• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They didn't say Kingdom Hearts was exclusive looks like Nintendo/Microsoft might get the title too.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
KINGDOM HEARTS 3 FINALLY!!!! :chuckle: No more of these handheld games!

And I thought they already confirmed that Versus was going to be 14?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dang, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III. Sorry Nintendo. This has been an excellent showing for Sony. I think it's fair to say they've got this thing in the bag.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Kingdom Hearts is overrated. :p

And yeah, Assassin's Creed=??? Revelations hurt my passion for the series, and ACIII killed it for me. It's been Call of Duty'd to me...
They didn't say Kingdom Hearts was exclusive looks like Nintendo might get the title too.
That touch screen is too perfect for RPG's.

Also, they didn't say that about FFXV either, did they=???

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey, so... is the Nintendo Direct at Seven AM (Pacific Coast time)?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dang, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III. Sorry Nintendo. This has been an excellent showing for Sony. I think it's fair to say they've got this thing in the bag.
Well to be fair, recent titles in both those franchises have been underwhelming to say the least (FFXIII was an average-ish game IMO, and all the Kingdom Hearts games since II have been stale KHII clones, and that game was easy and fairly repetitive already), and those games tend to have limited appeal to just RPG fans.

If Nintendo can come out of the action game and RPG shell and show lots of Smash and other games from other genres, they can still win... so long as they don't mention TV.
Hey, so... is the Nintendo Direct at Seven AM (Pacific Coast time)?
Yes... sadly.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well to be fair, recent titles in both those franchises have been underwhelming to say the least (FFXIII was an average-ish game IMO, and all the Kingdom Hearts games since II have been stale KHII clones, and that game was easy and fairly repetitive already), and those games tend to have limited appeal to just RPG fans.

If Nintendo can come out of the action game and RPG shell and show lots of Smash and other games from other genres, they can still win... so long as they don't mention TV.
I'm as big of a Nintendo fan as anyone else, but if Sony launches this as a decent price, they're laying claim to the crown again this generation. Just being real.

Crap, dp.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Assassin's Creed IV: Basically Assassin's Creed III, but with Pirates.

So basically, it is to ACIII what Revelations was to ACII, except, well, ACIII is an inferior game to ACII in every way, shape, and form.

(I consider ACII to be amazing, and ACIII to be slightly above average)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm not a Sony guy... but they are absolutely killing this press conference.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah... I'll be honest. I bought ACII, AC:Brotherhood, AC:Revelations, and just bought ACIII. I agree that ACIII isn't nearly as solid as the other games, but I suspect that ACIV will be than it...

Hey, what the heck, just lost my feed.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sony is easily having the best conference so far.

I expect good stuff out of Nintendo too, but it seems like Sony has this in the bag.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm unsure on whether I'm going to get Watch Dogs, I might need to wait for the reviews to hear about it. It has my curiosity...

Now it just needs my attention. :awesome:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i dunno... the first half of the press conference was lacking in good stuff..
second half has me hyped, thanks SQUARE, old man.... and more watch dogs/////: seriously? that game is also coming out for Wii U y'know. but anyways..... i swear that killer instinct.... MMMMMM!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm as big of a Nintendo fan as anyone else, but if Sony launches this as a decent price, they're laying claim to the crown again this generation. Just being real.

Crap, dp.
Gotta do it with franchises that aren't on the downside like Assassin's Creed, Kingdom Hearts, and especially Final Fantasy are, at least with me. I think fan interest for all of those series except maybe Kingdom Hearts has gotta be at or near an all-time low. Heck, I haven't liked a Final Fantasy game since the Tactics series and IX.

Also, Nintendo's position is very similar to the Xbox 360 last generation (released a year early with few quality games), and I think they can still win this.

Still, seeing Watch Dogs is a huge positive. I'm super hyped for that.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Watch Dogs seems pretty awesome. Yeah... I'll probably end up getting a PS4 (and a Wii U). I really hope Nintendo blows me away.

Edit: And the NBA game is really demonstrating that, next gen graphics or no, it's damn difficult to animate mouths in a way that isn't terrifying.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
-compelling games
-indie support
-kingdom hearts FF versus

from the looks of this
1) Sony*
2) Nintendo* (smash alone place nintendo in top 3)
3) Ubisoft
4) Microsoft
5) EA
6) Konami

*- subject to change

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah... I'll be honest. I bought ACII, AC:Brotherhood, AC:Revelations, and just bought ACIII. I agree that ACIII isn't nearly as solid as the other games, but I suspect that ACIV will be than it...

Hey, what the heck, just lost my feed.
ACIV I suspect will be worse than ACIII, since the series has been Madden'd/Call of Duty'd with these yearly releases, which kills the franchises' quality.
Sony is easily having the best conference so far.

I expect good stuff out of Nintendo too, but it seems like Sony has this in the bag.
I dunno, I think Nintendo can still pull it out. Super Mario U, Zelda U, Mario Kart U (Mario Kart Wii sold a crap ton of copies! Way more than any 360 or PS3 title!), Smash Wii U and 3DS, and probably something from Retro (STAR FOX? F-ZERO? METROID?).

Plus now Sony is failing. NBA 2K died for me after Justin Bieber became a playable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom