• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Microsoft is a ****ing mangled corpse on a road with tons of tire tracks all over its body. Theres also stab wounds, burn marks, chunks of flash that were chapped off and maggots are already devouring it's corpse.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like how Sony just destroyed Microsoft even though Microsoft has a stronger console than them, and I don't think it will even be close.

Funny, because that is how the first Xbox (One) went against the PS2 went. The first Xbox (One) was so much more powerful than the GameCube or PS2, yet the other two consoles netted a much greater profit than the first Xbox (One).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nintendo really doesn't have to do anything tomorrow besides break even so there's really no pressure on their front.
If Nintendo announces Kingdom Hearts 3 and at least 2 new compelling IPs they scored a 2nd place for me.
they must drop the megatons for a first place.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Nintendo really needs to hit with Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and especially Super Smash Bros-and "convince us" that the success of the 3DS and the amount of killer 3DS games will be available on the Wii U very soon.
they must drop the megatons for a first place.
To me that would be a RAM expansion pack, Metroid Prime 4, a Zelda Wii U game that brings Zelda back to its' glor ydays, a Star Fox game that blows your face away, or for the new Super Mario game to really be a revolutionary game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo really doesn't have to do anything tomorrow besides break even so there's really no pressure on their front.
If anything, Nintendo will just add more fuel to the fire by also adding more pressure and possible jabs. There will be so much fire it will make Hell look like Antarctica by comparison.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think Nintendo really needs to hit with Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and especially Super Smash Bros-and "convince us" that the success of the 3DS and the amount of killer 3DS games will be available on the Wii U very soon.

To me that would be a RAM expansion pack, Metroid Prime 4, or a Star Fox game that blows your face away.
They need to add key system features like voice chat support and the critical link Club Nintendo accounts.
They need to show a variety of games and so 3rd party surprises.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pretty much. Build their install base, show off games that stand up to the Nintendo standard, remind everyone that they're not Microsoft, and they're pretty much in a better place than before. All Nintendo needs is a proper install base and they'll start getting some attention from publishers again. That is the only thing holding developers back right now. This holiday season will be the true litmus test for the Wii U. Although they won't beat out Sony they can sure pass Microsoft with a $299-$350 tag and Pikmin/Mario Kart/Zelda.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If anything, Nintendo will just add more fuel to the fire by also adding more pressure and possible jabs. There will be so much fire it will make Hell look like Antarctica by comparison.
What I meant is that they really don't even have to "win" at this point because Microsoft had the worst E3 Conference in 7 years. At this point Nintendo would have to go out of their way to be as bad. For Nintendo to "win", the main thing they'd have to do is announce new bundles or a price cut at this point.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Nintendo wins by default for me because they are my jam, so naturally I am more affected and compelled by what they have to say. Getting me interested enough to even listen to another jam is the goal of the others, Sony succeeded. Microsoft, better luck next time. If there is a next time...

Don't worry, as long as you install a Skype and can at least text chat, you're invited.

If text is fine, holder.of.the.heel

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Nintendo will need a couple of 3rd parties (we might see more of watch dogs) and some HUGE surprises in order to win

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It get's better tomorrow...when are we meeting up for this skype shin-dig?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They need to add key system features like voice chat support and the critical link Club Nintendo accounts.
Adding in voice chat will be a much needed addition along with the ability to invite people to games (if that's not done already).

Still, it's going to be next to impossible to topple Sony, but it will more than likely be a very respectable showing.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo has been negotiating with third parties over exclusives and partnerships.

We have the three Sonic games.
We have Namco Bandai working on Super Smash Bros.
We have Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.
We have exclusives like Bayonetta 2 in the works.

But, more of this type of stuff wouldn't hurt. The partnership that would probably get people really excited at this point would be Capcom and Nintendo working together on a Nintendo vs. Capcom game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Agreed on the key features. As for the 3rd parties, they already got Sonic and Bayonetta exclusively (plus Dragon Quest X), which are obviously bigger and better exclusive 3rd party series than what Microsoft or Sony showed. If they get say Kingdom Hearts III, Dragon Quest XI, and/or Final Fantasy XV, or a fairly big exclusive on top of Bayonetta and Sonic, that'd be huge, especially Dragon Quest XI.

The 3 exclusive Sonic games alone is bigger than any of the 3rd party deals we saw today.
Fingers crossed that the next Mario Kart is like Double Dash
Fingers crossed you are wrong in that this is the only game mode...

...but fingers crossed that this is one of many game modes! :shades:

#OptionsAreTheBest

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm just going to say this, the Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement was the best part of the entire Sony Conference.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo wins by default for me because they are my jam, so naturally I am more affected and compelled by what they have to say. Getting me interested enough to even listen to another jam is the goal of the others, Sony succeeded. Microsoft, better luck next time. If there is a next time...

If text is fine, holder.of.the.heel
Alright, I'll be adding you.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
All right, it's off to bed for me. When I awaken, it'll only be an hour before my body reaches critical readiness.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
What's up?
quite a lot. Sony crucified Microsoft and did one of their best shows in years.

Nintendo is in for a fight tomorrow....but it looks like Micro is the true loser here.

from the current conferences, I rank it Sony>>>EA>>Ubi>Micro.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The graphics in this reveal trailer are rather poor IMO. It looks really cheap, especially for a game of such a huge magnitude. All that trailer literally did was say "HEY! KINGDOM HEARTS III IS BEING MADE!!!"

Yeah, we already assumed that Square Enix. We're not stupid. Your titles between II and III weren't bringing in the big money, and they needed an actually new title.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Adding in voice chat will be a much needed addition along with the ability to invite people to games (if that's not done already).

Still, it's going to be next to impossible to topple Sony, but it will more than likely be a very respectable showing.
As big of an Nintendo fan as I am, I agree this is a tough act to follow.
Nintendo did say they are going to detail new features that are coming in this next system update. I just hope they took notes (which they always seem hesitant to do)
But I am confident their showing will be decent i hope they don't re-tread over already announced games.
That is my fear.
Agreed on the key features. As for the 3rd parties, they already got Sonic and Bayonetta exclusively (plus Dragon Quest X), which are obviously bigger and better exclusive 3rd party series than what Microsoft or Sony showed. If they get say Kingdom Hearts III, Dragon Quest XI, and/or Final Fantasy XV, or a fairly big exclusive on top of Bayonetta and Sonic, that'd be huge, especially Dragon Quest XI.

#OptionsAreTheBest
If the even get GTA5 that will be good enough alone. Realistically I can see Nintendo doing a lot of partnerships with the Japanese devs. Square, SEGA, Capcom
Notice how we have heard little about Megaman this whole day... something is coming tomorrow. something good.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The graphics in this reveal trailer are rather poor IMO. It looks really cheap, especially for a game of such a huge magnitude. All that trailer literally did was say "HEY! KINGDOM HEARTS III IS BEING MADE!!!"

Yeah, we already assumed that Square Enix. We're not stupid. Your titles between II and III weren't bringing in the big money, and they needed an actually new title.

C'mon man, that was impressive for something that is likely barely in development.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If the even get GTA5 that will be good enough alone. Realistically I can see Nintendo doing a lot of partnerships with the Japanese devs. Square, SEGA, Capcom
Notice how we have heard little about Megaman this whole day... something is coming tomorrow. something good.
Well, the PS4 really took advantage of the Xbox nONE's stupid moves. If Nintendo can get GTA V, they'll be golden, especially since that Wii U Pad is perfect for the series IMO.

Nintendo, meanwhile, has been slowly building up their catalog of third party titles, specifically exclusives. Nintendo's already done most everything 3rd party E3-y that they can do before E3, while Sony saved their stuff for E3.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman

dont hate. appreciate.

D

Deleted member

Come on man, don't get me hyped yet. You know I hate being teased in regards to Mega Man...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Kingdom Hearts 3 didn't look bad at all. It just doesn't have the super realistic style that really takes advantage of the power of the system like a lot of the other things they've shown.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
C'mon man, that was impressive for something that is likely barely in development.
For a game barely in development it looked good, but that's the key words.

Still, after Final Fantasy XV's mind blowing graphics it merely didn't look that good. The character models still look the same, but hey, I will say that the background, backdrops, and lighting was superb. But again, compared to Final Fantasy XV's visuals, it looked like it was a whole generation behind.

I just merely stated that because I think unlike Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III is a long ways away. We might even get Smash Wii U and 3DS before we get that game. I don't think Kingdom Hearts III will come out until at the earliest 2015, whereas Final Fantasy XV looks like it's only a year or so away.
dont hate. appreciate.
The inbetween titles are why I'm not a fan. The "press A to win" mechanic got old in Kingdom Hearts II, which, while a great game, had huge flaws that were never fixed. I wished they go back more to the great battle system stuff they had in the first game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys if Ridley is confirmed in the trailer, I will shave my head.

I'm not joking, I'm dead serious.

If we get Ridley, K. Rool, and Mega Man confirmed in the trailer, I will shave my arms and legs as well (which I have never done).

I told Poppy I'd do that, and now, I'm telling all of you.

Sakurai... MAKE... IT... HAPPENNN!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom