• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The game physics might make it much more difficult to avoid than most hazards. So if he is one, the stage will likely be banned from tournaments.

I'd personally like to fight him as a boss.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Why my good sir is that a Baccano avatar you have or am I mistaking characters and my eyes deceiving me? :D

I listen to Baccano's opening theme, 'Guns n Roses' all the time. =D

And before anyone asks, the band who did it is called 'Paradise Lunch'.

Yeah. It caught me off guard too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A picture of Yellow Devil today? He's looking more like a stage hazard to me now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm betting he's an assist trophy. Kirby's phasing through him just fine. He probably summoned him.

If it were a stage hazard or boss, Kirby wouldn't be able to phaze through him would he?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm betting he's an assist trophy. Kirby's phasing through him just fine. He probably summoned him.

If it were a stage hazard or boss, Kirby wouldn't be able to phaze through him would he?
:urg: I'm actually hoping thats not the case. I really want Protoman as his assist. The Whistle! It's almost as iconic to me as the Green Rangers flute from Power Rangers. Protoman could dash around the stage bashing people with his shield!

Also speaking of the proto shield. Megaman used it in Megaman 7, I was kinda hoping it would be his shield animation. Like yoshi's egg lol.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
IMO, Yellow Devil is definitely a boss battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aX2KNyaoNV4#t=89s

Just by looking at the trailer again you can easily tell. Not an assist trophy as he just appears out of nowhere, and not a stage hazard as it just wouldn't fit right as a stage hazard.
The reason I feel he is a stage hazard is from what we know of the new Adventure mode. It's not going to be grand and super epic like brawl's its going to be more simple and stuff like melee's from what we know.

Yellow Devil also iconically appeared in the very first Wily Castle. Him being there wouldn't be out of left field. It's his home. But who knows, he may very well be a boss.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't think he would so nonchalantly reveal adventure mode details like that at this time?

"There will be a new adventure mode, but I can't reveal any details at this time. Except Yellow Devil, he's totally in it."

And appearing on a regular stage makes it seem even less like a boss battle, at least as we know them. Though there is that Duon battle...

Always possible bosses are unrelated to adventure mode, or at least the way they're handled has changed.

Still, doesn't seem like there's really much of a reason to assume he's anything other than a stage hazard to me.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Actually now I think about it. Do you think its possible a non classic megaman character would be his assist like someone from the X/Legends/etc various series?

I mean Zero is definitely super popular lol. I honestly would not be surprised if they decided him for assist but. At the same time I don't see them skimping out a possible Protoman or Bass appearance

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Have you seen Salem's avatar btw?

One of my favourite ZSS pics. :p

DANG IT WHY DO I KEEP DOUBLE POSTING? ;_;

Chances are if it exists, I've seen it. And I stalk Salem she's an inspiration to us all.
I DON'T KNOW PLEASE DON'T HURT ME IF YOU'RE GONNA.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Actually now I think about it. Do you think its possible a non classic megaman character would be his assist like someone from the X/Legends/etc various series?

I mean Zero is definitely super popular lol. I honestly would not be surprised if they decided him for assist but. At the same time I don't see them skimping out a possible Protoman or Bass appearance
If there's anything I want, it's this remix or a newer remix of the Yellow Devil's theme.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I better not be the only one who was creeped out by some of the Courage the Cowardly Dog episodes.
People like you absolutely confuse me.

There was absolutely NOTHING creepy about Courage as a kid. Especially the whole King Ramses thing. I'm seeing these few people going "Was I the only one scared of him as a kid?"

Here's MY question. Was I the only one who got up and started dancing the second his theme started playing as a kid and wasn't scared?

Really? The only one? XD

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
People like you absolutely confuse me.

There was absolutely NOTHING creepy about Courage as a kid. Especially the whole King Ramses thing. I'm seeing these few people going "Was I the only one scared of him as a kid?"

Here's MY question. Was I the only one who got up and started dancing the second his theme started playing as a kid and wasn't scared?

Really? The only one? XD
If you weren't scared as a child of the "return the slide" monster. You're either:
1- A courageous child, which is rare.
2- An absolute Psycho.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol yeah Jake was my favorite character, I liked Windsor though too

Back on the nostalgia topic, has anyone bothered to listen to music from outside their childhood time period (meaning the 90's for the most of us)? For a long time, I was addicted to the 80's XM station and I think a lot of it beats what's popular on the radio today.

Meanwhile, I'm listening to a 90's rock/metal station and first song is Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood. Seriously, I must have been under a rock all this time.
You mean before my time period or just in general? I listen to pretty much all genres besides rock/metal and country, but I do listen to soul and jazz from the 70's quite often

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If you weren't scared as a child of the "return the slide" monster. You're either:
1- A courageous child, which is rare.
2- An absolute Psycho.
Slab*

My mother and sister first scared me as a veeery young child be taking me on a surprise movie trip to see Starship Troopers and then afterwards every violent and gorey or just downright creepy horror movie that was coming out. (Stopping you beforehand, no. I'm not calling Starship Troopers a horror movie. I'm saying after that one, they got on a horror movie kick and dragged me along with them)

Seeing King Ramses compared to that once I was a bit older...He just looked funny to me. He just seemed like a very unenthusiastic bald guy trying to get his stuff back when he should be getting some meat on his bones. XD

Hell, stuff like Dead Space doesn't even get to me even though everyone else seems scared of it. Me and my buds forced one of our guys to play it in the dark at my birthday party and while one was just teasing him, I tried to make light of the situation by saying he was Elmer Fudd and the Necromorphs and other stuff were "Wabbits" he had to hunt.

It didn't stop him from crying, but it was fun...for me. ¦D

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, besides the whole harvest moon episode (don't care what anyone says, that damn moon is ****ing creepy), Courage didn't really scare me at all either haha

But then again we're talking about a person who has been playing Mortal Kombat and been witnessing blood and gore since he was 5 literally lol

Still loved it though

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not gonna lie, besides the whole harvest moon episode (don't care what anyone, that damn moon is ****ing creepy), Courage didn't really scare me at all either haha

But then again we're talking about a person who has been playing Mortal Kombat and been witnessing blood and gore since he was 5 literally lol

Still loved it though
I loved me some Mortal Kombat as a kid too. I don't know why the violence never bothered me. XD

I don't think I remember the Harvest Moon episode, though. o.o

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Slab*

My mother and sister first scared me as a veeery young child be taking me on a surprise movie trip to see Starship Troopers and then afterwards every violent and gorey or just downright creepy horror movie that was coming out. (Stopping you beforehand, no. I'm not calling Starship Troopers a horror movie. I'm saying after that one, they got on a horror movie kick and dragged me along with them)

Seeing King Ramses compared to that once I was a bit older...He just looked funny to me. He just seemed like a very unenthusiastic bald guy trying to get his stuff back when he should be getting some meat on his bones. XD

Hell, stuff like Dead Space doesn't even get to me even though everyone else seems scared of it. Me and my buds forced one of our guys to play it in the dark at my birthday party and while one was just teasing him, I tried to make light of the situation by saying he was Elmer Fudd and the Necromorphs and other stuff were "Wabbits" he had to hunt.

It didn't stop him from crying, but it was fun...for me. ¦D
Because you have experienced worse childhood horrors than King Ramsey's ghost, it didn't seem scary to you. But for the majority of the kids watching Courage, that episode was rated as the creepiest cartoon episode shown in Cartoon Network. A few weeks ago I was watching Cartoon Network with my kid brother and his friends, that episode was shown. Let me tell you, their facial expressions were priceless. However, I couldn't really enjoy laughing as much since my younger brother and I suffered the same fate as children.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
I had a similar situation. I had two older brothers and I grew up watching stuff like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, etc. I loved Courage the Cowardly Dog because of how surreal it was, but it never really creeped me out. I thought the harvest moon guy was funny and I liked the effect they used on him. The only time Courage the Cowardly Dog ever legitimately scared me was that damn violin girl in the episode in the run down hotel. That was some Large Marge crap right there.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I loved Courage the Cowardly dog. I don't remember being scared too much by it, but I enjoyed the creepy theme of the show.

Since it continues to be broadcast where I live, I watch it occasionally for nostalgia. :p

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I had a similar situation. I had two older brothers and I grew up watching stuff like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, etc. I loved Courage the Cowardly Dog because of how surreal it was, but it never really creeped me out. I thought the harvest moon guy was funny and I liked the effect they used on him. The only time Courage the Cowardly Dog ever legitimately scared me was that damn violin girl in the episode in the run down hotel. That was some Large Marge crap right there.
That wasn't so scary compared to King Ramsey's ghost, but that's my perspective. Another creepy episode I remember was the barber Fred episode.

RWB

Smash Ace
This has probably already been commented on(and if it has, please link me to the discussion, I'm interested)...

Mario KOs Megaman from centerstage as early as 79% with his D-Smash. Has Mario gotten a buff, is the blast line just closer, or is Mega Man just light?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think the only Courage the Cowardly Dog episode that has scared me was the episode with Katz.

But I liked scary themed shows like Courage and Ah Real Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom