• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nah, I think they will look at least as good as Melee. I don't believe the 3DS is that weak. :/

I just hope they won't be divided too much from each other in terms of content for both games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If it's anything like the only fighting games I have on the 3DS, they'll significantly lower the graphics on the stages and items and try and make the models of the characters look as good as they can while including the different modes.

I wonder if it'll be along the lines of Smash 64 in appearance with character models that are slightly better than that
If SF4 on the 3DS is any indication, I'd say around Gamecube level or slightly below the Wii.

Otherwise though, the resolution will be lower than on the WiiU. Memory isn't as large of an issue as most may think when you take that into account.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how you will play Smash 4 on the 3DS, will the 2 games be different? Will 3DS have all of the modes?
I'm thinking only a few modes won't make it. The capabilities seem to allow the 3DS to do quite much, so I think very little will be lacking between games

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think the 3DS version will have much of the content found in the Wii U version but with weaker graphics and maybe even some content/features exclusive to the 3DS version.

Also, HAPPY END OF THE WORLD DAY! :awesome:

crteck

Smash Rookie
it will be called SMASH BROS U (just plain U) becuase SBU will be about U by adding a almost spartian ops mode kinda like but not really

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just ignore him. He bumped a 6 month old Popeye for Smash topic just to say "that idea throw me of". Obviously a bot/super noob.

And Smash 4 is not going to be called SMASH BROS U by any means. Sakurai can do and will do much better than that.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
And Smash 4 is not going to be called SMASH BROS U by any means. Sakurai can do and will do much better than that.
Now that you mention this, how much influence would you say a game director (be it Sakurai, Omar Kendall, Kojima, Bleszinski, Miyamoto, Kamiya etc etc...) has over the final name or title of the product? The name of a game doesn't have any sort of effect on the game itself but hearing the name of the game is people's first exposure to the existence of game, the name has to be marketable and to some extent sum up the gameplay experience in a single or couple of words.

In this case I think that in Japan Sakurai would have a large say but for NA the name for the new Smash title would be left up to NOA marketing or a localization team.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Personally I think Super Smash Bros. Clash for the Wii U version and Super Smash Bros. Tussle for the 3DS version would be appropriate to continue the theme of naming the installments after a word involving fighting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If SF4 on the 3DS is any indication, I'd say around Gamecube level or slightly below the Wii.

Otherwise though, the resolution will be lower than on the WiiU. Memory isn't as large of an issue as most may think when you take that into account.
The stages had some 64 quality parts to them. Anything moving was sprites and looked like paper cut outs

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. Uproar.
You know it to be true. :awesome:
As for the 3DS one, it will be named after the title of the single player mode, since it's supposed to emphasize single player.
And it will begin with something like 3, 30, 300, etc., then something that starts with a D, then finally something that starts with an S. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
FISTICUFFZ I SAY!

Wouldn't be upset with just Super Smash Bros. U, or Universe either. Universe seems the most likely cause you know, it's multiple game universe merged in one.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Super Smash Bros. Uproar.
You know it to be true. :awesome:
As for the 3DS one, it will be named after the title of the single player mode, since it's supposed to emphasize single player.
And it will begin with something like 3, 30, 300, etc., then something that starts with a D, then finally something that starts with an S. :troll:
Hmmm.... Super Smash Bros. Three Dimensional Dual Screen? :awesome:

I think Universe for the Wii U and Clash for 3DS would be fine.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not really, uproar just means "Noisy Excitement"

Melee and Brawl are fights

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah because uproar = close combat between many individuals. Brawls and melees can cause uproars but that doesn't mean they're the same thing.

Thanks for showing me what online thesaurus not to use.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What about assault or blitz?
If the game somehow doesn't do well, Assault has a nice abbreviation for the potential opinions. In other words, people can say it's ***.

On a serious note, both are pretty good. I think they could do something else for a name. I don't think it needs to be a Fight-based synonym though. I like Universe for the Wii U version. Because tons of Universes are Colliding, so... As for the 3DS version... that one's more difficult.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Super smash bros rumble for the 3ds and Super smash bros. Collision for the WiiU because the way I see it where do go from universe.

D

Deleted member

Yeah because uproar = close combat between many individuals. Brawls and melees can cause uproars but that doesn't mean they're the same thing.

Thanks for showing me what online thesaurus not to use.
Thanks for showing me that you are the type of person that is not willing to accept that there are different meanings for words other than what you feel is right.

Out of curiosity, which is the "wrong" definition of the word "gay" by your standards? Happy or Homosexual?
Clearly, both cannot be right, so you tell me which is the wrong one so I can put that issue to rest.

EDIT: Hmm, Merriam-Webster lists "melee" as a related word to uproar. http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/uproar
Are you going to tell me that Merriam-Webster is wrong?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Thanks for showing me that you are the type of person that is not willing to accept that there are different meanings for words other than what you feel is right.

Out of curiosity, which is the "wrong" definition of the word "gay" by your standards? Happy or Homosexual?
Clearly, both cannot be right, so you tell me which is the wrong one so I can put that issue to rest.

EDIT: Hmm, Merriam-Webster lists "melee" as a related word to uproar. http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/uproar
Are you going to tell me that Merriam-Webster is wrong?
I'll let Merriam-Webster answer that. As you can see the word gay, which has multiple definitions, is dependent on context for meaning. In our culture the main connotation we have of the word gay is homosexual; this means that we generally see the main definition of gay as related to homosexuality. However, this doesn't make it the only definition since gay also means happy, bright, lively and licentious by denotation (as seen in MW's page) and some people's connotation.

As for your edit, MW is right; uproar is related to the word melee (and brawl for that matter) but it is not a synonym.

EDIT: Considering that gay issues can be touchy subjects among certain groups and people you should have used a less controversial word to use as an example.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Has 'uproar' evolved over time to mean something other than originally intended? Is the cause of it's relation cultural and linguistic change?
No, one of the ways people have always used 'uproar', to the extent of my knowledge, is as similar to a literal physical fight, much like a riot, or brawl, or melee.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Heres other meaning's of uproar,1.A loud and impassioned noise or disturbance: "the room was in an uproar".2.A public expression of protest or outrage. It's got all kinds of meanings lol.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uproar (Japanese: さわぐ Clamor) is a damage-dealing Normal-type move introduced in Generation III.

Uproar will deal 50-power damage for 2-5 turns. During this time, the user cannot use another move. Uproar will negate any attempts to inflict sleep while it is under effect and will wake up any sleeping Pokémon on the field when it starts.
Uproar will immediately stop after failing against a Ghost-type Pokémon or a Pokémon with the Soundproof Ability.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Uproar,To me isn't that big of a name for smash 4,I see them nameing it something more powerful.

Re·Dux Is more Intertaining,Its meaning is.

Adjective

Brought back,revived: "the 1980s were more than the 50’s redux".

(Super Smash Bros Redux) Little cachy ain't it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Still say that clash would be better.

The clash of Nintendo's titans in a never ending war for dominance and honor. A clash where the big and small wager their lives in order to satisfy a crowd of millions.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm still partial to Strife, personally.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
WHat if they changed the name of the series like... Ultra Fighter Champions Universe
That wouldn't ridiculous enough.

The Super Endless Mysterious Punch-Out Legend of Legendary Balloon Climber Pikmin and Cubivore IcarusBound's Eternal Rhythm Rolling Dream Land Emblem De Pon Country IslandWare Chronicles Vacation Mania Wii: GX Prime Assault Star Successor Dark Dawn Art of The Sword Spin Cycle Wild World Emerald Version Champions + Cats.

Now that you see up there is a title. You know you'd play a game with a title like that. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom