• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think we can expect an entirely different balance to this game now that Sakurai will b having a team helping him balance. Even though Sakurai makes all the final decisions, I don't think Konami would miss OR allow another Meta Knight or Ganondorf to happen.
Konami? Don't you mean Namco Bandai?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have a template for the newcomer imagery thing. Just copy/paste the image and do whatever you want with it.

[collapse="Transparent"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Non-Transparent"]
[/collapse]

bobadz

Smash Ace
So Mario Kart 8 DKCTF, and Mario 3d world play really well. Going to save up for a wii u now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If the past has taught me anything, both of those Mario titles are going to disappointments.

Looking forward to the Donkey Kong game though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I do like the Villager as a character, meme or not. Animal Crossing deserved a character regardless on the bull spewed out during Brawl. Hell, I like Villager more then Mega Man.

Me too, although I would have rather had Tom Nook. But Villager works. For me, Villager > Wii Fit Trainer > Mega Man

Although I'm not gonna lie, Mega Man did get me the most hyped at first. Just seeing it happen before my eyes made me lose it. I really, REALLY didn't expect it.

Jasmine Dragon

Smash Cadet
I think we can expect an entirely different balance to this game now that Sakurai will be having a team helping him balance. Even though Sakurai makes all the final decisions, I don't think Namco would miss OR allow another Meta Knight or Ganondorf to happen.
Certainly not. TTT2 has the largest roster of any Tekken to date (much larger than even the most optimistic guesses about SS4's roster) and is heralded for it's balance. I believe in Namco Bandai! I BELIEVE!

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I know the Villager meme's losing its touch, but I just had to make this as I just got this eerie vibe from Villager after looking at some (of the same) Villager = maniac memes today and it made me think of this:

Giygasvillager

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm never usually a fan of the whole "sweet, innocent character in actuality is creepy, sociopathic murderer" kind of memes because they just seem so predictable to me, but I did get a kick out of some of the ones posted in here

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh....man! I can't wait to see how Yoshi's Skin, Peach's hair and Falco's feathers look!

I also hope Yoshi gets bright red shoes instead of those dull orange ones.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now the memes ain't funny no more, I can say I still dislike all newcomers. Megaman I feelmis the most justified out of all, and Villager might be reasonable, but I didn't want them both in. Not upset about that they are in the game, am more upset they choose the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer as announcement characters. Outside of Megaman, we haven't seen the more popular choices yet (even though Megaman still probably was the most popular choice). Am glad we've seen more veterans though.

Seriously, would've expected to see Takamaru and Little Mac at least. It's not like they are my most wanted, but they just seemed obvious. Like, Wario, Diddy Kong, MetaKnight- obvious. And no retro reveal kinda worries me to. Melee had Ice Climbers, Brawl had Pit. Where are Takamaru and Mach Rider now?

Cuts have been confirmed also. So I'm quite worried we might not even get the more popular choices as King K.Rool and Ridley. Feeling less comfy about Mewtwo and Ike now to. Thoughg DLC being actually confirmed could change that.

Anyways... I'm hoping to at least have Diddy in there. He was my most wanted character ever, so I probably am not in the position to complain.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I gotta say, it's probably going to be really fun playing as Megaman in adventure mode.
I mean, it's like you will ACTUALY be playing the Megaman game series.
That is, if adventure mode is anything like Subspace emissary, in terms of gameplay.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Takamaru is a likely pick, but I don't think he's suuuper obvious. The only pick I would even remotely consider "obvious" now that Megaman is in is Ridley, and that's only if Sakurai doesn't keep him as a boss.

When were cuts confirmed? That "reducing" article wasn't talking about cuts, so did I miss something else?

grizby2

Smash Lord
I know they want the cast of character to be the same for each platform, but has anyone noticed that villager and WFT have no 3ds screen shots yet? maybe they test the waters in the Wii U version first for beta testing....

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Tekken Tag Tournament 2? You may know more than me about it, but I was under the impression that TTT2 had really good character variety in competitive play.
Variety is one thing and it's true, but it's pretty unbalanced (not like Brawl anyway).
Some characters like Bob are extremely OP.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Now the memes ain't funny no more, I can say I still dislike all newcomers. Megaman I feelmis the most justified out of all, and Villager might be reasonable, but I didn't want them both in. Not upset about that they are in the game, am more upset they choose the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer as announcement characters. Outside of Megaman, we haven't seen the more popular choices yet (even though Megaman still probably was the most popular choice). Am glad we've seen more veterans though.

Seriously, would've expected to see Takamaru and Little Mac at least. It's not like they are my most wanted, but they just seemed obvious. Like, Wario, Diddy Kong, MetaKnight- obvious. And no retro reveal kinda worries me to. Melee had Ice Climbers, Brawl had Pit. Where are Takamaru and Mach Rider now?

Cuts have been confirmed also. So I'm quite worried we might not even get the more popular choices as King K.Rool and Ridley. Feeling less comfy about Mewtwo and Ike now to. Thoughg DLC being actually confirmed could change that.

Anyways... I'm hoping to at least have Diddy in there. He was my most wanted character ever, so I probably am not in the position to complain.
Come on, Dids. Megaman and Villager are 2 of the most deserving characters. The fact that there wasn't an Animal Crossing rep in Brawl was a crime enough as it is.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I know they want the cast of character to be the same for each platform, but has anyone noticed that villager and WFT have no 3ds screen shots yet? maybe they test the waters in the Wii U version first for beta testing....
Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm very sure they'll show up on the 3DS game. Must have been an oversight.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have a theory that Ridley is going to be in this game for the similar back peddle reasoning Villager got in.

Ridley was claimed to be "impossible", but then the statement was rectified by the "if we try it could work" thing. Similarly, Villager was initially rejected because of Animal Crossing being too peaceful, but was backpedaled by a statement regarding to the character using varies tools like nets to attack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Hoots: Well I can sort of agree that Megaman being the most popular character warrants his inclusion. Never stated otherwise. Just saying that personally, I didn't want him in. Then again, I'm from Europe, so I have much less attachement to the character than Americans. Annd well, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager being in at least means Sakurai does revisit ideas, and wanted to include characters from series in Brawl without a character.

Please leave the Mii out Sakurai...

Am not thinking Ridley is an obvious character btw. He might be popular, but he's still more of a niche character wheter people like it or not. K.Rool, same way. They'd both be lucky to make it despite their popularity.

Only popular choices I feel are extremely likely still are Mewtwo and Little Mac.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I have a theory that Ridley is going to be in this game for the similar back peddle reasoning Villager got in.

Ridley was claimed to be "impossible", but then the statement was rectified by the "if we try it could work" thing. Similarly, Villager was initially rejected because of Animal Crossing being too peaceful, but was backpedaled by a statement regarding to the character using varies tools like nets to attack.
id be completely fine if it was a new-reincarnation of Ridley :awesome: .

what you said is a good observation too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Do not wanna kill any hype, or state a reason for not supporting Ridley, cause I want him in pretty bad (mostly to see how he'd work, but I think he deserves it enough). But Sakurai never stated the Villager was 'impossible' or required 'putting in their best effort'. That alone pretty much makes me think Smash and Sakurai might not be ready yet to include Ridley.

I'd like to be proven wrong though.

vicgur

Smash Ace

That's a nice thought right there. Cool.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Do not wanna kill any hype, or state a reason for not supporting Ridley, cause I want him in pretty bad (mostly to see how he'd work, but I think he deserves it enough). But Sakurai never stated the Villager was 'impossible' or required 'putting in their best effort'. That alone pretty much makes me think Smash and Sakurai might not be ready yet to include Ridley.

I'd like to be proven wrong though.
No, he just kind of said he thought Villager wasn't a good character to include.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Am not thinking Ridley is an obvious character btw. He might be popular, but he's still more of a niche character wheter people like it or not. K.Rool, same way.
Don't you have to think of it in relative terms? Sure, they're no Bowser or Ganondorf, but compared to what's left, they are undoubtedly the top of the bunch. No one else, aside from Mewtwo now, can really compare to them. That would be really hard to overlook, so if they got in I wouldn't call it luck.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Who do you guys think will get alternate costumes this time? Which ones would you like to see?
I was kinda bummed out that Wario was the only one last game.
Hopefully DK gets boxing gloves and some shorts from Punch Out.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If all characters get an alt costume, it's gonna be interesting to see how they'll do characters like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, & Pichu as all of them had costumes for alt colors rather than changing their skin color.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If all characters get an alt costume, it's gonna be interesting to see how they'll do characters like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, & Pichu as all of them had costumes for alt colors rather than changing their skin color.
One way you could deal with that is have, say, the original party hat for Pikachu be his standard "costume," each would have its own color. The different accessories Pikachu has worn since then would be their own costumes as well, each with their own colors. So, like, you could have red goggles or a red headband.

Incidentally I want Jigglypuff's bows back...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don't you have to think of it in relative terms? Sure, they're no Bowser or Ganondorf, but compared to what's left, they are undoubtedly the top of the bunch. No one else, aside from Mewtwo now, can really compare to them. That would be really hard to overlook, so if they got in I wouldn't call it luck.
I don't know, Ridley's arguably the most evil Nintendo villain. He blew up Samus's dad, burned her mother to death in front of Samus's eyes when she was still a child, and was the one that gave the order to kill her entire space colony. Ridley's the Nintendo equivalent of the Joker.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't know, Ridley's arguably the most evil Nintendo villain. He blew up Samus's dad, burned her mother to death in front of Samus's eyes when she was still a child, and was the one that gave the order to kill her entire space colony. Ridley's the Nintendo equivalent of the Joker.
I love imagining Ridley and K. Rool arguing over who is the better villain, and thus who deserves to get into Smash more.
"I STOLE ALL OF DK'S BANANAS!"
"I ATE SAMUS'S PARENTS!"
"...dude."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom