• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, I think he was reffering to a game where each mascot of each videogame company would participate without any non-videogame characters.
That doesn't make any sense, since their mascots are video game characters? Maybe if it with one character per company...

Speaking of DBZ fighting games there was one of DBZ fighting game that I have that I downright hated because it had bad controls. I sold it. It was for the gamecube and I really can't remember the title. I also remember watching a video about it on youtube sharing with me that yeah this DBZ fighting game had very bad controls. I believe it was the DBZ fighting game that used 3D mechanics. Crap I can't remember the name all I do remember is I really hated the controls for it.
Budokai? I have one of those. I forgot how it played, but I had fun.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Eh, I think he was reffering to a game where each mascot of each videogame company would participate without any non-videogame characters.
I remember spending a lot of my time playing this one game on cartoon network.com. It was a powerpuff girls based game and you control giant monsters from the cartoon and you use them to fight against the cpus. It was a small time game but for some reason I had so much fun with it back in my cartoon-filled days.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
What's that fighting game that's only in Japan that's somewhat similar to SSB, except it's a bunch of anime/manga stars battling it out?
That game always looked pretty interesting.
It even had Bobobo

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'm hoping to see the Boxing Ring stage more often than FD, personally.

I'm not sure if that stage has a lower blastline or not though.
I went back and looked at the E3 trailer and the screenshots on the dojo to get some indication of the blastlines and I couldn't find any picture where someone was knocked away to the point where the camera angle widens. I also realized that in the trailer when Mario and Bowser start on the ring stage they hop over the ropes rather than the specific character entrances like in brawl. You know they aren't recovering because they do it simultaneously and they jump to the same height despite the fact that their mid-air jumps should differ. This makes me think it might be a special stage or a special mode which would either drastically affect it's competitive viability or disqualify it outright respectively. Assuming it isn't a special stage/mode and the ring hop in was just done for the trailer how often it's seen would also depend on if you can interact with the ropes. If they function as walls or something similar then it won't be used because of the infinites it allows. If you mean casually then disregard all of this.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
What's that fighting game that's only in Japan that's somewhat similar to SSB, except it's a bunch of anime/manga stars battling it out?
That game always looked pretty interesting.
It even had Bobobo
The one for the DS or for the PS3?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think this may be getting to far off topic.
As long as it can be legitimately justified that it's related to Smash 4 then I don't see the issue.

Speaking of DBZ fighting games there was one of DBZ fighting game that I have that I downright hated because it had bad controls. I sold it. It was for the gamecube and I really can't remember the title. I also remember watching a video about it on youtube sharing with me that yeah this DBZ fighting game had very bad controls. I believe it was the DBZ fighting game that used 3D mechanics. Crap I can't remember the name all I do remember is I really hated the controls for it.
I never do that because of bad controls unless it's seriously just awful. I try to get used to controls first but if I can't do that after a long period of playing (which I usually can do) then I can't have fun. Kind of like the default controls for San Andreas on PC (those were god awful, thankfully customizable though).

The same situation will probably happen for me for the new Smash games in that I have to take some time to get used to the controls after using the Gamecube controller for so long. Shouldn't be an issue

Yay, I looped it back to Smash4.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Back on topic of Smash, starting veterans. Who can we expect? (Obviously?)

I'm thinking, not including those already shown,

Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Zelda (/Sheik)
Diddy Kong
Wario
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
Ike
Meta Knight
Lucas

will be the veteran starters. Anybody agree? Disagree?

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
I have no idea, I only saw a single article on it once.
Considering how long ago that was, I think it was for the DS.
Well, it it was pure sprite game, it was DS. If it was 3D model characters, then is PS3 (but that game isn't even out yet)
So yeah, it's the DS one.
I wish Pokémon Trainer/Red could battle like Yugi in the game. :(

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, it it was pure sprite game, it was DS. If it was 3D model characters, then is PS3 (but that game isn't even out yet)
So yeah, it's the DS one.
I wish Pokémon Trainer/Red could battle like Yugi in the game. :(
I wish Jump Superstars came towards the Americas to be honest. Would have been neat to have two of my favorite game series to be fighting games.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Back on topic of Smash, starting veterans. Who can we expect? (Obviously?)

I'm thinking, not including those already shown,

Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Zelda (/Sheik)
Diddy Kong
Wario
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
Ike
Meta Knight
Lucas

will be the veteran starters. Anybody agree? Disagree?
I don't think Ike and Pokemon Trainer are so "obvious", they have a possibility of being cut.
Jigglypuff is more likely to remain than them (who should be on your list)

I think Sonic has a very good chance of getting in as well

Edit: Oh and Ness should be on your list

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I heard some mention of Rayman, I think he'd fit in perfectly with the rest of the cast. Ubisoft and Nintendo have been kind of close too, other than the whole Rayman Legends not being a Wii U exclusive anymore fiasco. He's the only third party character I'm really rooting for, and with Banjo out of the picture, the character I'd love to see the most in general. As long as there are no references to the Rabbids whatsoever anyway.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Truth. Plenty of females to use for SSB! :troll:
Not just that. Touhou's a great series.

The problem is that there's only one game, called Touhou Kenbun Roku for the NES. But it has zip to do with Touhou/Toho. Touhou also started as a video game, so... it could potentially have a character, if it had a Nintendo appearance, anyway.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I don't think Ike and Pokemon Trainer are so "obvious", they have a possibility of being cut.
Jigglypuff is more likely to remain than them (who should be on your list)

I think Sonic has a very good chance of getting in as well

These are starter veterans, I have Jigglypuff and Sonic as unlockables. I like to think they'll continue the pattern of "no starter will be cut ever" like how the characters from Melee (besides the cut 5) will continue on as they have been featured in two games and are likely to return again. As for Brawl starters, I'm hoping they stay too.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I heard some mention of Rayman, I think he'd fit in perfectly with the rest of the cast. Ubisoft and Nintendo have been kind of close too, other than the whole Rayman Legends not being a Wii U exclusive anymore fiasco. He's the only third party character I'm really rooting for, and with Banjo out of the picture, the character I'd love to see the most in general. As long as there are no references to the Rabbids whatsoever anyway.
Rabbids... They give me nightmares!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@TheWhiteBowser: Yes, the shoot 'em up. Fun series, and has tons of games, as well as enough popularity. Albeit, there's a lot of reasons we wouldn't get a playable character, but eh. Funny how Cirno has a ton of actual re-colors available.(with various elements, specifically)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Anyway, I'm still working on updating the roster creator I downloaded. That way, I can do any random roster people want(or I want).

@MexM: Then his statements are bloody confusing, not going to lie.
I just meant major video game mascots. No mascots from anything else in that game.

I'm sorry for any confusion there.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Egh.
Rayman debuted on the PS1, and even with Ubisoft making stuff for Ninty consoles, it isn't exclusively or anything.

Also, I think the whole Rayman Legends fiasco really shows that Ubisoft isn't tight with Nintendo.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Taking out Simon Belmont, other third party characters I would like to see are Layton and Maxwell. All of their games have been on Nintendo consoles or Nintendo exclusives. (with the exception of phone games and PC) I just feel they got the rights to be in a Nintendo centered game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I went back and looked at the E3 trailer and the screenshots on the dojo to get some indication of the blastlines and I couldn't find any picture where someone was knocked away to the point where the camera angle widens. I also realized that in the trailer when Mario and Bowser start on the ring stage they hop over the ropes rather than the specific character entrances like in brawl. You know they aren't recovering because they do it simultaneously and they jump to the same height despite the fact that their mid-air jumps should differ. This makes me think it might be a special stage or a special mode which would either drastically affect it's competitive viability or disqualify it outright respectively. Assuming it isn't a special stage/mode and the ring hop in was just done for the trailer how often it's seen would also depend on if you can interact with the ropes. If they function as walls or something similar then it won't be used because of the infinites it allows. If you mean casually then disregard all of this.
I'm mainly a casual, so none of that will probably bother me much.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Egh.
Rayman debuted on the PS1, and even with Ubisoft making stuff for Ninty consoles, it isn't exclusively or anything.

Also, I think the whole Rayman Legends fiasco really shows that Ubisoft isn't tight with Nintendo.
He debuted on the Atari Jaguar actually, the PS1 version was just one of the many ports. His arguably greatest game (The Great Escape) was on the N64, PS1, and Dreamcast, not to mention the absurdly huge number of ports that game has. Also, when the first game was still in development, it was being made for the SNES and was very much different from the final product, not that it helps any.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
He debuted on the Atari Jaguar actually, the PS1 version was just one of the many ports. His arguably greatest game (The Great Escape) was on the N64, PS1, and Dreamcast, not to mention the absurdly huge number of ports that game has. Also, when the first game was still in development, it was being made for the SNES and was very much different from the final product, not that it helps any.
Oh, thanks, I didn't know it debuted on the Jaguar, but again, that doesn't make Rayman anymore likely.
Also, you didn't need to type that in such small text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom