• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Only if Rare allows Nintendo to use it. ;)
Something tells me Nintendo would've gotten the rights to that car. I believe all derivative works of Starfox and Donkey Kong were given to Nintendo back then. This would mean that, by extension, Diddy's car design would belong to Nintendo, but none of the original characters in that game would belong to Nintendo as DKR was more or less a sneak peek of Rare's works at the time.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Diddy Kong Racing wasn't originally even going to involve Diddy Kong at all. It was going to be it's own title named Wild Cartoon Kingdom (later renamed to Adventure Racers, then to Pro Am 64), but Miyamoto suggested adding Diddy Kong to make it more marketable. Rare actually hated the idea at first, but did it anyway. The late addition of Diddy is why the final product had very little to do with any of the Donkey Kong games. It seems that the cancelled Donkey Kong Racing and Diddy Kong Pilot were going to rectify this problem by involving more Donkey Kong related content.

Also Diddy Kong Racing in the very early stages was originally going to be a real time strategy game involving cavemen, with some of the concepts reused for the final product.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Well, didn't DKR come out on the DS or something?

Yes, although admittedly handhelds are still fair game for Rare (and other Microsoft-connected studios) so long as Microsoft isn't in the portable market. I think I read there was even briefly talks of a Halo game for the GBA.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The Halo game on the Game Boy Advance was a rumor which was quickly disproved by Bungie, which stated that such an Idea between Nintendo and Microsoft wouldn't work out.

But there was a tech demo for a Halo game for the DS, which was basically a conceptual pitch that didn't get green lit.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The person who came up with that idea should be slapped in the face.

That said, they seem to have executed the idea very well, more reason to slap him in the face so I guess it's ok.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
BTW, I presume that Sonic would make a special 3rd-Party appearance in Super Smash Kart in his All-Stars Racing car... even though he could conceivably take part without a vehicle?

Ove

Smash Journeyman
even though he could conceivably take part without a vehicle?
This is getting tiresome... You can't discuss that game without bringing this up. When will people learn that Sonic is faster than the karts in both Mario Kart and Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing? Obviously, it wouldn't make for a good game if he were running.

In a car, he is in the same condition as everyone else.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Something tells me Nintendo would've gotten the rights to that car. I believe all derivative works of Starfox and Donkey Kong were given to Nintendo back then. This would mean that, by extension, Diddy's car design would belong to Nintendo, but none of the original characters in that game would belong to Nintendo as DKR was more or less a sneak peek of Rare's works at the time.
Then where is our Donkey Kong Country 1 - 3 on Virtual Console Store? I should have bought them but I kept prolonged.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think games are more of an issue because the Virtual Console releases are straight ports with no changes made for them other than to accommodate the controllers. Case in point, the Rare logo and anything else belonging to them would still show up in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if the GBA ports were made to "rectify" this issue.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
We are. In the Roster Discussion Thread. It's lulzy, and Zelda Informer has already reported on it, which makes it more lulzy. :awesome:
Oh yeah... Other threads... I forgot they existed. I miss the old thread. :(

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What proof does he have that he's an actual Bamco employee?

All I see are some general things many people have been thinking about along with somethings that sound crazy but can still happen because we don't know **** about the internal dev process and stuff.
and all I see is that rumor or whatever that "Namco Bandai employee" says is obviously fake. he has no evidence to back whatever statements done. so I would forget about it. that is nothing more than a troll post to get attention.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The guy is saying things I'd love to have in the next Smash but because of that I'm having really big doubts that he's telling the truth.

And I need a much better source than a guy from GameFAQs saying "I work at Namco".

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
We are. In the Roster Discussion Thread. It's lulzy, and Zelda Informer has already reported on it, which makes it more lulzy. :awesome:
Where would I got for the discussion of the E3 2013 Smash bros. 4 demo\trailer rumor?

- From Wii U

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
You can post about it in here, Monkey. You can also look around the Smash 4 section of the site for a thread but we get a bit of everything in this particular thread so stick around.

and all I see is that rumor or whatever that "Namco Bandai employee" says is obviously fake. he has no evidence to back whatever statements done. so I would forget about it. that is nothing more than a troll post to get attention.
So you fully believe everything that this person claiming to work for the North American Bamco branch is saying? No doubts or skepticism on at least one claim?

The guy is saying things I'd love to have in the next Smash but because of that I'm having really big doubts that he's telling the truth.

And I need a much better source than a guy from GameFAQs saying "I work at Namco".
Agreed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So you fully believe everything that this person claiming to work for the North American Bamco branch is saying? No doubts or skepticism on at least one claim?
I put Namco Bandai employee italic and between quotes to indicate sarcasm.

I don't believe anything about that rumor. It's clearly a troll post, in other words, someone wanting attention, and how is he getting it!

long story short: it's fake.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
that, too, is on the Roster Speculation Thread...

putting it crudely, it's basically Sakurai telling us to wait patiently without overspeculation and other such nonsense.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I've seen worse grammar and punctuation so I just assume people who write things like that are generally those who can't do much about it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=192834

The link above is an actual message from Sakurai.

TL;DR He's been hardly writing on Twitter so he can put all effort into Smash, hates speculations that run and spread wildly, talks about his past balancing procedures, and telling us to continue waiting.
I can imagine how much he's irritated by the rampant speculation from a single thing he says. The fanboys gotta take a chill pill and just learn to take things at face value at times. Unless he's deliberately being cryptic, there's no need for crazy speculation.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
For the rumored demo that is said to be unvield at E3 2013, i think Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Link and possibly DK would be a good sample roster.

:Wiiu:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've seen worse grammar and punctuation so I just assume people who write things like that are generally those who can't do much about it.
fortunately, you can't say that about me, despite English not being my first language (though I did start to learn English at around age 7-8).

For the rumored demo that is said to be unvield at E3 2013, i think Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Link and possibly DK would be a good sample roster.

no newcomers? seems too little, even for a demo.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
fortunately, you can't say that about me, despite English not being my first language (though I did start to learn English at around age 7-8).

no newcomers? seems too little, even for a demo.
Well from the rumors it sounds more like a beta testing type of demo, rather than a starting roster demo. i think 5-6 playable characters seems appropriate (Similar to Playstation Allstar's Beta). I believe the demo is meant to help refine the online structure more than anything, so having decent demo roster isn't a main focus i think.

I do think however, who ever is revealed in this initial trailer is set to be in the demo. So we might see some suprise characters like King K. Rool, or even 3rd party ones like pacman/megaman seeing how snake was introduced.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
read that post^

dont believe it is real lul

although ridley and king k rool are probably going to be in

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I can imagine how much he's irritated by the rampant speculation from a single thing he says. The fanboys gotta take a chill pill and just learn to take things at face value at times. Unless he's deliberately being cryptic, there's no need for crazy speculation.
Did anyone notice how he said fox was pretty much in the middle? Surely it's a co-incidence, surely he doesn't know about western competitive smash...

Oh good, it's online rankings, I was right then.

But... how do you get online rankings? o.O

Probably a dev thing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Did anyone notice how he said fox was pretty much in the middle? Surely it's a co-incidence, surely he doesn't know about western competitive smash...

Oh good, it's online rankings, I was right then.

But... how do you get online rankings? o.O

Probably a dev thing.
Yeah, sounds like a developer thing. The thing is that the rankings would tell him nothing as it's, as far as we know, a collective win-loss ratio. As such, you'll have players of many skill ranges playing these characters and all these characters have a variety of learning curves.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well that would still mean he's getting a decent idea of things. Assuming fox is in the middle, it'd probably be safe to say chars such as MK, Snake and perhaps Pika/Marth would still be pretty high and chars such as Ganon, Zelda, Lucas and Ness (but here it would be a lack of representation because no-one wants to play the PSI kids in that lag... :( ) would still be rather low.

It'd probs be skewed on chars like Olimar and Sheik though.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, sounds like a developer thing. The thing is that the rankings would tell him nothing as it's, as far as we know, a collective win-loss ratio. As such, you'll have players of many skill ranges playing these characters and all these characters have a variety of learning curves.
So the man has unique and exclusive information, but it must be wrong.

I'm sure the guy is smart enough to know what he's looking at and make decisions on his game.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Man, Sakurai sounds as annoyed as any long time fan with other rabbid fans. I say good, get off twitter and finish the game.

He undoubtedly knows who are the most requested characters and the roster was probably finalized ages ago so yes go away and hide. Glad he said we won't be getting info for a while either. Phony leaks and such will seem all the more stupid.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh darn, I see...

Anyway, Sakurai seems the kinda guy who notices what's being said moreso than a few other devs. I can understand his annoyance.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So the man has unique and exclusive information, but it must be wrong.

I'm sure the guy is smart enough to know what he's looking at and make decisions on his game.
While statistics don't lie, there can misinterpretations of the statistics.

When you take skill into account, the interpretation of the results can be rather difficult to make as there is no way to distinguish between a pro level player and someone who's just starting with that character. Suddenly, the meaning of a win or loss changes completely.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
How does everyone on here think the 3DS version will be? I'm slightly nervous since I'm not entirely sure how I feel about a handheld version of Super Smash Bros yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom