• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'LL NEVER LOOK AT DUCKS THE SAME WAY AGAIN!!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Can you imagine other animals talking about how weird our penises are.

"They don't even have a bone inside them. Yeah, they're just kind of squishy and dangle there all the time, and they get all full of blood. It's so weird, lol. Proportionately they're gigantic too."

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

"They don't even have a bone inside them. Yeah, they're just kind of squishy and dangle there all the time, and they get all full of blood. It's so weird, lol. Proportionately they're gigantic too."
The phrase, "they're hung like a human!" makes me giggle for some reason.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was just told I pick my favorite Smash characters (This was in the Tharja thread) with my penis.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
VAGUELY? I mean you were always pretty mysterious, IsmaR.

Shorts, I guess it's my fault, but at a glance I keep thinking that's a weenie nudging your sandy cheek.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I hate to be "that guy" but I don't have time to read through everything I missed last night. Did anything come out of this supposed "surprise"?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So this was posted in the Little Mac thread.

Somebody on gamefaqs posted this. The stars are what sinks it for me. It is absolutely a punch out stage. Does that mean we will absoulutely 100% get little mac? No but this does increase his chances I'd imagine. The punch out games had a bunch of "Circuits" to fight though this one is a "Super Smash Bros. Circuit" if you will. It's actually pretty darn clever.

First off, the audience is human, so you can rule out any possibility that this is a Kirby themed stage (all Kirby boxing rings have Kirby characters instead). The marquee's in the background are all dot styled, which is consistent with the marquees in Punch Out Wii, and even the title screen and round indicators for Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

All logos in Punch Out Wii are adorned with clusters of stars, which are usually in 3's because triple star punches are the most powerful punch in the game, as well as the "leaf vines" on the sides (forgive me; I don't know the term for this) and a ribbon at the top. The logo in the ring, while being smash themed, shares all of these characteristics.

3 star cluster on bottom: http://i.imgur.com/QSCAXpe.jpg
Minor/Major/World Circuit Emblems: http://i.imgur.com/oWzpteX.jpg

The ring ropes are also identical in both color and configuration as the Major Circuit ring in Punch Out Wii. Similarly, the corners are all identical colors and positions as the Punch Out Wii corners.

Major Circuit ropes, and World Circuit ribbon: http://i.imgur.com/UV4O3mB.png

Also, it's worth noting that the final fight in Punch Out Wii, Mr. Sandman, has a very particular entrance for both his Title Defense and Contender fights. He approaches the ring while there's a green laser light show that goes on behind him. Well, check this out...

Sandman intro: http://i.imgur.com/hvnTGDl.png
Mario in the ring: http://i.imgur.com/Odu2I7I.jpg

Same green laser show.

It would be real silly to think this is not a Punch Out themed stage. There is an abundance of intentional details that suggest otherwise.

And now I'm really happy. Other opinions on this?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't want to jump to conclusions, even though it seems like a strong sign that Li'l Mac will be in the game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All we know is that the stage is a Punch Out!! stage, nothing more. But I believe that Little Mac is in, anyway. He's popular among Smash fans and could be a unique character, so it's not too farfetched to think he's in the game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I would be absolutely shocked if Little Mac was not the next newcomer revealed. I was fully expecting him in the launch trailer to be honest.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Sorry to interrupt but WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED ON THE LAST PAGE?!

[collapse=And did somebody say love darts!]

[/collapse]

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

It seems I'm back home at the weird part of the internet.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
So, would people prefer you still have to unlock characters (SSE made it not TOO much of a problem and was still marginally fun) or have the characters unlocked to begin with? I know unlocking characters (as well as "A New Challenger Approaches) is a favorite and staple in Smash History and more than likely won't get changed, but I'm curious what other people think about it.

I don't mind unlocking characters so long as it isn't hellaciously difficult/take forever.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The challenger approaching is far better. I think they might reduce the number of VS. matches needed to unlock all the characters though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, in regards to the updates, Sakurai said that he would be posting them on his lunch breaks Monday through Friday. Using the United States as a sample (I'm fully aware that many of you are from all around the world), there is a 12-15 hour time difference between the United States and Japan. It's likely that Sakurai's lunch breaks will be sometime between 11AM-2PM Japan time. This being said, here's when to expect updates if you live in the continental US:

Pacific Time Zone: 11PM-2AM
Mountain Time Zone: 12AM-3AM
Central Time Zone: 1AM-4AM
Eastern Time Zone: 2AM-5AM

At the time of me posting this, it is about 10:20PM on Saturday. Next week we'll find out how consistent Sakurai is with his breaks so this time table can be made more accurate.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The challenger approaching is far better. I think they might reduce the number of VS. matches needed to unlock all the characters though.

This is what I would be to suggest. It might be foggy memories but I don't remember it being that hard to unlock everyone in 64/Melee.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
In brawl, the most matches you needed to unlock someone, wolf, was 450 in melee to unlock game and watch you needed 1000.

And definitely keep "character approaching". That noise gets me so excited every time.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, the Mega Man trailer had a nod to the "Warning! Challenger approaching!" screen, much like how the Brawl Dojo had such captions whenever a new character was announced, so I think it's safe to assume that the screen will be back once more.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There really is noting quite like that blaring sound that plays and the silhouette of a character approaching.

Such fond memories of renting the first Smash Brothers for N64 and playing through it like crazy and each time that would happen it would be a mad dash for us to try to guess who the character was that was approaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom