• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind you that I put that in quotations as my choice of words considering that some treat Sakurai's words as the Bible.

Sell me products that are pointlessly expensive?

Exactly. But there are some things Apple does right, like with their OS. shares a lot of similar functions with windows, just named differently and presented with a more pleasant interface. THen again, i'm a sucker, and I will *random exploitative* to get a 5th Gen itouch.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I do! It's called "abstinence." :troll:

YOU MUST RECOVER! <--- There we go. Every time you quote Sakurai, you have to put it in bright red font---just like in the King James Bible!

Smooth Criminal
So... REAL MEN USE ITEMS!
In hindsight he may not have said that.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Yo Monk, explaining too much can be counter intuitive my ***. Think like Apple.
Point taken. But I'm looking for the people that care. I would use other methods to attempt to converse with those who don't care, the trouble comes when there are those who are half way. Half caring, only for their view and nothing more, and militant about it.
Quit pontificating. It's annoying as hell.
Smooth Criminal
Then don't look at muh posts, but something like 'inb4Monkblahblahblah' will most likely garner a response, you can scroll past it if you want. It's not like we're not in a contest or debate or anything.

Seriously, what has anyone got to lose? Nothing.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
110Weezing copy.png

I initially posted this a few days ago, but I thought it would get more replies if I posted this in the daytime.

---
I'm interested in seeing Wario. He was one of my favorite newcomers from Brawl.

Personally, I don't want any of his moves replaced, especially not his Wario Bike and Wario Waft.
He already has his signature shoulder tackle from the Wario Land games as a side smash... Maybe make it slide/charge Wario forward and give it a more unique property?

What would be interesting is if he had a rare gimmick -- the transformations from the Wario Land series.

For example, if he got hit with a fire attack, there'd be a very small (around 0.05) chance that he'd turn into flaming Wario and run around. He'd still be controllable, but he'd turn into a fireball after a few seconds and damage opponents he touches.

He could turn into Firey Wario, Frozen Wario, Shocked Wario, Puffy Wario, Spring Wario, or Flat Wario depending on what moves he was hit by.
They'd work just like in the games, but last a shorter time as not to disturb the fight too much. (Puffy Wario and Flat Wario would now eventually wear off by themselves, unlike in the games)

Like post broken image links?
EDIT: he fixed it.

---

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nah. She will be balanced.
Are we talking Wiimote "Balanced" or Wiimote Plus actually balanced=??? :troll:

Also, we need a Wii Fit Trainer smile on SmashBoards. :shades:
So... REAL MEN USE ITEMS!
In hindsight he may not have said that.
Nate Bigeldorf (the head Nintendo of American translator) wrote that, specifically to be chummy with Smash fans (on Smash Boards). I thought it was awesome.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This is nowhere near purple prose. I am attempting to convey my knowledge in full, to explain the gravity of the semantics and language with precision requires, unfortunately, many words, lest, again, I be misinterpreted.
This is a roadblock in the modern scholastic field, exactly what you have suggested, and I intend to surpass it, you seem content to stay behind it, and furthermore debase those who seek to go beyond it. It is necessary, every single nuance and secondary example, every third degree of relation, otherwise the whole picture crumbles from one point or another. My standards will hold the house under an assault, some may say those are antlers I'm mounting on the wall for decorating, no, I say, it may explain to some who do not understand in one way what can be said in another. I use antlers in ALL of my decorating. But behind that, it is an excuse to reinforce the hole that was punched through by a cynic or pseudo-intellectual who seeks to, rather than offer me a better home, destroy the house. It is by mutual agreement that we come to know the truth, by love. Offer me a better home if you prefer me to act another way. If it's annoying, simply walk away.
He's not debasing anyone that wants to achieve higher learning, Monk. None of us are. You're just being horrendously pretentious and dogmatic. Not to mention you are also, at times, melodramatic. (Feeling "disenfranchised" because an internet community was being disagreeable? Get over it.)

Also, what the **** does the scholastic field and the sorry state of the educational system have anything to do with how you comport yourself to others? Stop deflecting. This isn't about that, this is about YOU and how you interact with others on a day to day basis.

Smooth Criminal

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Aren't journalists supposed to avoid overly wordy writing, though? It sort of goes against the inverted pyramid style to do otherwise, since it makes it harder for the reader to find the information they need.
My uncle is nowhere near as flowery as Monk. The closest he gets is when he sends us cards for birthdays and holidays and he's gotten better about it. He's usually commenting on how much we've grown, being proud of us, etc.

But I meant flowery in the sense that the article is compelling to read. One thing you should know by now is that I'm very figurative with my language and that I may use words in an extreme definition as opposed to its more commonly broad usage.
Nah. She will be balanced.
Even then, that doesn't mean she won't be S tier. Though she honestly seems like a very fundamentals heavy character. If she is actually S tier, then that means that the game's combat is probably very well balanced.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, but it being true makes it true. I kind of just want him in now so everyone can shut up. Kind of.
What is overrated about a threatening villain like Ridley with all the potential he has=??? We have Charizard sure, but he isn't vicious. Ridley is, and he's a freaking psychopath and a genius at the same time. I don't know about you, but that's a pretty awesome combination, especially with his bloody awesome frame.

Also, his rivalry with Samus IMO is the best continual rivalry in all of Nintendo games. There's so much heat to it.

Coming from IMO the best Nintendo franchise doesn't hurt, either. Metroid IMO is the one Nintendo franchise that has quality. Its' worse game is what=??? Other M or Metroid II=??? There are quite a few (canon) Mario and Zelda games worse than that.

Plus it would be nice to finally have either the first or one of the first Nintendo playable characters that isn't all cute and fuzzy. We need some cast diversity.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What is overrated about a threatening villain like Ridley with all the potential he has=???
He's always seemed lame to me.
Oh look a purple dragon antagonist whoop-de-doo. He interests me about as much as Waluigi.

And I'm fully expecting to get lashed out at by a bunch of Ridley fans. But I don't judge people for liking Ridley. To each their own.
If I get yelled at for this it just means I'm the better man. kekekeke

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Saying it doesn't make it true.

Of course Palutena can be unique; the question is how does her potential uniqueness stack up against all of the previously playable characters plus the highly considered potential newcomers. If she can't past the test, to hang with the best, she'll be out of the game like all of the rest.

Meta Knight wasn't nearly as bad as Smash 64 Pikachu. Also, that can easily happen again. But seeing as how Sakurai is open to patches for balancing, I wouldn't worry too much (long-term) about balancing. Besides that if it is real bad, we can always ban a character, or have a community mod for either/both game(s).

As for Bowser, I doubt he'd be that problem (as broken as Meta Knight). If anything he'll be a mid-tier or mid-low tier character. I strongly doubt Bowser will ever be a great character unless he gets an actually decent recovery and more legitimate offensive options.

I just don't like him...

Let's see... She'd be the first character in Smash to wield a staff, rod thing if she was playable... Check her boss battle for projectiles, especially that slow one that shoots projectiles. She'd likely be in the middleweight if not low-high which is a rare thing among female characters, save for regular Samus. And I'm sure there's many other things that Palutena would be able to provide.

Hope they actually ban the super OP'd character if there's any this time rather than let em be used *is back to hating MK again*.

I don't mean Bowser. I meant any character to be in the state of MK status back then. But Bowser does need to be buffed.

I hate the feeling you really do hate me Ismar... :(

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
He's not debasing anyone that wants to achieve higher learning, Monk. None of us are. You're just being horrendously pretentious and dogmatic. Not to mention you are also, at times, melodramatic. (Feeling disenfranchised because a localized internet community was being disagreeable with what you were saying? Get over it.)
Also, what the **** does the scholastic field and the sorry state of the educational system have anything to do with how you comport yourself to others? Stop deflecting. This isn't about that, this is about YOU and how you interact with others on a day to day basis. Smooth Criminal
I mean scholastics as a system of discussion, not our stupid educational system.
And wait what? I never meant to say that Kuma or anyone was trying to debase me or anyone.
I'm sorry that I annoy you, but that disenfranchise thing, I can tell you now, was nowhere near as serious as you seem to have taken it. I'm back. I did get over it, I guess, if there was anything in the first place. I don't even remember why I was gonna quit. People were being mean to each other, now that I remember, I don't recall it being about anything like this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Have everyone noticed that all the confirmed newcomers so far falls into the Uncanny Valley? Wii Fit Trainer is a creepy and unnatural human with porcelain white skin. Mega Man has jerky and choppy animations that emphasize his robot-ness and has an emotionless facial expression. Villager has a constant cheery smile on his face and eyes that stare into your soul. *shudders* Then again, name one fighter that doesn't have the Uncanny Valley!

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Plus it would be nice to finally have either the first or one of the first Nintendo playable characters that isn't all cute and fuzzy. We need some cast diversity.
Link, Samus/Zamus, Fox, Marth, Zelda/Sheik, Meta Knight, Falco, Ike, SNAKE, Ganondorf, Wolf, Lucario, Bowser, Wario, Captain Falcon, Roy and Mewtwo say hi.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hate the feeling you really do hate me Ismar... :(
Let's bring some attention to this for a moment. I've always had issues with secretly feeling like forumgoers hate me too.
I know you may be joking, but it's uncomfortable, I know.

But this is the internet. The only people who hate other people who they know purely on the internet are idiots. If someone is bothering you disregard it. No shame in that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
None of them fall into the Uncanny Valley. Unsettling, perhaps, but they don't meet the requirement of being freakishly lifelike with certain aspects of their designs. Villager and Megaman are more than cartoony enough to avoid this. The only unnatural things with Miss Fit is her porcelain white skinny, semi-clear eyes, and arguably her tone of voice (we'll find out more on her though). However, because she was not made with an incredibly realistic art style, this comes off more as just different.

If you want Uncanny Valley, look at Heavy Rain.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just don't like him...
That doesn't mean he is overrated.
Let's see... She'd be the first character in Smash to wield a staff, rod thing if she was playable...
I don't mean this to sound condescending, but how does that differentiate her from sword-users=??? Does her staff/rod thing work differently=???

I don't know much about Palutena outside of the original Kid Icarus. I haven't seen much of her in Uprising, so I would like to know more about her staff/rod thing and how it would/could potentially work in smash bros.
Check her boss battle for projectiles, especially that slow one that shoots projectiles. She'd likely be in the middleweight if not low-high which is a rare thing among female characters, save for regular Samus. And I'm sure there's many other things that Palutena would be able to provide.
Okay, that sounds nice, but what other things would she provide=??? Feed me more info.
Hope they actually ban the super OP'd character if there's any this time rather than let em be used *is back to hating MK again*.
I think we just need more tournament diversity. You know, more high/mid/low/bottom tier tournaments, more unique stage playable lists (sadly, Brawl had too many "bad" stages, as did Melee kinda sorta), and of course crazy match ups and whatnot for teams (which is always super underrated in competitive and casual smash).
I don't mean Bowser. I meant any character to be in the state of MK status back then. But Bowser does need to be buffed.
Well I think there's a chance it could happen, but in all likelihood the best character will be more closer to Melee Fox (the undisputed best, but not super broken) than Meta Knight (broken in most regardless), although it will probably be in the middle of the two. Still, patches can fix that, and Sakurai is open to patches, so yehhhh! :)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My beef has been strung up like spaghetti. Now that I got THAT out of my system...

(Moon Monkey, of all the people in this thread, you better ****ing know what song I took that first sentence from.)

I likes ya, Monk. And I want you to know that. You seem like a nice and extremely bright kid. *shrugs.* Your disposition sucks sometimes, is all.

Edit: Talk about a turn for the weird...

A galpal of mine actually wrote an interesting essay (well, it's actually more of a long-winded thesis statement) on the correlation between autism and the Uncanny Valley.

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh look a purple dragon antagonist whoop-de-doo. He interests me about as much as Waluigi.

And I'm fully expecting to get lashed out at by a bunch of Ridley fans. But I don't judge people for liking Ridley. To each their own.
Perception does not equal reality. It comes across like you are judging him without knowing much about him. I mean, I'm not crazy for Palutena in smash (I wouldn't necessarily oppose her if the roster is close to what I think it will be), but I want to know more about her so my opinion is more accurate. It sounds like you are blocking off other peoples' opinions, which quite frankly limits your reality. Maybe my analysis is wrong, but I felt it needed to be said.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Her staff isn't really a physical weapon. Think of a wizard's staff. If you're looking for staff users like Kilik for Smash, think Bandana Dee and Krystal. Palutena and Medusa are more magical, less physical.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It sounds like you are blocking off other peoples' opinions, which quite frankly limits your reality. Maybe my analysis is wrong, but I felt it needed to be said.
EXCUSE ME SIR.
I make it a point to accept everyone's opinions. True, I irrationally dislike Ridley. I even admitted it albeit in a playful way.
MANY people irrationally dislike things. Mine just happens to be a character I think is ugly. But that's not even the reason I don't like him. He just doesn't appeal to me. At all. I learn more and more about him every day from hearing his fans droll on about him. It won't change the fact I don't like him.

Whoops!

My reality is limited my ass.

That's not to say I don't think he has a good chance.
In fact, it's quite the contrary. I think he has a decent chance of being in.
I just don't like it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm Catwoman.

People are allowed to not like Ridley.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Comparing Ridley to Waluigi? Why, that's completely...

WHOA OH MY GOD WHAT'S THAT?
WaRidley.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom