• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People will complain about anything. It doesn't matter how stupid or random it is, theres always that one person who freaks out about one little thing.
This.

That's just the internet in general. It's spoiled people with the right to be upset about anything and everything.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was banking on Mario vs. Sonic, since Bowser can feasibly antagonize any character, whereas Sonic has little other option...though if we want Mario vs. Bowser, Sonic vs. Falcon could work in a battle of speedsters.
Sonic could have had Snake as a rival. If you have ever heard Snakes Codec call with Sonic you will know what I am saying. :rotfl:

This.

That's just the internet in general. It's spoiled people with the right to be upset about anything and everything.
I blame the parents not raising their kids right. Not the internetz.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yooo, best rivalry: Peach vs Zelda vs Marth.

Battle of the princesses. /shot

Though I always like coming up with rivalry ideas. They could have some interesting ones like Ridley vs Olimar. y'know like one's too big, while the other one is super small in his source game...idk

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The sad thing is. That was lost in translation. Japanese Eggman apparently voices Snake in Japan. So yeah haha
Actually, it's Snake's actor's father who voices Eggman in Japanese.

Doing a little research, I found that Snake is voiced by Akio Ohtsuka, while Eggman is voiced by Chikao Ohtsuka. Chikao Ohtsuka is Akio Ohtsuka's father.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope they do change some Final Smashes, but I feel like they won't to save time. Some of the Final Smashes in Brawl were way way way too random.

I mean wtf was Luigi's?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Actually, it's Snake's actor's father who voices Eggman in Japanese.

Doing a little research, I found that Snake is voiced by Akio Ohtsuka, while Eggman is voiced by Chikao Ohtsuka. Chikao Ohtsuka is Akio Ohtsuka's father.
Oooooh. Ok, my bad I must have missed that. The sonic fan in me is ashamed for giving false info. Thanks for the catch

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I hope they do change some Final Smashes, but I feel like they won't to save time. Some of the Final Smashes in Brawl were way way way too random.

I mean wtf was Luigi's?
It was the darkness in his soul from being 2nd Banana. Obviously.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Would you give him the Poltergust? Or what. Mr.L? I'm not sure what a FS of his could be to be honest ^^; even if I've played most Mario games I'm kinda at a loss
Mr. L would be great if they want to keep that whole ''tired of being in Mario's shadow thing."

I can see a Final Smash where the Poltergust overloads and ghosts/boos escape and flood the stage while Luigi cowers away.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Mr. L would be great if they want to keep that whole ''tired of being in Mario's shadow thing."

I can see a Final Smash where the Poltergust overloads and ghosts/boos escape and flood the stage while Luigi cowers away.
These sound legit. Would Mr.L also get his Mech?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
For some reason I would actually see the two at a diner chatting about their daily lives while drinking hot tea.

Right before the Monado blade obliterates every molecule of Takamaru

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Probably an argument over women's rights. I bet Takamaru slaps his wife after a hard day of fighting aliens if the tea's not set and hot when he comes home.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Which reminds me, turns out the new movie had an early screening yesterday in Japan. Reports are coming in saying that the Mewtwo in the movie is not the same one from the original movie, to which there are no references to.

Apparently this "Newtwo" (get it?) was created by some random generic organization (not something cool like Team Rocket/Plasma) with no real details other than that (though it could change in the upcoming anime special, evil team from X/Y?), and that it's Awakened form has the ability to slow down time with what I think was said to be a new signature move.

If true, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. >_>
Probably just a cop out by The Pokemon Company so they can have their cake and eat it too: use a well known and beloved Polemon now and for future projects (Mewtwo vs. Newtwo?) without completely alienating the fan base, if true. Not sure this really changes anything as far as Smash is concerned. Even if for some bizarre reason Sakurai and TPC treat Mewtwo in the next game as a different entity it probably won't be that noticeable unless we're dealing with MewBuu.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I've been playing the hell out of Project X Zone and I'm loving this song. Why did we only get Sakura Taisen V? I'd love to put this on a Nazo stage:

Listen carefully and it even has a very distinct Japanese tone to it.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So I've been playing the hell out of Project X Zone and I'm loving this song. Why did we only get Sakura Taisen V? I'd love to put this on a Nazo stage:

Listen carefully and it even has a very distinct Japanese tone to it.
I had to use guides to play the older Sakura Wars games.. It was pretty worth it haha. I'm glad Project X Zone has some characters from the series in.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I swear, I think I might be in the middle of a 90's nostalgia rush. Disney, Swat Kats (I hear they're trying to get another show), Sakura Taisen (yet I never played them)... I wonder what's next. Maybe I'll tune into the 90's station more often.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This reminded me of something off handed. For reasons I'm not sure of, traditional Chinese music has this weird effect on me where it seems familiar yet foreign to me, like I had a past life there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom