• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Going on right now, and nothing is really happening.

I still stand by my statement. Nintendo is being quite on the topic they should take the most about.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Harmo Knight for SSB4 :troll:

Really though, that game looks pretty fun for an eShop game, though none of new games revealed this time were that interesting. Another Layton game is nice, though we won't see it for like two years. :laugh::urg:

The Direct was about what I expected, and I'm still looking forward to alot of those games. I'm guessing we'll get a bigger announcement at the September conference.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
That's pretty much what I'm thinking too.
They better reveal EVERY little detail about the WiiU, specs and everything.

D

Deleted member

What do you mean by that? :I
Seriously? Kuma, SmashChu, and I have been talking about that subject for a whole page now...

From what Kuma said, Melee loads both Zelda and Sheik together to allow for seamless transformation.

Brawl loads one but not the other. Meaning, the long transformation time is due to the game loading up the alternate form.
As pointed out, Zelda transforms faster if there is another Sheik on the field and vise-versa.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't feel like getting up at 6-7am to watch it, glad to see there wasn't any big news aside from a new non-Pokemon Gamefreak game.

Nintendo is being quite on the topic they should take the most about.
Certainly builds up the hype doesn't it?

Harmo Knight for SSB4 :troll:
Definitely want to see Gamefreak go all out with that game. They've made great and creative non-Pokemon titles. I'm personally hopeing for a Pulseman or Drill Dozer cameo in it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Seriously? Kuma, SmashChu, and I have been talking about that subject for a whole page now...
I don't read in to all of your sad discussions. I just said my opinion about Transformations/Switching.

From what Kuma said, Melee loads both Zelda and Sheik together to allow for seamless transformation.
Oh, right, I see what you mean now, okay. (You got me at Loading :I). I don't actually care either way how Zelda works. All I want is Lucario to come back, and have a fixed (B)v counter attack.

Didn't feel like getting up at 6-7am to watch it, glad to see there wasn't any big news aside from a new non-Pokemon Gamefreak game.
I did look this up, and it looks really cool, actually! But there are Pokemon cameos in-game. (To everyone) Here:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Certainly builds up the hype doesn't it?
More like builds up the frustration and confusion. Hard to get hyped about something we know so little about. Doesn't help that I also see this.

There are more than a few people who are thinking, 'There'll be a Nintendo Conference in September.' I want to tell you in advance that the announcement of the Wii U in Japan is planned in a way not involving the Conference.
Of course, he doesn't even tell us how or when they will announce stuff. This cryptic stuff needs to stop because it's making me do anything but run out and buy a Wii U.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
More like builds up the frustration and confusion. Hard to get hyped about something we know so little about. Doesn't help that I also see this.
Can't the same be said for Smash 4?

Of course, he doesn't even tell us how or when they will announce stuff. This cryptic stuff needs to stop because it's making me do anything but run out and buy a Wii U.
I'm probably just caught up in the moment then. It feels kinda nice to be speculating something besides Smash 4 for the first time in months.

To be honest, the only thing that'll keep me from heading out to by a Wii U is the intial price. :p

D

Deleted member

I don't read in to all of your sad discussions. I just said my opinion about Transformations/Switching.

Oh, right, I see what you mean now, okay. (You got me at Loading :I). I don't actually care either way how Zelda works. All I want is Lucario to come back, and have a fixed (B)v counter attack.

I did look this up, and it looks really cool, actually! But there are Pokemon cameos in-game. (To everyone) Here:

Hmm. Sadly, I'm willing to bet that like Jill, HarmoKnight will be nothing more than an Assist. I bet there's some rule against non Pokemon GameFreak characters. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hmm. Sadly, I'm willing to bet that like Jill, HarmoKnight will be nothing more than an Assist. I bet there's some rule against non Pokemon GameFreak characters. :troll:
Well, as it is now I would agree with you, but if he manages to get multiple games (which seems unlikely due to how focused Game Freak is on Pokemon most of the time), then I could see him eventually getting a playable role (sort of like Dillon), though it wouldn't be for SSB4. Jill's game came out at a time when it was very risky to be a new IP, it was on a platform that (IIRC) already had its successor out, so it wasn't that surprising it wasn't too successful, but even if it had been, it would never be able to match the success of Game Freak's main IP.

Also, not that it's related to Smash, but the main character's name is Tempo, so at least all his (deluded) future supporters have something to call him. Good thing it didn't take 3+ months to find out his name, like it's taking for the Project P-100 characters. I know it isn't a big deal, but I just like to know what characters are called. If we don't know what their names are soon enough, eventually we start making up ones like Debbie and Smugleaf (actually Smugleaf was an awesome name). :laugh::embarrass::awesome:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Can't the same be said for Smash 4?
Yeah. You could. Funny enough, showing Smash 4 might get me hyped for both.

I'm probably just caught up in the moment then. It feels kinda nice to be speculating something besides Smash 4 for the first time in months.

To be honest, the only thing that'll keep me from heading out to by a Wii U is the intial price. :p
I'm not big on speculation much, outside of Smash of course.

My problem with he Wii U is I'd like to know more about the future of the console. They have done this with the last two systems, but not here. They even seem to be trying to hold information back. It would be nice to see where we're going rather than be left in the dark.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, I'm not vouching for this HarmoKnight to be a playable character. Still would rather like the return of Lucario, newcomer Victini, or something along the lines.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Namco showed off one of Lili's alternate costumes for Tekken Tag 2, and I must say that the physics in her hair and especially her dress are some of the best I have ever seen. I hope Sakurai asks for the animation physics in this game. Just imagine Peach and Zelda's dresses moving like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Iu1MHa0J75Q

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
So, talking about designs, I'm really imagining chacacters with even more realistic looks. I really hope to this to happen!

D

Deleted member

Hmm, looking at the HarmoKnight gameplay, Tempo could really be an interesting character if he pulls a Ness/Lucas and borrows some of the other instrument weapons for some moves like that harp bow and cymbols.

A music based fighter would be quite intriguing to see.
And with GameFreak throwing in Pokemon references in the game, I wonder if they're going to try to hype this unlike Drill Dozer...

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Namco showed off one of Lili's alternate costumes for Tekken Tag 2, and I must say that the physics in her hair and especially her dress are some of the best I have ever seen. I hope Sakurai asks for the animation physics in this game. Just imagine Peach and Zelda's dresses moving like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Iu1MHa0J75Q
Well, the Tekken guy was the one who spoke out about why Nintendo chose Namco, so I think it's safe to assume that the Tekken team is one of the main Namco teams helping out Sakurai.

That being said, holy crap, that's awesome!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Guys! I heard some info that Sakurai is going to make quite a few additions to the moves of existing smash characters! That's epic news!

Or... or am i too late? Has this already been discussed? the truth now, it's hard when you're effectively living under a rock for months on end... Or in the middle of the desert.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Guys! I heard some info that Sakurai is going to make quite a few additions to the moves of existing smash characters! That's epic news!

Or... or am i too late? Has this already been discussed? the truth now, it's hard when you're effectively living under a rock for months on end... Or in the middle of the desert.

Pleasure to see you again. You're breaking news is almost breaking.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You too! ^_^

Your second sentence is cryptic enough for me to ask you exactly what you mean, just to be sure... >_>
Oh, sure. Does this answer your question:

Lol jking, but yeah we heard about it.

...When is my NAME CHANGE coming? -_-

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
actually, Luco, the info was actually misconstrued through selective wording, sakurai didn't say that

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
It's quiet...too quiet,I foresee news,soon,very soon.:smirk:

:phone:

Jen =3

Smash Cadet
*Insert something about how Sony is appealing to it's fans with PABR and tons of reveals, but Sakurai wants to keep the same amount of characters from brawl and change classic movesets :troll:*

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
*Insert something about how Sony is appealing to it's fans with PABR and tons of reveals, but Sakurai wants to keep the same amount of characters from brawl and change classic movesets :troll:*
*Insert something about how both of the accusations are nothing but misinterpretations of what Sakurai has said and aren't true in the slighters*

*also insert something about how SSB has been in development for less than a year and how most of the characters probably aren't ready to be shown*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom