• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I absolutely loved Swat Kats. This is the last place I'd ever expect someone referencing it.
Because of the furry hate? I remember loving the show as a kid yet I could hardly remember the title for it at the time.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Actually didn't think of that as a reason at all, lol. I'm in the exact same boat, right down to actually buying Swat Kats for SNES.

Just figured the topics on here were limited to post/late 90's stuff, sexual/political rights chat, or Fire Emblem discussions flame wars.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Ughh, playing Kingdom Hearts DDD, got near the end of the game. It's very fun, the graphics and music are great, but ughhh.
They should change the name to Teenybopper Angst Heroes: Friendship Magic.

This is my first KH game, and the characters and plot are unbearable. One of the very worst stories I've ever seen in a game. It's almost as bad as Sonic Adventure 2 (referring to the story (I like SA2)).

The main character should've been Spellican, and Spellican should be in SSB4.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually didn't think of that as a reason at all, lol. I'm in the exact same boat, right down to actually buying Swat Kats for SNES.

Just figured the topics on here were limited to post/late 90's stuff, sexual/political rights chat, or Fire Emblem discussions flame wars.
Well, most of us were too young to really appreciate most of the things in the 90's for what they were. However, that's where the Internet comes in. We're now able to really appreciate all the work they did back then. It seems that while you still have people doing things for the art, it feels like people were more willing to take risks back then, be more indepth with the works they made.

But everything changed when the economy turned to sewage waste. Nowadays, people have to play it safe, and this includes things like making new works of art to appeal to as large of an audience as possible, but sacrificing the quality of it in the process. I don't know when. I don't know how, but I know someday starting right now, things will get better.

At least the Animation Age Ghetto is finally starting to weaken. I think if our generation really starts taking over the animation industry, things should change a lot. We need more things like Korra, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and MLP (I'm serious).

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Ughh, playing Kingdom Hearts DDD, got near the end of the game. It's very fun, the graphics and music are great, but ughhh.

This is my first KH game, and the characters and plot are unbearable. One of the very worst stories I've ever seen in a game. It's almost as bad as Sonic Adventure 2 (referring to the story (I like SA2)).

That's your first KH game?
You must be confused as all hell.

Start from the first KH, then watch the exclusive content in KH Final Mix, then watch KH: Chain of Memories, then KH II, then watch the exclusive content in KH II Final Mix, then KH: Re Chain of Memories (optional), then KH: 358/2 Days, then KH: Birth by Sleep, then the exclusive content in KH: Birth by Sleep Final Mix, then KH: Re: Coded.

I'd be up for seeing Spellican in SSB4.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman

How can u start at the latest game in the series to understand it

You can pm me and I can answer question u have but u need to play at least kh kh2 and bbs to understand ddd

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Back on the nostalgia topic, has anyone bothered to listen to music from outside their childhood time period (meaning the 90's for the most of us)? For a long time, I was addicted to the 80's XM station and I think a lot of it beats what's popular on the radio today.

Meanwhile, I'm listening to a 90's rock/metal station and first song is Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood. Seriously, I must have been under a rock all this time.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well, most of us were too young to really appreciate most of the things in the 90's for what they were. However, that's where the Internet comes in. We're now able to really appreciate all the work they did back then. It seems that while you still have people doing things for the art, it feels like people were more willing to take risks back then, be more indepth with the works they made.

But everything changed when the economy turned to sewage waste when the Fire Nation Attacked. Nowadays, people have to play it safe, and this includes things like making new works of art to appeal to as large of an audience as possible, but sacrificing the quality of it in the process. I don't know when. I don't know how, but I know someday starting right now, things will get better.

At least the Animation Age Ghetto is finally starting to weaken. I think if our generation really starts taking over the animation industry, things should change a lot. We need more things like Korra, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and MLP (I'm serious).
I do agree with you for the most part Kuma, but I strongly detest the latter half of those 'exceptional' cartoons you listed. I'd even lump Korra in there to a point, but the sum of the whole prevents me from doing so (okay I'm a little biased 'cause I love Avatar's setting, lol). Most cartoons nowadays buy into how short-sighted and scatterbrained this generation can be. It's like there's little room for anything particularly meaningful or nuanced; it's mostly memetic and superficial. All I see is just a string of obnoxious events that are somehow tied into a narrative.

This is just my opinion, mind you.

@ 90's nostalgia:

Dudes and dudettes, I listen to Boyz 2 Men, Ace of Base, Chumbawumba, Smashmouth, and other random 90's bands on a daily basis. Believe me, I knoowwwwww. Haha.

Smooth Criminal

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I do agree with you for the most part Kuma, but I strongly detest the latter half of those 'exceptional' cartoons you listed. I'd even lump Korra in there to a point, but the sum of the whole prevents me from doing so (okay I'm a little biased 'cause I love Avatar's setting, lol). Most cartoons nowadays buy into how short-sighted and scatterbrained this generation can be. It's like there's little room for anything particularly meaningful or nuanced; it's mostly memetic and superficial. All I see is just a string of obnoxious events that are somehow tied into a narrative.

This is just my opinion, mind you.

Smooth Criminal

Anything's better than ****ing Problem Solvers. That show sucked so much. :glare:

And that's all I'll say on the matter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fine, then we need more shows like Symbiotic Titan, Young Justice, and Thundercats without getting canceled.

This still goes back to a sentiment I made a while back. We're living in a time where junk food entertainment rules instead of being an option.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
That's your first KH game?
You must be confused as all hell.

Start from the first KH, then watch the exclusive content in KH Final Mix, then watch KH Chain of Memories, then KH II, then watch the exclusive content in KH II Final Mix, then KH: 358/2 Days, then KH: Birth by Sleep, then KH: Birth by Sleep Final Mix, then KH: Re: Coded.
It's not even the fact that I don't know what's going on with the plot (which I don't), the dialogue is awful, the voices are awful, and the characters are awful, and I don't need to know what's going on in the plot to recognize that.

it takes itself super seriously and is super preechy, giving incredibly trite and juvenile speeches about friendship and whatnot.

- Let me reiterate that I still think it's a great game. The gameplay, graphics, music, and overall production value overshadow that aspect, which is why I played through it and enjoyed it.

Also, Meow Wow and Spellican are the best.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Back on the nostalgia topic, has anyone bothered to listen to music from outside their childhood time period (meaning the 90's for the most of us)? For a long time, I was addicted to the 80's XM station and I think a lot of it beats what's popular on the radio today.

Meanwhile, I'm listening to a 90's rock/metal station and first song is Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood. Seriously, I must have been under a rock all this time.
My parents listened to alot of 60's, 70's, 80's stuff. So I was exposed to it and love it. Also I like quite a few bands and such from the 90's but.. its hard to list when I like so much music.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, Cartoon Network just needs to bring old shows back more often than Fridays at 8 o'clock. Play them in the regular schedule, not 4 at once for one hour a week.

@KingofPhantoms: At least that show had tolerable designs. Just look at Problem Solvers. It looks like an ***-fest.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Honestly, Cartoon Network just needs to bring old shows back more often than Fridays at 8 o'clock. Play them in the regular schedule, not 4 at once for one hour a week.
This is why I have the channel "Boomerang" Not only the really oldies cartoons but it now has the original CN stuff also haha

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

@KingofPhantoms: At least that show had tolerable designs. Just look at Problem Solvers. It looks like an ***-fest.
I'll bet 10$ that the people who animate that show are drunk while working on the animation.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
It's not even the fact that I don't know what's going on with the plot (which I don't), the dialogue is awful, the voices are awful, and the characters are awful, and I don't need to know what's going on in the plot to recognize that.

it takes itself super seriously and is super preechy, giving incredibly trite and juvenile speeches about friendship and whatnot.

- Let me reiterate that I still think it's a great game. The gameplay, graphics, music, and overall production value overshadow that aspect, which is why I played through it and enjoyed it.

aaaahhhhh there is so much you dont understand and it would be so hard to explain without you playing all the games

also its my favorite series and it been criticized makes me a superfanboy :p

also with the characters they are not awful yiou just have not played the other games to see how they got to that point

stopping my rant now ;)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This still goes back to a sentiment I made a while back. We're living in a time where junk food entertainment rules instead of being an option.
Hey it doesn't matter how well the quality is, anything can make a profit if you squeeze in enough poorly executed le memes and edge. In a business, that's all that matters. Making a profit, not actually being enticing or whimsical.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Fine, then we need more shows like Symbiotic Titan, Young Justice, and Thundercats without getting canceled.

What happened to Young Justice was a ****ing travesty. I'm salty over that ****, and I 1) don't even like DC all that much (though stuff like Young Justice, Man of Steel, and Justice League is making me branch out a bit, because Marvel comics are fast becoming a joke), 2) didn't even watch the show when it aired three years ago, and 3) don't even watch T.V. all that much.

Smooth Criminal

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey it doesn't matter how well the quality is, anything can make a profit if you squeeze in enough poorly executed le memes and edge. In a business, that's all that matters. Making a profit, not actually being enticing or whimsical.
People are probably the greediest creatures alive.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
young justice was amazing this new teen titans go is a joke

plus leaving us at that cliff hanger is so not fair

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Yeah, I agree with you on some parts.
The "hearts, friends, darkness," stuff gets tiresome sometimes, but I don't mind it too much.
Sora sounds too young for his age in the first game. He's 14 years old, but he sounds like he's 9 or 10.

There's also the Kingdom Hearts fanbase...

I still think Kingdom Hearts is one of my top favorite game series, despite its flaws.

And yeah, I love the music and gameplay. And the interesting combination of Disney characters, Square characters, and original characters exclusive to the series.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
aaaahhhhh there is so much you dont understand and it would be so hard to explain without you playing all the games

also its my favorite series and it been criticized makes me a superfanboy :p

also with the characters they are not awful yiou just have not played the other games to see how they got to that point

stopping my rant now ;)
Yea, alright.
I really like the game despite my thoughts of the characters, so there's no need to get all defensive, like I said it's a great game.

I just hate the characters and dialogue, my ignorance of the plot is entirely irrelevant to that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm sticking to Adventure Time and Gravity Falls.

Bringing Teen Titans back: YAY! Turning it into a complete comedy wtih terrible animation and stupid jokes: I must find the culprit behind this horrible crime...

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
anyone else see the new design for ash in the new season of pokemon it looks like they are actually going to age ash a little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom