• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Oh crap, I think the Little Mac, Pacman, Mii thing is legit. Ugh, not sure how I feel about this. I would have thought WFT would have replaced Mii. Guess I was mistaken.
Any particular reason? I really hope it isn't on account of the Mii.

Also, had an idea. What if Toon Link is in the Spirit Tracks level because he's not playable... in SSB3DS. YL is, because of OoT3D, and then Toon Link is playable in SSBWiiU because of WWHD? Could be.
I would really hate exclusive characters.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In case anyone is wondering why I brought that up, I just found out that the website that posted the rumor is actually run by a Gaffer: Salromano. Courtesy of one of the few respectable posters on Gamefaqs, he pointed out that hours before the Nintendo Direct Sal posted this:
My unlikely predictions: Little Mac, Pac-Man, Animal Crossing Guy, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
This game has the best art direction in the series and flows just so well.

Megaman, Animal Crosser, and even the Wii Fitness Trainer ooze creativity.

I love how even A moves are being made to be as flashy and interesting as specials.

This game dazzles. Love it. And love the Wii Fitness Trainer reveal. I was so shocked while watching that video, and then she ****ing flies out of frame with hulahoops.

I don't think Sakurai could ever stop impressing me.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oh crap, I think the Little Mac, Pacman, Mii thing is legit. Ugh, not sure how I feel about this. I would have thought WFT would have replaced Mii. Guess I was mistaken.
That's an awful lot of really boring or weird newcomers. Really, if this is true, then the only characters I'm hyped to play as are(ranked in order):
1.Megaman
2.Little Mac
3. Villager
4. Wii fit Trainer(yes, really).

Well, I guess 2/3 ain't bad.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Well, damn. If he guessed Wii Fit Trainer he's either got inside access or is the greatest mind of our generation.

Let's hope that he's mistaken about the Mii, because WFT and Villager seem pretty close to him already.
My biggest problem with Miis is that they just look so terrible compared to the other characters. Ah well.

Being hyped for 2 out of 6 reveals isn't really what I'd hoped for, but those 2 are still exciting, and at least they got the weak stuff out of the way first.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
  • Fairy-type
  • Fairy-types to take double damage against Poison and Steel moves
  • Fairy-types to be immune to Dragon moves
  • Fairy-type attacks to be super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokémon
  • Fire and Psychic-type Pokémon to take half damage from Fairy-type moves
  • Sylveon will be a fairy-type
  • Professor's name to be Patrice
  • The first gym to be Bug
  • The second gym to be Fairy
  • The fourth gym to be Fighting
  • The fire starter's second type to be psychic
  • The grass starter's second type to be fighting
  • The water starter's second type to be dark
  • Mawile's type to change from Steel to Steel/Fairy
  • Dual-type attacks
  • A new electric attack that leeches health from the opponent
  • A new form of battling called "Sky Battles"
  • Mewtwo to get two new formes, and each forme is gained through an item in the two different games
  • A new move called Draining Kiss (Fairy-type) that has 60 power and steals HP on a one-to-one ratio
  • A new move called Belch (Poison-type) and your Pokémon must consume a berry first before using this attack
  • Players to see their Pokémon's EVs
  • A mini-game that allows you to boost your Pokémon's EVs without battling
I think these were all the rumors
Well, a month later, it turned out they were right about the Fairy type, so I'm actually starting to expect a lot of the other rumors...
Dual-type attacks...woah. Imagine a grass/electric type move obliterating a flying/water type Pokemon. o_o

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What Mac, Mii, and Pac Man thing? And what about Mewtwo?
Some website is claiming that they were "leaked" that the revealed newcomers would be Villager, Megaman , WFT, Mii, Pac-man, and Little Mac, but never bothered to tell anybody because they wanted to wait and verify the leak first. Or something.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What Mac, Mii, and Pac Man thing? And what about Mewtwo?

Wii Fit Trainer, from Wii Fit, will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

Nintendo revealed the character, whose final move is called “Wii Fit,” in a new Developer Direct featuring director Masahiro Sakurai.

Last week, Gematsu was tipped off about Nintendo’s E3 character reveals for Super Smash Bros. But since we were unable to confirm the validity of our source, we refrained from posting the information. Of the six characters we were told would be revealed, three have been confirmed: Mega Man, Animal Crossing Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. The three left remaining are Little Mac, Pac-Man, and your Mii.
http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

If you guys didn't know, Gematsu is Sal Romano from NeoGAF.
That was posted way before the reveal. I think he might be legit.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66429906

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Some website is claiming that they were "leaked" that the revealed newcomers would be Villager, Megaman , WFT, Mii, Pac-man, and Little Mac, but never bothered to tell anybody because they wanted to wait and verify the leak first. Or something.
It's gotten a bit more complicated given that we now have concrete evidence of a spot-on prediction for both Villager and Wii Fit Trainer posted before the Direct.

Could still be a guess, of course, but what a hell of a guess.

Is there anybody who even wants Mii? Yeah, yeah, WFT, but two characters that nobody wanted is a bit excessive.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's gotten a bit more complicated given that we now have concrete evidence of a spot-on prediction for both Villager and Wii Fit Trainer posted before the Direct.

In two years of speculation I don't think I've ever seen one user even mention Wii Fit Trainer let alone predict her for anything. You don't just guess a character like that. I trust CAW Evolution on this one.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If that's true, I'll be really happy to see Mac and Mii. I don't really care about Pac-Man, but I look forward to seeing how interesting Sakurai can make him. Maybe you'd control his movements in the air as though you were controlling him in the original arcade game...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Thing is, though, I really don't see Miiis and the Villager coexisting. The Villager is already using a lot of Wii-stuff(like the Bowling Ball, and the boxing gloves), so I think the Mii would be redundant if they weren't some sort of customizable character.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Is there anybody who even wants Mii? Yeah, yeah, WFT, but two characters that nobody wanted is a bit excessive.
Does anyone know if he edited the post after the character reveals?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TBH I would have been more willing to except all these revealed characters if the wii fit girl hadn't been confirmed

Little mac, mii, pac man

Though I am excited to see how they do pac man

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thing is, though, I really don't see Miiis and the Villager coexisting. The Villager is already using a lot of Wii-stuff(like the Bowling Ball, and the boxing gloves), so I think the Mii would be redundant if they weren't some sort of customizable character.
You underestimate the sheer amount of things the Mii could pull out. They might not even make it entirely item themed, who knows what Sakurai will do with him/her (assuming the rumor is true, I remain a skeptic until the end!), and I don't know what the Mii Party games are like and how much that'd come into play with him/her. Because of this, and the unique trait of what the Mii is, I will welcome him/her happily, as he/she is someone I desire behind my top three, I do not find him/her redundant or lacking in something to offer creatively simply because there is trainer and a villager.

Little Mac? Meh, can't say I'm too invested. Although admittedly, I can easily imagine him to be a blast to play, going all out boxing his opponent with all of his moves. There's the, "Oh he is so bland!~" thing but honestly I bet Sakurai could give him something not only distinct but most importantly exciting to play, to really give you a Punch-Out feel during Smash. :chuckle: Whether you like the characters we have now or not, Sakurai and those who assist him are clearly at the top of their game really inputting personality into the sets of these Smashers!

Pac Man is someone I haven't wanted, but always defended when people spoke poorly of him. Could easily be fun, very iconic, plus the insertion of Pac Man content into the game in general. He'd easily be welcomed.

Can't say I find these newcomers "lackluster", despite none of them being my top three (Ghirahim, Paper, and Palutena), nor being the big hitters (Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo). But I'm glad to see many of you guys positive about the characters, and also how it plays. ^_^ The big hitters and our personal desires can always show up later.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
TBH I would have been more willing to except all these revealed characters if the wii fit girl hadn't been confirmed

Little mac, mii, pac man

Though I am excited to see how they do pac man
Smash Bros 4 wins the award for most uninteresting newcomers of all time. Did he say those were the ONLY newcomers, or just the first batch to be revealed?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man it seems that I missed out on a healthy dose of speculation. That's the last time I say 5 more minutes when taking a nap.

Definitely hyped to see an actual pic of Arena Ferox, am also surprised by the two Mario 3DS stages, and the two Animal Crossing Wii U stages.

In case anyone is wondering why I brought that up, I just found out that the website that posted the rumor is actually run by a Gaffer: Salromano. Courtesy of one of the few respectable posters on Gamefaqs, he pointed out that hours before the Nintendo Direct Sal posted this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996
Interesting find, kinda hope it's true, kinda hope it's not.

Little Mac has always been cool with me, especially now if we get a CGI trailer with Doc Louis.

Mega Man's in, so whatever to Pac Man. I'll probably get over his inclusion faster than Wii Fit Trainer.

Miis just gotta have an interesting moveset that's not just more Villager-like stuff to warrant my interest at this point.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If the Mii is in, I really hope they lock it to a generic Mii with like 6-8 different options. I know that kind of defeats the point, but I don't want to run into tons of stupid Miis online that will make the character even more of an eyesore than it'll already be.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mac would be awesome!

Pac-Man would be okay.

Mii would be meh. I already have my Wii Fit Trainer.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In two years of speculation I don't think I've ever seen one user even mention Wii Fit Trainer let alone predict her for anything. You don't just guess a character like that. I trust CAW Evolution on this one.
Ask him how he knew.

We need information!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Animal Crosser is a unique choice with crazy moves and a focus on traps. Mii seems like they could be more of the same. Just have the ability to customize the Animal Crosser's face with your Mii face. There ya go.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...Star.

STAR.

THAT SAPLING. IT'S CASTING A SHADOW ON VILLAGER'S FACE.

DOES THIS MEAN WE HAVE AN ACTUAL LIGHTING SYSTEM.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure if anyone's noticed but IGN has Peach next to the already confirmed characters. Not sure if it's an error or not. A few minutes ago I saw it, then I refreshed the page a minute later and it was gone, now it's back again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not sure if anyone's noticed but IGN has Peach next to the already confirmed characters. Not sure if it's an error or not. A few minutes ago I saw it, then I refreshed the page a minute later and it was gone, now it's back again.
IGN has all the characters in the whiteboard drawing in their confirmed characters list last I checked.

Nothing to think of

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
They're probably just jumping the gun since Peach is obviously going to be in and is in the new WiiU game. We would have heard, and I don't think Nintendo would show any more returning characters to break up the hype for new ones.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sakurai already confirmed that the characters were universal.
When? All I've heard is that the character amount will be the same.

Also, I'm holding off on dropping my Japanese poll until we get a confirmation on Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man.

Bomberman, and Geno will run this town once Pac-Man is confirmed

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
When? All I've heard is that the character amount will be the same.
I'm hoping that's just something that got lost in translation and not Sakurai trying to be cute. Exclusive characters would kinda blow, even if it means that we end up with more total reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom