• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I didn't find the barber episode creepy until I got older. So messed up
Exactly. Being alone with Courage in the bathroom... shoving "pancakes" down his throat. That's a real childhood ruiner :rolleyes:

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I really enjoyed the Freaky Fred episode as a kid and it wasn't until I got older that I realized how disturbing it really was. :laugh: Still one of my favorite episodes though.

Just look at that friendly face.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I take it you all have been watching that top ten most disturbing episodes of Courage clip on Youtube?

Anyways, back to something Super Smash Bros related. I think it's safe to say the Yellow Devil is a stage hazard akin to Ultimate Chimera. Hopefully there is enough advance warning of when he is about to appear on stage.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I take it you all have been watching that top ten most disturbing episodes of Courage clip on Youtube?.
Personally I haven't, I just seem to remember them from a decade ago. You can't simply forget a cartoon like Courage the cowardly dog :chuckle:

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
We grew up with the darkest cartoons... Courage the Cowardly Dog, Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Teen Titans, etc....

We turned out fine though. Right? Right!?
There is no cartoon darker than Courage the Cowardly Dog.... But we turned out fine.

or have we not?

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
The one episode I remember creeping me out as a kid when I watched Courage was the one with the moon. It just felt so out of place, and I've never seen anything like that put in a cartoon at the time.

Alzi

Smash Master
This has probably already been commented on(and if it has, please link me to the discussion, I'm interested)...

Mario KOs Megaman from centerstage as early as 79% with his D-Smash. Has Mario gotten a buff, is the blast line just closer, or is Mega Man just light?

I would say this would be due to the game still being early into development, either that or they purposely made the knock back like that just for the demo.

People who are saying yellow devil is a stage hazard, why would the trailer near the end be showing off a stage hazard it just doesn't make sense to me. Guess we have to play the waiting game to find out.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think My Gym Partner's a Monkey was my favorite show when I was younger. Jake was just the greatest character. :chuckle:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Need less of the scary part of Courage, and onto the funny, like when the giant foot kicked the train. <3

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
If they've really dipped such a beautiful stage into the territory of Brawl's Mario Bros. stage, I might just cry. It's pretty outrageous.

It seems really out there that they would include such a huge dude on the stage during regular gameplay. =/

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My Gym Partner is a Monkey gradually blurred into Camp Lazlo. I could never get into either shows.
I did like Chowder and Flapjack because it filled that void where Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy was.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
I would watch MGPaM and half an episode of Wacky Races every day before going to the bus in elementary school. I didn't even really like the show, it was just the best cartoon at 6:30 AM.

I don't know if Gargoyles has been mentioned, but that show was super good. It was like serious TMNT.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I would watch MGPaM and half an episode of Wacky Races every day before going to the bus in elementary school. I didn't even really like the show, it was just the best cartoon at 6:30 AM.

I don't know if Gargoyles has been mentioned, but that show was super good. It was like serious TMNT.
That was good one too.
Just to clarify, which one? The Cartoon Network one or the Nickalodeon one?
I have yet to watch the Nickalodeon one, but I've heard good things about it.
They also have this game coming out based off of the Nick show, which looks like it is TMNT: Akham Asylum in the sense it has very similar feel and look:

No WiiU version sadly :sadeyes:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Dude, when I was younger I used to watch Ren & Stimpy with my father. I did like the show, but back then I had this really weird feeling watching it sometimes, but I couldn't express how I felt. Now that I'm older and re-watched some episodes, I guess I could say back then I felt disturbed. Sometimes the show is very emotionally draining, if that makes any sense.

Wait... what are we talking about? This thread sometimes lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
TMNT '13 definitely blew my expectations out of the water. On a minor note, I like how the bodies of the four are actually made more different from each other whereas the two previous cartoons had very similar ones save for a few color differences. I think it helps on characterization.

And Splinter da bes.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Billy and Mandy was pretty good but looking back at it I feel it came fairly late in the whole dark absurd kind of programming fad. Still love the show though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My favorite shows as a kid probably where Pokémon, Rocket Power and SpongeBob. Yeah. Pretty damn basic ****.

Shoutout to Metal Overlord btw, just becaus I love you <3

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I loved Grim, one of my faves mainly because of Grim himself. <3 Mandy kinda annoyed me at times though, being mean all the time.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
That was good one too.
Just to clarify, which one? The Cartoon Network one or the Nickalodeon one?
I have yet to watch the Nickalodeon one, but I've heard good things about it.
They also have this game coming out based off of the Nick show, which looks like it is TMNT: Akham Asylum in the sense it has very similar feel and look:

No WiiU version sadly :sadeyes:
My bad. My gym partners a monkey was mediocre. Wacky Races was awesome.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I kinda feel sorry for Grim to be stuck with such a quick-tempered brat and an idiot, haha :laugh:. It was enjoyable. The adventures of Flapjack, despite being creepy and sick, was funny and entertaining.
God, how I missed the old Cartoon Network. Now it's just a big load of BS.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My bad. My gym partners a monkey was mediocre. Wacky Races was awesome.
Your bad? lol I wasn't saying you said anything wrong,
I was asking which TMNT show you were talking about?
This one?
Or this one?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
It's not exactly a new concept to the series. Several stages in Brawl like New Pork City and Distant Planet also do something similar.
Those were HUGE stages. Distant Planet not as much "huge", but there was much less of a problem there because it wasn't exactly a hazard if you just don't land on the Bulborb. And they never really had a chance for most peoples' preferences in stage choice. This is a flat stage with nothing but a moving platform. I play Smash too. This isn't the same.

The main problem for me is it won't be tourney viable if that's possibly true, and it's such a nice stage.

An Assist Trophy or other mode appearance is great, but please no more on-stage obstacles. I'd rather deal with things that AREN'T on the stage being a hazard to me, it reminds me of having to deal with knowing I might trip every 5 seconds.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Both were/are good, though the '03 one SUCKED after like the fourth season or something

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I expected the new Ninja Turtles to suck TBH, I hated the designs I saw of the characters prior to the series.

But the animation looks nice for the most part. I don't like the Teen Titans style anime emotion junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom