• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Do you know my Signature Icons thread?

I had a request for the AC Villager and captioned just as "Villager" to save space... take a look:

This completely matches the Villager's appearance in Smash 4... What a coincidence.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If they drop 6 characters at E3 with the game still this far out, we are definitely getting a roster increase comparable in size to Brawl's.
Don't forget the veterans. In total we could wind up with 18 characters revealed in the span of two days. You're right though, it indicates one of two things likely happening: the game is coming sooner than expected or there is a larger roster than we were thinking.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Mii better be customizable... I want my Sephiroth Mii to have a masamune.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Honestly i see the rumors being true, and i'm okay with that. all i would want after that is Ridley and King K. Rool. After that im not getting my hopes up

also seing the Awakening stage, Its safe to say we are getting a new FE character.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Mii better be customizable... I want my Sephiroth Mii to have a masamune.
I sure hope he isn't customizable beyond a few costume swaps. Mii will look bad enough without letting players create abominations. Plus, as pointed out the size changes are very problematic for gameplay.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Does anyone else feel like K. Rools chances of making the roster might be affected by the fact that he once again is not making an appearance in another donkey kong country? Why don't they make him the main antagonist of the game?! I miss those old days !!!
It certainly doesn't help his chances. The real confusing thing is why Nintendo loathes the Kremlings so much. You would guess it's because they were created by a non-Japanese company, but they showcase Diddy and Dixie. The endless attempts to snuff out the Kremlings, K. Rool included, just baffle me.

"Crocodile Pirates are ridiculous! Walrus Vikings on the other hand..." - Nintendo

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I think it certainly doesn't hurt his chances. The real confusing thing is why Nintendo loathes the Kremlings so much. You would guess it's because they were created by a non-Japanese company, but they showcase Diddy and Dixie. The endless attempts to snuff out the Kremlings, K. Rool included, just baffle me.

"Crocodile Pirates are ridiculous! Walrus Vikings on the other hand..." - Nintendo
I agree. Although I'll take Walrus Vikings over a plank of wood as an antagonist any day.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
this is just a theory, nothing can be proven good or bad, but it appears sakurai has removed stocks from smash4 and replaced it with all timer

a little history on sakurai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suc7KnjLdEM&feature=player_detailpage#t=234s

evidence from e3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqxDPJmO6f8&feature=player_detailpage#t=326s

Sakurai was flustered at the thought of American smashers using stocks, however he forgot to abolish them in *** but that was already enough to make my erection weak

without stocks, who knows if this game can reach its full potential.

nothing has been approved yet and the game is still in the works, however, it seems that our competitive days are over for this game.
RIP Smash4 2013-2013

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
this is just a theory, nothing can be proven good or bad, but it appears sakurai has removed stocks from smash4 and replaced it with all timer

evidence from e3:

Sakurai was flustered at the thought of American smashers using stocks, however he forgot to abolish them in *** but that was already enough to make my erection weak

nothing has been approved yet and the game is still in the works, however, it seems that our competitive days are over for this game.
RIP Smash4 2013-2013
It's time for all of us to calm down.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

evidence from e3:

RIP Smash4 2013-2013
Wut? (I believe this is a really bad joke. I wouldn't take him seriously if I were you.)

Also, this is why Villager is my favorite new rep:

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
Better start learning to use a Pro Controller.
I hope that thing has triggers that slide in. That was the best thing about gamecube controllers. Those triggers were just to fun to press. but Why did nintendo think It was a good idea to only have one Z button? I never got that XD
Seriously though loving that Pro Controller.
ahhh, i was about to point out how are were going to use GC controllers instead of that handheld tv but i guess this will do..... wow thats a weird remote

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
ahhh, i was about to point out how are were going to use GC controllers instead of that handheld tv but i guess this will do..... wow thats a weird remote
There is also a Gamecube controller converter for Wii U if you hunt around which might be worth trying on release but... I don't know if it'll work.

Pro Controller is a nice piece of tech but honestly the triggers (ZL and ZR, as L and R are the bumpers) have very little to them; don't move at all and are very sensitive.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It certainly doesn't help his chances. The real confusing thing is why Nintendo loathes the Kremlings so much. You would guess it's because they were created by a non-Japanese company, but they showcase Diddy and Dixie. The endless attempts to snuff out the Kremlings, K. Rool included, just baffle me.

I don't think it is as much loathing the Kremlings as it is Retro wants to create their own stamp on the series without recycling through Rare's enemy gallery, which is understandable. Personally I think the vikings are a huge improvement over the soulless Tiki Tribe. We have not seen the full game and there is still a minuscule chance that King K. Rool might show up as the 4th playable characters or as a hidden boss. If Retro/Nintendo were willing to bring back David Wise and another audio engineer from DKC to collaborate with Kenji Miyamoto after all the crap they got then I can see them throwing another bone to fans in regards to Kremlings/King K. Rool. Just wait.

evidence from e3:

RIP Smash4 2013-2013
Or they could have used time simply to keep the match short; that way the press isn't waiting ten minutes before moving on to other coverage.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
will smash4 have tech skill is the question, yes or no?
can i atleast dashdance?
somebody plz answer my question so i dont buy a wii u invain
We can't possibly answer that now. The game was just revealed yesterday, and what gameplay we have seen has been showing off the new characters. Just wait a little bit.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why get excited when I have no damn idea who gets in anymore? A lot this feels like some ****ed-up lottery.
Is it just me or does that sound even more fun when you don't know what's going to happen? :laugh:

Nothing new up. So I don't think we will.

Actually, has it been confirmed we'll even get daily updates from now on after E3?
Yes.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
About the controllers. If and knowing Nintendo they will probably allow for multiple control devices. If they do there are converters for the Gamecube controller which plug into the bottom of the wii mote that register it as a Classic Controller (Pro). I'm planning on getting one due to I always play smash with a GC controller.

Maybe I'll borrow my friends and see if my hands can adjust to it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
will smash4 have tech skill is the question, yes or no?
can i atleast dashdance?
somebody plz answer my question so i dont buy a wii u invain
You can dash dance in brawl.

Technical aspects mean nothing if you cannot apply them in game. Brawl has tons of weird ATs but next to none are actually useful. I couldn't care less how many ATs are in the game long as it plays to competitive feel. Strategics and basic FG concepts are all the game really needs to be in the competitive community.

Anyway, I really hope that stock removal rumor is a horrible joke. Due to the game's faster pace nature I'm pretty sure we could raise the stocks and/or lower the timer during sets.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I've been thinking about what Shorts brought up yesterday on how Sakurai might have been referring to roster count and not characters when he said both games would have the same amount of characters. Taking what Sakurai has already stated about stages being reflective of the platform they are on, I can possibly see the same thing happening with a couple characters at most. The scenario I see likeliest happening if this does occur involves Isaac and Shulk. Each game would have their own "golden haired RPG protagonist". You'd see Isaac with some sort of Golden Sun stage on the 3DS, and Shulk with a Xenoblade stage on the Wii U.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Well, guess what guys? Mega Man is actually making an appearance in Super smash bros 4!
( Ohhh... those metal blades... )

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Smaschu's roster analysis thread and conventional wisdom.

Man I need to sleep.
What I love about Villager and Wii Fit Trainer being in SSB4 is that they pretty much proved that you can get in even if you have no combat experience in your games. Villager fights by planting trees and digging holes. Wii Fit Troll Trainer fights by doing stretches and yoga poses.

This means that Duck Hunt Dog is fair game (whether he is in or not is not the point) because he could fight by hunting ducks and laughing at you.

And I love that SSB4 is NOT going to be boring and conservative with the roster.

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
About the controllers. If and knowing Nintendo they will probably allow for multiple control devices. If they do there are converters for the Gamecube controller which plug into the bottom of the wii mote that register it as a Classic Controller (Pro). I'm planning on getting one due to I always play smash with a GC controller.

Maybe I'll borrow my friends and see if my hands can adjust to it.
But the thing about the converter that I don't understand is, is do you have to find them made by just fans and regular people or did Nintendo make these converters... Like are they easy to find :/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People need to move on from the GameCube controller already.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not like the Wii Remote and Nunchuck is bad.

It's actually quite good.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's not like the Wii Remote and Nunchuck is bad.

It's actually quite good.
Not so much that more so that people keep trying to make converters for a controller that is really only used in a handful of games.

Giving the other controllers a shot is something we should all do.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
After seeing Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze at E3 2013... I hope that Toad and Dixie Kong get in SSB4 this time!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You probably only think that because we've been using them for over ten years now.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if USB Wii U Pro Controllers become the standard. That or instead of constantly going for converters, someone makes USB GameCube controllers.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Wii U Pro Controllers don't look bad to play SSB4.

As someone who always plays Brawl with GCN controllers, I can play quite as well using a Wii Classic Controller. And mind that the 3DS version doesn't even have the option of a GCN controller.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I knew I saw that pose recently. There's also Ogre in SFxTK.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
STARFY, LLOYD AND LIP HAVE NO CHANCE.

It's time for me to move on. Better reform myself before things get anymore ugly.
Hey, we thought Villager had no chance due to Sakurai's statements, just like Starfy. Seems anything could happen now.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You probably only think that because we've been using them for over ten years now.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if USB Wii U Pro Controllers become the standard. That or instead of constantly going for converters, someone makes USB GameCube controllers.
I've moved on from the GC controller long ago. Never understood the big hoopla over Gamecube controllers. I've managed to be just as effective in Brawl using my CC.
STARFY, LLOYD AND LIP HAVE NO CHANCE.

It's time for me to move on. Better reform myself before things get anymore ugly.
Chill out! Go eat an orange or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom