• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
STARFY, LLOYD AND LIP HAVE NO CHANCE.

It's time for me to move on. Better reform myself before things get anymore ugly.

When was Starfy proved impossible? Trust me, Horsetail, I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to Starfy. I haven't given up yet.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yeah. Right.

I'll eat my shorts if Starfy gets in. I'll record it for you too.

No really. I will.

Poppy: And here we have a good difference between a quitter and a supporter.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Like Duck Hunt Dog getting in or Impa replacing Sheik? :troll:
tbh I'd take both DHD and Impa over WFT. :p

When was Starfy proved impossible? Trust me, Horsetail, I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to Starfy. I haven't given up yet.
Well Sakurai said he didn't think he could work well in a fighting game, but he pretty much said the same thing about an AC character, so... now it's just best to take pretty much anything the man says with a big old pile of :salt:. :smirk:

If anything, this should give new hope to Starfy supporters...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It's time for me to move on. Better reform myself before things get anymore ugly.
Starfy has a good shot actually.

Sakurai went back on his word with Villager.

He may see Starfy as a good candidate now.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well Sakurai said he didn't think he could work well in a fighting game, but he pretty much said the same thing about an AC character, so... now it's just best to take pretty much anything the man says with a big old pile of :salt:. :smirk:

If anything, this should give new hope to Starfy supporters...

I don't buy that. If Kirby, Jigglypuff, and ROB can work well, Starfy is fine.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One thing that concerns me, though I recognize the game is still in development, is the overuse of official art just like in Brawl. That may sound like a strange gripe but small things bug me.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ghirahim wasn't revealed, I don't think I'm following this game anymore... probably won't even get in now... byyye guuuuuyyysss... *slowly turns around and inches towards the door* I'm leaving because there's no hooope or point to this game anymooooorrre... buh-byyyye... *inches a bit more*

I'm just joking Horsetail xD

tbh I'd take both DHD and Impa over WFT. :p
I can't BELIEVE you just said that. What an awful thing to say!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am actually hoping that the rumor with Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii are true... mainly because I WANT Little Mac and Pac-Man and I am very open-minded towards the idea of a playable Mii... just so I can concentrate on supporting Toad and Dixie Kong (damn you Nintendo for making me hopeful with 3D World and Tropical Freeze). I don't actually expect Duck Hunt Dog in SSB4 but I think he would be a hilarious addition to the roster that has Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Have a collective mind, and you will face the light. For me, I imagine collecting all the Pit and Palutena fans, and prepare the army for next year.
Make that Kid Icarus fans now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Crap, I'm reading that there aren't any USB wired controllers on the WiiU. Not even the Tekken fightstick has a USB connection.

Well that really sucks for competitive players. Let's hope there's an update in the future to install drivers for them. That's going to be very bad if they don't fix that before Smash is out.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't buy that. If Kirby, Jigglypuff, and ROB can work well, Starfy is fine.
Not defending Sakurai, but that was what he said. Ofc he didn't really stand by it.

I can't BELIEVE you just said that. What an awful thing to say!
Hey, at least I haven't dubbed her the White Devil or considered packing up Smash speculation because of her. I just don't like dat *****. If it makes you feel any better, I'd take Ghirahim above her as well. :laugh::p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Well, at least two of your wanted characters, Toad and Dixie Kong, have a chance. Toad is in Super Mario 3D World and Dixie Kong is in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. There's still hope for those two. There's no need to get butthurt yet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dhalsim is Sukapon and Wii Fit Trainer's conceptual lovechild.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
People need to move on from the GameCube controller already.
This. So. Much.
Hey, we thought Villager had no chance due to Sakurai's statements, just like Starfy. Seems anything could happen now.
Even Isaac! Or no Isaac.
Do people really wanna sit through a nearly two hour vid to hear Zero talk about how we're getting almost Brawl shields again? :rolleyes:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ready for battle, my liege.
Welcome aboard! What to do next, besides searching for fellow KI fans and sometimes the Skypes? I gotta plan it all out. D:

EDIT: Changed my avy to rep up Pit. Gonna miss you Phosphora. D:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey, at least I haven't dubbed her the White Devil or considered packing up Smash speculation because of her. I just don't like dat *****.

You just called her a *****, N3ON! I can't even look at you the same way now.. And how is that much better than calling her the White Devil? :laugh:

Though I do appreciate you trying to be open minded, good for you. Unlike some others!

If it makes you feel any better, I'd take Ghirahim above her as well. :laugh::p
How can you think putting him on the level of his (clearly) inferior enemy and a dog would comfort me? XD

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ooohh I get it. Instead of tropical breeze it's more like Tropical Feeze. Ahahaha har har har-- Ah. I think I've pulled something.

I should really get back to work...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The GCN controller fit perfect for my hands, but yeah, I don't mind using the Pro Controller at all

It reminds me of the 360 controller, which I loved using

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even Isaac! Or no Isaac.
Hmm... Isaac or no Isaac... I'll choose Isaac! :awesome:

Matthew's for amateurs. :p

You just called her a *****, N3ON! I can't even look at you the same way now.. And how is that much better than calling her the White Devil? :laugh:
I guess because I didn't also create a bunker to hide from the reality that she got added to the game? :smirk:

Maybe I'm just jealous though, she's in such good shape... :troll:

Though I do appreciate you trying to be open minded, good for you. Unlike some others!
You've got to keep an open mind or else Sakurai wins. :laugh:

How can you think putting him on the level of his (clearly) inferior enemy and a dog would comfort me? XD
I guess your comfort is not a priority of mine. It's clearly not a priority of yours either, always walking around in those heels. :p:laugh:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
The GCN controller fit perfect for my hands, but yeah, I don't mind using the Pro Controller at all

It reminds me of the 360 controller, which I loved using
It would have been fine if they didn't put the right joystick in the wrong place.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Gamefaqs is beginning it's full descent into the deeper parts of madness. When people start calling for Metaknight to be cut you've gone too far.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It would have been fine if they didn't put the right joystick in the wrong place.
That joystick location on the Pro Controller is a killer for the controller for me. Maybe I'll use a 3rd party controller, but for now, I'm going to use the GameCube controller.

And don't even mention the Classic controller, that controller is turrible for Smash, especially since the Wiimote was turribly built for atmospheres with tons of controllers, and the layout makes getting to the key buttons (A and B) kinda terrible, especially since most smashers only use either X or Y, but not both.

Also, I am officially retiring from this thread, and to heck with you if you don't like it. Crap is too crazy here to post anymore. I'll remain on other threads, the Back Room, and on many character threads (specifically the confirmed/previously playable character threads, the K. Rool thread, and the Ridley thread).
Gamefaqs is beginning it's full descent into the deeper parts of madness. When people start calling for Metaknight to be cut you've gone too far.
People called for Luigi to be cut in Melee and Brawl. People calling for stupid cuts is nothing new, and it will never go away, sometimes including when characters were confirmed. Some people rallied for Snake to be cut in Brawl, and some people felt he was cut from Brawl after he didn't show up on the 2nd Brawl Dojo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What do you think the final number of playable characters will be? I'm guessing somewhere between 52 and 55 (this is including characters like Pokemon Trainer). Melee had 14 newcomers (5 from the start, 9 unlockable: 8 original characters, 6 clones) and Brawl had (12 from the start, 6 unlockable: 15 original characters, 3 semi-clones). My prediction is that there will be at least three characters cut too (with Snake and Lucario seeming like the most likely).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom