• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay so is she the character Miyamoto was discussing would be revealed? Or do we still have two more? What's going on?

I actually don't mind her, when I don't think about the fact that she was developed possibly over any other character I want. But her, by herself, seems kind of funny.

I can dig it.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
How the hell is a tales character inevitable?

If anything it's pac man because of that rumor
Pac-Man is the most likely inclusion, not because of any rumor, but because he's Namco's mascot. That said, whether or not we get a Tales character over him would likely depend on how much the Tales dev team pushed for one. Plus, Sakurai might find it easier to integrate a Tales character than Pac-Man.

I feel like... crying?

I just have a big breakdown here...
I'm a little bummed by two of the reveals too, but you should hang around at least for a little while longer! Never know which character is coming down the pipe next.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Okay so is she the character Miyamoto was discussing would be revealed? Or do we still have two more? What's going on?

I actually don't mind her, when I don't think about the fact that she was developed possibly over any other character I want. But her, by herself, seems kind of funny.

I can dig it.
We potentially have more reveals tonight at the Pokémon E3 Roundtable or tomorrow.
I feel like... crying?

I just have a big breakdown here...
Horsetail, it's just a game. You need to calm down.

D

Deleted member

Just suck it up; at least characters you support either have a chance and/or aren't **** upon by others.

Take the route I go for; whatever happens happens.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well there is that thing where Sakurai said that he wouldn't add just any guest character during his discussion about Megaman or something along those lines. So I do think that Pac Man is more likely than any Tales character. As well as crushing Layton's chances to the ground...

But yeah, whatever happens. Happens.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Either way, it'll be an interesting year. We've come this far, guys. Now let's finish this. :D

We could all use some motivation.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"The character number in each game will be the same, but the stages will be different"

The character number

character number

not characters

Come on, after today, anything's possible.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If none of the characters I wanted made it in, I'd be okay because the game looks fun. I like the characters I do because I think they'd be fun, they'd help make the game fun, but if its fun even without them then... is all that much lost?

Oh, and thanks Moonmonkey for pointing that out in the DKC video, I didn't watch much at of that one honestly, didn't even make it that far. XP

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I've never been able to prove this, but my feeling has always been that the upscaling had a lot to do with Solid Snake's height. Crazy theory aside of course you know I was checking out the stages and I must say I really like what I saw on the Wii U. 3DS stages are a little hit or miss
As always I'm not interested with the handheld version of the game; however, that one train stage I saw looked really interesting. It reminded me of when you used to come up with stage concepts. Which, by the way, you wouldn't happened to have them archived anywhere would you?

Bowser is the most obvious one. Out of all the veterans I never expected him of all characters to receive a drastic upgrade. There is also Pit who has at least two new moves and has had his animations for existing attacks reconfigured. Samus received a graphical redesign but no real indication her gameplay style has changed.
Ah, yes. I must have let those skip my mind. I really do like how they have changed him. Even down to the idle animation he now has. I'm interested into seeing how Pit pans out now that he has gotten some changes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I already have 1.5 if the characters in my top 5

Mega Man

and Villager, close enough to Tom Nook (the .5)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Keep an open mind, everyone. Just because of ONE character, it won't be the end of the world.

WFT is the quintessential WTF character. I say these kind of characters spice up the hype due to their unexpectedness.

I'm sure there will be more popular newcomers, but we just have to wait and see. The higher your expectations, the more disappointed you will be.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah even if Toon Link, Mewtwo and Layton were all absent. I guess I'll still have my smash original main. Ness. Gotta keep positive. ^_^

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Well there is that thing where Sakurai said that he wouldn't add just any guest character during his discussion about Megaman or something along those lines. So I do think that Pac Man is more likely than any Tales character. As well as crushing Layton's chances to the ground...

But yeah, whatever happens. Happens.
No way Namco doesn't get a rep after being involved in the game that heavily. The question is just which character, at least in my eyes.

I am actually going to kind of miss cruising freight train Bowser. It always cracked me up.

Yeah even if Toon Link, Mewtwo and Layton were all absent. I guess I'll still have my smash original main. Ness. Gotta keep positive. ^_^
Personally, I'm comforting myself with the fact that Zelda will probably look like TP Zelda. Can't wait to get a look at her, Peach, and ZSS.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"The character number in each game will be the same, but the stages will be different"

The character number

character number

not characters

I just hope there's no version exclusives, and that it was just a case of the Engrish. But yeah, most of the basis of character speculation went out the window today. :laugh:

But really, at this point, just give me no cuts, and I'll be really happy. I still have faith in Toon Link...

Two things.

1) That wasn't the point of my question.

2) If Megaman was some garbage like the Box Art Megaman then, no, you wouldn't enjoy playing with him.

Well let me clarify then. Yes, in my opinion he looks solid. My implication that you would enjoy him is based on the fact that every thing about the character so far clearly states that he play style is very similar to the original NES Megaman games to a tee. He has projectiles with a great deal of range, a powerful uppercut attack, and from what I could tell, a solid aerial game. And to your second, I can't see how that's relevant because its not box art Megaman. I wouldn't have said what I said if Megaman wasn't confirmed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

The character number

character number

not characters

Could have been a mistranslation, but I'm not denying that possibility.

That's the spirit. ;)

If we're really getting worked up and be disappointed with just a game, might as well stop following the series.

You can never fit enough characters in, so there will always be crushed dreams, but we have to be grateful for what we have.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just hope there's no version exclusives, and that it was just a case of the Engrish. But yeah, most of the basis of character speculation went out the window today. :laugh:

But really, at this point, just give me no cuts, and I'll be really happy. I still have faith in Toon Link...
Leave it to Sakurai to give clarification on something, but really only creating more questions. He trolls much too hard. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So am I the first one to notice the sleek, faster gameplay? And the fact that all the stages shown today aren't incredibly gimmicky? (Well...except the 3DS ones. Maybe they want to emphasize competition more on the Wii U?)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, my biggest concerns at this point:

1) Status of whether or not cuts will happen.
2) Status of Sonic and Snake, in particular.
3) Ridley, because of the anticipation.
4) Version exclusives.

That being said, how long after Brawl's trailer did Sakurai say the "There will be cuts" thing?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This game is looking so awesome. I can already say that my Melee disc will finally get a break. I think this game is going to be extremely balanced. I'm. So. Excited.

I don't even CARE about characters anymore. And once Sakurai explained Wii Fit Trainer, I was down. He really was going for a WTF. Gotta hand it to him. It was a definite WTF.

I don't care about cuts. I don't care about Sonic or Snake, I don't really care about Ridley/characters in general anymore, and I'm buying both.

I'm nothing but hyped.

Also, DOJO's five days a week thing seems to be going to the Miiverse this time. Gotta buy dat Wii U soon.

So am I the first one to notice the sleek, faster gameplay? And the fact that all the stages shown today aren't incredibly gimmicky? (Well...except the 3DS ones. Maybe they want to emphasize competition more on the Wii U?)
I have, it's part of the reason I'm so hyped. Thank you Namco.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely still buying the games. Those are just my biggest questions at this point.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait, so they're not updating the site 5 days a week, but they are updating Miiverse with new stuff 5 days a week? Hmm?

Sukai

Smash Champion
How the hell is a tales character inevitable?

If anything it's pac man because of that rumor
The folly of the crass...
Young sir, your incredulity and misanthropy is doubly inelegant as it is ignominious. Considering the massive lionization of the Tales of series in both America and Japan, it's very apparent to all but the most unsophisticated and benighted knaves the high possibility of an inclusion via Tales.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You aren't. I'm psyched that seems to be something I can enjoy competitively and casually when I'm derping with my friends.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm just afraid!
I'm also afraid....of your avatar.

Seriously, though, I can understand where you're coming from. I'm a Lloyd supporter too, and I hate it when the Pac-mob hates on/dismisses any other potential Namco character. You just gotta hold on, and if things don't turn out exactly how you wanted or envisioned them to, then...well...sometimes you just gotta swallow your pride and deal with it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Honestly, my biggest concerns at this point:

1) Status of whether or not cuts will happen.
2) Status of Sonic and Snake, in particular.
3) Ridley, because of the anticipation.
4) Version exclusives.

That being said, how long after Brawl's trailer did Sakurai say the "There will be cuts" thing?
I think with these 3 new Sonic WiiU exclusives, I think Sonic is safe.
Worried about Ridley and K. Rool myself.

And although it is technically a different "Link"
I am also worried about toon link:

As well as Lil Mac:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The folly of the crass...
Young sir, your incredulity and misanthropy is doubly inelegant as it is ignominious. Considering the massive lionization of the Tales of series in both America and Japan, it's very apparent to all but the most unsophisticated and benighted knaves the high possibility of an inclusion via Tales.
You talk a lot for saying so little

D

Deleted member

I'm also afraid....of your avatar.

Seriously, though, I can understand where you're coming from. I'm a Lloyd supporter too, and I hate it when the Pac-mob hates on/dismisses any other potential Namco character. You just gotta hold on, and if things don't turn out exactly how you wanted or envisioned them to, then...well...sometimes you just gotta swallow your pride and deal with it.
I see more Tales character supporters hate on Pac-Man than the other way around.

D

Deleted member

Ok,

Now that I've had a chance to rewatch the Smash trailer and catch up with some of the trailers I've missed here's my thoughts.

Gameplay seems faster, and tripping is so far nowhere to be seen. For that I'm thankful.
MegaMan looks OP as ****, but overall I'm glad he's in.
Link looks like a Badass ************, and Samus looks sweet. I'm digging both their looks.
The WiiU stages are beautiful.
DK is funny as hell.
As for the other newcomers, I can grow attached to the Villager... That's all.

I'm actually more hyped for the vets than the newcomers this time around. I wanna see what new tricks they'll have in store.

As for the Smash Trailer, not as good as Brawl, but it's still pretty good. I mean, till the White Devil and all. My overall opinion is skeptical but hopeful, I mean it is Smash after all.

As for other games.

Hyper for:
Bayonetta 2
X
Mario Kart 8
DKC Tropical Freeze

Oh, and Sony stole the show. Metal Gear Solid 5 is all the reasons I need for a PS4. Game looks top notch (plus lets not forget FFXV, Destiny, Last of Us and Guilty Gear Xrd).

Oh, and the Fairy Types in Pokemon are cool. Though Marril is a strange fit.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Please let my Toon Link be safe though. I hate it when my most wanted character gets in the first game, but gets kicked out of the next. It happened to Mewtwo and there can be a chance the same would happen to Toon Link. Hopefully that ST Link is just Smash 4's 75m Donkey Kong.

Gotta keep positive...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think with these 3 new Sonic WiiU exclusives, I think Sonic is safe.
Worried about Ridley and K. Rool myself.

And although it is technically a different "Link"
I am also worried about toon link:

As well as Lil Mac:

Yeah, I'm still clinging to the "Different Link" thing, too, haha.

But with the boxing move, I don't think it's a death sentence for Little Mac. It's just one move, after all, and characters have shared moves before. Now Balloon Fighter, on the other hand...well, I think whatever chance he had was shot, mainly because the balloons are something that only really he (and Tingle) were known for.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I see more Tales character supporters hate on Pac-Man than the other way around.
True enough. I guess it's more dismissal than hate, really. But it still bugs me that a number of Pac-fans see Pac-man as somehow the only viable option for a Namco character.

Also, apparently the Pokemon Direct is about to start. Anyone know where that's happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom