• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I noticed more issues with the camera in Super Mario 64 than Super Mario Sunshine or Galaxy. Haven't played Galaxy 2, but the original is near perfection.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah...Sunshine's camera issues....That, and the random glitches, like when you hover and go through buildings (Delfino Plaza) and then die wth?, are the biggest issues for me, but I still love the game.

Edit: Since we're kind of in a rut as far as news, and since this is kinda Smash related, I think it's worth discussing this.

Would any of you be interested in playing "Super Smash Kart"?
I can't believe I haven't heard Transformed before. 0.0 I'm so oblivious to like Wii U news.

The most recent Mario Kart game I have is Wii, and racing as characters from the Mario world is not the major reason why I bought the game (or at least not any more). I mean, I do have favourite Mario characters, but the majority of them aren't in the Mario Kart games, only a few. Kamek...my babe...where are ya? T~T Having a "Nintendo Kart" (separate from the Mario Kart series, though) game and including various Nintendo characters would be appealing and refreshing for me. Heck, I'd buy the game just for the characters and game play, of course. I mean, playing as Fox, Kirby (lol), maybe even a pokemon trainer, etc...imo, would be awesome.

The idea does seem a bit weird, though. Like the idea of seeing Link in a go-kart (if it has to come to this)...Eh, I guess I could get used to it. Even the idea of Sonic driving a car was weird to me at first, but in the end I liked it. The developers are all artists, I'm sure they could come up with a way to make things seem less "weird" and more refreshing, especially with variety (courses, karts, etc). So, I don't think idea is too :083:.
tl;dr Yep, I'd be interested in "Super Smash Kart" :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah...Sunshine's camera issues....That, and the random glitches, like when you hover and go through buildings (Delfino Plaza) and then die wth?, are the biggest issues for me, but I still love the game.

I can't believe I haven't heard Transformed before. 0.0 I'm so oblivious to like Wii U news.

The most recent Mario Kart game I have is Wii, and racing as characters from the Mario world is not the major reason why I bought the game (or at least not any more). I mean, I do have favourite Mario characters, but the majority of them aren't in the Mario Kart games, only a few. Kamek...my babe...where are ya? T~T Having a "Nintendo Kart" (separate from the Mario Kart series, though) game and including various Nintendo characters would be appealing and refreshing for me. Heck, I'd buy the game just for the characters and game play, of course. I mean, playing as Fox, Kirby (lol), maybe even a pokemon trainer, etc...imo, would be awesome.

The idea does seem a bit weird, though. Like the idea of seeing Link in a go-kart (if it has to come to this)...Eh, I guess I could get used to it. Even the idea of Sonic driving a car was weird to me at first, but in the end I liked it. The developers are all artists, I'm sure they could come up with a way to make things seem less "weird" and more refreshing, especially with variety (courses, karts, etc). So, I don't think idea is too :083:.
tl;dr Yep, I'd be interested in "Super Smash Kart" :p
At least it pushes Nintendo to make tracks as good as SEGA and have a new racer instead of the same old Mario Kart that went downhill since Wii.

Besides, who wouldn't want to see a Legend of Zelda or Metroid track?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
At least it pushes Nintendo to make tracks as good as SEGA and have a new racer instead of the same old Mario Kart that went downhill since Wii.
While I agree that MKWii was a fairly weak game the track design throughout the series (including MK7) has been quite good imo.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Besides, who wouldn't want to see a Legend of Zelda or Metroid track?
Ikr? Just the idea of racing through Hyrule field is amazing. WATCH OUT FOR THE BOMBSKITS! *gets blown up* Or a Pikmin inspired track. WATCH OUT FOR THE FIERY BLOWHOGS! *gets scorched* I don't own any Metroid games, but a Metroid track would be really cool to see...A Giygas's Lair inspired track, anyone? :troll: I could picture the imagination of the developers running wild when it comes to making the tracks. XD There's so much potential...ah well...Am I be a fool for keeping my fingers crossed for a game like this?

But, yeah. Overall, I do like the new tracks that are in Mario Kart Wii. But I just wish that some of the retro tracks were, uh, better choices. But this is totally my opinion on that matter. But one thing's for certain, I really want to see Baby Park or something similar in Mario Kart Wii U. c:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm still waiting for Captain Falcon to make a guest appearance in Mario Kart. We already got the Blue Falcon in Mario Kart Wii, so why not Captain Falcon?

Alternatively, Kirby or Pit. Maybe even Sonic.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
While I would love racing through some areas from other Nintendo series, I feel that some series just wouldn't work well with the whole kart-motif and hyper cartoony-ness that's already been established. Even though some might disagree, I would however, enjoy seeing a WarioWare character or two in Mario Kart. I mean, MK has already dabbled in crossing over with DKC characters, and WarioWare is, granted, not as close, but still a Mario offshoot. Plus those characters are just as cartoony and IMO would still fit in decently. Plus, Diamond City (where WarioWare takes place) has already been in Mario Kart GP.

I really don't see other (non-Mario related) Nintendo series becoming part of MK anyway though (in a capacity larger than Blue Falcon-style kart cameos), as both Mario Kart and the actual Nintendo crossover (Smash) are still highly profitable and not in need of drastic redesign.

D

Deleted member

Mario Kart also had the Mach Bike.

So if Falcon gets a guest appearance, so should Mach Rider.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I love Mario Kart 7 but it saddens me that it lacks other things to do besides racing. DS & Wii had mission modes so it baffled me why 7 didn't have it. And I also didn't like the fact that 7 uses MK Wii's TERRIBLE Balloon Battle mode (timed battle is nowhere near as epic as 64's or DS's last man standing rules). The character roster wasn't as great either (no Waluigi, my most fave racer??!!)

Mario Kart Wii is definitely my least favorite Mario Kart game in the series. The game is poorly, POORLY balanced in both racers/vehicles and items (the item balance feels something like this). So poorly balanced it ruined the fun for me. And like I said above, Mario Kart Wii COMPLETELY RUINED the amazing Balloon Battle mode. What's the effin' point of running out of balloons if you come back with three more (again, timed matches gives off no challenge compared to last man standing)? The online on other hand was AMAZING.

As of now, I've been playing Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (Thank you for it being emulatable!! :awesome: )

As for Sumo Digital's quote on their idea for Mario Kart, no thank you. The Mario Kart series has had guest characters in the past (R.O.B., Mii. Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Blinky, & Mametchi) and I would love to see more guest characters in the future. If it they did make a Nintendo Kart, it might have a hard time competing with Mario Kart (or even Super Smash Bros.). Plus I'm fine with the SSB for our Nintendo crossovers for now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is why I always felt that Mario Kart needs to take a page from the fantastic Snowboard Kids - a means of defending from just about every item. That game let you defend yourself by jumping underneath items, deflecting them, and just plain going around. The only three exceptions were the ghost that slowed you down, the money stealing mouse, and the frying pan which could be avoided with the Invisibility Mode item.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I kind of wish they went for a new character for their paper series instead of using the mario universe, mostly because while I actually like the paper series, I wouldn't want another mario in smash. I already don't like 2 links
For the same reason they turned Dinosaur Planet into Star Fox Adventures and Prince Fluff's game into Kirby's Epic Yarn and Panel de Pon into Tetris Attack and some random fighting game with polygons into Super Smash Bros. It's about using cash cow characters to market these games to make profits.

:phone:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just remembered something: In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, in one of Luigi's stories he tells to Mario, one of them was him going to a place called Circuit Break Island. Here is what Luigi said about it:

- There are kart races almost everyday.
- Winner becomes king of the island for the day.
- Karts are supercharged machines that could send you airborne.
- Karts are armed with missiles and bazookas.
- The rules are "anything goes".
- The drivers were crazed.
- The Karts can drive backwards at great speeds and they are very lethal.

I wouldn't mind having a Mario Kart like that. :troll:

Ove

Smash Journeyman
This is why I always felt that Mario Kart needs to take a page from the fantastic Snowboard Kids - a means of defending from just about every item.
That's so great about MKDD; you can dodge red shells as well as blue shells. To dodge blue shells, you will need a mushroom, but I think you can dodge them with a well timed mini boost.

Nevertheless, dodging red shells is simply great.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
This is why I always felt that Mario Kart needs to take a page from the fantastic Snowboard Kids - a means of defending from just about every item. That game let you defend yourself by jumping underneath items, deflecting them, and just plain going around. The only three exceptions were the ghost that slowed you down, the money stealing mouse, and the frying pan which could be avoided with the Invisibility Mode item.

Woah! I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that game!

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Also, I don't know what I'd think about a "Super Smash Kart". It's one thing for there to be fights between characters from wildly different series, but to put them in Mario Kart is different.

Remember, SSB has always had wildly different characters from wildly different series and from wildly different art styles going at it. But Mario Kart has long had a specific art style and feel going on. To suddenly drop Link or Captain Falcon in there would be weird.

However, some of the more cartoony Smashers would be neat. After all, Pac-Man was in the arcade Mario Kart and it didn't look weird. So I guess it wouldn't be too weird if the Kirby characters, Ice Climbers (Double Dash style) and maybe Olimar were to show up. ROB already has in the DS Kart.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The reason why Pac-Man (and Ms. Pac-Man, Blinky, and Mametchi) appeared in the arcade games is because Namco-Bandai put in way more work into the games than Nintendo did (in fact, it kinda looks like Nintendo only licensed the games) . This could be the reason why the arcade games are not recognized in the main series games (such a shame).

But since I've been playing Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (thanks to emulation), I finally got see what every single Mario Kart game has to offer (BTW, since Arcade GP 2 has every single character/track/items/modes/etc from the first arcade game plus new stuff, it feels way more than like an upgraded port than a sequel)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nintendo Kart would only work with a majority of Mario characters.

the only other characters that would fit besides them would be... Kirby series characters, Kid Icarus characters, each of the Ice Cliimbers, R.O.B. (who has appeared in MKDS), Star Fox characters, Olimar, F-Zero characters and some EarthBound characters. the Pokémon characters would work as well.

there could be vehicles based on those franchises as well, like Exo Tanks, Warp Stars and the Blue Falcon.

characters like those from Zelda (except maybe Tingle, no kidding), Fire Emblem and Metroid would look out of place in a mascot racing game.

[COLLAPSE="Possible roster (feat. 42 characters) for a "Smash Kart""]Small sized:
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Paratroopa
Dry Bones
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Popo
Nana
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Lucas
Olimar
Tingle

Medium sized:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Pit
Dark Pit
Captain Falcon
Fox
Kirby
Meta Knight

Big sized:
Wario
Waluigi (WAAAA)
Rosalina
Bowser
Donkey Kong
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Metal Mario
Palutena
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Wolf
R.O.B.
King Dedede
[/COLLAPSE]

would you buy a Nintendo-themed kart racing game if it had this roster? I sure would.

well, I must admit that this roster is overrun by Mario characters, since I based it on MKWii's roster. if only Nintendo did this...

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo Kart
[COLLAPSE="Possible roster (feat. 42 characters) for a "Smash Kart""]Small sized:
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Paratroopa
Dry Bones
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Popo
Nana
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Lucas
Olimar
Tingle

Medium sized:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Pit
Dark Pit
Captain Falcon
Fox
Kirby
Meta Knight

Big sized:
Wario
Waluigi (WAAAA)
Rosalina
Bowser
Donkey Kong
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Metal Mario
Palutena
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Wolf
R.O.B.
King Dedede
[/COLLAPSE]

would you buy a Nintendo-themed kart racing game if it had this roster? I sure would.

well, I must admit that this roster is overrun by Mario characters, since I based it on MKWii's roster. if only Nintendo did this...
I would so play this. It'd be so fun to play as Olimar and Ness. for me at least

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I'd hope that Ness's "kart" would actually be the Runaway Five's tour bus. Any pokemon character would have it be based on the Zero-One from Pokemon Snap, although I guess maybe they could do a Kart version of that Pikachu VW Beetle they had for awhile.

Only Zelda character that could work would be the "Toon" characters. Like I guess Toon Link could maybe take part if his kart was sufficiently steampunky or something.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
can't believe I forgot Toon Link...! O_o

he would work fine along with Toon Zelda because of their cartoonish appearence.

[COLLAPSE="Roster V2 (now with 46 characters) for "Smash Kart""]Small sized:
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Paratroopa
Dry Bones
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Hammer Bro.
Tingle
Popo
Nana
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Lucas
Olimar

Medium sized:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Toon Link
Pit
Dark Pit
Captain Falcon
Fox
Kirby
Meta Knight

Big sized:
Wario
Waluigi (WAAAA)
Rosalina
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Metal Mario
Palutena
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Wolf
R.O.B.
King Dedede
[/COLLAPSE]
added Toon Link, Hammer Bro. and Petey Piranha! 46 characters for a kart racing game... I really am megalomaniac...! º_º

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
When making pie-in-the-sky dream Video Games, there is no such thing as megalomania.

Anyway, something I realized: If there were to be "alternate costumes" instead of alternate coloring, they could introduce Pokemon sexual bimorphism.

It's like this, in Pokemon games, female Pikachu's have a V-shaped dent in their tail. The SSB Pikachu has always been male and only male, as it has lacked that V-shaped dent.

Discuss.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When making pie-in-the-sky dream Video Games, there is no such thing as megalomania.

Anyway, something I realized: If there were to be "alternate costumes" instead of alternate coloring, they could introduce Pokemon sexual bimorphism.

It's like this, in Pokemon games, female Pikachu's have a V-shaped dent in their tail. The SSB Pikachu has always been male and only male, as it has lacked that V-shaped dent.

Discuss.
true that! no such thing as megalomania! =D

this is also an idea I had when talking about alt. costumes.

Pikachu has the tail difference and for the different colors, Pikachu would have feminine accessories like flowers or ribbons, instead of hats. could also have Leaf's hat from FR/LG just like Jigglypuff.

I think the only Pokémon with gender differences in Smash is Pikachu.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
true that! no such thing as megalomania! =D

this is also an idea I had when talking about alt. costumes.

Pikachu has the tail difference and for the different colors, Pikachu would have feminine accessories like flowers or ribbons, instead of hats. could also have Leaf's hat from FR/LG just like Jigglypuff.

I think the only Pokémon with gender differences in Smash is Pikachu.
It is. And the only possible candidates is Blaziken (which I don't see being included now-it's chance is passed- unless if it's part of a Sinnoh-style female pokemon trainer that uses Blaziken, Grovyle and Mudkip).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nintendo Kart would only work with a majority of Mario characters.

the only other characters that would fit besides them would be... Kirby series characters, Kid Icarus characters, each of the Ice Cliimbers, R.O.B. (who has appeared in MKDS), Star Fox characters, Olimar, F-Zero characters and some EarthBound characters. the Pokémon characters would work as well.

there could be vehicles based on those franchises as well, like Exo Tanks, Warp Stars and the Blue Falcon.

characters like those from Zelda (except maybe Tingle, no kidding), Fire Emblem and Metroid would look out of place in a mascot racing game.

Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Paratroopa
Dry Bones
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Popo
Nana
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Lucas
Olimar
Tingle

Medium sized:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Pit
Dark Pit
Captain Falcon
Fox
Kirby
Meta Knight

Big sized:
Wario
Waluigi (WAAAA)
Rosalina
Bowser
Donkey Kong
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Metal Mario
Palutena
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Wolf
R.O.B.
King Dedede
[/COLLAPSE]

Ness and Lucas are mid-weights in Brawl, why not in SSK? :-c

But yea I can see this being a lot of fun. And even the series you left out could have cameos and easter eggs and the rest of it.

I made a post in the BR explaining why I thought the game could work, I'll see if I can quote it for you...

EDIT:

Well Kuma, we have to remember that video-games aren't meant to be believable. I mean you think about every video-game gimmick we take for granted now. Double jumps, running forever, grabbing from another person's hand without actually 'grabbing it', fast travel... a lot of the stuff in smash bros. is flawed, the sizes of some chars and movement speeds and special attacks and the rest of it. It'd just be something else we'd be getting used to is all IMO. I can see what you mean but then again, it could always be like other games where there is slight variations in the racing vehicles. So while link's horse lacks for speed... it can actually jump over stuff and has better maneuverability (maybe) than a car. The former brings me to another point, which is certain-vehicle-only stuff. Link's horse can jump, kirby can fly for a limited amount of time (thus he doesn't have to crash in to cars while trying to over-take them, things like that), etc etc.

I dunno, I can see the game working out... it'd take some effort but a well-done version of the game would be pretty interesting to have IMO.

Also, LOL at Link using warp songs... and LOL at link being top tier :p :smirk: :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
the roster is sorted by the character's height, just like MKWii. I based that roster on MKWii's, just took out few characters (the Babies and Funky) in exchange to lots of other Nintendo characters.

Ice Climbers could have a sled as their vehicle... and Toon Link had the train from Spirit Tracks.

[COLLAPSE="Smash Kart Roster V2 with character-themed vehicles"]Small sized:
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Paratroopa
Dry Bones
Lakitu - Lakitu Cloud
Shy Guy
Hammer Bro.
Tingle - Shaped like the Tingle Tower from Wind Waker
Popo - Blue Sled
Nana - Pink Sled
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness - Runaway Five Van
Lucas - Mr. Saturn Kart (Mr. Saturn Table with wheels)
Olimar - Hocotate Rocket (based on his spaceship)

Medium sized:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr. - Koopa Clown Car
Toon Link - Spirit Train
Pit - Exo Tank :awesome:
Dark Pit - Cherubot :awesome:
Captain Falcon - BLUE FALCON :awesome: HYESZ!
Fox - Arwing shaped Kart :awesome:
Kirby - Warp Star
Meta Knight - Halberd shaped Kart :awesome:

Big sized:
Wario - Wario Car or Wario Bike, obviously
Waluigi (WAAAA) - expecting a Kart here? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!
Rosalina
Bowser
Donkey Kong - something shaped like a barrel
Petey Piranha - Piranha Prowler from MKWii
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Metal Mario
Palutena
Samurai Goroh - Fire Stingray
Black Shadow - Black Bull
Wolf - Wolfen shaped Kart :awesome:
R.O.B.
King Dedede - a kart based on his boxing ring? That would be sick.
[/COLLAPSE]

jeez... now I really would like to see this happening... o.o

this idea as A LOT more potential than I ever expected...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
they're slightly shorter than them.

anyway I had to fit them into equal numbers, due to balance.

Tingle is light, yet Toon Link is medium, so... you know what I mean.

I shouldn't have made these posts... because I would play this game now. T_T it's okay to dream... I guess.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I was thinking Kirby would use the wheelie bike, given that it's a kart racer. But I guess the Warpstar would be a better choice.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
they're slightly shorter than them.

anyway I had to fit them into equal numbers, due to balance.

Tingle is light, yet Toon Link is medium, so... you know what I mean.

I shouldn't have made these posts... because I would play this game now. T_T it's okay to dream... I guess.
Yea, I suppose. You don't have to make it incredibly balanced though. A little bit of variation is okay IMO. :p

I mean, that's human nature, etc etc.

Anyway, I find it funny we're talking about a smash racing game. <3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was thinking Kirby would use the wheelie bike, given that it's a kart racer. But I guess the Warpstar would be a better choice.
the Wheelie could be for Dedede. maybe they would do like MK7, where anyone can use any kart, regardless of weight. though, the kart would vary in size depending on the character, just like MK7 as well.

also, Landmaster-based Kart for the Star Fox characters as well! >=D :awesome:

anyone could ride any kart... so, Pit in a Landmaster, Bowser on the Blue Falcon, or Kirby in an Exo Tank... my body cannot contain such awesomeness! my body is not ready for this!

Yea, I suppose. You don't have to make it incredibly balanced though. A little bit of variation is okay IMO. :p

I mean, that's human nature, etc etc.

Anyway, I find it funny we're talking about a smash racing game. <3
yep, funny indeed. Nintendo would print money if they took this idea seriously.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
the Wheelie could be for Dedede. maybe they would do like MK7, where anyone can use any kart, regardless of weight. though, the kart would vary in size depending on the character, just like MK7 as well.

also, Landmaster-based Kart for the Star Fox characters as well! >=D :awesome:

anyone could ride any kart... so, Pit in a Landmaster, Bowser on the Blue Falcon, or Kirby in an Exo Tank... my body cannot contain such awesomeness! my body is not ready for this!

yep, funny indeed. Nintendo would print money if they took this idea seriously.
Possibly, if they made it fun enough. However, critics would accuse the game of being a step-off of smash bros./mario kart. It'd be hard to argue the game based on its own merits if people keep bringing up the whole "lol this is overdone, you suck nintendo for bringing this up" argument. :(

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong, who hasn't been in any MK other than as DK's sidekick in Double Dash, could drive his Diddy Kong Racing car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom