• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am aware of his inclusion in Superstar saga, but technically it was just his design, not the character.

If Nintendo had to deal with two companies, it wouldn't be worth it as it would take a while.

Then again, Disney did manage to obtain the rights to show a few Nintendo characters in Wreck it Ralph. But I think it would be unlikely that only Disney owns the rights to Sora and KH overall, so it would be more difficult dealing with 2 companies to get Sora in.

I just want a Square Enix rep, anyone that I'm at least a bit familiar with will do fine. (a Mage, Slime, or Sora are all fine by me)
Not overall, but Disney may partially own Sora, meaning that Sakurai would have to pay two companies. That's what worries me.

And Geno appeared as a doll first in Super Mario RPG, so the original version technically appeared. :p It was a neat cameo anyway.

Disney can't own all of KH, since SE made the game. At best, partially.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Okay, I dunno how any of you will think about this, but hear me out:
What if there was a third running speed that when reached, the player would be invulnerable to weaker projectiles and, of course, move faster?

For example, you're playing as Bowser, and some ass playing as Pit is spamming arrows from the other side of Final Destination. You use this new ability, which in Bowser's case, he spins in his shell across the floor very fast, to reach Pit and be able to attack him.

Only some characters would have this ability, and it would be implemented in respect to their abilities as characters.

For example, Samus can have the Speed Boots from Super Metroid to make her do that super run.

I know the idea would require more refinement for it to be a viable mechanic in the game, but what do you guys think?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yay for Spongebob announcer Fish!

Not overall, but Disney may partially own Sora, meaning that Sakurai would have to pay two companies. That's what worries me.

And Geno appeared as a doll first in Super Mario RPG, so the original version technically appeared. :p It was a neat cameo anyway.

Disney can't own all of KH, since SE made the game. At best, partially.
If it was costly, trying to work the price down or work something else out with both companies would probably be comlpicated and difficult. I see what you mean there.

Either way, I'd be very happy if Sora got in, but I'm not gonna fuss about it.
If getting the rights to him is too difficult, I can live without it and would rather he not get in.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
What if there was a third running speed that when reached, the player would be invulnerable to weaker projectiles and, of course, move faster?

For example, you're playing as Bowser, and some *** playing as Pit is spamming arrows from the other side of Final Destination. You use this new ability, which in Bowser's case, he spins in his shell across the floor very fast, to reach Pit and be able to attack him.

Only some characters would have this ability, and it would be implemented in respect to their abilities as characters.

For example, Samus can have the Speed Boots from Super Metroid to make her do that super run.

I know the idea would require more refinement for it to be a viable mechanic in the game, but what do you guys think?
Nah. Cause then Sonic would either be **** or broken;
Too fast: install K.O. for not being able to stop.
Invincible all the ****ing time because speed.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace

For example, you're playing as Bowser, and some *** playing as Pit is spamming arrows from the other side of Final Destination. You use this new ability, which in Bowser's case, he spins in his shell across the floor very fast, to reach Pit and be able to attack him.

That really sounds overpowering man IMO. Sorry. If you are going to give a character invulnerability to projectiles while they dash that pretty much grants them a free hit. Especially if their dash attack has a large hitbox, not to mention a good DACUS.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It sounds good, but how would the speed be reached? Most stages don't have much space to keep running on without having to turn around.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Nah. Cause then Sonic would either be **** or broken;
Too fast: install K.O. for not being able to stop.
Invincible all the ****ing time because speed.
Naw, I said only some characters would have it.
Sonic obviously doesn't need it since he's so fast

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

This is what my brain was thinking because it's so adorable.

I'm not sure if that's a yes or a no for your idea.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
That really sounds overpowering man IMO. Sorry. If you are going to give a character invulnerability to projectiles while they dash that pretty much grants them a free hit. Especially if their dash attack has a large hitbox, not to mention a good DACUS.
The catch is, they are still subject to being hit by melee attacks and more powerful projectiles.

Characters like Link and Bowser, who generally suck in past games, could benefit from this.
(Link would use the Pegasus Boots)

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Naw, I said only some characters would have it.
Sonic obviously doesn't need it since he's so fast
It was one of the sole reasons why Bowser is at the top of the Project M tier list is because of the super armor frames on his Dash Attack. Trust me your idea is a little out of whack. As for how it would be performed...

Well instead of tapping the joystick to dash you need to pull the joystick out of the controller and throw it at your opponent causing them to get hurt and be distracted therefore granting you a free hit and possibly a combo opportunity.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
It sounds good, but how would the speed be reached? Most stages don't have much space to keep running on without having to turn around.
I dunno what would be the best way to activate it (like I said, the idea needs refinement), but if executed well, I think it could work

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How about an Adventure Mode only version? It could be for a few sections it could work, like Sonic and the F-Zero sections.
I was thinking that, wouldn't mind it in Adventure Mode only, it would work well.

Maybe it could work something like Wario's Bike, except with more immunity to projectiles and can turn around indefintely?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What if there was one generic item that, when picked up, temporarily equips the character who picked it up with an upgrade from their game/series?

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I have to say this now before I leave for the day.
To all the people who use text the color or black, purple, or any other dark color. Please stop doing it... It hurts my eyes and it's really bad contrast since people can't read what your saying.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I just want a Square Enix rep, anyone that I'm at least a bit familiar with will do fine. (a Mage, Slime, or Sora are all fine by me)
This might be a blast from the past for some of you! I know this isn't exactly a rep for Square Enix, but...

They could include the original Maxim from Lufia, or the titular character (maybe even as a Sinistral.) Apparently Square Enix publishes these games now.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Well instead of tapping the joystick to dash you need to pull the joystick out of the controller and throw it at your opponent causing them to get hurt and be distracted therefore granting you a free hit and possibly a combo opportunity.
... ughh...

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
What if there was one generic item that, when picked up, temporarily equips the character who picked it up with an upgrade from their game/series?
Another idea, this one is a little less out there.
What if there were ride-able items like Rambi from DKC that worked somewhat like the Wario Bike, except different?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This might be a blast from the past for some of you! I know this isn't exactly a rep for Square Enix, but...

They could include Maxim from Lufia, or the titular character (maybe even as a Sinistral.) Apparently Square Enix publishes these games now.
First time I've seen you on the social thread.

Maxim looks like a cool character, but I'm not familiar with Lufia either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was thinking that, wouldn't mind it in Adventure Mode only, it would work well.

Maybe it could work something like Wario's Bike, except with more immunity to projectiles and can turn around indefintely?
Possibly. Something like the Boost from Sonic Unleashed? As long as it's short or has a gauge that you can only do for a short while then let it fill up again(like they did with in Sonic 2006, a fairly good balancing factor, imo).

On another note, I'm working on my own "Brian of Melrode" meme list in a Meme Generator. Got 4 done so far. :p

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think I'm gonna change my avatar to reflect one of my new favorite series in a while.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Possibly. Something like the Boost from Sonic Unleashed? As long as it's short or has a gauge that you can only do for a short while then let it fill up again(like they did with in Sonic 2006, a fairly good balancing factor, imo).

On another note, I'm working on my own "Brian of Melrode" meme list in a Meme Generator. Got 4 done so far. :p
Good luck with the list.

The gauge makes me think of the Tanooki suit/leaf as an item. I still think it would do a good job as one. (or maybe as an Adventure Mode exlcusive as well XD)

It sounds kind of like it would work as a power up of sorts, like you could even be invunerable for a short time and run incredibly fast, like with the Rainbow Star in SMG.

I'm starting to warm myself up to the idea of Adventure Mode exlusive items. (keys and such don't count)

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

Don't lie you want this to happen. We all do. Plus with all the "what ifs" being thrown around I had to use this.
I mean, I'm just throwing around ideas that I think would be interesting to initiate discussion.
Although not brilliant, I don't think my suggestions were silly.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Might change my avatar later to find a Nitori pic that only has Nitori in it. But anyway.

Adventure Mode only items would be pretty interesting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Good luck with the list.

The gauge makes me think of the Tanooki suit/leaf as an item. I still think it would do a good job as one. (or maybe as an Adventure Mode exlcusive as well XD)

It sounds kind of like it would work as a power up of sorts, like you could even be invunerable for a short time and run incredibly fast, like with the Rainbow Star in SMG.

I'm starting to warm myself up to the idea of Adventure Mode exlusive items. (keys and such don't count)
Well, they could return the Cloaking Device. :lol:

There's the latest one. :p

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I think they may no longer have any rights to Perfect Dark, which the cloaking device was from.

If it was to return, they better actually make it useful first. (outside of Multi-player)
The cloaking device is a generic sci-fi device that didn't originate from Perfect Dark and isn't anyone's intellectual property.

Edit: Oops, I'm sorry, I just looked it up.
I didn't know the Cloaking Device from Melee was particularly from PD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think they may no longer have any rights to Perfect Dark, which the cloaking device was from.

If it was to return, they better actually make it useful first. (outside of Multi-player)
Ah, that's probably why it was taken out. XD

The Cloaking Device was part of the broken item tier. Along with the Hammer, Fan, Star, and Bob-ombs. The Hammer is probably just below it in power, due to getting a fake hammers sometimes. Anyway, what you think of the images so far?

Name the reference, I dare ya. >_>

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

The Cloaking Device was part of the broken item tier. Along with the Hammer, Fan, Star, and Bob-ombs. The Hammer is probably just below it in power, due to getting a fake hammers sometimes. Anyway, what you think of the images so far?

The Cloaking Device? I thought it was pretty useless minus the damage prevention. Unless that's what you meant.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The cloaking device is a generic sci-fi device that didn't originate from Perfect Dark and isn't anyone's intellectual property.
It was based off the one from Perfect Dark.

It had a near identical design, and functioned similar.

It didn't appear in Brawl because of Rare's newfound affiliation with Microsoft.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Cloaking Device? I thought it was pretty useless minus the damage prevention. Unless that's what you meant.
That's what I mean. I found that overpowered in itself. Albeit, obviously, there's worse. I just consider it one of the overpowered items by far. Or the "Broken Tier" of items. I may be wrong about the official list(if any), though. But eh.

@KingofPhantoms47: That, and the actual item is listed under Perfect Dark Trophy-wise in the Japanese version of Melee(or with the Language settings. It translates to that)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It was more broken as in, near useless in my opinion. (except in Multi-player, as well the invunerability that Poppy mentioned)

I honestly don't know what you're referencing there, but the word *gruntle* and magician make me think of Banjo Kazooie.

After looking those words up though, seems you're referencing Yu-gi-oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom