• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@ Oasis That is exactly how i ended up buying Fire Emblem. It's almost like they shorten the supply on purpose...

D

Deleted member

Not quite.... now this would be cringe worthy. :troll:

Seriously, I don't see why people whine so much about Mewtwo's new form. It's not like Mewtwo's original form can't come back as playable.

Honestly, I get kind of tired of hearing all the whining surrounding Mewtwo's new form. Mewtwo is Mewtwo and for people who want it in Smash 4, that is what should matter, not which form it becomes playable in.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ether don't make Mewtwo garbage, or don't bother at all.

**** character loyalty sap, garbage is still garbage. No sane person wants to tolerate garbage, a sane person wants something more then that.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Well, thanks for making me feel welcome, gents!

The problem I have with Mewtwo's new form being a Final Smash is that I would really want to play as him normally. While characters like Giga Bowser and Super Sonic aren't viable for normal play, Mewtwo's Awakened Form would be great to play as. I usually turn items off, so I'd basically never be able to use the new form. And don't kill me but I kinda want the new form more than the old form for this game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not sure yet. One thing is for sure, I will lose a lot of hype if neither Ridley or Mega Man is shown in the unveil trailer. I may not even follow Smash 4 for a while if that happens.

Don't kid yourself, you're still going to follow the news regardless. Everyone is regardless on what happens.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Bring back Mewtwo in his new form. His old form wasn't good enough for Smash. He got his ass kicked.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Original Mewtwo is still the best in my eyes, not that I hate Awakened Mewtwo or anything, though the head-tail is pretty dang weird of a design choice. Personal preference aside, am still betting on regular Mewtwo with Awakened Mewtwo being a Final Smash.

Also the Mewtwo moveset butthurt keeps reminding me of Black Shadowdorf for some reason.

D

Deleted member

Original Mewtwo is still the best in my eyes, not that I hate Awakened Mewtwo or anything, though the head-tail is pretty dang weird of a design choice. Personal preference aside, am still betting on regular Mewtwo with Awakened Mewtwo being a Final Smash.

Also the Mewtwo moveset butthurt keeps reminding me of Black Shadowdorf for some reason.
Ideally, we'd get both the original form and the new form in the game and I think it will happen since I do think Sakurai would want the original form back.

In a way, that is true. Luckily, the new form actually has a chance of making Mewtwo a better character overall than it was in Melee and I look forward to how Mewtwo is implemented.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Look, here's the real deal explanation as to why I believe people don't like Mewtwo's awakened forme.

The Artist: Ken Sugimori's art has changed over the years, that's become apparent by everyone by now. This Awakened forme uses a flawless [sic] creature as the base for it's appearance... anything based off the ultimate psychic pokemon should be on par with it or be considered less of a creature like phione to it's manaphy.

speculation theory: Mewtwo has a rib cage and his character art clearly shows it's sternocleidomastoid, thus it's similarities to humans... unfortunately, Newtwo's existence means it has lost his human DNA.

Cosmetic: This may be up for debate but Newtwo has lost it's frighteningly powerful appearance because of how much Newtwo is round... and it's eyes... those semi circle (oval?) eyes don't show it's power of fear like the full oval of Mewtwo. (oh, and that head tail)

Personal: I hate it's legs. I'm okay with it's tail on it's head but i cannot forgive the ring + horns. Mewtwo's Bone horns were baddass.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This didn't get much attention earlier, so I'm bringing it up again. During this weekend, Namco announced Tekken Revolution.
A lot of people believe that this is actually an experimental beta, like for Tekken 7 or more so likely for Tekken X Street Fighter. If this is true, this is a way of letting people experiment with some concepts and provide feedback. From the looks of things, this is a touched up version of Tag 2 (graphically) with new mechanics propped in. Would you like to see Nintendo do this for future games? If they want to try out new ideas for a Mario platformer (especially the 2D ones), they can essentially do mods of their current games and release them as free, short games for people to try out. I definitely think it's a business model really worth considering so long as the P2W (Pay to Win) aspect of MMO F2P's is avoided.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
His Newtwo form does look like it fits the role of Psychic Pokemon a little better. But the original design, in of itself, is the better design.

D

Deleted member

Newtwo has really grown on me.

While it is inferior in design to the original, it's not really all that bad, minus the tail-head.
If for some half-assed reason that Newtwo is the only form Mewtwo is playable in, that is acceptable.
And anyone who pulls the "nostalgia" bullcrap over the original design better support Other M Ridley because of the older design being nothin' but nostalgia. :smirk:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
People still want Toad? PreBrawl he had vocal supporters. Not so sure about the dedication of his base this time around.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While it is inferior in design to the original, it's not really all that bad, minus the tail-head.
If for some half-***** reason that Newtwo is the only form Mewtwo is playable in, that is acceptable.
And anyone who pulls the "nostalgia" bullcrap over the original design better support Other M Ridley because of the older design being nothin' but nostalgia. :smirk:
I think people will warm up to Awakened Mewtwo once they see it in action (though in the English dub probably), though it'll NEVER (which I'm saying as a fact) be able to beat out the original in the long run for obvious reasons that go beyond just nostalgia. I wouldn't say nostalgia is a bad thing, it can definitely get out of hand (Ex. Gen One-ers), but the same can be said for any extreme take on thing, and no, I wouldn't say this is one of those times where it has.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just remembered an odd dream I had last night.

It was the Smash 4 reveal, but it was set up like an interview. I only caught one name in my dream, which was Palutena. It was odd, but I dunno. Could be one of my weird premonitory dreams, but I doubt it. I mostly find it odd how Palutena was the only name I heard.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It kills me to say this, but I'm not really hyped to see anyone in particular in the trailer.

I mean, the only thing that would make me hyped would be if I see this guy:

But like even then, his chances are very slim. Now, his older self has a shot at making it into the game. But in the trailer? Mmm, nah. Not really expecting it.

On Mewtwo, I prefer his original self a bit better, just design wise. But I do like his new form. I'm really interested how Mewtwo/Newtwo will be handled if he gets in. We do have a chance to introduce a gen VI Pokemon, and I know that some people don't want to see Pokemon left on a point where Lucario will be the only Pokemon that's not gen I. However, in the end, we don't really play as "reps" but as our favourite Nintedo all-stars. I'm not fond of the idea to add Pokemon from a different gen solely to have more gen diversity. Gen I has very iconic/Popular Pokemon, what can I say? But deep down inside I'm sad that Zoroark failed as a mascot in the long run compared to Lucario. I still have hope though...

D

Deleted member

I think people will warm up to Awakened Mewtwo once they see it in action (though in the English dub probably), though it'll NEVER (which I'm saying as a fact) be able to beat out the original in the long run for obvious reasons that go beyond just nostalgia. I wouldn't say nostalgia is a bad thing, it can definitely get out of hand (Ex. Gen One-ers), but the same can be said for any extreme take on thing, and no, I wouldn't say this is one of those times where it has.
We at least know from the manga for the movie that the new form is quite fast, being able to outspeed the Red Genesect (at least for now; the next chapter comes in the next CoroCoro).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Look, here's the real deal explanation as to why I believe people don't like Mewtwo's awakened forme.

The Artist: Ken Sugimori's art has changed over the years, that's become apparent by everyone by now. This Awakened forme uses a flawless [sic] creature as the base for it's appearance... anything based off the ultimate psychic pokemon should be on par with it or be considered less of a creature like phione to it's manaphy.

speculation theory: Mewtwo has a rib cage and his character art clearly shows it's sternocleidomastoid, thus it's similarities to humans... unfortunately, Newtwo's existence means it has lost his human DNA.

Cosmetic: This may be up for debate but Newtwo has lost it's frighteningly powerful appearance because of how much Newtwo is round... and it's eyes... those semi circle (oval?) eyes don't show it's power of fear like the full oval of Mewtwo. (oh, and that head tail)

Personal: I hate it's legs. I'm okay with it's tail on it's head but i cannot forgive the ring + horns. Mewtwo's Bone horns were baddass.
I think the changes may be more somewhat symbolic. Going by the movies, Mewtwo was filled with unbridled rage, complementing his fierce appearance. Newtwo appears to be practically enlightened., with tranquil fury.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We at least know from the manga for the movie that the new form is quite fast, being able to outspeed the Red Genesect (at least for now; the next chapter comes in the next CoroCoro).
Didn't know a new chapter was out. Awakened Mewtwo being faster doesn't surprise me though. Definitely going to be interesting to see it's stats.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...You've earned back a little bit of respect, Johnknight..
Bashing Dragon Ball GT = always earned respect. Although, I think Pan > young kid Gohan. At least she isn't a pansy, albeit she is fairly annoying just like young kid Gohan. Also, the Super Saiyan 4 form is pretty epic. But yeah, that whole Piccolo dying thing was sheer and utter bullcrap, and ruined it for me, worst than anything else.
Do NOT call N3ON a cow you ***.
That's you, she's chickenpox. :troll:
And don't you worry about semantics, you may not see it because you lack the Sight. Apophenia, the attribution to meaning to random or meaningless data, is where our uniformity and goals come to mind. This individualistic view will be hard for you to understand, you being an imperialistic tyrant.
Out of picking the two teams, I've guessed all 8 of the last NBA Finals right.
I knew this day would come, that you'd come crawling to me. I will accept your invitation IF I become the supreme leader of the Moonknights.
Nope. Either you can be right-hand man, or you can be an... associate or ally, who may or may not actually be a part of the MEN OF MOONKNIGHTS, but an associate or ally nonetheless. The choice is yours as to which if you choose to accept, of course.
You will not be the N3ON Moonknights, this I can assure you. And MonK4 will join me because I will allow him to do as thou wilt. He will not receive absolute orders from me. This will ultimately lead him to me because he is obviously a man about principle and not about money.
I am allowing him to do that, too, except he will actually have allies, and he'll make a huge share of profit, and he'll gain POWER!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone have bananas in their town?

I have oranges and I want bananas

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I respectfully decline.
So much for the N3ON Heels under the Moon. So N3ON, Heel... ready to join THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT=??? First one to join becomes my right-hand man and is required to do nothing but not take an alliance with our enemies.
wait wait wait... so the factions are? Men of Moonknight and N3ON Heels? is there more options?
MEN OF MOONKNIGHT is the best, and we will destroy all the rest.
I'll just go ahead and point out that I'm a soloist. I take no sides. At least not officially. Though I'd still die fighting against Johnny Boi.
If you so want, we can form an alliance and trade deal to where you can remain a soloist, but still have some... "friends" at THE MEN OF MOOKNIGHT!!! ;)
We're too cool to be a faction like dem Moonknights, we're just a group that will never topple to the tyrannical dictator Johnknight and his lackeys, with an impeccable taste in shoes. :shades:
I am not a tyrannical dictators. The current world powers are. And besides, Moon and I exist to balance each other out, which is why we both have equal powers within our group. Also, we don't have "lackies," we have powerful allies who are referred to as "THE MIGHTY MEN OF MOONKIGHT" who are largely free to do what they want. And on top of that, THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT seek to do good by the world... by reestablishing the power arrangement, and by saving Smash Bros. from the hands of Sakurai, putting Young Justice and Green Lantern back on Cartoon Network, and by returning the Spectacular Spider-Man show.
All those who want to fight the power of the oppressive Moonknights while looking fabulous are welcomed as allies! :awesome:
We got a sponsorship with Nike. Top that.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I am not a tyrannical dictators. The current world powers are. And besides, Moon and I exist to balance each other out, which is why we both have equal powers within our group.

How can you have equal power in the group if Moon has a belt, and you don't?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Whatever dude, Adidas Samba for best sneaker of all time.
Adidas' shoes are nice, but their clothing is horrible, often times uncomfortable, and totally generic-looking. Also, they don't have LeBron James, Patrick Willis, Michael Jordan, or Peyton Manning sponsored by them.
I stopped watching when he said that Ike had the same chance as Porky.
It's probably for the best that you stopped there. By the way, I'm saving my "Character Predictions" video until a few weeks after the trailer. I'm just gonna put up the 15-20 newcomers who I think have the best shot at being playable. Most of the reason for my wait is I wanna see what characters are first confirmed, and to see what new Pokémon we will be getting this generation.
How can you have equal power in the group if Moon has a belt, and you don't?
I stole CLAIMED your belt while you weren't looking. Go, on, prove me wrong. Try to find it. IT'S MINE NOW!!!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Get a load of this guy! He thinks he can actually rate the chances of all "possible" characters. :troll:
Yo, I think I saw that vid before. What I wanna know is what formula he uses to calculate everyone's chances. :confused: lol

But Roy's at 45%. Dammit, my hopes are crushed! :c Oh well, at least Zoroark is at 85%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom