• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, only Zero Laser is similar to the Shinku Hadoken.(I may be off on the spelling or name, I have no way to play Street Fighter IV at the moment)
It's spelled Shinkuu Hadouken (really minor I know), but you did have the name right.

The majority of the Final Smashes were at least based on something of the character or their games. Link's was very likely based on a mix of Cloud's Omnislash and Link's finishing move in OoT. Samus' was based likely on both the Shinkuu Hadouken and the Phazon Beam from Prime. Zamus' was probably based off of Super Metroid's Crystal Flash.

@Ove
Metsu Hadouken is Ryu's Ultra. Shinkuu is his super.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
How do you people feel about the art style for Fire Emblem: Awakening?

Chrom or Krom (pictured below) is the protagonist of the upcoming Fire Emblem title. I know many speculate about his inclusion in Smash so I'm including him in this post.
[COLLAPSE="Chrom"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="The character known as "Masked Marth""]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Marth"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Roy (Melee)"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Ike (Brawl)"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Lyn (Brawl assist trophy)"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Full gallery: http://www.giantbomb.com/fire-emblem-awakening/61-36394/concept-art/52-566760/

Would you prefer this new art style used for Emblem characters in the upcoming Smash games or would you rather stick to the less JRPG-ish art style?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Chrom or Krom (pictured below) is the protagonist of the upcoming Fire Emblem title. I know many speculate about his inclusion in Smash so I'm including him in this post.
[COLLAPSE="Chrom"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Marth"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Roy (Melee)"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Ike (Brawl)"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[/COLLAPSE]

Full gallery: http://www.giantbomb.com/fire-emblem-awakening/61-36394/concept-art/52-566760/

Would you prefer this new art style used for Emblem characters in the upcoming Smash games or would you rather stick to the less JRPG-ish art style?
I think the characters already in Smash should have their classic and Awakening designs as selecteable costumes. Except Ike's, because his redesign is garbage.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ike's Awakening design is crap. Radiant Dawn or GTFO.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah, not only is Ike's redesign is terribad the armor he was given makes him look more like a lord or knight rather than a mercenary; not to mention that he also looks a bit too thin imo. Lastly, I don't get why he has a sword for an arm.

I really like Marth and Lyn's appearance in this art style. I'm not too crazy about Roy's appearance but it's still pretty cool.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Roy and Lyn's design.

I never liked the character of Ike anyway, so I didn't care his design sucks

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Something about Lyn's artwork throws me off for some reason. Maybe it's the tiny feet or that facial expression, or something.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, they need to be bigger. Her right foot is too small for how close it is to the viewer and the other looks like it's too far back.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I agree that the FE reps should have both classic and their redesigns. But omg, Awakening Roy. (*¬*) <3

Yeah, about Ike's redesign...It's in a weird perspective and he does look like he has a sword for an arm. That's not true...right? I mean where's the guard and hilt? Maybe I'm just not seeing them...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ike should totally cut off one of his arms and replace it with a sword

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ash did pretty well when he decided to replace his arm with a chainsaw.

Team rocket never messed with him again

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The alternative would be to have a sword equipped on top of his arm.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hmm. . .
Twilight Princess and Awakening Marth and Zelda would go good together. . .
And OoT and Shadow Dragon make sense in the same capacity as the other pair. . .
I'm so conflicted, especially when writing this fanfiction, gah. I need to play way more Nintendo games, stupid new computer =\

And I like the idea of a Katar (or other arm mounted or push blade) character, any of those in the Nintendoverse? (oops, probably a question for char. discussion.)

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I can live with the main art of FE13 but the DLC art I dislike in general. I liked how FE in the past didn't follow the JRPG trend with it's art (one of the reasons Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior don't appeal to me).

As for the DLC stuff, they're not going to be used anyway. It's a radical departure for those characters, each character has a completely different art style and would (they already do in FE13) clash together, and either way they're in generic clothing for the classes you recruit them as. Honestly I'm not sure if we should be calling them redesigns to begin with.

D

Deleted member

[COLLAPSE="Chrom"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Marth"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Roy (Melee)"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Ike (Brawl)"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[/COLLAPSE]

For the record, the DLC art was done by a different artist each one. Roy's is good, but a bit too Squeenixey. The official art for the non-DLC looks pretty good, I like it.

Also THIS:

Ike's Awakening design is crap. Radiant Dawn or GTFO.

Ike's is garbage, he should get his superior RD gettup. Lyn's is ok, minus the coat, I don't like her face though, something feels off about it.

Oh, and FE has always had an "anime" Art-style. If you look back at the FE games from the early 90's the art-style of those games followed the popular art-style in anime of the time.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know at this point, I'd rather see the content being more polished at this point then actually seeing how much content we get. Brawl proved that having a lot of content is not good enough.

vicgur

Smash Ace
The only problem I had with this artwork of Ike is that his position and the perspective make him look oddly thin and weak.
I think, if someone changed the style of the artwork to something more traditional, he would look a lot more awesome.

But I like RD's better, anyways...

Roy is much better than before, tho

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
The only problem I had with this artwork of Ike is that his position and the perspective make him look oddly thin and weak.
I think, if someone changed the style of the artwork to something more traditional, he would look a lot more awesome.

But I like RD's better, anyways...

Roy is much better than before, tho
The different styles of artwork kind of got me too. Like you said, Ike looks so thin...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I actually like Lyn's and Ike's designs (and Marth's is good but not great). Roy, my boy in Melee, however, I'm not a fan at all for his Awakening design (Melee/The Binding Blade had it better)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If Ike gets into Smash with that design, then Imma have to smack a *****

That is one of the worst redesigns I have ever seen for a character

:phone:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
@Star
I was just about to post that. :laugh:
I'm not expecting anything big so I'm not too excited, however you may never know.

D

Deleted member

It'd be funny if they revealed the Yoshi's Land Wii U and that "Debu" really existed.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that, though.

Is it specifically for Wii U, or is 3DS going to be featured as well? I still cling on to hope that there was some truth to the "Mach Rider Unchained" thing and hope it (or something like it) will be shown off...

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
New Nintendo Direct tomorrow. Anybody hoping to see Yoshi Wii U?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509417
Two Directs in one month, we certainly are lucky. If this keeps up I'd wonder why Nintendo even bothers to go to E3 anymore. lol

Anyway I'm just betting on Pikmin 3 and Game & Wario stuff, maybe the newly announced Resident Evil Revelations port.

EDIT: Bummer, I have class at the exact time it begins. At least it's a test day so I can maybe speed through it and get out early. lol

vicgur

Smash Ace
I don't know what to expect, especially because it looks like it's exclusively a Nintendo of Europe Direct...

If it was really gonna reveal BIG new games, it would be something more worldwide...
That's what I personally think. :cool:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I don't know what to expect, especially because it looks like it's exclusively a Nintendo of Europe Direct...

If it was really gonna reveal BIG new games, it would be something more worldwide...
That's what I personally think. :cool:
Erm, no. NOA and NOJ are hosting direct as well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It'd be funny if they revealed the Yoshi's Land Wii U and that "Debu" really existed.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that, though.

Is it specifically for Wii U, or is 3DS going to be featured as well? I still cling on to hope that there was some truth to the "Mach Rider Unchained" thing and hope it (or something like it) will be shown off...
The crap if that happens...

It is specifically for the Wii U. Nintendo is going to show off new first-party titles and services. However, Nintendo's idea of new games consist of Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, so, we will see.

BTW, here's this rumor.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46746634&postcount=104

D

Deleted member

Ah, so no chance for Mach Rider Unchained, then...
And if it's specifically Wii U, then I doubt anyting on Smash would be shown.

Not really looking forward to this...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ah, so no chance for Mach Rider Unchained, then...
And if it's specifically Wii U, then I doubt anyting on Smash would be shown.

Not really looking forward to this...
Well, we'll probably hear more about Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Game and Wario; alongside whatever new games Nintendo decides to reveal. Still betting on Yoshi if anything,

D

Deleted member

Wonderful 101 looks pretty good, but doesn't seem like it'd be my forte.
Game & Wario, unless it's some reveal that Waluigi joins the crew, I am rather indifferent on it. The games are interesting from what we've seen and heard, but it doesn't really excite me.
I DO want to see what kinds of Pikmin there will be, though...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wonderful 101 looks pretty good, but doesn't seem like it'd be my forte.
Game & Wario, unless it's some reveal that Waluigi joins the crew, I am rather indifferent on it. The games are interesting from what we've seen and heard, but it doesn't really excite me.
I DO want to see what kinds of Pikmin there will be, though...
There are flying Pink Pikmin that have yet to be "officially" profiled yet.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
what ever became of the Banjo Kazooie rumor going around that Nintendo sought the rights to the Banjo Kazooie characters. Do you guys think the bird bear combo would work well for a smash game? I also do like the idea of that Dillon armadillo guy possibly getting a spot, we need more original characters. and of course, like I rant and rave about.. put EFFING k.rool in smash already.

next to Ganon, k.rool is one of the most maniacal and dark villains in Nintendo history.,

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I know, but I want to see MOAR. More than the Rock Pikmin and "Magenta Pikmin". [/selfish]
Is there more? I know Miyamoto had said there would be more Pikmin, but considering Pink, White and Purple Pikmin have yet to be unveiled, I've assumed they are what he was referring to.

EDIT: Think we just got our first hint on Monolith Soft's new game, which might be shown off tomorrow considering to a recent tweet by the wife of the producer of Xenoblade has told people to watch tomorrows ND.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Whatever Monolith Soft is going to reveal, don't expect a sequel to Xenoblade. Just saying that so people don't become disappointed.

Granted it IS Monolith Soft, so expect similar quality at least.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
The direct will probably be nothing too special, more along the lines of pretty neat but hardly "OMG, WTF, HOW DID WE NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS" material. So no Smash trailer, no sudden announcement that the Mother Trilogy is coming to the West/being remade in the East, no HD Zelda and no announcement of a big 3rd Party exclusive (well, maybe a 3rd Party exclusive, but I doubt there will be another Bayonetta-level announcement that will cause the hardcore bros to freak out about having to maybe actually have to buy the Wii U).

I'm guessing it'll be release dates and mini-trailers for some of the first party things, maybe one or two new 1st parties being revealed (Yoshi, for example), possibly some of the casual games like the new Wii Fit, maybe the unveiling of the Wii U VC , and perhaps, at most, a brief reference to Smash at the end where Iwata just casually mentions games we already know are in the development but haven't been shown yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom