• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Which reminds me, turns out the new movie had an early screening yesterday in Japan. Reports are coming in saying that the Mewtwo in the movie is not the same one from the original movie, to which there are no references to.

Apparently this "Newtwo" (get it?) was created by some random generic organization (not something cool like Team Rocket/Plasma) with no real details other than that (though it could change in the upcoming anime special, evil team from X/Y?), and that it's Awakened form has the ability to slow down time with what I think was said to be a new signature move.

If true, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. >_>

Morbi

Scavenger
Which reminds me, turns out the new movie had an early screening yesterday in Japan. Reports are coming in saying that the Mewtwo in the movie is not the same one from the original movie, to which there are no references to.

Apparently this "Newtwo" (get it?) was created by some random generic organization (not something cool like Team Rocket/Plasma) with no real details other than that (though it could change in the upcoming anime special, evil team from X/Y?), and that it's Awakened form has the ability to slow down time with what I think was said to be a new signature move.

If true, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. >_>
Less reason to hate it. They aren't desecrating MY Mewtwo. They are just creating a new one to manipulate. Thanks for the info on Newtwo/Majin Mewbuu. As for Awakened form having the ability to slow down time... I sense a Luigi-esque Final Smash. Hopefully Luigi gets to finally use his Poltergust 3000. :glare:

Also wouldn't Ash referring to Mewtwo as Mewtwo reference the first movie as that is how Ash knows about Mewtwo's existence? (highlighted the part I am talking about)

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Less reason to hate it. They aren't desecrating MY Mewtwo. They are just creating a new one to manipulate. Thanks for the info on Newtwo/Majin Mewbuu. As for Awakened form having the ability to slow down time... I sense a Luigi-esque Final Smash. Hopefully Luigi gets to finally use his Poltergust 3000. :glare:

Also wouldn't Ash referring to Mewtwo as Mewtwo reference the first movie as that is how Ash knows about Mewtwo's existence? (highlighted the part I am talking about)
Still am waiting to hear more info. Most of this is coming from vague tweets from people who've seen the movie, to which I've been reading up translations on Serebii's fourms, so by no means take this as fact just yet.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Memories and a sore wrist I imagine.
Sore everything, actually. And that was just from the conversation I had from the guy requesting it.

On topic-ish, I would infinitely prefer Nabarl over almost every other FE rep people are campaigning for.
Wish Sakurai would go with his gut, for once.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Sore everything, actually. And that was just from the conversation I had from the guy requesting it.

On topic-ish, I would infinitely prefer Nabarl over almost every other FE rep people are campaigning for.

By the way, can we do that again sometime?

Morbi

Scavenger

What do you mean by that? Was Sakurai going to put in Nabarl or something?

Personally I want Lucina. I already know she isn't going to happen though. So I don't really request her. :awesome:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
By the way, can we do that again sometime?

It figured that last time I had to go things were just getting good. It needs to be like that all the time.

What do you mean by that? Was Sakurai going to put in Nabarl or something?

Personally I want Lucina. I already know she isn't going to happen though. So I don't really request her. :awesome:
It was in response to ---'s link (from another thread, I guess I flubbed that one), which claimed Sakurai's favorite character was Nabarl, among other juicy and somewhat grasping-at-the-straws details. Didn't put much worth into the claim even if it was true because Sakurai would go with what everyone else wants rather than something he'd legitimately like but wouldn't be as popular/would get a lot of backlash.

I'd actually like Lucina as well, at least over certain others, but I'm not really requesting her either, anyway.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Fire Emblem discussions.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai should just take ten minutes to make FE Smash. Just have fourteen Lords all with the same moves, but statistical variations. The fans will like it, spend their money, and the real Smash won't have to cave to those rabid fans. That should have been the 3DS version.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Sakurai should just take ten minutes to make FE Smash. Just have fourteen Lords all with the same moves, but statistical variations. The fans will like it, spend their money, and the real Smash won't have to cave to those rabid fans. That should have been the 3DS version.
That would be a cop-out >.> us in the fire emblem fanbase would hate that. Considering not every Lord uses a sword. Considering their different styles.

BUT this was a joke post so I shoulden't be taking it so seriously

Morbi

Scavenger
That would be a cop-out >.> us in the fire emblem fanbase would hate that. Considering not every Lord uses a sword. Considering their different styles.

BUT this was a joke post so I shoulden't be taking it so seriously
They should have seriously made a Fire Emblem Bros. game for the 3DS. There are so many crazy requests from that franchise. Realistically Chrom is the only one that has a chance of getting in SSB that wasn't in a prior Smash. I guess most people will just speculate away until the time of truth.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide

I'd still rather just combine them into a hideous multi-limbed abomination with all of their heads sown together. They're all playable, so everyone is happy.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
They should have seriously made a Fire Emblem Bros. game for the 3DS. There are so many crazy requests from that franchise. Realistically Chrom is the only one that has a chance of getting in SSB that wasn't in a prior Smash. I guess most people will just speculate away until the time of truth.
Pokemon is just as crazy in demands I don't see why Fire Emblem people have to take all the heat in this.

Fire Emblem awakening already got a good amount of various casts together through spotpass and DLC. I fail to see why a whole FE fighter needs to be made just so the Smash community can rest. Also consider there are OTHER fanbases out there with just as insane requests. Like do you even know how rabid some Zelda fans got already just from Link's design not being his latest one? Do you know how much of a hissy fit the Pokemon fans will be in if Mewtwo isn't in his Gen 1 look at all?

With my FE requests in Smash i'm very very tame. I don't even think Chrom will be making it. My realistic thoughts here is Marth, Ike and MAYBE Roy. That's all I ask for, if I don't get any of them? Fine. I won't complain about it. I just hate how fire emblem has a negative stigma whenever it comes up in this chat and its my favorite Nintendo series. I can't even show my love for it inside smash discussions because. It's Tabuu

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Sorry for that lengthy post of mine. I just feel a little bit of hatred towards my favorite Nintendo series. Tis all. Go back to what you were talking about before. Didn't mean to end everything >.>

Morbi

Scavenger
Pokemon is just as crazy in demands I don't see why Fire Emblem people have to take all the heat in this.

Fire Emblem awakening already got a good amount of various casts together through spotpass and DLC. I fail to see why a whole FE fighter needs to be made just so the Smash community can rest. Also consider there are OTHER fanbases out there with just as insane requests. Like do you even know how rabid some Zelda fans got already just from Link's design not being his latest one? Do you know how much of a hissy fit the Pokemon fans will be in if Mewtwo isn't in his Gen 1 look at all?

With my FE requests in Smash i'm very very tame. I don't even think Chrom will be making it. My realistic thoughts here is Marth, Ike and MAYBE Roy. That's all I ask for, if I don't get any of them? Fine. I won't complain about it. I just hate how fire emblem has a negative stigma whenever it comes up in this chat and its my favorite Nintendo series. I can't even show my love for it inside smash discussions because. It's Tabuu
Trust me. I know. I am a big Legend of Zelda fan as well as a Pokemon fan. I was disappointed when Link wasn't in his Skyward Sword design. I would also be pretty salty if Mewtwo wasn't in his her primary form. So I can relate. However, I haven't really seen too many crazy request from Pokemon besides the return of PKMN Trainer. No doubt FE gets a lot of Flak though. :)

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Trust me. I know. I am a big Legend of Zelda fan as well as a Pokemon fan. I was disappointed when Link wasn't in his Skyward Sword design. I would also be pretty salty if Mewtwo wasn't in his her primary form. So I can relate. However, I haven't really seen too many crazy request from Pokemon besides the return of PKMN Trainer. No doubt FE gets a lot of Flak though. :)
I on the other hand don't mind Link's smash look matter of fact I love it, nor would I mind Mewtwo being in his new form. Complaining about either reminds me too much of the Sonic fanbase complaining about Sonic's eye color

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Let's not go into Fire Emblem discussions, that's pretty much a lost cause.

I wouldn't mind talking more about Lip. She's adorable.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Lip - Sable rivalry in Sm4sh.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
On the subject of rivalries, I could see those being an easy way to insert little references to the SSE into the game's new adventure mode.

Stuff like Bowser vs. Ganondorf, Wario vs. Lucas, Falcon vs. Olimar, etc.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Sonic fans complain over EVERYTHING.

The entire fan base is psychotic.
Not the entire bit of it. There are some more sane people. I know acouple and from what I see here. Not many people who like Sonic fall into the insane part.. I'd like to consider myself a sane one

They actually complain over his eye color?
Oh heavens yes. Some were like WHERE IS HIS BLACK EYES. Then Generations came around... IT'S NOT YELLOW ENOUGH in regards to Sky Sanctuary

Morbi

Scavenger
On the subject of rivalries, I could see those being an easy way to insert little references to the SSE into the game's new adventure mode.

Stuff like Bowser vs. Ganondorf, Wario vs. Lucas, Falcon vs. Olimar, etc.
What about Wolf v. Fox or Mario v. Bowser? Out of the question? :confused:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What about Wolf v. Fox or Mario v. Bowser? Out of the question? :confused:
I was banking on Mario vs. Sonic, since Bowser can feasibly antagonize any character, whereas Sonic has little other option...though if we want Mario vs. Bowser, Sonic vs. Falcon could work in a battle of speedsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom