Nintendo content is much less than the industry average – much, much less. So for us, we have been able to step back and say that we are not taking any technological means to impact trade-in and we are confident that if we build great content, then the consumer will not want to trade in our games... I don't see [Nintendo stopping the sale of game discs] in the future, certainly not the near-term future," he said. "For us, retail is a key part of our overall business. Retailers play a huge role in driving awareness. Their stores play a large role in consumers having an experience with their interactives. We couldn't do a program like what we are doing with Best Buy without the power of retail and letting consumers play four games that haven't been released yet. The only place you can see these games is either here at E3 or at a 100 best buy locations in the U.S. and in Canada. So we see a very strong role for physical product in the near-term."
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/44...rried-about-used-game-sales-make-better-games

At this point Nintendo is like that random drunk guy that stumbles into a graveyard and pisses all over Microsoft's gravestone.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Mickey didn't even originate in a video game, so I guess if he got in, it would either be KH or EM.

It'd be a hassle just to get Sora in, as I believe he's owned by both Disney and Square.
If Mickey got in it would have little or nothing to do with him having videogames and more to do him being Mickey Mouse.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
Obviously, Smash 4 needs Micky Mouse, Goku, Elemental Hero Flame Wingman, The Great Deku Tree that'd actually be an awesome stage, and Ronald McDonald as playable Characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom