• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Also, Jiggs might be Smash's inside joke, but really, HOW MANY JOKE CHARACTERS DO WE NEED?
If anyone form the original 12 will go, I say it'll be Jiggs. She barely made the cut for Brawl (I think).
I think you're very confused. I've never heard that before and likely because Jigglypuff is an incredibly popular Pokémon in Japan. I doubt she was anywhere near the cutting room floor at any stage in Brawl development And now, with her getting an extra type in X&Y, she's beyond a shoe-in to return in Smash 4.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
People need to stop overreacting. WFT isn't any more likely to kill popular choices and ensure a bunch of random terrible newcomers than ROB was.

Remember, in a game with ROB we got the following:
-Ike
-DDD
-Pokemon **** Trainer
-Wario
-Diddy
-Snake
-Sonic
-Olimar

And a few other cool characters, too.

I know that. But Brawl's roster brought in so many good characters that we're just left with just a few to (from existing franchises) before we're pretty much done with them.

Because of that, I just feel like we're not going to get very much, if at all, fan favourites (let's say Isaac or someone else from C-list series) from unrepped series because Sakurai said long time ago not seeing much series "up in par to be included in Smash Bros". Or something...

I think Takamaru, Little Mac and Shulk have the best chances to even be there with other characters, but even that would be broken in a single flow of thought.

Shortly: I think Sakurai might go with "scraping bottom of the barrel" and add even more joke characters to just show how uniquely he thinks, and just add what's left to existing franchises (MAYBE), with not much fan favourites". Instead of introducing us to a lot of new ones which were before repped by Assist Trophies and so on.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, and on Wii Fit Trainer, the more I watch the trailer, the funnier I find this whole thing. I swear, that Sakurai has us by the balls. Gahahahahaha.
That's the same feeling I had. At first, I was like "No way!", but after watching the trailer, I just laughed. That Final Smash is the most random thing I've ever seen.

But as a Joke character, I don't mind her, just modify the roster a bit and keep things fresh so we don't have 50% of the roster composed of unorthodox joke characters.
I don't believe Sakurai will add any other joke characters. Wii Fit Trainer was probably a personal choice Sakurai made for the roster.

Sakurai has a wacky sense of humor (but, so do the Japanese overall), but he's no fool.

The gameplay looks faster than Brawl's and I like the new moves Bowser and Pit have. The art style and visuals are simply amazing. Graphically, the game is perfect and I'm not the kind of person to judge a game's graphics.

D

Deleted member

I think you're very confused. I've never heard that before and likely because Jigglypuff is an incredibly popular Pokémon in Japan. I doubt she was anywhere near the cutting room floor at any stage in Brawl development And now, with her getting an extra type in X&Y, she's beyond a shoe-in to return in Smash 4.
Nah, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that. I'm too lazy to dig it up though, so w/e. I don't really care either way.

I was sure I put him in... Ahh no, it's because I can still see him go for duo with Dixie this time around.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was sure I put him in... Ahh no, it's because I can still see him go for duo with Dixie this time around.

So far I think it's only possible in DKCR2 to have DK pair up with either Diddy, Dixie or the new / old / 4th helper Kong. So no, I think Diddy and Dixie will both be standalone characters. Even though I'd totally accept a Diddy and Dixie duo IF they'd be able to pair up in DKCR2.

So far, DKCR2 >> Smash for me.

D

Deleted member

So far I think it's only possible in DKCR2 to have DK pair up with either Diddy, Dixie or the new / old / 4th helper Kong. So no, I think Diddy and Dixie will both be standalone characters. Even though I'd totally accept a Diddy and Dixie duo IF they'd be able to pair up in DKCR2.

So far, DKCR2 >> Smash for me.
I dunno, yesterday I felt very meh for Smash, but little by little that hype is really starting to build up. This E3 was GLORIOUS. SO MANY GAMES!!!

It'd be cool if you tag out between all 3. As in have Dk+Diddy, DK+Dixie, and Diddy+Dixie for old times sake.

But I wasn't saying that because of the new DKC, though Dixie coming back could hold some Smash significance. It was simply because Sakurai as always will try to reinvent the wheel and try new things. There's nothing saying he won't try to pair them up again this time around. Last time it was due to technical difficulties, but maybe he managed to breach with Namco's help.

Oh, and I have a hunch that one of the newcomers will be the guy from Wonderful 101, either him, or his team of the 4 lead characters as a sort of Tag Team.

Oh yeah, and DKCR2 and Rayman Legends seem like the goto platformers of next gen. Super Mario World Nyan was very meh for me.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I know that. But Brawl's roster brought in so many good characters that we're just left with just a few to (from existing franchises) before we're pretty much done with them.

Shortly: I think Sakurai might go with "scraping bottom of the barrel" and add even more joke characters to just show how uniquely he thinks, and just add what's left to existing franchises (MAYBE), with not much fan favourites". Instead of introducing us to a lot of new ones which were before repped by Assist Trophies and so on.
I think you're panicking needlessly here, to be honest. There's tons of good potential reps from unrepresented franchises.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I dunno, yesterday I felt very meh for Smash, but little by little that hype is really starting to build up. This E3 was GLORIOUS. SO MANY GAMES!!!

Oh, and I have a hunch that one of the newcomers will be the guy from Wonderful 101, either him, or his team of the 4 lead characters as a sort of Tag Team.
This E3 was great. It's been a long time since E3 hyped me.

W101 guy is a possibility and there's some support for him. I wouldn't think it would be farfetched to include him.

i wanted to see zss X3 why did they cut it off from the trailer ? X3
Well, Samus was shown using her Final Smash. Seeing as it changes her into the Zero Suit, I think ZSS is safe.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I doubt we'll get as many updates as in Brawl. One thing I got right though is that they'd show more veterans innitially.

Diddy + Dixie tagteam is my biggest hope still for DKCR2. Not so much Smash, but I'd accept it as long as it's also in DKCR2.

Donghae

Smash Apprentice
This E3 was great. It's been a long time since E3 hyped me.

W101 guy is a possibility and there's some support for him. I wouldn't think it would be farfetched to include him.

Well, Samus was shown using her Final Smash. Seeing as it changes her into the Zero Suit, I think ZSS is safe.
i hope so x3 .. keke ..maybe we get another trailer today...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
hmm no...cant wait for more goodies today~ i hope they show us at least 1 newcommer ..
Most likely if the updates start today, it'll be partially about the basics, or the return of a veteran that wasn't shown in the trailer. Who knows? It could be showing off one of the stages.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
But would Sakurai really, like really look at them at this point? To avoid getting disappointed, I'm certain that he won't.
If he looked at Wii Fit Trainer, why wouldn't he look at them? The man is clearly considering absolutely every possibility, and even if he wasn't initially, he gets so much fan mail that he can't really help knowing about every potential character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also think Jigglypuff is safe due to being a Fairy type now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
But would Sakurai really, like really look at them at this point? To avoid getting disappointed, I'm certain that he won't.
He looked at Villager and made him into a playable character even after he stated AC characters wouldn't fit in Smash. He also stated before SSB4's development started that he would like to explore long-forgotten series and revive them, also stating that being Smash Bros.'s director, he was in a fortunate position to do that.

Lip, Starfy, Takamaru all have their chances in Smash, so stop overreacting over a joke character. WFT being in the game DOES NOT IMPLY that your wanted characters WON'T GET IN.

Quoting myself:
I don't believe Sakurai will add any other joke characters. Wii Fit Trainer was probably a personal choice Sakurai made for the roster.

Sakurai has a wacky sense of humor (but, so do the Japanese overall), but he's no fool.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I doubt he'd add another joke character, but unfortunately I don't think that the Mii qualifies as a joke character.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
i hope so x3 .. keke ..maybe we get another trailer today...
I highly doubt that.

Know what's cool though? We've already seen live gameplay footage with that video of Mega Man VS Mario; if I remember rightly we didn't see any live footage of Brawl for a good while.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, with that one part of the Sakurai Developer Direct with Link, Samus and Pit, I'd totally expect Takamaru to be revealed there. Maybe in the future?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ah well, I'm gonna do it then.

Frost: I guess being Takamaru then on the whole long-forgotten series-thing then?

Starfy and Lip IMO I feel though most realistic as staying in their usual roles before. Well yeah, I guess they have had their chances before.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In less than 24 hours it seems that most of the internet has fallen in love with the Villager and WFT. I remember supporting the Villager (I called him the Animal Crosser) way back in 2005 but stopped actively supporting him shortly before Brawl was released because virtually everyone insisted that it was a stupid character idea (what's he going to do? Use a butterfly net on people?) and that Tom Nook was a thousand times more likely. Eight years later, it's good to see that Animal Crossing got a rep and such an imaginative one too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can I say again how stupid I think the newcomers are? Cause I think the newcomers are quite stupid.

Except Megaman, but I don't care about him anyway.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As I mentioned last night, what do you think of the Mii, instead of being a "conventional" character, being a character you give moves from other characters? In other words, this is the game's answer to Create a Soul from Soul Calibur and Combot from Tekken.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As I mentioned last night, what do you think of the Mii, instead of being a "conventional" character, being a character you give moves from other characters? In other words, this is the game's answer to Create a Soul from Soul Calibur and Combot from Tekken.

I guess? I wonder what sort of moves they can give to the Miis though. Dunno if people would get overly excited about all the Wii Sports/Party/etc-moves though.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Pretty terrible, especially for balance if it's customizable. Mii doesn't really have any reason to steal other characters' moves, so it'd just be weird, and many moves would likely look pretty stupid coming from the Mii.

My main gripe with the Mii isn't the potential moveset; I'm sure it would be a fun one. I simply cannot fathom a single way to make the Mii's model not look absolutely terrible next to all of these gorgeous HD characters. I'm also apprehensive of fighting "Original the Character" online instead of actually cool Nintendo characters, but that's a lesser concern.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If he looked at Wii Fit Trainer, why wouldn't he look at them? The man is clearly considering absolutely every possibility, and even if he wasn't initially, he gets so much fan mail that he can't really help knowing about every potential character.
QFT

Ah well, I'm gonna do it then.

Frost: I guess being Takamaru then on the whole long-forgotten series-thing then?

Starfy and Lip IMO I feel though most realistic as staying in their usual roles before. Well yeah, I guess they have had their chances before.
After Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, the possibilities couldn't be more open.

Takamaru could be very well the retro character of this game, much like the Ice Climbers and Pit in the previous titles.

Starfy and Lip have their chances. If Sakurai managed to have characters from Animal Crossing and Wii Fit to work, I think these characters can work as well.

In less than 24 hours it seems that most of the internet has fallen in love with the Villager and WFT. I remember supporting the Villager (I called him the Animal Crosser) way back in 2005 but stopped actively supporting him shortly before Brawl was released because virtually everyone insisted that it was a stupid character idea (what's he going to do? Use a butterfly net on people?) and that Tom Nook was a thousand times more likely. Eight years later, it's good to see that Animal Crossing got a rep and such an imaginative one too.
The Villager has one of the most creative movesets I've seen in Smash.

For someone who previously said that AC characters would be in, he made an AC character one of the most unique characters in Smash.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Happy for you, dude. As soon as saw him I knew he was a worthy addition.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I no like.

Please keep it at Wii Fit Trainer Sakurai. :urg:

Soon we're gonna see 4 total characters from the Wii series. I'd hate that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Don't try to get my hopes up Frost, I don't want to be crushed again. (-í_ì-);

I dunno but I think I just really want to avoid anymore disappointment. (->^<-)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm gonna mentally prepare myself for seeing Sheik now, possibly coupled up with a ugly hybrid SS / TP Zelda.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Given that Link didn't go full SS, I'm hopeful that Zelda won't either. SS Zelda simply cannot compare to TP Zelda.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't try to get my hopes up Frost, I don't want to be crushed again...

I dunno but I think I just really want to avoid anymore disappointment...
I'm not trying to put your hopes up, but making you keep an open mind.

Too much expectation leads to disappointment. I also have characters I would like to see in Smash, but I'm not going to whine if they don't make in. It will still be an enjoyable game nonetheless.

I no like.

Please keep it at Wii Fit Trainer Sakurai. :urg:

Soon we're gonna see 4 total characters from the Wii series. I'd hate that.
Quoting myself again:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Mii isn't really a joke character, though, so much as one that many people almost expect given that he was forced into Mario Kart.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Pretty terrible, especially for balance if it's customizable. Mii doesn't really have any reason to steal other characters' moves, so it'd just be weird, and many moves would likely look pretty stupid coming from the Mii.

My main gripe with the Mii isn't the potential moveset; I'm sure it would be a fun one. I simply cannot fathom a single way to make the Mii's model not look absolutely terrible next to all of these gorgeous HD characters. I'm also apprehensive of fighting "Original the Character" online instead of actually cool Nintendo characters, but that's a lesser concern.
Except CAS characters and presumably Combot are banned from tournament play. As I said in an earlier post, it's impossible to balance a Mii due to its varying weight and height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom