• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hmm, there's a Nintendogs stage.

And since stages = characters this time....
Nintendogs character confirmed. :troll:
And it's Sakurai's Cat (despite a Scottish Fold not being in Nintendogs + Cats, but too bad, Sakurai screws the rules). :awesome:

(I'm joking)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One of the more intuitive posts to come from Gamefaqs:
This actually makes me think that there will be 45 characters.
9 is a very strange number of characters to have per page, I don't think they will make a page with a blank space. 9 per page x 5 pages = 45.
Assuming Solid Snake is gone, and everyone in Brawl returns with the additions of Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pacman, Little Mac, and Mii; that leaves us with eight unseen newcomers. Forty-eight total.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
What do you think the final number of playable characters will be? I'm guessing somewhere between 52 and 55 (this is including characters like Pokemon Trainer). Melee had 14 newcomers (5 from the start, 9 unlockable: 8 original characters, 6 clones) and Brawl had (12 from the start, 6 unlockable: 15 original characters, 3 semi-clones). My prediction is that there will be at least three characters cut too (with Snake and Lucario seeming like the most likely).
Roughly 50, with Snake, Lucario, and possibly Sonic, Toon Link and Ike cut.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know, having the right analog where it is on the WiiU is surprisingly comfortable. I remember getting cramps playing KH because I had to move my right thumb in an awkward position. At least with this new layout, your right hand moves to an ergonomic position when using the right stick.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People are making waaay too much out of these rows. Brawl's weren't all perfectly divisible by four, it's likely just the design of the site.

We don't even know if this is the final version of the character section anyway.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
People are making waaay too much out of these rows. Brawl's weren't all perfectly divisible by four, it's likely just the design of the site.

We don't even know if this is the final version of the character section anyway.
Hahaha, it begins!

BTW, Smash Bros Dojo is being taken down. We should pay our respects for all the memories and memes it gave us.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Aside from wireless tournament issues, the other controllers are fine (besides anything that involves touching the Wiimote..). I guess its just easier for me to use controllers I guess. :p

Also, an unrelated note, although it has a tail and looks fuzzy, I can't help but think kermit the frog when I see Luigi in the catsuit in 3D World. :laugh:

I guess because I didn't also create a bunker to hide from the reality that she got added to the game? :smirk:
Poor Sir Johnathan...

If those two characters, dog and imp, are in, I guess I'll do the same and I'll create a delusional world where there is a new Smash game and they don't exist in it, and replacing them will be characters I like. "Ghirahim just got a duck hunt stage... Called it! :awesome: "

Maybe I'm just jealous though, she's in such good shape... :troll:
Don't be jealous, be like Kuma and start training with her. :laugh:

You've got to keep an open mind or else Sakurai wins. :laugh:
The way you say this seems to imply Sakurai is playing a game with us and he is our opponent. Looking around, that really seems to be the case with some people haha. A game from a game before the game about games. :troll:

I guess your comfort is not a priority of mine.
You *****.

It's clearly not a priority of yours either, always walking around in those heels. :p:laugh:
Its a priority, but there is no priority over and beyond being fabulous, as the cofounder of N3ON Heels you should be aware of this. But seriously in rl the moment I'd put on heels I'd probably also instantaneously fall over and break my ankles

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
One of the more intuitive posts to come from Gamefaqs:

Assuming Solid Snake is gone, and everyone in Brawl returns with the additions of Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pacman, Little Mac, and Mii; that leaves us with eight unseen newcomers. Forty-eight total.
I doubt Sakurai himself knows the finalized roster number at the moment.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll wait now until Pac-Man's revealed.

Then try to move on and just see who gets in.

Like they say, no pain, no gain (even if that is still uncertain in this case)

Dunno about the roster size, I wonder how much characters Sakurai will possibly be willing to add incase he has much additions he's interested to include. I feel like we'll get between 40-45.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I doubt Samurai himself knows the finalized roster number at the moment.
I'm pretty sure he does or he wouldn't be saying both games will have the same amount of characters. I don't really care either way, a lot of us were hitting around forty-five even before website congruence became a talking point, so I would not be astonished if it happened. We still get about thirteen-fourteen newcomers regardless.

These Villager memes... Mercy...

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
( Arrrgghhh... I am so **** hyped for SSB4's release... just an update... )
So, what is going on since I was gone? Anything new or interesting?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hahaha, it begins!
Okay okay, the two rows put together equals 18. Brawl had 18 newcomers including all of the Trainer pokemon in Brawl. The eighteenth stage in the Subspace Emissary in Brawl is The Swamp which is where you get Falco AND where you unlock Jigglypuff.

Thoughts everyone?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

I never thought we'd be in the Smash cycle this quickly. All I need is the resurrection of Nsider and it's 2007 all over again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
They're at 39 right now if you were to go off the assumption that nobody gets cut. Would they do less than Brawl in terms of new characters? 18 (Brawl's number) would put it at 57 and if you had at least three people cut (Brawl had 5), that would be at least 54. With capabilities of the Wii U, I don't see why they'd aim for less especially since it hasn't explicitly been stated that this was the goal this time around. The only thing that Sakurai said was that he didn't want to just add more characters and stages to draw people to the games. He did make the comments about Brawl's roster size being perfect but he also said the same about Melee before nearly doubling the cast in the Brawl.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sounds about right. I'm thinkin' we get at least one more cut. Maybe two. Toon Link and Snake are my bets. The third (If we got one) could be anyone's game.

D

Deleted member

And late additions did happen both times, which is what I am getting at here.
However, Sakurai has made it clear that both games will feature the same number of characters (whether the characters themselves will be the same for each game remains to be seen).

There has never been such certainty before.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
However, Sakurai has made it clear that both games will feature the same number of characters (whether the characters themselves will be the same for each game remains to be seen).

There has never been such certainty before.
All this means is that cuts or additions will happen across both versions. It does not imply a finalized roster.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

I think that at this point in Brawl's development he could have probably said that. Sonic was a late addition, but he was added in 2007, which was a year away from release. Which is where we are, more or less

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
They're at 39 right now if you were to go off the assumption that nobody gets cut. Would they do less than Brawl in terms of new characters? 18 (Brawl's number) would put it at 57 and if you had at least three people cut (Brawl had 5), that would be at least 54. With capabilities of the Wii U, I don't see why they'd aim for less especially since it hasn't explicitly been stated that this was the goal this time around. The only thing that Sakurai said was that he didn't want to just add more characters and stages to draw people to the games. He did make the comments about Brawl's roster size being perfect but he also said the same about Melee before nearly doubling the cast in the Brawl.
He said the same thing about Melee? That's heartening.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My problem isn't that Sakurai cannot add that many characters as much as I don't see that many characters worth adding left, unless Sakurai is just going to go full ham and begin throwing out random characters left and right. I can only get through Mewtwo, Roy, Isaac, Palutena, Ridley, Shulk, King K. Rool and Takamaru before I have to start pulling from the air for ideas.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Now that my most wanted newcomer is in the game (Megaman), I want verification of no cuts more than newcomers. Especially Sonic, Ike, Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and other characters that have a chance of being cut. The only cut I would be alright with is Snake because he is an odd character although I would rather he return or at the very least be replaced by Simon Belmont.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Speaking of pictures, I may want to request some sometime. *glares at Pit and Bowser stuff* D:
As for the roster, I don't want to get hopes up on a huge roster. Based on what I remember hearing, the 3ds and Wii U version will have the same characters, but different stages, where some 3ds stages will be based on 3ds games, and Wii U for Wii U. Of course, this is just the 2nd day, and is still young. Of course, that won't stop us from assumptions, imagination, and observation.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm actually more excited about the veterans more than the newcomers right now. If more characters receive the same treatment that Bowser and Pit did, then I will be very happy. Just give Ganondorf his magic ball attack. Heck, even Sakurai's shout out to Mewtwo at the Pokémon round table yesterday gives me hope he'll be improved should he return.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My problem isn't that Sakurai cannot add that many characters as much as I don't see that many characters worth adding left, unless Sakurai is just going to go full ham and begin throwing out random characters left and right. I can only get through Mewtwo, Roy, Isaac, Palutena, Ridley, Shulk, King K. Rool and Takamaru before I have to start pulling from the air for ideas.
Something that people on here are going to hate but I am going to bring up.

Who says Namco may only get one guy, same is true with SEGA? Nintendo as a company is trying to win back Third Parties as a main part of their strategy and Sakurai has never shown hostility to third parties.

Since Namco is working on the game, why not get both Pac-Man and Llyod Irving.

Why not bring Tails along for the ride to get more hype from the Sega group.

Professor Layton?

Also there is still room for characters in the Nintendo universe to be added besides the ones you listed.

Mario series alone has Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Toad, Paper Mario, and Daisy to pick from among others.

There is plenty of crazy ideas out there that Sakurai can pull from and as E3 showed, people on this message board cannot define Sakurai into a box. No one expected WFT. Who says he won't give us other characters we won't expect.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really hope it doesn't make them too drastic, I wonder how long it'll take to adjust 'em, and will these changes really prove to make characters any better.

I hope for Wario getting finally Wario Land-revamp or at least receive some moves from WL-games this time.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
No offense, but I think you need to expand your imagination a lot.There's tons of potential characters still. Don't let the really common popular requests blind you to the vast library of great potential characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Who says Namco may only get one guy, same is true with SEGA? Nintendo as a company is trying to win back Third Parties as a main part of their strategy and Sakurai has never shown hostility to third parties.

Professor Layton?

Also there is still room for characters in the Nintendo universe to be added besides the ones you listed.

Mario series alone has Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Toad, Paper Mario, and Daisy to pick from among others.

There is plenty of crazy ideas out there that Sakurai can pull from and as E3 showed, people on this message board cannot define Sakurai into a box. No one expected WFT. Who says he won't give us other characters we won't expect.
Never shown hostility? He said it's hard for them to fit in the smash universe, and he won't add anyone that won't fit

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No offense, but I think you need to expand your imagination a lot.There's tons of potential characters still. Don't let the really common popular requests blind you to the vast library of great potential characters.
You really don't believe I want all those characters, do you? I was making a point. If you knew my history, you'd know imagination is not something I lack...

Professor Layton?

Megaman is fine, Sonic is fine, and I'm able to tolerate Pacman; but no more after them unless its from SquareEnix or Level5. Not even double dipping. None of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom