• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone listening to any good music lately? I've been listening to D&B like a mad man. Weird considering that i'm usually into hip hop, R&B, rap, jazz and rock. Then again i've always dug synthetic instruments.

Any artist yall like?

I'll start. Currently, i'm listening to this:

It's long, but after listening to this genre for so long it's actually refreshing to listen to the whole thing.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Sooooo.....

Anyone listening to any good music lately? I've been listening to D&B like a mad man. Weird considering that i'm usually into hip hop, R&B, rap, jazz and rock. Then again i've always dug synthetic instruments.

Any artist yall like?
I like various kinds of music, but I generally don't like hard rock or rap.
There are some rap/hip-hop tracks I really love, but I just don't like the attitude and culture that comes with it.

I love Celtic music and video game music. Eiffel 65 (Europop), Backstreet Boys, and NSYNC are good, too.
I just have too many favorites to make a full list from.

---

Yeah, I feel you. I live in Compton/Watts so i'm fairly familiar with the demographic and get my share of rap. Though I do dig some modern artist like Kendric Lamar and Wiz Khalifa because they have such a nice Melody. As far as rock I dig a some indie rock like Phoenix, and some alternative like Foo Fighters, MCR, Sum 41, Fall out Boy etc.

Drum & Bass is a guilty pleasure for me since I grew up with video games and Daft Punk so the techno vibe that games usually have are infectious to me. As far as D&B artists go I like London Elektricity, Agent Alvin, Logistics, Netsky, Nu:Tone and some Danny Bird.

I like a lot of genres of music, even mariachi lol

Pretty popular song by Kendric

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Hey all again.. I just spent about an hour making an utter and complete fool of myself. How're you all?

my tl;dr version of my tastes in music. Lol. I like a lot of stuff.

Smooth Criminal
Pretty much what I have to say to this as well. Except my major preference is Rock

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
**** happens man. Royforsmashfoureveryoneelsecansuckit
Haha, I'd like to see Roy return but I wouldn't mind seeing other FE people there. Oops.. I brought FE into the social chat.. Bad idea. Erm subject change, erm..

What's an Earthbound/Mother stage you would all like to see? Saturn Valley maybe?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Haha, I'd like to see Roy return but I wouldn't mind seeing other FE people there. Oops.. I brought FE into the social chat.. Bad idea. Erm subject change, erm..

What's an Earthbound/Mother stage you would all like to see? Saturn Valley maybe?
Possibilities:

-Mt Itoi from Mother 1
-Another location from Mother 1
-Saturn Valley (the version from Mother 2)
-Twoson from Mother 2
-Moonside from Mother 2 (mirrored image of Melee's Fourside, but with the Mani Mani statue as a hazard)
-Lost Underworld from Mother 2
-Cave of the Past from Mother 2
-Magicant (the Mother 2 version)
-Somewhere on the Nowhere Islands from Mother 3. (possibly set during the awakening of the dark dragon)

Tracks I'd like to see:
Get on The Bus (alternate track for Fourside; Melee and SSB64 stages without a second track should get a new original one to balance things out)
Battle Against a Weak Opponent
Battle Against a Machine
Cease to Exist (Porky Means Business)
Sanctuary Guardian
Deep Darkness
Strong One

Also, you know how people say that Route 10's theme in Black and White sounds like Run My Dog Run! from Mother 3, and N's Farewell sounds like the Mother 3 Theme of Love? (due to Creatures Inc having worked on the Mother series)
Well, whenever I hear the drum pattern in Ghetsis's theme, I think of Deep Darkness. o3o
Conspiracy!

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Man, you got some really good stage selection and music tracks there I agree with it all haha. May I add Ness's whole mind to the stage list? I kinda liked that segment of Earthbound

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Are those the orbitars we've seen already? It would be cool if with each attack that used Uprising weapons pulled them out from a particular set at random with each use, and each different weapon would have different effects.

I bet Kuma would just love that.

3AM here, you urethral sounds.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
4am here. I need to get to bed. :tired:

Nice to see the Guardian Orbitars special up close. Still not sure if it'll be better than the Mirror Shield though.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The orbirtars not only have a better visual effect but better name. I wonder if they'll just function like a two sided mirror shield.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Did Pit even have a Mirror Shield in one of the Kid Icarus games before SSBB?

Otherwise he totally stole form The Legend of Zelda.
It was one of 3 sacred treasures and the key to defeating Medusa in the original Kid Icarus, was based on the Greek Legend of Medusa and such.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Ahh. Thanks for the info once again. :grin:

Out of curiosity, what were the other 2?
The Arrow of Light [which are the arrows he uses in smash I think but with control and such added] that could pierce through defenses [if I recall anyways, its been a LONG time since I played the original Kid Icarus] and the Wings of Pegasus which granted him infinite flight but were only usable in the final area/fight.

As I have yet to play Uprising I do not know if they show up there as well. But I guess they probably do

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
For me, it updates at around 4 AM.
Anyways, those orbitars look really good, even though I never played Uprising. However, I always hear my friends talk about it so when/if I get a 3DS, it's going to be one of the first games I pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom