• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I've just seen the trailer.

Words cannot express how happy I am.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think with these 3 new Sonic WiiU exclusives, I think Sonic is safe.
Worried about Ridley and K. Rool myself.

As well as Lil Mac:

Honestly, I'm not worried about Ridley. WFT (Who I'm calling Karen for reasons I don't understand) showed that he looks at popular characters again. In addition, there's the Villager who shows he can go back on past statements. (Contrary to alot of belief here.)

I'm not really worried about K. Rool, but I'm more inclined to feel a DK rep in general is more likely. I still think K. Rool is the most likely, even with Dixie's new spotlight. (Which I think is too late to make a difference on the roster anyway. Besides, the 4th character could be K. Rool. It would be, if they were smart.)

As for Mac, I'm not worried. That Boxing Ring has to go to SOMEBODY!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sakurai's just posting pictures from his desk, not talking in-depth about gameplay stuff, most likely. They won't put the Dojo behind a paywall. That defeats the entire point of using Smash to sell WiiUs.

My only worry for Ridley is that Sakurai may prefer to keep him as a boss.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
True enough. I guess it's more dismissal than hate, really. But it still bugs me that a number of Pac-fans see Pac-man as somehow the only viable option for a Namco character.

Also, apparently the Pokemon Direct is about to start. Anyone know where that's happening?
Yeah, if anybody could answer this man, that'd be awesome. Really wanna watch this too, haha

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm very happy to see Villager. I've put him on my "unsure" list, but now that he's confirmed...like my gosh, he's such a cutie! I didn't expect him to be this cute! His moves look very fun as well.

But like gaaah he's so cute. I'm so excited it's like not even funny.

Though Mega Man wasn't really a surprise for me (though I did have my doubts if there's going to be any Third Parties. And I'm hoping Sonic and Snake will return), his introduction thingy was handled very nicely. And man, I didn't expect him to be this cute as well.

And the graphics are to drool over. So bright and colourful...a very nice contrast compared to Brawl. I'm loving the makeover Link, Bowser and DK have.

And WFT was certainly the surprise. :laugh: Her introduction was also pretty funny. I'm hoping that all newcomers (and perhaps even the vets) will get there own similar introduction videos. I guess kinda similar to the Meet the Team videos from TF2.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
DKC I assume^
In the trailer (where Mario jumps ridiculously high) you see a jungle above the wheel.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So Nintendo just tweeted they're done for the day. Past this Pokemon thing, I wouldn't expect any more Smash news til tomorrow.

We'll need a new word.

How about...prentagerbical?
I have the perfect word for the trailer:

:awesome:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As always I'm not interested with the handheld version of the game; however, that one train stage I saw looked really interesting. It reminded me of when you used to come up with stage concepts. Which, by the way, you wouldn't happened to have them archived anywhere would you?
Yeah, it's here:
http://smashboards.com/entries/super-smash-bros-4-stage-conception.3611/

I remember wanting to do 3DS and Wii U specific stages as I though they'd happen. Now I probably should have gone ahead and done them.
Ah, yes. I must have let those skip my mind. I really do like how they have changed him. Even down to the idle animation he now has. I'm interested into seeing how Pit pans out now that he has gotten some changes.
I'm hoping they further separate Ness and Lucas and the Canine Trio.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Given how huge it was, and how un-stagelike it seemed, I'm gonna agree it's probably for Adventure mode.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I want Meowth. I don't care for the rest. Hell, you can even put L block in it and stunfisk but plzzzzzzzzzzz put ****ing meowth in. He does have a decent chance of making it so please.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think it's pretty obvious the boxing ring is a Smash Bros Boxing ring. Not a punch out ring. Also, I think K Rool is probably done for for a while. At least in terms of DKC games he'll show up in. We've pretty much had an avoidance of Kremlings for some reason.

Also, **** ya fairy type. I knew it, always knew. You ready to see Jiggs get some fairy moves in Smash?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
MIiverse DOJO updates? At times like this, I'm glad that I bought my Wii U earlier than everyone else. :cool:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Jeez, Croph, what is it with you and giving people nightmares.
Though Mega Man wasn't really a surprise for me (though I did have my doubts if there's going to be any Third Parties. And I'm hoping Sonic and Snake will return), his introduction thingy was handled very nicely. And man, I didn't expect him to be this cute as well.
So you might say that the reveal was a bit...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's pretty obvious the boxing ring is a Smash Bros Boxing ring. Not a punch out ring. Also, I think K Rool is probably done for for a while. At least in terms of DKC games he'll show up in. We've pretty much had an avoidance of Kremlings for some reason.
He's still on my list of the 4 most likely characters they were talking about for DKCR 2

They said there is one more ally they haven't revealed yet

D

Deleted member

So Nintendo just tweeted they're done for the day. Past this Pokemon thing, I wouldn't expect any more Smash news til tomorrow.

I have the perfect word for the trailer:

:awesome:
what...-ever that means...?

I dunno, trailer didn't really hype me till the 2nd viewing, and even then, it wasn't that much. Maybe I've just become too damn jaded. The only thing I'm glad is that I got an idea what the game will look and feel like, and that it's truly on it's way. Somehow, seeing the game, just makes it feel more real. I'm more excited about the game itself coming out than what it might be like. Surprisingly though, Mario Kart, Bayonetta and X have me more hyped than Smash.

MGS5 though...

Jesus, I HAVE TO PLAY THAT GAME!!!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yo I just thought of something.
Game & Watch bucket with Villager's pick up anything. Legit doubles team right there.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Huh. Looking at IGN's stage screenshots, it appears the Wii U version either has two Animal Crossing stages, or at least two versions of it.

Is that not the Fire Emblem: Awakening stage, Star?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Given how huge it was, and how un-stagelike it seemed, I'm gonna agree it's probably for Adventure mode.
Looks like it might be Adventure mode, but you never know. It's certainly not much bigger, if at all, than New Pork City.

We can't really say anything about the boxing ring one way or another because they could easily have manipulated it so as not to reveal the fact that it is a Punch-Out! stage. After all, adding in a Punch-Out! stage would be a pretty dead giveaway that Little Mac is in, and that would steal a bit of thunder from his reveal.

Whether it's for Punch-Out! or just Smash, I know one thing; it looks pretty damn awesome.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Given today's reveals, I think K. Rool had his chances significantly lowered, Dixie's significantly raised, and Toad's greatly raised. Also, if some of you are still pissed about WFT, wait until Monita is revealed. :psycho:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I believe someone said it was from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Edit: Not just one ninja, but two? I quit. Edit Edit: No three I think. Crap. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is one less toad in the new mario game and everything thinks his chances are raised because of that

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think with these 3 new Sonic WiiU exclusives, I think Sonic is safe.
Worried about Ridley and K. Rool myself.

And although it is technically a different "Link"
I am also worried about toon link:

As well as Lil Mac:
Those don't actually mean anything.

Tron was shown in the background of a stage before her MvC3 reveal. Now when she shows up on stage, her dad replaces her. Likewise, Taskmaster has Aim of Hawkeye yet Hakeye showed up in the Ultimate update with Taskmaster still have AoH.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Given today's reveals, I think K. Rool had his chances significantly lowered, Dixie's significantly raised, and Toad's greatly raised. Also, if some of you are still pissed about WFT, wait until Monita is revealed. :psycho:
I really don't think anything today raised Toad's chances. Yeah, he's playable in a new Mario game, but he's been playable in that particular sub-series for a while, and that sub-series already has a recent installment.

Toad's chances are OK, but the new Mario game doesn't really help them. If anything it hurts him a bit because there's one less Toad and the focus will be on Peach, the character who currently uses him as a move, as playable over him.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Hmm, I wonder if this stage will be on the Wii U? Or will it be 3DS only?
I think it'd be a bad move to make it 3DS only, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3DS only due to Awakening's overwhelming popularity on 3DS.

That same popularity is why it shouldn't be locked to one version of the game, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom