• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh wow, Nintendo in panic mode right now.

Iwata: "This time, the plan is a bit different from a regular Direct, in that I'll be talking about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing."
Whatever Monolith Soft is going to reveal, don't expect a sequel to Xenoblade. Just saying that so people don't become disappointed.

Granted it IS Monolith Soft, so expect similar quality at least.
I don't think anybody is seriously expecting Xenoblade 2. What I'm interested in is what a crashed UFO has to do with their next title.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why would Nintendo be in panic mode? They've never listened to the doomsday analysts before and I doubt they'll listen to it now. Nintendo doesn't wait for the big shows anymore, they use the Directs....
Panic mode is hyperbole, but the focus of this Nintendo Direct is obviously a response to the underwhelming start for the Wii U and the complaints of the base. Analysts don't conern Nintendo, but investors do. Nintendo's philosophy of late has been to only show what is ready to be shown, for them to be targeting developing software (if my definition and theirs are the same) is something a little peculiar given their tendencies as of late.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is probably a much needed Direct. Like it or not, people buy Nintendo platforms specifically for the first party games and it'll suffer if they don't show more stuff.

Combine this with Sakurai's twitter post about crunch time, I wonder...

:phone:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is probably a much needed Direct. Like it or not, people buy Nintendo platforms specifically for the first party games and it'll suffer if they don't show more stuff.

Combine this with Sakurai's twitter post about crunch time, I wonder...

Don't do it to yourself Kuma. Not yet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't worry, I'm just pointing out a possibility with evidence. I'm hoping that's the case, but I think it will be anything BUT Smash related.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To avoid disappointment, I'm just hoping for more Pikmin 3 news (even though we just got a new trailer last month).

As for Smash 4: Nope! It ain't happening.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Monolith Soft UFO: Just throwing this out there, but the first thing that comes to my mind is a remake of Mother 1 or 2. If you look closely you can see someone standing standing on the rocks as well.

Anyway I'll agree this is in direct response to the underwhelming state of the Wii U, was planning on picking one up soon (have $150 in gift cards to spend), so here's hoping to some interesting news tomorrow. "Crosses fingers for the first must buy Wii U title being announced."

EDIT: Looking at Monolith Soft poster again, I'm rather surprised but several of the Kanji on it are vocab on a test I have tomorrow. lol

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Sakurai makes a tweet about the Nintendo Direct, then I'll start dipping into my GIF collection, until then, not going there. Nope. I'm still riding with Bayonetta 2 and Yoshi Wii U right now. Given the tweet from Soraya Saga I'm also inclined to think Monolith Soft's new title could be featured as well.

Thank goodness I don't have class until noon tomorrow.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Don't worry, I'm just pointing out a possibility with evidence. I'm hoping that's the case, but I think it will be anything BUT Smash related.

Where? I don't see it.

@Monolith Soft UFO: Just throwing this out there, but the first thing that comes to my mind is a remake of Mother 1 or 2. If you look closely you can see someone standing standing on the rocks as well.

Anyway I'll agree this is in direct response to the underwhelming state of the Wii U, was planning on picking one up soon (have $150 in gift cards to spend), so here's hoping to some interesting news tomorrow. "Crosses fingers for the first must buy Wii U title being announced."

EDIT: Looking at Monolith Soft poster again, I'm rather surprised but several of the Kanji on it are vocab on a test I have tomorrow. lol
After I saw the picture, I kinda suspect that it might be Mother Remake that Iota have been teasing about.

Also Facebook are inviting people into Nintendo Direct, just like they did for E3 Nintendo Direct. Brace yourself, it gotta to be good one. For me, I gotta to keep my hype low because I will jump off the hype train before it wreck.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also Facebook are inviting people into Nintendo Direct, just like they did for E3 Nintendo Direct. Brace yourself, it gotta to be good one. For me, I gotta to keep my hype low because I will jump off the hype train before it wreck.
Normally I'm one to keep my expectations in check, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hyped right now. Nintendo's making a heavy concerted effort to have people check out the stream and know new Wii U titles are the subject. The only time Nintendo created a specific Facebook event page was last E3.

Nintendo's setting the bar right now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm just happy to know that this is at 8 AM. Plenty of time before my first class tomorrow. Just gotta get out of bed.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Unfortunately the direct is going to be at 7am for me, which is when I start work. If there is some sort of ****storm, don't be surprised if I miss it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
9 AM for me (which is a heck of a lot better than 6 AM that Pokémon Direct made me do) with nothing on my schedule. Can't wait!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's 8 AM for me. How long are these things usually? I have to leave for my first class just before 9, so I' worried I'll miss some/most of it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This site is claiming it'll be 30 minutes but I'm a little skeptical on that for some reason.
It's not rumored, it is confirmed it will be thirty minuted. Nicovideo already shows that.

Anyways, Monolith Soft's latest project being shown tomorrow just became a tad more likely.

This webpage lists "unannounced Monolith Soft game" in its "upcoming titles" section along with Bayonetta 2 and the Wonderful 101, implying that we're going to get new information about it very shortly. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/index.html
Checked it for myself. The only other title in that list without any information is Super Smash Bros.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well gang, here are my predictions. We'll see in the morning whether they come true. Forget sensibility.

• Bayonetta 2 trailer.
  • Wonderful 101 trailer.
  • Pikmin 3 trailer w/ release date.
  • Yoshi's Land Wii U reveal.
  • Announcement of Wii U Virtual Console service w/ Gamecube titles being added.
  • Earthbound will be available for the VC for the first time.
  • Monolith Soft's new title reveal.

D

Deleted member

Watch we get Smash news......

......Melee is going to be available for Wii U VC. :troll:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With the much longer than usual show and they made this an event on Facebook, Nintendo is REALLY making this Nintendo Direct sound E3-sized. I'm definitely on the hype train and preparing my soon to be dead wallet.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
If i live in louisiana, what time is the ND tomorrow?
I feel like such a dingus for not knowing my own timezone.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Guys, this ND is supposed to be different from all the others.

I don't think there will be fruit this time.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I really hope it's a Mother 1/2 remake for the Wii U, that UFO image really reminded me of this Mother 1/EarthBound Zero promotional poster

combined with the Mother 2 intro

Could Monolith Soft be working on Mother?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In my opinion, I think Nintendo is doing what myself and a lot of other people were wanting them to, drum up some support for the Wii U. The barren support for the Wii U has really done Nintendo a disservice with their core base, and with nothing to look forward to, a lot of questions have been raised. Having consumers questioning the value of your product does not instill confidence into stock holders, and with investor meetings on the horizon, believe me, Nintendo wants to respond, as they have. When you take into consideration the fact that much of E3 is going to be spent covering the inevitable Microsoft and Sony console reveals, Nintendo is going to be hard pressed to try and compete with that coverage. Now is the best time to reveal some titles. Sure, it may mean that Nintendo has less of a load come E3, but let's be real, most everyone is primarily waiting and wanting to see Super Smash Bros. If that is all Nintendo shows come E3, they'll make off well.

As hyped as I am, I'm still cognizant of the fact that Nintendo could always find a way to screw this up and underwhelm worse than the Houston Texans at a Patriots game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ugh, the Direct is a 6AM for me... :glare:
Well... if I do get up that early to hear Iwata's choppy mispronunciations, it better be worth it. ;):awesome:

If i live in louisiana, what time is the ND tomorrow?
I feel like such a dingus for not knowing my own timezone.
For you (and everyone in CST) it'll be at 8AM. For MST it's at 7AM, and for the unlucky people in PST it's at 6AM.

Could Monolith Soft be working on Mother?
I wish, but since Itoi said it won't be a "new" Mother, I'm guessing a company as important as Monolith wouldn't be relegated to making a remake, even if it's of all three.

If anybody was making the remake, my money would be on Brownie Brown.

D

Deleted member

What if it was a compilation game that combined the stories of all three? :troll:

D

Deleted member

No fruit?
Yoshi's Land Wii U Disconfirmed! :troll:
Same with a new DK title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom