• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Can I support Impa for the sake of being different? c:

EDIT: Nevermind, I already support three different Zelda additions... Adding impa would make me greedy. [ignoring this]
I SEE YOU FALL INTO THE CLASSICAL SOCIOLOGY PREACHING COOL KIDS HIPSTER TRAP OF LIKING SOMETHING BASED ON POPULARITY.

no but srsly, it is my philosophy that one must have a reasoned and clear approach for support of anything, this means you're willing to re-evaluate everything, even life.
That being said, you can reasonably like her because she's different if you mean different like unique and has lots of cool potential, which you don't really have to prove to anyone, mind, unless you want to convert people to the Impa ways.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I SEE YOU FALL INTO THE CLASSICAL SOCIOLOGY PREACHING COOL KIDS HIPSTER TRAP OF LIKING SOMETHING BASED ON POPULARITY.

no but srsly, it is my philosophy that one must have a reasoned and clear approach for support of anything, this means you're willing to re-evaluate everything, even life.
That being said, you can reasonably like her because she's different if you mean different like unique and has lots of cool potential, which you don't really have to prove to anyone, mind, unless you want to convert people to the Impa ways.
It was a joke. I've never thought of supporting her.
I can justify all of my supports, but I don't ever mention them because I'll just be shot down by other "Smash Philosophers" hehe

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I can justify all of my supports, but I don't ever mention them because I'll just be shot down by other "Smash Philosophers" hehe
I was joking about the caps too. :(
State whatever you want, just so you know I consider simply liking a character a valid reason to support them ;)

Also why are we talking about Diddly like this? Stahp it :c

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, as long as you have reasons that make sense, it shouldn't be a problem.

I mean, I support Waluigi as well. And Toad. And Ridley. And Krystal. And so on.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly, as long as you have reasons that make sense, it shouldn't be a problem.

I mean, I support Waluigi as well. And Toad. And Ridley. And Krystal. And so on.
There's still always pure haters out there. They'll just rant on about how much they hate the character.
Of course unless they seriously hate the character or have anger problems, they won't usually shoot down people who state valid reasons for a character to be in the next Smash Bros.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There's still always pure haters out there. They'll just rant on about how much they hate the character.
Of course unless they seriously hate the character or have anger problems, they won't usually shoot down people who state valid reasons for a character to be in the next Smash Bros.
I myself tend be irrationally (read: for no good reason) against characters, but I have a rule of being as unbiased as possible when talking about things like it so I tend to be supportive of certain characters I don't like because of what I believe their chances to be.

Ridley for example. Blech.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, anybody who had movement as an Assist Trophy and attacks have some viability as a potential Fighter in Smash For. Waluigi, Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Kat and Ana, Tingle, and so on.

Shadow's an exception since Sega will get one third party max. Same with Gray Fox.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I can't draw for my life but...

Yeah... I think I'm starting to like this Miiverse thing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly, anybody who had movement as an Assist Trophy and attacks have some viability as a potential Fighter in Smash For. Waluigi, Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Kat and Ana, Tingle, and so on.

Shadow's an exception since Sega will get one third party max. Same with Gray Fox.
I like the idea of Kat and Ana. Would be a neat second Warioware rep. Also controlling two ninjas at once is awesome.
Now we just need a character from this game to counter them :troll:

What are you, my mother?
That would be me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Except for the ones based on minor enemy characters, Like Hammer Bro., Lakitu, Tanks and Infantry, etc.

And my idea of the Shy-Guy Ghosts wouldn't be a valid choice as a fighter either.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm not really heavily biased against any character because I don't really care about my own personal wants

I'm more of a person that prefers enjoying new things that I've never heard of rather than having my desires met

That's why I can keep an air of objectivity when talking about most characters, whether I like them, don't care about them or dislike them

I can't STAND it though when people criticize others for what they personally like >_<

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, if we need a Pirate, we got Tetra. :awesome:

@Kingof: I mean of the non-generic characters. I wasn't counting basic enemies, but it's not hard to make movesets even for characters like Shy Guy or Hammer Bros.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
WHAT IKE NOT GOOD ENOUGH YOU PICKY PRINCE!? HE FIGHTS FOR YOU AND YOU'RE GOING TO SHOVE HIM OFF LIKE SOME SORT OF TOY!? YOU ****ING *******!
If I may? I view it the other way around, Marth tried but Ike just wasn't warming up to him so he wants his old friend back :(.

As an aside: I think bias is for the outside observer to determine and internalize.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, if we need a Pirate, we got Tetra. :awesome:

@Kingof: I mean of the non-generic characters. I wasn't counting basic enemies, but it's not hard to make movesets even for characters like Shy Guy or Hammer Bros.
Just wanted to clarify. It wouldn't be hard to make a moveset for them.

I think it would be fun to play as a Shy-Guy or Hammer Bro. actually.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can't wait until they reveal Yellow Devil as a playable character followed by Ridley being twice his size.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...​
Do you think Atlus could be bought by Nintendo?​

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So...

Do you think Atlus could be bought by Nintendo?
It's a possibility, but at the same time there also many other scenarios to consider too.

Also, am I the only person that finds it ironic that Atlus owes money for SEGA of all things? You know, the company that is rather infamous for it's steep economic slip ups?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's a possibility, but at the same time there also many other scenarios to consider too.

Also, am I the only person that finds it ironic that Atlus owes money for SEGA of all things? You know, the company that is rather infamous for it's steep economic slip ups?
Well Atlus doesn't owe any. It's the mother company, isn't it?

Just a scenario. If the mother company needs cash desperately, they could sell or give Atlus to someone to pay for their debt or something like that. I'd imagine Nintendo would be among the first to step up and bu or take Atlus.

And yes, that is ironic.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I just learned of this and I can see the irony. You're not alone buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom