• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Chances are nothing is new to this forum, just as a heads up. (Sometimes there is, but not often)
SmashBoards is kind of the "Smash Central" of the internet.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

Btw, wasn't it that Sakurai just isn't sure right now about DLC and it may happen? That's what I got from it.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet that MH3U's hunter will be a playable character
And 2 stages one for each system.
10 coins
Naw, MH3U doesnt of much of a following outside of Japan, Capcom already threw in Megaman, and other Capcom characters have priority.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
What was the latest interview? I thought it was pretty confirmed the 3DS was going to effect the Wii U version.
Sakurai said that if they have to scale back or restrict things for the 3DS version, it won't affect the WiiU version.

So, barring outright character cuts, the WiiU version should be running at maximum potential.

Btw, wasn't it that Sakurai just isn't sure right now about DLC and it may happen? That's what I got from it.
Sakurai is taking the proper stance toward DLC. He's too early in development to know if there will be anything he wants to fit in but can't, so he'll revisit the idea later on once we are closer to launch.

Sakurai is obviously not literally discussing items as in throwable/usable items in that quote, guys.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Apparently not, given how people keep asking about it. :p
I got it, was just clarifying to Gargaglione (awkwardly using a question, mind you. Probably wasn't the best way to make the point, causing alittle confusion).

Like I said, "That's what I got from it."

Jasmine Dragon

Smash Cadet
Sakurai said that if they have to scale back or restrict things for the 3DS version, it won't affect the WiiU version.

So, barring outright character cuts, the WiiU version should be running at maximum potential.
Do we have a source for this. Sorry if its been thrown around already, but I feel like its the first I'm hearing of it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh man. I'm usually pretty good about skimming pages I've missed. But wow. No way I'm looking through 700 posts.

Why did New Leaf have to be released right before Sm4sh was revealed. I think months from now people will be like "don't you remember that one quote from that one interview from forever ago?" and I can only say "No, I was designing dresses and catching beetles."

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh man. I'm usually pretty good about skimming pages I've missed. But wow. No way I'm looking through 700 posts.

Why did New Leaf have to be released right before Sm4sh was revealed. I think months from now people will be like "don't you remember that one quote from that one interview from forever ago?" and I can only say "No, I was designing dresses and catching beetles."
You're not missing much. You'll get caught up eventually.

D

Deleted member

XY Level (Both Games)
HGSS Level (3DS)
BlackWhite Level (Wii U)

Sound good?
YES. More fair representation of Pokémon FTW (and this is serious). Ideally, we'd also get a Hoenn stage, but that'll unfortunately never happen.
Which may or may not be accurate given the latest interview.
The way Sakurai worded this:
The Wii U and 3DS versions of the game do not support any manner of cross-play between the two platforms, he said. Sakurai explained that, due to the stages that will be unique to each platform, the systems would be incompatible. And while the handheld and console versions of the next Super Smash Bros. will feature system-specific stages, the game's moves, characters and items will be "nearly identical."
...kind of indicates that characters will function slightly differently on each systems. Meaning that whatever issues for the 3DS version is only modified there and that they should hopefully play to their maximum potential in the Wii-U version.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna play it with the first model of the Wii Classic Controller (the one without the handles). That's what I played Brawl with. I'm getting the 3DS version as well.

peeup

Smash Lord
Hm....

Where have I seen this before?

Ah yes!
People keep saying that it's too similar to the XBox controller, but functionality wise, it's more like a PS3 controller, just with the sticks above the face buttons instead of below. Only similarity with the XBOX controller is the shape of the handles.

Pet peeve though, I hate how the X is at the top and the Y is on the side. Like... X and Y axis, people! X should be on the side, Y should be up/down!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Good heavens, this thread.

Hm....

Ah yes!
Hm....

Ah yes!

See, anyone can make cheap jokes about controllers. Try harder next time.

Though, in actuality, I've found that the Dreamcast controller is unsettlingly similar to the original Xbox controller.

And speaking of unsettling:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is it bad that I already knew about all of this?

Snails have always been wacky!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You should watch the video about the ducks. Corkscrew penis!
How about cats having penis that literally SCRAPE against the other cat's vagina. That's why cats screech when doing it. They're crying out in pain.

Hermaphroditic sex is your idea of being wacky?
No comment.

More like kinky. C'mon, who wouldn't want to be impaled with darts during sex. :troll:
I have heard some people like to be PINNED down during sex.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So it's just like human sex? :troll:
Except cat penis have spikes that stick into the vagina walls to ensure it doesn't slip out.

Man, this thread moves fast. Any more news or interviews from Sakurai?
Only snail sex! :troll:

In all seriousness, what's the last thing you heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom