• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not really a Mewtwo fan, but if he's his new form in his reveal trailer, I'll flip my ****.

Alight, so, let's say we get 15 newcomers. Six of them are: Megaman, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Miis.

This leaves us with Nine other slots. Let's designate twp more slot to another Small franchise, and the rest to the top most wanted characters from existing franchises.

Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, Palutena, Roy, Mewtwo, Junior, Krystal, Shulk

Would this roster reveal please you?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, Nintendo has also jabbing Microsoft over the used games business? Interesting...

Sony - 1
Nintendo - 1
Microsoft - 0

Also, new avatar featuring SSB4's confirmed newcomers.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Hey, let's laugh at Microsoft some more.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587891

Absolutely pathetic. To be fair I bet there were a few isolated incidents by some rogue employees and not representative of the company as a whole. Still, pathetic display by some of their representatives.
To be honest, that doesn't surprise me. I'm sure Microsoft isn't the only company who is looking to sell as much as they can. As long as they aren't hiring assassins to sneak into Nintendo's headquarters and bump off their game developers, I am not concerned. Look at it this way. If Microsoft gets sour that people are showing growing interest to the Wii U, then Microsoft will feel pressured to improve their own works. Then, we'll have Nintendo/Sony left in the dust as they start trying to find ways to top Microsoft. And then it repeats, in a constant cycle. In this way, they are keeping the competition active, and because of this, we can expect amazing contributions from each one of them. I personally love certain games from each of the consoles, so to me, seeing them striving to become the best encourages me that their results will satisfy me, and their customers.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not really a Mewtwo fan, but if he's his new form in his reveal trailer, I'll flip my ****.
Odd tidbit that they're talking about on Gonintendo right now, the new form of Mewtwo is voiced by a woman in the trailer for the upcoming movie. Kind of strange since the Mewtwo in the first movie and Melee had a distinctively male voice.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I noticed something interesting about Nintendo's Super Smash Bros website, it's tailored for mobile platforms. I like the fact they intentionally went that direction realizing more people would be accessing their site through smartphones. Rather astute. That's all.
Odd tidbit that they're talking about on Gonintendo right now, the new form of Mewtwo is voiced by a woman in the trailer for the upcoming movie. Kind of strange since the Mewtwo in the first movie and Melee had a distinctively male voice.
Actually there is speculation that Mewtwo's two forms are based on the X and Y chromosome, meaning the effeminate voice is due to the Y chromosome.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sony at the E3 conference was AMAZING :laugh:

I literally sat there and gasped when I heard them diss Microsoft like that

It felt like the first time I heard Hit Em Up:

#SHOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTS

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In case people were wondering what was said about Mewtwo during that Pokémon roundtable:
Q - Could you go into detail about how Mewtwo goes in new formes? Would you like him to be in Smash Bros.?

A - Long pauses, lots of laughs. I can't really explain WHAT that Pokemon you're talking about was or if it will appear in other games as well. But with Smash Brothers we always carefully decide which characters we want to add. [Sakurai quipped that he was "thinking about it."]
http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/more-new-expanded-notes-from-x-y-conference

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm hoping it's either a new IP, or a non LoZ-DK-Mario game getting a new installment

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Star: Thinking about it usually mean at least attempting it with Sakurai (at least, I hope it does).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In case people were wondering what was said about Mewtwo during that Pokémon roundtable:
http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/more-new-expanded-notes-from-x-y-conference
Well at least the use of "we" proves that Sakurai doesn't make the Pokemon roster decisions all by himself.

I'm hoping it's either a new IP, or a non LoZ-DK-Mario game getting a new installment
Yeah, I was disappointed with lack of new IPs this E3, I thought they'd at least have one. But something from a non-saturated Nintendo series would be fine too.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Mystery of Murasame Castle sequel confirmed. :troll: In all seriousness though, I'm kind of expecting Takamaru to appear in the game then see Sakurai revive the franchise in his next big project like he did with Pit after being in Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't like newmew. They took everything brilliant about Mewtwo's design and just turned it into some generic anime cute thing

D

Deleted member

I agree with shortie.
Awakened Mewtwo is better than nothing.

Though at the same time, I see Sakurai incorporating a gimmick that involves both forms.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't like newmew. They took everything brilliant about Mewtwo's design and just turned it into some generic anime cute thing

Nothing was brilliant about Mewtwo's design other than it was a giygas rip off.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You have to look at the subtle things in his design

Well then that's nothing more than personal opinion.

I think Newtwo looks a bit cooler than Mewtwo, truthfully. It's sleek, and more "futuristic". Something I dig.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mewtwo's design was great and the new mewtwos are bad but i would be okay with them being in smash 4 because mewtwo in any forme >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lucario.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have a friend who has bought both Xboxes and it is his top system and he said he wasn't going to get the Xboxone because of all the problems with it. He said it was sad because they have games he wants to play exclusive to it like Battlefront 3.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
People who want old Mewtwo are in the denial stage and the people who want both forms are in the bargaining stage and the people who want new Mewtwo are in the acceptance stage.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As long as Mewtwo is in the game I'm happy, whether if it's based off of the Awakening Mewtwo or based off the Derp Roster we made a while back i can care less. At this point beggars can't be choosers.

Strevo

Smash Rookie
I have a friend who has bought both Xboxes and it is his top system and he said he wasn't going to get the Xboxone because of all the problems with it. He said it was sad because they have games he wants to play exclusive to it like Battlefront 3.
Ahh no Battlefront 3 for PC? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom