• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if you have seen this vid.. But it's just priceless.

Blame me if I did something wrong, since this is my first comment on Smashboards :)

And yeah... Hello everyone :bee:

Heh, this is why I kind of wish we could have seen a real E3 crowd reaction to the reveal. I can only imagine it would have rivaled when Twilight Princess was revealed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh! This warm wellcome was unexpected!

There's something I'd like to say. Do you think there's a chance to see a new F-Zero character On SSB4? I doubt it actually. But there's still hope...

I really hope we get Samurai Goroh, in all honesty. However, I think his chances aren't looking too good nowadays, considering all of the other franchises that may get more representation instead. I think relatively speaking, a 40/60 chance that we'll get an F-Zero character. I do invite you to come down to the Goroh thread in the Character section. It could use a bump. Shameless Thread-Plug again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why did they do it through a direct on the internet rather than on the actual E3 stage?
Because Nintendo's goal was to create a more inclusive E3 experience so that there wasn't an overwhelming difference between those who actually got to go and those that only watched it online. That's also the reason they had the playable demos at Best Buy and why they had a lot of events on Street Pass that week.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Because Nintendo's goal was to create a more inclusive E3 experience so that there wasn't an overwhelming difference between those who actually got to go and those that only watched it online. That's also the reason they had the playable demos at Best Buy and why they had a lot of events on Street Pass that week.
Not to mention it's a hell of a lot less awkward than the stage presentations.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not that this had to do with it, but Nintendo also just couldn't win this year. Not with the PS4 and Xboxdone being announced.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not that this had to do with it, but Nintendo also just couldn't win this year. Not with the PS4 and Xboxdone being announced.
And everyone going all stupid over the Kingdom Hearts III reveal. Remember when I said the graphics were literally just 1.5 HD and people in this thread were bashing me=??? That in and of itself is proof that game will be released in 2016 at best.

Still, Microsoft won the games presentation award, Sony won the console (reveal) presentation and just overall product presentation award, and Nintendo won the loyalty award.

E3 was good; it's too bad Microsoft had to stick with their stupid policies up to then. If they weren't totally stupid about it, this could have been the best E3 ever.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know, after a month passing I've come to realize that this year's E3 really wasn't that great. There was really no big surprises and the only reason Sony basically ran away with the show is because Microsoft dropped the ball so unbelievably hard and Nintendo chose not to play. For Sony, it was like winning an arm wrestling contest against someone who didn't show up and someone who's already dead.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...John, Microsoft had maybe two or three IPs that were exclusive to Xbox One. That's it. None of them were particularly compelling, either (except for Halo and KI).

I think Sony takes the cake overall, in both games AND product presentation. Nintendo was at a distant second.

Smooth Criminal

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Honestly, Nintendo's game reveals were underwhelming to me. I got the titles I wanted, just.. I'm not that inruiged by them. 3D Mario looks incredibly underwhelming. I AM excited for the multiplayer action though. Mario Kart 8 looks, okay. I know it will be amazing, but it's not something I can hype about until I play it for 80 hours in three days. Do the math.

Project X and Smash were the best game reveals by far. The only game that could outshine these that were revealed at E3 is KHIII. And even then I think it would place second on most anticipated titles revealed.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I really hope we get Samurai Goroh, in all honesty. However, I think his chances aren't looking too good nowadays, considering all of the other franchises that may get more representation instead. I think relatively speaking, a 40/60 chance that we'll get an F-Zero character. I do invite you to come down to the Goroh thread in the Character section. It could use a bump. Shameless Thread-Plug again.
How can I find Specific characters threads? Sorry for beeing a noob.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How can I find Specific characters threads? Sorry for beeing a noob.

Haha, not a problem. Just head to the character section, and one of the stickied threads is a Character Directory Thread. You can find all of the other threads from there.:p

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, the only game at Nintendo's presentation that was underwhelming was Mario 3D World, which they need to show more of. I think it could be a hugely popular and great game.

The biggest problem with Nintendo's conference is they showed a ton of stuff before E3; Bayonetta 2, Pokémon X & Y, the 3 exclusive Sonic games (including Lost World), and their new games that were promentely shown were of prevalent franchises and expected (DK: Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D World, Smash WiiU/3DS, the Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3), whereas the unexpected games (X) we didn't get to see enough of.

Really, Nintendo's biggest "E3 Problem" is they have a ton of reveals throughout the year, which is what I honestly prefer.
...John, Microsoft had maybe two or three IPs that were exclusive to Xbox One. That's it. None of them were particularly compelling, either (except for Halo and KI).

I think Sony takes the cake overall, in both games AND product presentation. Nintendo was at a distant second.
Metal Gear Solid V was at Microsoft's conference, not Sony's.

That won it for me.

And the Halo V reveal > The Kingdom Hearts III reveal.

Also, a lot of games flew under the radar, like the create a scenario game, which looked like it was way better than LittleBigPlanet (at least in its' interface).

And Forza's presentation was better than Gran Turismo 6.

And quite honestly, aside from "press A ton win" the game (aka Ryse), there were more enjoyable games shown (sorry Bungine, but your presentation for your new game was pretty awkward).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
But everyone and their mother knows that MGSV is multi-platform, so it doesn't really count.

Ryse was really, really underwhelming, man. It looks like borderline shovelware in terms of gameplay if you ask me. Lmao.

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But everyone and their mother knows that MGSV is multi-platform, so it doesn't really count.
Well then Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Dogs and Ghosts, probably Final Fantasy XV, and Kingdom Hearts III won't count, along with basically everything shown that isn't a 1st or 2nd party Sony or Microsoft title (sans like the Insomniac Games game shown maybe and Dead Rising [Evil] 3).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...that's the whole point of the presentation, John. It's to (ultimately) show off their brand. Multi-platform games aren't really indicative of that. :p

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If the point was to show exclusive stuff, then Nintendo only lost in 2008, and is undefeated when it comes to handheld gaming.
Ryse was really, really underwhelming, man. It looks like borderline shovelware in terms of gameplay if you ask me. Lmao.
It's not the game's fault that "pressing A equals winning" is too complex for you.

(I wonder if that is what SmashChu wanted Smash WiiU and Smash 3DS to look like...)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
SmashChu probably doesn't need to press B to beat your sorry ***.
Nah. It has to be a FFA with three of his buddies (like you, Oasis) and items on high. Just like how Smash was meant to be played! :troll:

(Or he could cut the middleman out and punch a body in the face.)

I kid, I kid.

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
SmashChu bans skill from playing a role in who wins; that is why he is playing Super Monkey Ball 17: You don't control your character.

Also, unplugging your opponent's controller in a game of smash is an under-utilized strategy.
Oh, please. You know exactly what I'm getting at when I say that ****, John.
Agreed, Ryse is just real time A pressing.

I mean, I don't get why such things aren't just movies or pure cut scenes.

Really, if the game wasn't all pre-scripted and they let the players fight in a war with real consequences, imagine the (almost unlimited possibilities).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HEY.

HEY.

PUTTING YOUR NAME ON EVERY POST, YOU KNOW WHAT WE CALL THAT.

MARKET SATURATION. YOUR BRAND IS EVERYWHERE, BUT NO ONE IS BUYING.

MAYBE IF YOU HAD LISTENED TO HIM THEN YOU'D MAKE A SALE OR TWO.

Was that even an insult I dunno I'm just happy about Seaman.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Some day. . .
Some day hopefully very soon.

Seriously, a totally free up to you war game where you serve as a like 200 BC to 1500 BC era Roman-esk General or Commander of sorts who also fights in battle would literally just print money, especially if it had multiplayer battles and a co-op mode (with lots of players).

That would be so much hype, the internet would die.
It looks like Nintendo is trying to revive one of the most frightening Sega franchises in history: Seaman. :troll:

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/1...-is-being-revived-by-nintendo/#comment-583747
...Eggs confirmed=??? :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
A question that has been on my mind lately... Just how much are you obsessed with Michael Jackson? :rolleyes:
I think he's more obsessed with the song he named after himself.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm gonna start doing a feature for whenever I can be on here, The Awkward Smash Debate Argument Of The Day!

Here's one about walkoff stages that compares legalizing them to incest! Happy trails!!!

If that's what we can rationally say leads to the best metagame, then I'd say yes.

Here's an example of why legalizing walkoff stages could be bad: If we legalize all the stages with walkoffs (or all the stages that are gimmicky, but not broken otherwise, which includes Mario Bros), and it causes a slew of people to quit the game because they don't enjoy it anymore, and we don't have a stream of new people entering the community (because there's not really a community of people who are holding out on playing competitively because Mario Bros isn't legal lol), then the metagame is probably worse off for having those stages legal, regardless of if there's other reasoning behind it.

Now that is a slippery slope to an extent, but do you really think that we'd have more people happy than not with the legalization of Mario Bros?

It's kind of like in the US, ****in' incest is illegal, for no real reason. However if we suddenly legalized incest, the amount of problems we'd gain from religious people causing as much (or more due to the combined nature of it) havoc as they have with the legalization of abortion, in contrast to the small amount of gain due to the very small amount of people who are in love with their brother, it wouldn't be worth it to society to do that. What we would do instead is work on the little things, change the overall mindset, so that something like the legalization of incest could be more well recieved.

This can be applied to a lot of things, such as legalizing, say, pot in ****ing Texas or something. The mindset in Texas (well this one I'm slightly unsure of, as I don't know how well received pot is in Texas lol. But if it couldn't get legalized in California, which is significantly more liberal than Texas, I'd assume that it wouldn't be good lol) would cause that to create significantly more harm than the good we'd gain. Instead we would work on changing the mindsets in places surrounding Texas, working on desensitizing our selves to pot, and attempting to legalize it (as an issue like this is bound to eventually end up with pot being legal in California), eventually it'll spread to Texas, and we'll get the right outcome without the huge backlash, and further stigma.

Or for a more smash related example, it'd be like suddenly turning on all items again if we found our 2003 principles to be incorrect. Or like going for the grab release to spike in tournament matches EVERY time when you never get it. In an ideal world you'd always get it, but in the real world, the issues that arise from trying it would hold you back as a player.

Now I'm not especially sure about the pot example, that one was a random one that came to mind, it's more to get the concept across. The incest one is meant to be the more legitimate example.

There's no reason to suddenly switch to a completely (and probably overly) idealistic view when it wouldn't even cause the best results.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm gonna start doing a feature for whenever I can be on here, The Awkward Smash Debate Argument Of The Day!

Here's one about walkoff stages that compares legalizing them to incest! Happy trails!!!

[insert argument here]
There is a reason I take every moment I can to pick fun at people who take these smash debates seriously enough that they get hostile at a slight contrasting opinion.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Legalizing incest would lead to an increase in babies who are screwed up, and it messed with DNA and crap. My uncle is a CEO at a company that produces various equipment and technology that cures cancer, specifically breast cancer, and his team's research has found people born even of two cousins have some messed up crap in their body, which actually increases their rates of cancer, which means higher health care rates (although note that it really starts spiking with siblings and parents and children; "incest" in the sense of foster siblings obviously would have no effect on genetics).

Plus it's freaking gross. Have you ever met people who commits incest=??? I have, and they were messed up more than anyone I have ever known.

As for stages, we ban stages that make you fight the stand, instead of fight on (or with) the stage. Walk off stages aren't theoretically all bad, but so far, the most "tournament friendly" ones we have gotten are Mushroom Kingdom II, Mario Circuit, Green Hill Zone, and Yoshi's Island (Melee), and none of those stages should be tournament legal at all.

The point is, we need a good tournament-legal worthy walk off stage (aside from like the little portions of moving stages; no, I don't think those count) before we legalize any.
A question that has been on my mind lately... Just how much are you obsessed with Michael Jackson? :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure he was inspired by the Alien Ant Farm cover of that song...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom