• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
My reaction to yesterday's news:

New Zelda in development.

Mario Kart 8 in development.

Super Smash Bros. 4 at E3.

3D Mario in development.

A Kirby's Epic Yarn mod with Yoshi as a playable character.

Another crossover that makes no sense like Pokemon Conquest or Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright except with Fire Emblem and some game series I have never heard of until now.

We will have to pay $59.99 for a remake of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker with an art style that just doesn't fit as opposed to a $5.99 VC with the graphics intact.

Earthbound 1 VC in JAPAN.

Wii U VC includes GBA.
Pikmin 3 camera mode.
New Wonderful 101 trailer.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Like the FORTY-NINERS, I GO HARD IN THE FOURTH QUARTER!!!! :awesome:

Resting easy is for the weak! Going hard all day and night long is MANLY!!! :grin:
Your analogies would make so much more sense to me if I was American. :smirk:
Now If you excuse me imma go hibernate till E3.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Considering I never actually liked the art style of Wind Waker that much, the original reason I didn't play the game until WAY later, I don't mind an HD remake with a different art style. I don't feel it's too different, personally.

Only games where I liked Cell Shading was the Dragon Quest and Dragon Ball Z titles anyway

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm going to be shocked if they can actually FIT all this news into E3.

Seriously. You know they're going to spend at least 5 minutes talking about Mario 3D Wii U (Which I won't blame them for, especially if it's like Galaxy 1 or 2 in quality. YES!)

However, if they actually reveal Retro's new project, and it's a new DKC game (Which BETTER have Kremlings this time...), I'll probably **** my pants. And this is BEFORE the Smash announcement.

Still, it seems like a tall order. Let's recap!

Mario 3D
MK 8
Yoshi Wii U
Smash 4
Possibly SMT X FE
Possibly Zelda Wii U

This, plus needing to talk about 3DS titles. Did I miss anything?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, it might be tough to give them all the attention they deserve come E3, which is why they'll probably have a few separate conferences in addition to the main one, and perhaps a Direct beforehand, like last year.

The Brawl trailer wasn't revealed until the last, more private conference (not the main one) in 06, I wonder if it'll be like that again this time...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I doubt that Yoshi title is going to be as good as a Yoshi's island game.

It looks like a beginner game to me, from the very little they've shown of the level.

It looks A LOT like Kirby's Epic Yarn, which I didn't really enjoy.

Actually, it looks a lot like Yoshi's Story

without fruit collection. Although there could be a UI that was just not shown in the preview.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

It looks like a beginner game to me, from the very little they've shown of the level.

It looks A LOT like Kirby's Epic Yarn, which I didn't really enjoy.

Actually, it looks a lot like Yoshi's Story

without fruit collection. Although there could be a UI that was just not shown in the preview.
As posted elsewhere:

The fact that Takashi Tezuka is really involved (supervisor) should give you hope that this title will be better. Besides, I have a feeling the final game will be more reflective of what we see in the screenshots rather than the video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takashi_Tezuka

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Yeah, one level being easy means the whole game will be easy. Makes sense.

Yoshi's Island didn't get hard until after the 3rd world. For all we know, Yoshi Yarn could get, like, romhack hard towards the end.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Your analogies would make so much more sense to me if I was American. :smirk:
Now If you excuse me imma go hibernate till E3.
To put it in your football terms, we dominate like Spain's national team, except bigger, buffer, and more physically intimidating! :laugh:
The Brawl trailer wasn't revealed until the last, more private conference (not the main one) in 06, I wonder if it'll be like that again this time...
It was the nighttime after party meeting of the first day. People crapped their pants at that; they thought Nintendo had officially bailed on Smash at that E3.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194811

Sakurai explains via twitter why no info/screens until E3 and he plans to show off BOTH the Wii U & 3DS games at E3.
Yep, and both games are gonna be EXTREMELY WORTH OF THE EXTREME HYPE!!! :bee:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
When they actually show Sm4sh at E3, I'm curious if they are going to show both games in a single trailer or are they each going to have their own trailer? (then again, it might really depend on how big the differences are between the two games).:phone:

:phone:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^

Trailer trailer trailer! I'm so hype I can't even stand! And we don't even know anything yet!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it might be tough to give them all the attention they deserve come E3, which is why they'll probably have a few separate conferences in addition to the main one, and perhaps a Direct beforehand, like last year.

Well, seeing as IGN and Machinima won't shut up about the PS4 rumors, it's possible Sony may still have a little fight left in them, which means we'll be seeing 2 new consoles showcased at E3, and possibly some exclusive titles/3rd party support. Meaning Nintendo's gonna have to put out as much as it can for this E3 to really stand out and stay ahead of the competitors, especially considering how fickle the mainstream market is.

I think it's likely they'll continue to reveal info through directs, as they've been praised for it, and it's a great way of addressing their fans directly, showing they care about them. Also, it keeps them unpredictable and thus keeps journalists on their toes which creates hype. Truly a wise marketing strategy.

As far as games go, if WW has no new content (the cut dungeons) I'm gonna pass on it, I love the game, but the GCN version has aged too well to merit a remake without new content.

I'm still waiting for my Majora's Mask 3DS personally.

I'm hyped for the SMT X Fire Emblem, and the new Monolith Soft game though.

To put it in your football terms, we dominate like Spain's national team, except bigger, buffer, and more physically intimidating! :laugh:
Maybe it's just me and my perverted mind, but I caught a hint of innuendo in that last post of yours. Hahaha.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Maybe it's just me and my perverted mind, but I caught a hint of innuendo in that last post of yours. Hahaha.
What intimidates you more, skinny guys who kick a ball or buff, strong, angry men who physically collide with other men with the intent to hurt them=??? I say that as a soccer fan.
I can't believe some people in those comments think Smash WiiU AND Smash 3DS will be out by next Christmas. :facepalm: What a bunch of inbred idiots... :urg:
When they actually show Sm4sh at E3, I'm curious if they are going to show both games in a single trailer or are they each going to have their own trailer? (then again, it might really depend on how big the differences are between the two games).
I think we will probably get a trailer of both games; maybe we'll get footage of stuff that is exclusive to each game. Likely the focus of said debut trailer(s) will the characters, the gameplay, the changes, the technological advancements in these games from Brawl, and how these two games will interact with one another, and how different they are.

D

Deleted member

What intimidates you more, skinny guys who kick a ball or buff, strong, angry men who physically collide with other men with the intent to hurt them=??? I say that as a soccer fan.
Haha, no I meant the "we go in hard" I was honestly thinking to myself "is there any other way to go in."

Hehehehe.

Jokes aside. In regard to football I personally dislike both of them. For one, I'd rather play sports than watch them. 2nd I'm more of a Martial Arts guy myself.

I used to like European Football till I moved to Spain and came across some of the most obnoxious sports fans I've ever met. Not to mebtion Soccer Stars are overpaid and during recession, it's rather jarring. Especially when you see them abuse the penalty system by constantly falling over abd crying. In that regard I prefer the more manly demeanor of American Football and Rugby. I just wish the former didn't have so many pauses.

I think that if I had to choose a favorite among popular sports I'd pick Boxing and Baseball.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Athletes have a very strong and competitive demand from people or companies who can pay them their overcompensating salaries. The supply and demand model for athletic profession is the ultimate bottleneck effect.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Depends what kind of balls they kick I guess

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Haha, no I meant the "we go in hard" I was honestly thinking to myself "is there any other way to go in."

Hehehehe.

Jokes aside. In regard to football I personally dislike both of them. For one, I'd rather play sports than watch them. 2nd I'm more of a Martial Arts guy myself.

I used to like European Football till I moved to Spain and came across some of the most obnoxious sports fans I've ever met. Not to mebtion Soccer Stars are overpaid and during recession, it's rather jarring. Especially when you see them abuse the penalty system by constantly falling over abd crying. In that regard I prefer the more manly demeanor of American Football and Rugby. I just wish the former didn't have so many pauses.

I think that if I had to choose a favorite among popular sports I'd pick Boxing and Baseball.

Holy crap, another Hispanic that dislikes not just American football, but soccer! Seriously, we must be like distant relatives or something.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I was never a fan of Football to begin with.
Seriously, why watch a 90 minute game where half the time its gonna be a 0-0 game?

D

Deleted member

Holy crap, another Hispanic that dislikes not just American football, but soccer! Seriously, we must be like distant relatives or something.
Hahaha, looks like my dad's got some 'splainin to do.

NFL football is too slow and boring for my taste; love soccer though.
Meh, my problem isn't with the sport itself, it's with the fanbase. I used to live in the Redneck Riviera back when I lived in The States, so you can imagine the sort of people I came across.

I'm just not passionate about teams sports really, and some of the hilarious hypocrisy you see here in Spain is ridiculous.

You have the Seperatists: Basque Country and Catalunia, who want to cede from the country under the grounds that they're a different culture from Spain, and they deserve to be independent. Oh, but don't let the Spanish Football team win a match in the Euro/World Cup, because then they put on their Red Spanish Jersey and take to the streets to celebrate while chanting "Viva Espa~a!!"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hahaha, looks like my dad's got some 'splainin to do.
Either that or you're a relative from generations back lol. Like you, I'd rather play the sport myself than watch it, but I don't care for sports in general.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
You have the Seperatists: Basque Country and Catalunia, who want to cede from the country under the grounds that they're a different culture from Spain, and they deserve to be independent. Oh, but don't let the Spanish Football team win a match in the Euro/World Cup, because then they put on their Red Spanish Jersey and take to the streets to celebrate while chanting "Viva Espa~a!!"
I have a separatist friend. He says that many see the team as an analogy saying that Spain's success comes from hanging on to the Catalan people since 8 of the starters on the national team are Catalan and two more non-Catalan Spaniards (Villa and Pedro) play for Barcelona; it's a strong statement in a way.

Besides, they're an autonomous region; only a frail economy and the red shirt links them to Spain when you really get down to it.

D

Deleted member

I have a separatist friend. He says that many see the team as an analogy saying that Spain's success comes from hanging on to the Catalan people since 8 of the starters on the national team are Catalan and two more non-Catalan Spaniards (Villa and Pedro) play for Barcelona; it's a strong statement in a way.

Besides, they're an autonomous region; only a frail economy and the red shirt links them to Spain when you really get down to it.
Well sort of, as they're also part of the EU, and if they go solo they're not likely to get accepted into the union, and according to people here Catalonia is in serious debt and demands a lot of support from the Capital. In fact they're the region that receives the most from the country.

To me the whole thing seems absurd as we're headed toward global unity, I feel nationalism is a relic of the past and should remain that way. I think separation will only hurt BOTH economies and EU and by default the rest of the world even move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom