• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@moon
That way would be equally effective but people would still try to argue it counts as one rep.
I'm not all too concerned with "reps". If ZSS's move-set is distinguishable enough from Samus' than she can simply represent herself (which is kind of odd saying since they are the same person :laugh:)

Besides, as long as the Final Smash connects these 2 entities of Samus, I see no reason why they should split.
The 2 are one and link into each other, the same way how Zelda and Shiek are linked; the only difference is that Samus has a Final Smash while Zelda has her down special to transform.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Again, how does that support your argument? Young Link may have got a slot, but he isn't a second rep. Nor is ZSS. Toon Link, being a different character, is another rep.

rep·re·sen·ta·tion.
Something that represents as an image or likeness of something.

Young Link represents the youth of Link, Zero Suit Samus represents Samus without her Varia Suit.
you have your own interpretation of the word, this is mine.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
ZSS should get a new final smash too even if the purpose stays the same. Of the purpose does stay the same then yeah they should occupy the same slot like shelda.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
rep·re·sen·ta·tion.

Young Link represents the youth of Link, Zero Suit Samus represents Samus without her Varia Suit.

Represent can also mean to represent a team, to partake in an event or sport. In Smash, it uses this definition. Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, could be considered a part of the "Zelda Team" Young Link can't be considered a 4th rep as he is the same as Link, at a different age, if we were reffering to. Samus and ZSS are one and the same, so only she is able to represent her "team".

Toon Link has no relation to the TP Link, both of whom are in Brawl. He is considered a different rep. ZSS is just another character using different equipment, and the same can be said for Shiek.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think Smashboards is the only place I've ever been to that constantly argues the very definition of words.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
exactly! you have your definition, that was mine.
clearly, people do not want to admit that they may be wrong, we are human after all; but that's the whole point of speculating, isn't it? To discover other people's opinions. (btw, I include myself in the people who do not want to admit they are wrong... just in case you thought it was an indirect attack)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Shortie thinks Roy and Palutena have a better shot at being playable than K. Rool=???

:laugh:
Personally, I don't think Toon Link was the best idea as I don't see why we need 2 Links. Hopefully Smash 4 will prove differently.
Agreed. Brawl Link was worthless. Sakurai should have just cut him and worked on Mewtwo instead. Brawl Link was just an embarrassment in game design. Thankfully Brawl/Twilight Princess Link was cut, and replaced with some confused mixed up combination of Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword Link.
The MoonKnights are reunited.

#StayScheming
We never broke up, and I've been owning the BRoom! :shades:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Seriously.

inb4Monkpissesandmoansabouttheimportanceofsemantics

Smooth Criminal
LOL!

Side Note: I'm assuming based off of your avi that you have been keeping up with the anime?
If you have can you tell me if the season is over? I checked wikipedia and not it's saying there is 13.5? :confused:
You see, I stopped watching around episode 8, because I want to be able to watch the rest of the season in one swoop. ( I hate the suspense and cliffhangers :glare: )

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Again, how does that support your argument? Young Link may have got a slot, but he isn't a second rep. Nor is ZSS. Toon Link, being a different character, is another rep.

And Pichu would be considered a second rep, as it and Pikachu members of a species.

Young Link was from Majora's Mask while Adult Link was from OOT specifically(but really repped Zelda II and Zelda I the most). They rep different games. So yes, it was a second rep. Same with ZSS. They're different characters. Zelda repped the general character while Sheik repped OOT a second time.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The answer to the suspense is to read the manga. The anime is unusually slow considering there's plenty of manga material to work with. The anime is currently planned to have at least 25 or 26 episodes, but it will likely get more.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
rep·re·sen·ta·tion.

This is the first use of the word "representation" in regard to smash characters I agree with. No one cares about playing as a Pokéball symbol; they want to play as Mewtwo dang it!!! We play as characters guys, NOT FRANCHISES!!!!

We as smashers want to play as the best characters regardless of franchise, fanboys of said franchise aside. The reason we want to play as say Ridley is not because he's from Metroid, but because he is a part of some great moments in Metroid, he's in some awesome fights, he's got great moves and moveset potential, he's super unique, and he would just be a killer character to play as.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well actually Palutena does have a good chance if you consider the "chain-of-events" I posted somewhere. I just hope she does get in. D:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Young Link was from Majora's Mask while Adult Link was from OOT specifically(but really repped Zelda II and Zelda I the most). They rep different games. So yes, it was a second rep. Same with ZSS. They're different characters. Zelda repped the general character while Sheik repped OOT a second time.
Young Link is the same one from OOT, so he can't be considered another rep for the series itself.

I see your point on Shiek though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Up Until now was a thing.

What the **** man
Sakurai = legendary troll.

Anyone who totally buys into his generic and non-specific statements from Brawl on should be dubbed an idiot for life.

Every little generic statement everyone just jumps on. He said "all characters won't return." Some people were like "well, there goes Jigglypuff." I saw it, and I was like, "nah, Pichu was cut again." :troll: (Remember, he didn't mention Brawl specifically)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Young Link is the same one from OOT, so he can't be considered another rep for the series itself.

I see your point on Shiek though.

Of course it can be considered that. He's specifically repping MM, not OOT. Entirely different games. He can't use the Arrows in OOT, after all. The only thing he has that doesn't make sense is the Up and Downthrusts.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The answer to the suspense is to read the manga. The anime is unusually slow considering there's plenty of manga material to work with. The anime is currently planned to have at least 25 or 26 episodes, but it will likely get more.
You don't know how tempting this option is for me. I love watching the anime, I love the action and the animation. I really don't want to spoil it.
Is the manga still going on or has the story already been wrapped up?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well actually Palutena does have a good chance if you consider the "chain-of-events" I posted somewhere. I just hope she does get in. D:
From day one of the Kid Icarus announcement (where some people though her AND Medusa were shoe-ins) I never though Palutena had that good of a shot, actually.

I think it's more likely we don't get here than get her by a considerable amount.

I'm not denying that she has decent or legitimate shot, but I think her "chances" and "odds" (whatever those are) have been overrated from day one.

She just doesn't have that kind of uniqueness to her that we have with the 3 newcomers revealed already, or the "can't miss" status of say K. Rool or Mewtwo... at least in my opinion/observations. Even amongst most of her fans, I find that she tends to lack that whole "hype" feel for her as a playable character, versus just her or her being this imaginary "rep" theory we have with characters (and their franchises).

Heck, most of the "high chances" people say Palutena has is merely to be a "second rep" (again, an imaginary concept) for Kid Icarus, because apparently there should be more Kid Icarus characters (by hey, at least Sakurai fixed the first one after it was terribly designed in Brawl).

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i will only read manga of anything if there is a filler episode... if the anime has awesome music and epic animation and character design, i will outright refuse to read the manga... i haven't watched one piece and naruto in a long time cause i've been reading it when they entered their fillers.
is there anything from PSASBR that was good that smash hasn't done that smash should do?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Of course it can be considered that. He's specifically repping MM, not OOT. Entirely different games. He can't use the Arrows in OOT, after all. The only thing he has that doesn't make sense is the Up and Downthrusts.
It's still the same Link from OOT, just a bit older. Melee's Link may have meant to represent the character Link as a whole, but since Young Link is a part of one of those Links, it's techincally only 1 rep. I think the same applies to Shiek. I consider the series in Melee to only have 3 true reps.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You don't know how tempting this option is for me. I love watching the anime, I love the action and the animation. I really don't want to spoil it.
Is the manga still going on or has the story already been wrapped up?
No, it's still on going. Part of me is suspecting that they'll stop for a while with their planned 25 or 26 episodes and then finish the rest of it when the manga finishes. Unfortunately, the manga suffers pacing issues at times, especially recently where a whole lot of "nothing" happened.

If you want to join in on the memes, read the manga.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
LOL!

Side Note: I'm assuming based off of your avi that you have been keeping up with the anime?
If you have can you tell me if the season is over? I checked wikipedia and not it's saying there is 13.5? :confused:
You see, I stopped watching around episode 8, because I want to be able to watch the rest of the season in one swoop. ( I hate the suspense and cliffhangers :glare: )
Kuma sums it up here. At current, there's only thirteen episodes of the anime. I'm assuming the reason why they're slowing things down is because the studio doesn't want to outpace the manga, which would be a bad thing because saturating the series with a bunch of non-canonical filler content sometimes compromises the integrity of the work. This happened with the anime adaptations of Kenshin and Bleach, just as an example.

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I heard people liked the mash-up of two franchises in one stage and the ability to turn off stage interactions.
The first point (two franchise mash up stages) is stupid, and really hurt the stages in that game. Instead of them being experiences of each franchise via a stage, it became some sort of filtered down confused stage. Think of it like mixing coffee ale and water; it just tastes worse together, and better alone. That should always be the case, sans franchises that are in some way legitimately connected.

As for the stage hazards on/off switch, that is literally the opposite of the franchise mash-up stages; there is nothing bad about it, and there is no reason it shouldn't be in smash bros. Even before I was a competitive player, I felt that should have been in smash from the get-go. I feel no stage hazards would definitely make some stages much better, specifically both Flat Zones, Peach's Castle (Melee), and Onett (even though I still heart that stage).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not only that, but how the heck are you going to do filler for a show like Attack on Titan? Do you include sidestories from their past and hope it doesn't conflict with later material?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah I ca do without the filler
Jeez...I hope Korra comes back on to tame this urge. I'm really trying hard not to cave into the manga.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
(In case you didn't catch my edit, Kuma)

@ Kuma: Pacing issues are the LEAST of the manga's problems right now, and you know exactly what I mean when I say that.

"Eren, so and so and I are the ______"

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm assuming the reason why they're slowing things down is because the studio doesn't want to outpace the manga, which would be a bad thing because saturating the series with a bunch of non-canonical filler content sometimes compromises the integrity of the work. This happened with the anime adaptations of Kenshin and Bleach, just as an example.
Not a fan of the series, but...

...Naruto, Naruto, Naruto.

That show has got about as much filler as... well... Baywatch.

The Garlic Jr. saga in DBZ was created because of that, and it was trash. But hey, at least we got some cool US version tunes, specifically Garlic Jr's theme.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Not a fan of the series, but...

...Naruto, Naruto, Naruto.

That show has got about as much filler as... well... Baywatch.

The Garlic Jr. saga in DBZ was created because of that, and it was trash. But hey, at least we got some cool US version tunes, specifically Garlic Jr's theme.
Naruto didn't suffer from its filler, though. For some odd reason those lame-o side-stories and hackneyed characters were endearing to the fanbase over in Japan.

Smooth Criminal

CalumG

Smash Lord
Gonna throw the suggestion of this guy out there once again:

He had a bit of small-scale support in the pre-Brawl era but I've seen nothing of the sort recently... where's the love for Ryota Hayami? Not that I consider him a likely choice in any way (hasn't had a game in 10 or so years), I just think his playstyle would be incredibly interesting - a kind of hybrid between Captain Falcon's playstyle, Squirtle/FLUDD's water element attacks, and Wario's ability to pull a vehicle twice his size out of thin air when it suits him. The only downside I can see to his character is that some people would not be entirely pleased with another "generic" human without any extraordinary powers, just like Wii Fit Trainer is percieved by people.

Aww heck who am I kidding, I mostly just want a Wave Race stage so they can put as much of the Wave Race 64 music as possible on it. This track needs to be in Smash 4 and if you think otherwise your opinion is wrong. :troll:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
wait... today's episode... is a recap filler?!!!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!!

****!
why are we talking about animu here? go... to the backroom and sign up for the BR exclusive game we're setting up with thirdkoopa as the host! talk about more smash bros mafia

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Aww heck who am I kidding, I mostly just want a Wave Race stage so they can put as much of the Wave Race 64 music as possible on it. This track needs to be in Smash 4 and if you think otherwise you're opinion is wrong. :troll:
I got a couple of Wave Race songs on my Project M! :shades:

Also, we need a new Wave Race already. That's just a matter of fact. We need to race those dang jet skis in full 1080p with all kinds of new stages and awesome new tricks. Heck, put speed boats on it too if possible, along with not just Dolphins you can ride on, but Whales, Sea Lions, Sharks, Kingdra's, and Miis. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom