• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yeah, I agree with you on some parts.
The "hearts, friends, darkness," stuff gets tiresome sometimes, but I don't mind it too much.
Sora sounds too young for his age in the first game. He's 14 years old, but he sounds like he's 9 or 10.

There's also the Kingdom Hearts fanbase...

I still think Kingdom Hearts is one of my top favorite game series, despite its flaws.

And yeah, I love the music and gameplay. And the interesting combination of Disney characters, Square characters, and original characters exclusive to the series.
Yea, I didn't expect to see the characters from TWEWY in the game, which was cool (even though they were also annoying).

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
anyone else see the new design for ash in the new season of pokemon it looks like they are actually going to age ash a little bit

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I mainly just stick with Regular Show for the most part with some Adult Swim when it comes to CN. I'm mad at most of the shows now-a-days, though.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'm sticking to Adventure Time and Gravity Falls.

Bringing Teen Titans back: YAY! Turning it into a complete comedy wtih terrible animation and stupid jokes: I must find the culprit behind this horrible crime...
I love Gravity Falls, and I used to really like AT as well. AT hasn't been that funny lately though.
Speaking of fanbases, Gravity Falls has one of the VERY worst fanbases ever.
I went on Youtube to see if I could watch a clip from the show, and all the related vids had to do with how Gravity Falls has "SUPER SECRET ILLUMINATI MESSAGES"

D

Deleted member

Teen Titans Go is a bastardization of the show I watched in my youth.

Just by watching one dreadful episode of it, I could feel a bit of my childhood dying a painful death.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I love Gravity Falls, and I used to really like AT as well. AT hasn't been that funny lately though.
Speaking of fanbases, Gravity Falls has one of the VERY worst fanbases ever.
I went on Youtube to see if I could watch a clip from the show, and all the related vids had to do with how Gravity Falls has "SUPER SECRET ILLUMINATI MESSAGES"
Yeah, it's a shame. Like I said earlier, theres always one person that freaks out about one thing.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I really hope I'm not the only one that misses Chowder. That show was the best.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Teens Titans Go is just pure garbage, from King Garbage of the Garbage Dynasty.

I really hope I'm not the only one that misses Chowder. That show was the best.
It was OK to me, but I prefer Adventure Time now.

As for TTG again, that was a huge mistake. The original show had comedy, yes, but that's not what it revolved around completely. It had serious episodes, and the jokes were implemented at good times and not constant, nor were they completely random. The animation for TTG is also garbage.

What I'm getting at is that is they changed the aspect of the show far too much. It was serious with gags in between, some episodes focusing having more comedy than others. The new show is just a bunch of random episodes with random villains and monsters, with random, stupid jokes being made every second.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I liked MAD for about the first season, then it became a boring, repetitive ****-fest.​
I still like Regular Show. Haters gonna hate.
Also really liked the original Ben 10. After that it slowly worsened, imo.
Im probably the minority, but I got a kick out of Chowder. Dont know why, I just did. (But screw Flapjack.)
Never liked Teen Titans or DC for that matter, so I don't really care about Green Lantern or Young Justice.
Also Foster Home for Imaginary Friends is way better then that pony crap was fun too.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's a shame. Like I said earlier, theres always one person that freaks out about one thing.
I wish it was just one person; a good portion of its fanbase watches it for the not-so-secret secrets that somehow lead to a secret society that controls the universe and will lead to the apocalypse this very year.
Yea, one of the related vids was "ILLUMINATI APOCALYPSE 2013". All I wanted to do was watch some Gravity Falls :mad088:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm still waiting for the ending to Samurai Jack movie that is never going to be made ^^; damn it all

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I only liked Flapjack early in the series. The show kind of took a turn down crappy lane for me in later episodes.

Chowder was entertaining to me throughout it's entire run though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
In for an inch/penny, in for a mile/pound, I suppose. Time to completely ostracize myself in this thread.

[collapse=Women and small children refrain from reading any further.]I legitimately liked Equestria Girls.[/collapse]

Alzi

Smash Master
To bring this topic back to Smash-related stuff, here's my new prediction roster.
View attachment 1154
The only ones I'm iffy on are Toon Link, Pokémon Trainer (though I think Charizard is all but guarantee to stay, I do feel as Squirtle and Ivysaur are at a bigger risk of leaving than Lucario) and Shulk. Everyone else I feel good enough in being in.
Nice roster. It's fairly similar to mine:

Both of these are pretty much what I am expecting to see.

Also my random guess of character reveal on 9th of July (which would be 4 weeks away from e3 I am hoping comes true just for the sake of it.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Chowder was okay. I stopped liking it after the first season though. Used to say "Rada Rada" in High School in front of my friends for a long while. :laugh:

Flapjack was just down right creepy IMO. Wasn't terrible, the writing was okay, but it was still just downright creepy.

Ben 10 was also okay, but man have they completely milked it. I tried to watch the first few episodes of the first spin-off, but I couldn't follow the plot at all.

I won't watch Adventure Time or Regular Show willingly unless nothing else is on, but from what I have seen they're both good shows.

I don't hate Teen Titan's Go! just yet, but I am definitely in the boat that it's not even as close to being as good as the original show. Needs to be slightly more serious (especially with Robin) and be a more abridged take on DC comics rather than random plots.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Some episodes did creep me out when I was younger. Those images maaan xD
King Rameses creeped me out.

I never watch the episode where Courage is going through the hotel, where he sees that "girl" playing a violin.

And the last episode in the series, the one where he has those nightmares...
No comment...

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Chowder was okay. I stopped liking it after the first season though. Used to say "Rada Rada" in High School in front of my friends for a long while. :laugh:

Flapjack was just down right creepy IMO. Wasn't terrible, the writing was okay, but it was still just downright creepy.

Ben 10 was also okay, but man have they completely milked it. I tried to watch the first few episodes of the first spin-off, but I couldn't follow the plot at all.

I won't watch Adventure Time or Regular Show willingly unless nothing else is on, but from what I have seen they're both good shows.

I don't hate Teen Titan's Go! just yet, but I am definitely in the boat that it's not even as close to being as good as the original show. Needs to be slightly more serious (especially with Robin) and be a more abridged take on DC comics rather than random plots.
Chowder was excellent. Flapjack was pretty good. Regular Show was hilarious in the beginning, but it's gotten pretty weak lately. Adventure Time is the best show on Cartoon Network right now. I didn't think Teen Titans Go was ATROCIOUS per se, but it's an absolute waste of resources that should have gone to making a series that people actually wanted (sequel to Teen Titans).

Also, the REAL travesty was the cancellation of Brave and the Bold. By far the best Batman show since Beyond.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The original series had comedic episodes, but they didn't completely revolve around random humor and the plots were far more creative.
The fact that the series turned into the poorly animated, mindless random comedy, after what it originally was angers me.
The same goes for Robin. He used to be smart, and serious most of the time. They made him pathetic and stupid in TTG.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
King Rameses creeped me out.
Interestingly enough, a lot of people think I get my username (which I use everywhere) from him. They think it's "RamsI" backwards.

Also, nothing is creepier than this (which APPARENTLY YOU pointed out was a response in that "No Sir I don't like it" video a few pages ago).

D

Deleted member

Sigh...

If there's one thing I miss the most out of my childhood, it's entertainment from the late 1990s - early 2000s. So much nostalgia from Nintendo, Sony, Cartoon Network, Nick, Disney movies and more. Sad to know, however, that childhood nostalgia is only a fragile barrier from the harsh reality of life. The past five years or so have slowly but surely broke that fragile barrier for me. Only Smash 4 remains for me before that barrier is completely broken.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Interestingly enough, a lot of people think I get my username (which I use everywhere) from him. They think it's "RamsI" backwards.

Also, nothing is creepier than this (which someone pointed out was a response in that "No Sir I don't like it" video a few pages ago).

(video chopped for obvious reasons)
At times I wonder how this show stayed at a TV-Y7 rating.

And btw, that person was ME.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ah, nostalgia, a feel I never truly got.
Until I watched the Lion King in the theater for my birthday.

It was at the time my childhood finally came back to me and nostalgia paid me a vist. I forgot how much I loved that movie. It became my favorite movie of all time after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom