• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Thats why I agreed that he could have asked for something a little more reasonable. But in the end, it's just the guy's own wish and seeing how tight lipped Sakurai is in terms of which newcomers and all would make it, I don't think Sakurai is going to risk slipping up on something like that.

Morbi

Scavenger
Thats why I agreed that he could have asked for something a little more reasonable. But in the end, it's just the guy's own wish and seeing how tight lipped Sakurai is in terms of which newcomers and all would make it, I don't think Sakurai is going to to risk slipping up on something like that.
He wasn't very tight lipped about Mewtwo. In fact, he took the initiative to discuss Mewtwo and express an interest in the character. Other than that I see what you are saying.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
He wasn't very tight lipped about Mewtwo. In fact, he took the initiative to discuss Mewtwo and express an interest in the character. Other than that I see what you are saying.

Well he did say that he is trying his best to bring back the majority of veteran characters from previous games into Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS. Though if someone would be trying to get him to slip up with a potential newcomer I would say they will probably have a hard time with that. He will probably give an occasional "Oh, okay...." nod and move on.

I don't think he would risk stir a conversation with that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What would you think if Samus's palette swaps had a model change in addition to a color change?

Like for the Fusion Suit, or Dark Samus, etc.

Doesn't look like there were any topics still going on before I posted this.

Morbi

Scavenger
What would you think if Samus's palette swaps had a model change in addition to a color change?

Like for the Fusion Suit, or Dark Samus, etc.

Doesn't look like there were any topics still going on before I posted this.
I would want a second orange pallet swap to get rid of her hideous Other M design. :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Traitorous and dishonest? That's putting a bit much on it, isn't buddy? Bowserlick isn't saying he should say a character he doesn't want just to make some fans happy. He's saying he could've said a character that he did want that a sizable amount of the dedicated smash fan base also wants. Like here Rich says he wants Ridley http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/05/28/what-we-want-in-a-new-smash-bros?page=2. If he would've said Ridley to sakurai how would that have been traitorous or dishonest? I'm not saying he should've said someone more popular just that Bowserlick isn't wrong in wanting him too.
VVV To be honest I would but I know I'm in the minority.
I'm saying it's wrong that Bowserlick wants the journalist to say something he doesn't mean. That is dishonesty because it is a lie. It is a lie because it is untrue. It is traitorous because he is betraying himself. I would never want anyone to lie to me or others about their intentions at all, no games to play and no subtleties to hurt with. This is the standard I hold everyone to, there can be no compromise or exception, but this does not imply there cannot be degrees of traitorhood or dishonesty or lying. If he said something like "Ridley", it would be a relatively very minor more venial lie more at variance with this law and standard rather than directly opposed.
The operative I'm using here is who the journalist wants most.

Wait a second, did Sakurai even ask most wanted? Probably not explicitly, but it was implied, he was giving him one option and directing it to personal preference.
Well, if that's somehow not what Sakurai meant or the interviewer guy heard, then I am in the wrong.
That is the point of the interview. To report new information. If you read a lot of interview you would notice that the reporter usually asks questions that are off limits anyways. They usually get a typical response like, "we aren't releasing any details regarding that as of yet". It isn't being traitorous or dishonest. It is doing your job.
The expression, "it can't hurt to try" comes to mind. Attempting to fish for any new information will eventually give you hits on your website or whatever. Journalism has always been about this. It hasn't devolved. I guess it hasn't really evolved either. :p
I don't see what this response has to do with anything that I said. We're talking about the journalist's response to Sakurai's questions at the end of the interview. I really don't think there is even one example where him responding differently would have lead to more hits in any clearly measurable amount. Something that's not outlandish and somehow assumes that Sakurai wouldn't respond exactly how he did that is. Because it's safe to say Sakurai probably would have responded and reacted near the same if he said "Yoshimitsu and Anna" sans the multi-character problems on the 3DS. :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I was responding to this post.
Keep in mind what the post was a response to.
And forgive me for not making it clear.
The subtext of that is that I am playing along with Bowserlick's view of good journalism, pointing out what it is (or at least what I think it is), and then acting like someone who has accepted his statement as truth, but yet is shocked at the moral implications of it.
I was acting.
But I do not agree with him. That, in my mind, is unacceptable. I have a strong distaste for that kind of journalism.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
So basically to be a good reporter you need to be a traitorous and dishonest scumbag?
What has journalism in our country world devolved to?
So I just came in, and what the hell is this ****? People have been replying to it for a few dozen posts now. What happened to discussion of Super Smash Bros.?

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
So I just came in, and what the hell is this ****? People have been replying to it for a few dozen posts now. What happened to discussion of Super Smash Bros.?

I seem to question this myself every 2 pages.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'd love to see a Protoman assist trophy and King K. Rool if he's not playable (cross my fingers he is even with Dixie in Tropical Freeze).

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
GUTSMAN'S BUTT. AS AN ASSIST TROPHY.

No but srsly gimmie a Magikoopa/Kamek. They'd be a good AT, especially when looking at their role in NSMBU. Like Lakitu! Cool. I loved Lakitu.
Generally, for ATs, I'd want a plethora of characters that couldn't quite make it in that would have been awesome if they did, just like Brawl did with Lyn/Adv. Wars stuff/Isaac etc.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
ATs that I would want? Uhhhh maybe Team Chaotix and Dr. Stewart from F-Zero, thats all I can think of atm at least

And speaking of the fourth, lol my birthday is the day right after that, the 5th

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So to make this chat more smashy again. What are assist trophies you'd like to see in Smash 4?
I'd like for the Shy-Guy ghosts from Luigi's Mansion. They would dance around for a few seconds, then swing their spears. There are 3 pairs of them. One of them swings the spear while the other ducks. They do this 4 times before disappearing, and can't fall off the stage. The spears deal 8% to 12% damage and decent knockback.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@monk
Sakurai didn't say "most". If we continue this further we'll just end up arguing over the ambiguity of the question and when/why it's ok to except what's implied as if it were deliberately stated without convincing one another because our standards are too different to compare. I'll just say that if Rich were to say Ridley I would consider it neither traitorous or dishonest.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Impa would be lucky to get a sticker. :troll:

But seriously, I'd like to see... I don't know, maybe Kumatora and Poppy Bro Jr (Knuckle Joe did it, why not Poppy Bro?).

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd like for the Shy-Guy ghosts from Luigi's Mansion. They would dance around for a few seconds, then swing their spears. There are 3 pairs of them. One of them swings the spear while the other ducks. They do this 4 times before disappearing, and can't fall off the stage. The spears deal 8% to 12% damage and decent knockback.
I wouldn't mind a swarm of Orange Ghosts maybe with a few Blue Ghosts ground pounding and Pink Ghosts darting across the screen. I don't think the Shy-Guy ghosts are iconic enough. It would be so sick though. They were someone of my favorites in Luigi's Mansion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why not? I support Impa and I think they are funny.
He severely overrates her chances, thinking she actually could replace Sheik of all characters. Also, many of her earlier supporters stopped supporting her because of him.

A lot are annoyed with that.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I like to imagine Diddy's room is just this huge shrine of Impa with candles surrounding the picture with a computer somewhere in the corner.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
He was simply asked who he wanted. I don't understand why it has to be reasonable, he was just answering the question.

Now, if he was asked "What character should I add?", that would be a different story.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wouldn't mind a swarm of Orange Ghosts maybe with a few Blue Ghosts ground pounding and Pink Ghosts darting across the screen. I don't think the Shy-Guy ghosts are iconic enough. It would be so sick though. They were someone of my favorites in Luigi's Mansion.
I think some of the ghosts from Luigi's Mansion should make a comeback at some point. The Shy-Guy Ghosts are one of the ones I'd like to see again along with the Grabbing Ghosts. Fighting a bunch of dancing ghosts was fun.

He severely overrates her chances, thinking she actually could replace Sheik of all characters. Also, many of her earlier supporters stopped supporting her because of him.

A lot are annoyed with that.
Here's a copy and paste of a message he posted several pages back:

qdMbp always has great ideas. After all, he made the Impa thread :reverse:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know of that thread. I don't visit there for a reason.

I may joke around about my want for Brian from Quest 64, but I don't shove it down people's throats or act like he has much of a chance or would replace someone. I guess I'm reasonable about it.

I did make a usergroup for it. If people want to post there, sure, go ahead. That's why I put it in my signature. But eh, whatever. I don't expect him to get in unless Nintendo suddenly buys the IP or something. *shrugs*

@MorbidAltruism: You're reasonable about it. So I don't mind you. You're having fun with us, not being an ass about it, after all.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Can I support Impa for the sake of being different? c:

EDIT: Nevermind, I already support three different Zelda additions... Adding impa would make me greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom