• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have a bit of stage fright, though it has decreased over the years....

Though I'm pretty talkative when hanging with friends.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I have a bit of stage fright, though it has decreased over the years....

Though I'm pretty talkative when hanging with friends.
Same here. When I'm with close friends or family i'm fine and I never shut up ^^; but otherwise i'm pretty quiet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A lot of times, I'm actually baffled at how shy some people can be. At times, it's flat out pathetic. You've got those that talk the talk with their friends, but have such a hard time interacting with strangers.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
A lot of times, I'm actually baffled at how shy some people can be. At times, it's flat out pathetic. You've got those that talk the talk with their friends, but have such a hard time interacting with strangers.
I was homeschooled a good chunk of my life then thrown into HS. It was baffling to me too. Because I myself fall into that category.. I got better interacting with strangers later granted but still.. At 21 now I can say i'm still a fair bit shy lol. Just not as much as before.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, very few people have heard me sing even though I do it all the time.

Speaking skills are good for me to though I have a hard time putting things into words. I can usually give presentations well even if I have a little stage fright.

Hi, :jigglypuff64: :jigglypuffmelee: :jigglypuff: :039:

:awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My problem is expressing myself without being self conscious. I was picked on as a child for being fat (nowhere near obese), emotional, and perceived as gay (I didn't even know that was a thing) and constantly being made fun of due to my naïveté. Thankfully, things have gotten better over the years.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
By the way, currently I'm browsing the Miiverse Super Smash Bros. community, and since I have an Nintendo Network ID and Wii U I might post pictures or write comments from time to time. Not an artist by the way, but getting messages across never hurts. Especially from something much more broad.

First message is this:

Again, not an artist...
At least it's not as bad as my first rendition of Zelda x Takamaru. I felt that somebody has to make a new pairing.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
My problem is expressing myself without being self conscious. I was picked on as a child for being fat (nowhere near obese), emotional, and perceived as gay (I didn't even know that was a thing) and constantly being made fun of due to my naïveté. Thankfully, things have gotten better over the years.
Ouch man. I'm sorry to hear that :<. Least it got better though. I'm glad to hear that part ^^

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not to mention that I was the closest thing to effeminate in my class (not near EEnE Jimmy levels), didn't like sports and simply didn't understand the guys in class.

Being different sucks. I'm going to be like everyone and live a mediocre life!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I too have a bit of a shy streak/stage fright when it comes to performing or talking in large presentations.

I still do to a degree.

But in person with people or friends I'm much better. It's weird. I can talk to just about any stranger naturally in say the grocery store, but if you tell me ''SING FOR THAT PERSON."

I'm gonna freeze up and sweat like I ate 78 Habanero's all at once.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not to mention that I was the closest thing to effeminate in my class (not near EEnE Jimmy levels), didn't like sports and simply didn't understand the guys in class.

Tell me about it...elementary school was the worst for me. Never got into sports, other than curling, which is awesome, and in my opinion, easier to understand than most other sports. Always picked on for it. That, and I was also incredibly naive. Combine that with the fact that I was actually hurt for it in second-or-so grade, and then I became entirely to myself and introverted, and cripplingly shy around people I don't know well. And women. But eh, I've gotten a fair bit better now, thank god...

..but yeah. If people would start looking at what's the same, instead of what's different...well, who knows?

I'm gonna freeze up and sweat like I ate 78 Habanero's all at once.

H-Habanero?!?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

**** them for making you feel that way dude.

This world needs to learn different is what makes it go around. If we were all the same. Do you think we'd have developed as a civilization like we have?

NOPE.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

I know them feels. :chuckle:

I had to deal with that a LOT in elementary and middle school (mostly the latter, **** middle school), but now that I'm a senior in high school, it doesn't happen hardly ever, and when it does, I shrug it off.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I had some whispers and back talking behind my back all through high school. Elementary was definitely worse.

But when it came to people for making fun of me for who I liked or what I liked to do, or didn't like to do. I just kind of held my head up and found a way to not let them take away from me what made me.

They stopped coming directly to me calling me ''gay" or "he likes to perform/sing", "why is he so popular when he's gay." , because I just showed them I wasn't gonna let them get to me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The moral of this discussion: Never ask what hotdogs are made of and that trainers gonna train.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
For bullies it's all about that response they get out of people, they're like emotional terrorists, they need other people's sadness to be happy because they themselves are sad.

Basically people suck.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Kuma, you and I are just alike. Dealt with the same issue and are are improving over the years after these incidents. This is why I would rather remember my high school life than my elementary school life. Just be glad that you don't have to see those ******* anymore.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thanks, guys. I'm alive and well so that's all that really matters. I don't even hold anything against them. Though I'll admit I had more than my share of urges to beat them up back then. Except I'd get into a lot of trouble an no one likes it when the victim fights back.

If it were today though, I still wouldn't beat them up, but that's partially because I'd overdo it in the pain department.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I went through some similar **** growing up, Kuma. I know what it's like to be **** on all the time for things outside of your control. I empathize.

Smooth Criminal

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And then I had a brief relapse when my state FGC gave me trash for my obnoxious playstyle (and it's only gotten better). Nowadays, the collective community has mellowed out and actually want me to come out of the woodwork to play SF4. I have even one guy who LIKES the unique challenge I provide.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well, very few people have heard me sing even though I do it all the time.

Speaking skills are good for me to though I have a hard time putting things into words. I can usually give presentations well even if I have a little stage fright.
I see the conversation has turned to stage fright.

This is me getting ready for my role as the Pharaoh in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Stage fright be darned! I went up and did a hardcore Elvis impersonation to huge crowds for 3 days. If I can embarrass myself that badly, you can too!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And then I had a brief relapse when my state FGC gave me trash for my obnoxious playstyle (and it's only gotten better). Nowadays, the collective community has mellowed out and actually want me to come out of the woodwork to play SF4. I have even one guy who LIKES the unique challenge I provide.
Wait, you're challenging to play against? :troll:

Smooth Criminal

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd say annoying is more like it. A lot of my reads come across as guesses.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Again, maybe Mario just needs new enemies to fight.

Bowser's thing is breathing fire and kidnapping, maybe just create a new villain with new gimmicks
Bowser is the villain of Super Mario Bros. series. Donkey Kong is the villain of Mario vs. Donkey Kong series. Wart is the villain of Super Mario Bros. 2. Tatanga is the villain of Super Mario Land. Wario is the villain of Super Mario Land 2. The other villains with gimmicks are in Mario RPG games.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I kinda wonder, is Rare even Rare anymore?

Given how low profile they've been, and what they've been working on (they don't seem to be making many games similar to what they did in the Nintendo era), I wouldn't be surprised if they've already lost most of the people who worked on DKC, Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, etc.
All the people who have made Rare what it is today was in 2002 have all left. They are actually planning on coming together and making a new studio from scratch. They said they are going to announce a game in the works for WiiU in 2014. They also are making a game called Rusty Pup for the eShop I believe.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I have stage freight baaaaaaaaaaaad lol I'm not good with talking and putting my thoughts into words

Can't stand being the center of attention either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom