• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They'll only do that if they want to deal with all the legal issues (mainly music related), which they've shown no interest in doing since they hate us all, or something.
I know, I didn't think it'd be likely or anything, but they have tweaked and made minor changes to VC games before, so I thought it'd be worth a shot to ask.
(It also would've been a great way to promote the new VC)

Ah well, looks like (like usual) the Mother stuff has no baring on anybody outside Japan. :urg:

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I know, I didn't think it'd be likely or anything, but they have tweaked and made minor changes to VC games before, so I thought it'd be worth a shot to ask.
(It also would've been a great way to promote the new VC)

Ah well, looks like (like usual) the Mother stuff has no baring on anybody outside Japan. :urg:
Apparently it's also partly because since Itoi is such a notable figure in Japanese culture (he's a Journalist/Copywriter/Novelist/Voice Actor/Video Game Designer/Cultural Commenter/Whatever) that they feel like it'd be doing him a disrespect if they were to make major changes and/or the fact he has that much cache means he personally is able to make it so no major changes are made.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think it's probably safe to say we know Nintendo's Wii U E3 lineup now.

Bayonetta 2
Yoshi's Yarn
Donkey Kong or Metroid.
Wii Party U
Wii Fit U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Retro's secret project*
Mario Kart U*
X
Super Mario U*
Super Smash Bros 4.*

*marque titles

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh wow, Smash Bros. information? Or rather Smash Bros. information on when we'll get Smash Bros. information. Exciting to hear despite pretty much everyone nigh expecting a Smash Brothers appearance at the next E3. Looking forward to finding out Ghirahim being confirmed. :awesome:

Ahem, anyways, the Monolith game looks AMAZING, but Starphoenix, I've heard somewhere that it is not a Xenoblade sequel, despite it looking as if it is. Regardless, that footage left me speechless...

Loving a new Yoshi game, and it seems I'm the only one afraid that it's a YARN Yoshi game, considering how I found the Kirby Yarn game to be a little lackluster. It helps that part of my hatred for it was Kirby losing his very definition in that game (copying and such) so a lot of it is avoided, but now I'm afraid this is another "impossible to die" and likely stupidly easy game. I'm aware Nintendo games tend to be easy, but I mean easy even relative to that. Hopefully my fears are incorrect, I really loved the SNES Yoshi game.

All of the rest of it sounds interesting, except for Wind Waker HD since I have no interesting in owner another copy of it despite any slight upgrades to it (and as Iwata said, it is more of a tool to introduce Zelda to people). Mario Wii U for E3, hype, new approaches to Zelda, hype (to me that's hype at least).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Also could be at E3:

The Legend of Zelda U*
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (or is that what X is?)
The Wonderful 101
Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

*marque titles

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ahem, anyways, the Monolith game looks AMAZING, but Starphoenix, I've heard somewhere that it is not a Xenoblade sequel, despite it looking as if it is. Regardless, that footage left me speechless...
They had Shulk basically showing his mug at the end. It may not be a sequel in the same sense as Super Mario Galaxy 2, but it's going to tie into the world of Xenoblade someway. Spiritual successor, same universe, whatever you want to label it.

I've already stated my theory about the game's world.

Loving a new Yoshi game, and it seems I'm the only one afraid that it's a YARN Yoshi game, considering how I found the Kirby Yarn game to be a little lackluster. It helps that part of my hatred for it was Kirby losing his very definition in that game (copying and such) so a lot of it is avoided, but now I'm afraid this is another "impossible to die" and likely stupidly easy game. I'm aware Nintendo games tend to be easy, but I mean easy even relative to that. Hopefully my fears are incorrect, I really loved the SNES Yoshi game.
Since KEY, I always felt that the yarn style would be more fitting for a Yoshi game. Personally I'm ok with the style as long as they up the challenge. Just because the color is bright and cheery does not mean you need to forego difficulty.

All of the rest of it sounds interesting, except for Wind Waker HD since I have no interesting in owner another copy of it despite any slight upgrades to it (and as Iwata said, it is more of a tool to introduce Zelda to people). Mario Wii U for E3, hype, new approaches to Zelda, hype (to me that's hype at least).
I've never played Wind Waker, so this works out for me!

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Also could be at E3:

The Legend of Zelda U*
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (or is that what X is?)
The Wonderful 101
Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

*marque titles
Alright I will fix that

E3 2013
Yoshi's Yarn
Mario 3D Wii U
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Mario Kart Wii U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
X - Monolith Software's Wii U game

Pokemon X and Y
Super Smash Bros Wii 3DS

Maybe
Legend of Zelda Wii U Project - They might just give away a logo or concept art
Retro's game
Bayonetta 2
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem - If they are ready to reveal. I think it is in early stage of development
Wii Fit U, 101 Wonderful and Pikmin 3 - if they didn't release those game before June

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One of my main concerns for the Yoshi game is if the music is going to be reminiscent of Kirby's Epic Yarn? For the love of all that is good, please Nintendo, no. Unless I get my happy jungle music, I won't be satisfied. This might seem tepid to the rest of you, but trust me, Yoshi's music is part of the charm of his games.

http://youtu.be/yip7qKWx9_s
http://youtu.be/5VVw60uFh5k

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Since KEY, I always felt that the yarn style would be more fitting for a Yoshi game. Personally I'm ok with the style as long as they up the challenge. Just because the color is bright and cheery does not mean you need to forego difficulty.
That's not what I'm saying, I am simply afraid that it will share the Yarn Kirby game's difficulty. It won't necessarily be like that of course, which is why I am hopeful. And the Yarn style does indeed fit better in terms of aesthetics and gameplay mechanics.

It is very excellent except for the Tingle part that has prevented me from wanting to go back and finish it, though I suppose that section isn't all that bad.

As for X, yeah I guess, I am just recalling something said by someone that I can't properly remember. :laugh: But damn, giant beautiful mechs flying across expansive HD worlds with massive dinosaurs... absolutely insane! A must buy, plain and simple.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's not what I'm saying, I am simply afraid that it will share the Yarn Kirby game's difficulty. It won't necessarily be like that of course, which is why I am hopeful. And the Yarn style does indeed fit better in terms of aesthetics and gameplay mechanics.
I get you. I've been hearing people complain about the art style, so forgive me if I'm a little quick on the assumptions. You're right about the difficulty.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Save for the Tingle part, you don't know what you're missing. Here's to hoping they streamline that aspect of the game, namely no Rupee grinding.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I actually kind of like the yarn style. And I'm glad I am not the only one who didn't enjoy that part of Wind Waker. :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

This screenshot in particular makes me think we are getting Yoshi's Story meets Epic Yarn.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I loved the Tingle part. Lol
E3 lineups eh?
Mario Wii U playable demo.
Mario Kart Wii U playable demo.
Yoshi's Yarn playable demo.
Pokemon X and Y playable demo.
Retro's Donkey Kong or Metroid probably a playable demo.
Xenosh¡t playable demo.
More info on SMTxFE, probably pics and info is all.
Smash bros. trailer.
Legend of Zelda Wii U concept art or logo or something.
Bayonetta 2 some ****.
The Wonderful 101 playable demo.

I think I covered everything....

:phone:

Rocky505

Smash Rookie
I highly doubt there will be a Pokemon X and Y demo. Pokemon usually never happens at E3. The only time I can remember Pokemon at E3 was for a spin off game, XD Gale of Darkness.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I highly doubt there will be a Pokemon X and Y demo. Pokemon usually never happens at E3. The only time I can remember Pokemon at E3 was for a spin off game, XD Gale of Darkness.

But they're reeasing in October. If my logic is correct, Microsoft and Sony are on the verge of new consoles. And Nintendo released theirs ahead of the game. Therefore at E3 while other company's are showcasing new consoles, Nintendo will put together a dy-no-mite line up of games that will be needed to keep a good amount of focus on them.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I loved the Tingle part. Lol
E3 lineups eh?
Mario Wii U playable demo.
Mario Kart Wii U playable demo.
Yoshi's Yarn playable demo.
Pokemon X and Y playable demo.
Retro's Donkey Kong or Metroid probably a playable demo.
Xenosh¡t playable demo.
More info on SMTxFE, probably pics and info is all.
Smash bros. trailer.
Legend of Zelda Wii U concept art or logo or something.
Bayonetta 2 some ****.
The Wonderful 101 playable demo.

I think I covered everything....

I think they will cover third party and new games for 3DS.

D

Deleted member

So... Smash 4 has been confirmed to be shown at E3 2013, you can rest easy now guys.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since Smash is hitting E3 next, I think it's safe to say that guy a while back who claimed to be a Namco worker "leaking" a couple characters is 100% fake (even though we got Yarn Yoshi, there's yet to be a character named "Debu" announced in the game).

TheCreator

Smash Lord
E3 2013.
Everyone is hyped as ****.
Finally, Smash Bros 4 will be shown. I can't wait.
Iwata: ARE YOU READY TO SEE SMASH BROS?
Crowd: YES!!!
Iwata: Okay, here's a picture of HD Kirby:

Iwata: [laughs]
Iwata: kthxbye :awesome:
I would be so overcome with emotions I would have to do absolutely nothing and wait longer for smash information.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
E3 2013.
Everyone is hyped as ****.
Finally, Smash Bros 4 will be shown. I can't wait.
Iwata: ARE YOU READY TO SEE SMASH BROS?
Crowd: YES!!!
Iwata: Okay, here's a picture of HD Kirby:

Iwata: [laughs]
Iwata: kthxbye :awesome:
[obligatory]
[/obligatory]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom