• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i dunno... the first half of the press conference was lacking in good stuff..
second half has me hyped, thanks SQUARE, old man.... and more watch dogs/////: seriously? that game is also coming out for Wii U y'know. but anyways..... i swear that killer instinct.... MMMMMM!!!
The first half only had two bad parts, plus the delay. The other negative was the Square Enix IMO (because the Square side has been on a skid the last few years; I wished they showed something that proved they were going to bring the Enix quality), and the NBA 2K part (which was bearable).
OH **** A NEW ELDER SCROLLS!!!!
It's Elder Scrolls Online, which was announced last year with no platform. But hey, that's a huge plus for this conference for Sony.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sony is killing it. I mean, my interests will always lie mostly with Nintendo, but damn, if I was neutral I'd be psyched to pick up a PS4. Especially if KHIII is an exclusive (which I doubt). I'd be very surprised if Nintendo topped this.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*crosses fingers for Uncharted 4, a new God of War, or a new Jak game in this conference (then it gets an A in my book for sure)*

But DANG, Mad Max=??? Is it because they're making a new Mad Max movie=??? :eek:
I'm not a Sony guy... but they are absolutely killing this press conference.
Aside from the multimedia crap, the Sony Pictures part aside, and a few other small minor issues.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
LOL TAKING MORE JABS AT MICROSOFT.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
ACIV I suspect will be worse than ACIII, since the series has been Madden'd/Call of Duty'd with these yearly releases, which kills the franchises' quality.

I dunno, I think Nintendo can still pull it out. Super Mario U, Zelda U, Mario Kart U (Mario Kart Wii sold a crap ton of copies! Way more than any 360 or PS3 title!), Smash Wii U and 3DS, and probably something from Retro (STAR FOX? F-ZERO? METROID?).

Plus now Sony is failing. NBA 2K died for me after Justin Bieber became a playable character.

Despite the quick releases, a lot of elements of ACIII are pretty fantastic. Since I assume ACIV will have the same engine, I kind of see it as more of an upgrade than an entirely new sequel... hopefully they'll be able to focus more on preventing glitches this time (oh good lord... the glitches.)

The thing is, Nintendo's already screwed up their new system launch, and that's where M$ and Sony are right now. Nintendo might pull off an awesome conference, but it'll be hard for them to pull up from the dive they're in now.

Andddd, here comes Sony's ever so subtle bashing of Microsoft. They must be so happy, hah.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I take back what I said about Sony ****** MS dry. They're ****** with thorns and vinegar.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Lmao this conference

This generation is PS4 and Wii U, hope I can afford it all.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
mmm drop in and out $5 a month for PSN plus
or manditory 60 for a year for XBL...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Despite the quick releases, a lot of elements of ACIII are pretty fantastic. Since I assume ACIV will have the same engine, I kind of see it as more of an upgrade than an entirely new sequel... hopefully they'll be able to focus more on preventing glitches this time (oh good lord... the glitches.)
ACIII killed my favorite part of the series... exploring the cities, especially via rooftops. They destroyed it, and they made the cities absolutely worthless. Sure hunting and the wild was fun, but my God, the cities were terrible, the game felt limited (especially in the war scenes), and there was way too many boring parts and filler. And all that crap I held against the game and I didn't even mention the awful glitches (oh wait, I just did!). :awesome:
The thing is, Nintendo's already screwed up their new system launch, and that's where M$ and Sony are right now. Nintendo might pull off an awesome conference, but it'll be hard for them to pull up from the dive they're in now.
Not really. The Xbox 360 had few quality ties at this point in it's lifetime, and it pulled around and was a huge financial success. All the Xbox 360 had at this point was Forza 2, Dead Rising, and I think some other quality game (not Perfect Dark Zero, lol!).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
**** Sony going in for the kill just beat out the Nintendo/Sega wars.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bungie being hyped by Sony... I'd thought I'd never see the day...
mmm $5 a month for PSN plus
or 60 for a year for XBL...
It's not required for mic chat though. It's mostly there for buying digital games and whatnot, especially if you do so a lot.
By the way, where the **** is The Last Guardian? We haven't heard jack from that in a long time.
I don't think it is a thing anymore! :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Destiny looks sexy.

Insomniac went Micro**** while Bungie went Sony? AHAHAHAHAHA
What next, Naughty Dogs goes to Microsoft, 343 Studios goes to Nintendo, and Retro Studios goes to Sony=??? :laugh:
idk guys this is too good.
The price has gotta be the catch.
Below the Xbox One and the Xbox One is dead in the water...

D

Deleted member

Updating list for the last time tonight:
- Me
- Shortie
- Smooth Criminal
- Moon Monkey
- Fastblade5035
- Dark Phazon
- Starphoenix
- augustoflores
- Johnknight1
- disfunkshunal
- shinpichu
- Zinfandel
- Young Horsetail
- thethirdkoopa
- ManlySpirit
- FalchionX1
- KumaOso
- N3ON
- SmashShadow
- TheFirstPoppyBros

RebelliousTreeko, if you can find it, make sure to tell me as soon as possible so I can add you. As for others not on the list, PM me if you want in.
Yeah Smooth it's 10 am Eastern time

I don't know what I'm going to do in the 3 or 4 hours I'm up until 10, I'll probably just listen to Melee's OST in preparation
Psst... you can always come to my Skype group if you don't have school or other things to worry about.
I'm as big of a Nintendo fan as anyone else, but if Sony launches this as a decent price, they're laying claim to the crown again this generation. Just being real.

Crap, dp.
This. I wasn't planning on getting the PS4 originally, but if they can pull a PS2 this time around (which I absolutely loved), I'll be getting it. Beside, it has Gran Turismo and I LOVE that franchise almost as much as I do Smash and bought a PS3 just for GT5.

Looks like I may just be going multi-console again; a Wii-U and a PS4. And no, I haven't seen the conference yet. If it is as good as people think, then I am going to try to get both systems.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Only thing that Nintendo could do to beat Sony at this point would be to have Reggie start making jabs at Microsoft.

EDIT: Which reminds me, I really miss Kevin Butler. He would have been PERFECT for such a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom