• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I prefer this version over the Brawl version.
The other one is fin and all, but i don't get that Donkey Kong Country vibe from it.
TBH, I never liked the Bramble Blast song (Brawl or DKC2). It just doesn't really sound like a song for some reason. But everyone's opinion is different.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
TBH, I never liked the Bramble Blast song (Brawl or DKC2). It just doesn't really sound like a song for some reason. But everyone's opinion is different.
Yeah, I'm constantly reminded that we all have different tastes, and that there really is no definitive version of anything when it comes to Smash...or life in general. (Except tripping. :awesome: I'm pretty sure someone out there loves tripping)

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon is shown in the SNES Comic(from the actual original game itself) fighting and using a Blaster. He definitely fought before Smash, but did nothing notable that got added in(besides him being clearly strong and a bounty hunter).

Fox/Falco both had on-foot parts in Star Fox 64, and later on Assault.(albeit, Assault was after Melee, but it's still not that weird)

Either way, they aren't that good of examples as they knew how to fought outside of their vehicles. Wolf is another story. I can't remember if he had on-foot segments in Assault.
Wolf was an unlockable character for multiplayer, so you could play as him on-foot as well.
He had the best stats in the game too.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
This seems far too ideal to ever happen, but what do you guys think about having a gimmick switch?

An option to turn off the gimmicks in stages, like in Mario Power Tennis for the Gamecube.

For example, the gimmick switch would turn off the shy guys in the Mario Kart stage.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This was always my favorite. They don't make theme songs like they used too.
I dislike the theme to Sonic Underground, but it's really catchy. After watching a few episodes I was humming it, even though i didn't like it

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
How unfortunate is it that this makes me feel nostalgic listening to it?
Your not the only one who suffers from this bruh.
I dislike the theme to Sonic Underground, but it's really catchy. After watching a few episodes I was humming it, even though i didn't like it
LOL I hated everything about Sonic Underground everything screams lame fan fiction. From the obvious sonic recolors and their names. Manic!? Really!? LOL! :rotfl:
But, I agree the song was sure as hell catchy and is probably one of my favorite character intros. Followed by the CN TMNT, Animaniacs, Rollie Pollie Ollie and PB&J Otter

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
This was always my favorite. They don't make theme songs like they used too.
Eh, I much prefer SATam's and Adventures' theme.

Speaking of Adventures...
I don't know what's worse; Sonic X, or the fact that I've literally seen every episode of SATam, Adventures, and Underground.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
No one answered or acknowledged this, so I'm gonna post it again.

What do you guys think about having a stage gimmick switch?

An option to turn off the gimmicks in stages, like in Mario Power Tennis for the Gamecube.

For example, the gimmick switch would turn off the shy guys in the Mario Kart stage or the Arwings and laser in Corneria, etc

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy

For example, the gimmick switch would turn off the shy guys in the Mario Kart stage or the Arwings and laser in Corneria, etc
Yes please. I want to play without people going "It was the Arwing's kill, not yours!"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I wouldn't mind having that feature but unfortunately Sakruai has confirmed that ain't happening.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

See above. Also, see PSASBR where it was an option but people just argued endlessly whether hazards should still be on or off for competitive play. In the end, it wouldn't be a good thing.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind having that feature but unfortunately Sakruai has confirmed that ain't happening.
He did?
Because I think it would be perfect.
It'd make a lot more stages playable, while still being able to maintain the party aspect of SSB as an option.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
All the stages are playable.

Some just aren't ideal for tournaments and competitive scenes is all.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
See above. Also, see PSASBR where it was an option but people just argued endlessly whether hazards should still be on or off for competitive play. In the end, it wouldn't be a good thing.
Yea, but just having it there as an option wouldn't harm anyone.
People can just make gimmicks legal as counterpicks or something, I dunno, but I still think it'd be far more of a good thing than a bad thing.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
All the stages are playable.

Some just aren't ideal for tournaments and competitive scenes is all.
I mean, Rumble Falls isn't really even fun in the casual context at all, despite being "playable".
I play casually a lot with my friends, and we don't mind gimmicks for most stages, but it could definitely benefit some.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean, Rumble Falls isn't really even fun in the casual context at all, despite being "playable".
I play casually a lot with my friends, and we don't mind gimmicks for most stages, but it could definitely benefit some.
Being playable and being fun are two different things, I agree.

I never liked scrolling stages.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
He did?
Because I think it would be perfect.
It'd make a lot more stages playable, while still being able to maintain the party aspect of SSB as an option.
Yea, but just having it there as an option wouldn't harm anyone.
People can just make gimmicks legal as counterpicks or something, I dunno, but I still think it'd be far more of a good thing than a bad thing.
Yes he did, a cited PSASBR when he did, but see above comment. It just creates more discord. And people tried thing like that for PSASBR too, it turned out horribly.

HOWEVER Sakurai saying hazards shouldn't have the option to be turned off tells us a bit on how the game should be played when crafting future stage lists showing the mindset many have had of fighting on static stages is best is wrong.

let the debate begin

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can't tell which was worse.

Icicle Mountain: Random speed changes with no warning, sometimes scrolls downward with no warning, and ice blocks that can be broken, as well as floating platforms.

Rumble Falls: Speed changes are random still, but come with warnings. Never scrolls down, has very few breakable object/platforms, but does have platforms with buttons that can change it's position. Also has spike hazards with very strong knockback.

Which stage do you guys think is worse?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yes he did, a cited PSASBR when he did, but see above comment. It just creates more discord. And people tried thing like that for PSASBR too, it turned out horribly.

HOWEVER Sakurai saying hazards shouldn't have the option to be turned off tells us a bit on how the game should be played when crafting future stage lists showing the mindset many have had of fighting on static stages is best is wrong.

let the debate begin
... But I don't think static stages are the best.
I love Pictochat, Warioware, Norfair, and whatnot .

I just think it'd be nice to have the option, you know? It'd be like 2 stages in one.

And about "the discord"; that wasn't a cause of bad game design, just a split fanbase.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No hazard switch? Damn, that was one of the ideas that PSA had that I thought was good. Hopefully Sakurai will compensate by adding a wider variety of less hectic stages.

Icicle Mountain: Random speed changes with no warning, sometimes scrolls downward with no warning, and ice blocks that can be broken, as well as floating platforms.

Rumble Falls: Speed changes are random still, but come with warnings. Never scrolls down, has very few breakable object/platforms, but does have platforms with buttons that can change it's position. Also has spike hazards with very strong knockback.

Neither. They're both absolutely terrible. Hopefully the vertical scrolling style of stage will be retired this time around.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If they find some way to make vertical scrolling enjoyable then all power to them.

But I doubt it.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

If they find some way to make vertical scrolling enjoyable then all power to them.

But I doubt it.

I'd stomach playing on rumble falls. Time to talk PSASBR again, I wish stages like that were more like Alden's Tower. There are solid stops, fair warnings when it's going to move, and moves at a fair speed. If only...

... But I don't think static stages are the best.
I love Pictochat, Warioware, Norfair, and whatnot .

I just think it'd be nice to have the option, you know? It'd be like 2 stages in one.

And about "the discord"; that wasn't a cause of bad game design, just a split fanbase.

Meh... From having the option, no one "competitive" will ever use hazards with you, and you might be looked down upon for using them ever. It just gets nasty from there. I really REALLY sucks and ends up causing more fights then you'd ever want.

And I'm not saying EVERYONE holds that static mentality, But those that do... Sakurai threw the ball out of that court, maybe it's time to look at rulesets and stages legal in a different way.

Reznor

work in progress
I'd stomach playing on rumble falls. Time to talk PSASBR again, I wish stages like that were more like Alden's Tower. There are solid stops, fair warnings when it's going to move, and moves at a fair speed. If only....
I haven't been on smash boards long so I want to know what peoples opinions are on PSASBR because I think the game sucks

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I haven't been on smash boards long so I want to know what peoples opinions are on PSASBR because I think the game sucks

It does. It invented glitches no other game has ever had, can actually ruin your console if you play it, has the most horrific balance I've ever seen, repetitive and stale game mechanics, and the community is on par with CoD or WWE ESPECIALLY in terms of maturity. If you really wanna know how the community asks, search this thread for posts by me involving "cookie tournament" to see what they do.

(I was the only person willing to try and put up with them so a competitive community could exist. These people wont even say thank you for it almost all the time, and call you stupid for enforcing simple rules on a website. Seriously, no one should EVER buy this game.)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
(These people wont even say thank you for it almost all the time, and call you stupid for enforcing simple rules on a website. Seriously, no one should EVER buy this game.)
You know what I think about the people in fanbases that act like that?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
You know what I think about the people in fanbases that act like that?

Wish more people there felt the same. I hear there is even a chatroom made to just make fun of me in now after I shut down my site tired of dealing with them. Hopefully none of you ever have to meet these people.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There should be an option to choose what song you want for a stage, you hover over FD and it shows the list of songs to be chosen. Pick one and start the match i guess.
Ummm... I take it you don't use the My Music option in Brawl.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
and the community is on par with CoD or WWE ESPECIALLY in terms of maturity. If you really wanna know how the community asks, search this thread for posts by me involving "cookie tournament" to see what they do.
theclumsygoalie said:
I think he actually meant to say that the fan base is very well educated with our moms. A game can't go by without a handful of mature, gracious young men recounting a fond get-together with them, no?
<3 ya AylasHero, I hope you do well for the Smash 4 scene. Let's build it up.

Reznor

work in progress
It does. It invented glitches no other game has ever had, can actually ruin your console if you play it, has the most horrific balance I've ever seen, repetitive and stale game mechanics, and the community is on par with CoD or WWE ESPECIALLY in terms of maturity. If you really wanna know how the community asks, search this thread for posts by me involving "cookie tournament" to see what they do.

(I was the only person willing to try and put up with them so a competitive community could exist. These people wont even say thank you for it almost all the time, and call you stupid for enforcing simple rules on a website. Seriously, no one should EVER buy this game.)
dang that sucks

I got plans for every smash scene to get built up. SSWT baby, it'll be big, not including my plans for Smash 3DS.
any chance we can get spoilers on these plans ;)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
dang that sucks

any chance we can get spoilers on these plans ;)

Of course! Not only am I trying to create/foster the 3DS scene with streams and such, but Super Smash World Tournaments (SSWT) is an upcoming prject to help keep track of data in all smash games in a simple way that is viewable by everyone. And you will be able to check your personal data too, see what stages you are best on, which matchups you have a hard time on... It'll help know best stages for all characters, character matchups, I mean a LOT of epic data.

And... Online matchmaking for fun similar/maybe better then AllIsBrawl

Edit: I forgot! Easier TO software for running brackets too! And rankings on a gliko-2 system, and tons of extra resources to help TOs start events or host them, especially helping there to be more smash fests and events to play in! Did I mention a search engine to find events in your area?

I'll edit more if I remember XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom