• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
GTA: San Andreas was the best GTA I've ever played.
and I'm really excited for GTA 5. I'm secretly hoping for a WiiU version (yeah i know its slim to none but i can dream)
If not i'll just get it for the PS4 as soon as I get my money up

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm only going to want the PS4 for like one game lol (which would be the next Mortal Kombat) so it'll be a while before I decide to get that

As much as I love Smash, I really don't want to get an entire console that I'm really not all that interested in for one game that I like, so I don't know when I'll get a Wii U either. Depends on how E3 goes

I'm really not that much of a gamer at all anymore lol besides being a fan of a handful of series outside of Smash still ongoing

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
GTA: San Andreas was easily the best GTA I played yeah! One small complaint though:

But afterwards it became much better. K-Jah West for best radio programm! :laugh:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm only going to want the PS4 for like one game lol (which would be the next Mortal Kombat) so it'll be a while before I decide to get that

As much as I love Smash, I really don't want to get an entire console that I'm really not all that interested in for one game that I like, so I don't know when I'll get a Wii U either. Depends on how E3 goes

I'm really not that much of a gamer at all anymore lol besides being a fan of a handful of series outside of Smash still ongoing
I'm not gonna lie this Gen I've been shifting over to Sony more and more. I kinda felt that Nintendo just abandoned it's user base towards the end of the cycle, meanwhile Sony is pumping out new IPs reviving old games (Sly 4 was amazing). I myself DID buy a WiiU for Smash and Smash only, everything else is extra for me.

But I agree, a lot depends on how Nintendo runs this years E3

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh my Lord, lol, I'm legit crying right now I'm laughing so hard at that pic Diddy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not gonna lie this gen I've been shifting over to Sony more and more I kinda felt Nintendo just abandoned it's user base towards the end of the cycle meanwhile Sony is pumping out new games reviving old games (Sly 4 was amazing). I myself DID buy a WiiU for smash and Smash only, everything else a extra for me.
Sony is the business lol I can't hate on them simply because they gave us the PS2 (which I would still be playing if I could find my damn Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and RE: Code Veronica copies)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh my Lord, lol, I'm legit crying right now I'm laughing so hard at that pic Diddy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sony is the business lol I can't hate on them simply because they gave us the PS2 (which I would still be playing if I could find my damn Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and RE: Code Veronica copies)
Well i'm going to have to give them daps for good business decisions that they have made in the past for their consoles (They have made a handful of questionable moves but overall it has been decent for me). There TVs are a whole 'nother story--
On second thought i might just keep a WiiU:
http://kotaku.com/rumor-the-ps4-has-used-games-drm-509969406
Hope it dosen't become anytrhing more than just a rumor.

In other news E3 is only 2 weeks and a day away!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Kotaku? Eh, I wouldn't trust them

I dunno, just a feeling I have

But yeah, E3 is only like 2 weeks away? Daaaaaaaaamn, that's just too crazy lmao it only seems like a few months to me when the game first got announced

vicgur

Smash Ace
Ooh, ooh! Can I do it too?

Born: March, 1991
First Game: Gauntlet. It's my earliest gaming memory.
Childhood Games: Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 2, Pokémon Red & Gold, and some Nintendo 64 when I was a little older
Adolescent Game: Smash Bros. Melee. That was also my Tony Hawk phase, so I basicaly played every Tony Hawk the Game Cube had.
High School Games: It was all about retro games. Brawl was coming up, so I wanted to have some kind of marathon of games that are, in some way, featured in it. So that's when I played Metal Gear for the first time(to know Snake better), for example. I also played games like Metroid Prime and Majora's Mask... So yeah, High School was the time I really got into games. 2008 was the year I graduated, and also the year of Brawl. I played it like it was the last game of my life.
Now: Basically, 3DS.

Oops, it got bigger than I expected...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Okay, fine, I'll join in:

Born: 1993
First Game: Pac Man on the GBC(I think)
Childhood Games: Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Crystal, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Adolescent Game: Wind Waker, Smash Bros. Melee, Civilization 3
Highschool Games: IDK, there's a whole bunch and highschool wasn't that long ago for me. Mostly Wii and DS stuff, but this was also when I got my PSP. It's also when I started getting in to retro stuff.
Now: Fire Emblem mostly.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You guys may have already talked about this, but unless you haven't, another rumor popped up a few days ago on NeoGAF http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564809 As always it is more than likely fake, but it is always fun to read these and speculate. This particular rumor is full of things that are either vague or obvious though so there isn't much to talk about lol. ".there will be an unveil trailer, and during this trailer a few characters in the. Roster will be announced. All the others are black shadowy silhouettes."
Good to know, I am sure glad it is confirmed that a few characters will be revealed in the trailer. :rolleyes: It at least mentions that the game is to be released late next year, although if this is true I will be a little disappointed. I was hoping for an early 2014 release, that said I would rather the game be polished than rushed so I shouldn't complain if this is the case.
That rumor is false. Logic aside, several other users in that very thread pointed out inconsistencies with prior posts. He/she likely will be banned in a couple of weeks. Here is a good rule of thumb on E3 rumors: if the leak contains information on multiple Nintendo projects -- it is false. I can guarantee you most of Nintendo doesn't even know the contents of the E3 Direct let alone random NeoGAF user. Whatever minuscule chance there was for a leak is all but nil when there will not be a large presentation as in past E3s. I know everyone is excited but think about this before setting yourself up for disappointment.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Born: 1992
First game: Sonic The Hedgehog / Alex Kidd
Childhood game: Banjo-Kazooie / Banjo Tooie
Adolescent game: Super Smash Bros. Melee (big surprise)
High School: pretty much everything
Now: pretty much everything

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sup?

I've seen some of them rumors floating around about E3 having some sort of SSB Direct? I assume it's been comfirmed, or..?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sup?

I've seen some of them rumors floating around about E3 having some sort of SSB Direct? I assume it's been comfirmed, or..?
There will be a Nintendo Direct in June 11th at 7 AM Pacific Time and will mention SSB4 among other major upcoming Wii U or 3DS titles.

That's all what's known.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
That rumor is false. Logic aside, several other users in that very thread pointed out inconsistencies with prior posts. He/she likely will be banned in a couple of weeks. Here is a good rule of thumb on E3 rumors: if the leak contains information on multiple Nintendo projects -- it is false. I can guarantee you most of Nintendo doesn't even know the contents of the E3 Direct let alone random NeoGAF user. Whatever minuscule chance there was for a leak is all but nil when there will not be a large presentation as in past E3s. I know everyone is excited but think about this before setting yourself up for disappointment.
Ya I figured it would be fake. I didn't realize, however, that if a rumor talks about multiple nintendo projects it is guaranteed to be false. That makes sense though, how would someone get all that information from all of Nintendo's branches without being Miyamoto or something? Oh well, even the blatantly false rumors are a fun read if nothing else.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Born: 1996
First game: Pokemon Blue
Childhood Games: Pokemon Silver/Crystal, TLOZ Majora's Mask, Spyro 2, Crash Team Racing, Kung Fu Chaos
Adolescence Games: Super Smash bros Melee, Super smash Bros Brawl, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Pokemon Emerald, Astro Boy
High School Games: Black Ops 2, Skyrim, to be determined...
Now: ^

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Born: 1996
First game: Mario Kart 64
Childhood Games: SSB64, a ton of Crash Bandicoot games, Super Mario 64, Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Adolescence Games: SSBM, SSBB
Currently Playing: SSBB, Guild Wars 2

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll join in too.

Born: 1995
First Game: Super Mario Bros.
Childhood Games: Super Bubsy, Duck Hunt, Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World, Wild Gunman
Adolescence Games: Call of Duty 1, 2, 4, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Mario Power Tennis, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pokémon Emerald and FireRed, M&L: SuperStar Saga, Fire Emblem 7
High School Games: NSMB, NSMB Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, M&L: Bowser's Inside Story, Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Now: Golden Sun, Zelda: Majora's Mask,

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just one thing, I'm not very honor driven, I'm much more selfish in that regard. I'm sort of a, "I do things my way" kinda guy. I follow my own morals and guidelines. Think of me as a cross between Ichigo from Bleach, Simon from TTGL and Piccolo from DBZ.
Well just know I'll basically just be me, but I'll have random actions where I act like either Vegeta, Bandit Keith, Captain America, Guile, and Captain Falcon.
Kuma, Diddy, and Habanero would also be part of the group on account that I'm usually on the same boat as them. I can also see N3ON being good friends with Diddy and Chrono. Habanero would be a Grumpy Jin from Samurai Champloo with an affinity for Spicy food, and very shy around girls like Takamaru.
I always thought of Chrono and Toise as self-described like high level teachers of the ways of smash bros character predictions. :laugh:
Ahh, I still think not having a central MC is the best way to go about it, but rather several MCs like Game of Thrones.
Agreed. It also makes things more unpredictable. In series with one main character, you always know they are going to win. With multiple main characters and "good guy" groups/characters, who is going to win will be a mystery until the very end.
[COLLAPSE="Also, this is my theme song"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="This is my three theme songs..."]
Villain/BAMF/God-like mode theme
Hero/Savior/Arrival/Disappearance Theme
Ultimately Victory/Triumph/Good/Moment Theme[/COLLAPSE]

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I say the more important question is, "Who lives?". When you've got factions of main characters, anything can happen.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

These people in the SSB4 thread.

What do we do?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I say the more important question is, "Who lives?". When you've got factions of main characters, anything can happen.
I live, because I can be the awesome anti-hero, the helpful hero, a pure comedian, a guy who has just a heavy dose of crazies, a competitive Melee player, a follower of the ways of epic characters that should be in Smash WiiU and 3DS, and the ALL-AMERICAN!!! :shades:
AMSAH!! Holy **** this guy is amazing. He's from Amsterdam, close enough to where I live (literally like 20min with the train for me). ONLY THIS MAN CAN MAKE ME RESPECT SHEIK! Bet he'd totally main Impa though if she was in :D

I should try and get in contact with him somehow.
Yeah, his comeback set the standard for comebacks. I have watched that match at least 100 times. The only thing more epic than that is Kage's super knee combo on SFAT (who is a pretty freaking cool and chill dude who can go SSJ at smash).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Good question.

Well, we all knew it was going to happen eventually. All we gotta do is to report those senseless threads and ignore them. I think it's the best choice...
And let them go to other threads?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And let them go to other threads?
Well, it can't be helped... :urg:

Perhaps, these boards could have some more mods. I highly doubt that M&S Guy alone can handle them all. Well, there are other mods too, but I understand not anyone can be a mod... we need someone respected and active at the same time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
We need to fortify the perimeter! Get rations! We're going in for the long haul!
Worst case someone just make a conversation and invite everyone on the thread before the floodgates open.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't need a floodgate, because I am my own thread! :shades:[COLLAPSE="Also, I'll probably make my own thread, and you all are invited..."]Except for you heathen Impa lovers and Mega Man haters!!! YOU ALL CAN BURN WITH THE REST OF GAMEFAQS!!! :evil:[/COLLAPSE]
You don't get one. John, shorts, you, and I are solo acts. Something about us owning too hard to be put on a team.
Is that because we'd take too much screen time away from an actual group=??? :awesome: Because I feel my comments would inevitably do that! :laugh:
Geez how many times must I spew this out, PAC-MAN IS NOT INEVITABLE AT ALL. NO THIRD PARTY CHARACTER IS EVEN CLOSE TO INEVITABLE
Sonic in Brawl was inevitable, and now, Sonic is inevitable again. :b:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
We should welcome every new member at least, going hostile is not a good idea. Remember, not every single new member is going to be a ******.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Two weeks until the ****storm starts.
Better put up the Titanium shields. :smirk:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
AUTOMATIC, I AM YOUR INTP PARTNER, PLEASE PUT ME ON THE LIST RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, THANK YOU.
<3
I do not remember my first game, probably Diablo 1 or Starcraft.
Childhood defining? Definitely Super Smash Bros, a lot of other top notch 64 games, and Total Annihilation.
Adolescent? All the Nintendo (Smash too), Metal Arms, more Blizzard games, some Xbox games, and early on Battlezone II.
Now? Civ5, Total Annihilation (still :3), PlanetSide 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, some more stupid Xbox games on the side (all sorts of games), waiting to get my WiiU.
Really, every type of game imaginable is included, a wide array was my taste and selection.

Oh, and thank you all for being an awesome community.
On moderators, we have quite a few people who are moderately active and moderately well known, I can't really think of anyone who is a perfect storm combination whose up to the task, but there's definitely potential for a lot of okay/good mods.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys if some of my favorite posters from the pre-Brawl/early Brawl eras of smashboards return, it will be epic. I already got samusrules, Chrono, Diddy, Omega back. :shades: Imagine if I can get guys like Homelessvagrant, shady, Luuuunniii (he posted here once, and it was amazing), Wiseguy, etc.

Also, guys, I recently read Armada is interested in Smash WiiU and 3DS competitively and seeing what Sakurai will do. Intermanesting....
Also me and like 1/16 of John can't be the only Asians, can we? :dizzy:
This is a freaking video game forum. Seriously, at least like 40% of you should be Asian! :laugh: And the worst part is, your second Asian here (me) is freaking Mongolian! :facepalm:

I was so Asian when I was born (I had the Asian black hair and the Orient Eyes) that my dad had (jokeful) doubts as to whether or not I was somehow his son! Then he saw I was bigger than your average baby despite being two months premature, and he went "he's a giant; therefore, he must be my son!!!" (my dad is 6 foot 7 btw; giant Nordic he is) :joyful:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We should welcome every new member at least, going hostile is not a good idea. Remember, not every single new member is going to be a ******.
Lies. It is a well-known fact everyone who joined Smash Boards after me is an idiot! :teeth:
Ah, I just realized shinpichu was the one that asked that question. Oops. :p My apologies! Also that leaves out Shorts and John (because they didn't take the test right?), you could make them as a team.
I always score equal everything on tests like that, because my brain is always in conflict with itself, which is why I sound so crazy! :laugh:
I'm 1/4 Japanese
2 Japanese people out of like 40+=??? Well, at least now we're almost saved! :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Born Cut Out of the Womb Prematurely because my mother('s birth giving organs) were choking me: May 10th, 1991.
[COLLAPSE="First Game:"]Super Mario Bros. 3, and my earliest memories include times when my father and grandfather were playing hardcore over that games over who could go further, and who was better. Man they took that seriously, and they tried to beat each other... until around the time when I turned 3 when I beat Level 1-4 for my dad! :laugh: Then, I became the GOAT member of my household at that game, and things have remained that way ever since.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Childhood games:"]The previously mentioned game, Tetris, Super Mario Bros 1 & 2, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, DK Jr., DKC1 and especially 2, SMW2: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Part 1-3, Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, and Crystal, Banjo-Kazooie, Pokémon Snap, Donkey Kong 64, GoldenEye, and Super Smash Bros. 64.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Adolescence Games:"]Super Smash Bros. Melee, Tony Hawk 1-3, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Tooie, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, MGS 1-3, Jak 1-3, GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas, Super Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario 1 & especially 2, Kirby's Air Ride, Tales of Symphonia, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Halo 1, many versions of Counter-Strike, Half Life 1, 2, and several mods, Madden 05, NFL 2k5, Soul Caliber I-II, Golden Sun 1-2, Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, Pokémon Colosseum, etc.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Games I am playing now:"]The Brawl Mod Project M, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. 64, NEW Super Mario Bros, Pokémon SoulSilver & HeartGold and Black & White (thanks to the announcement of X&Y I am too cheap to get Black 2 & White 2), The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, GTA IV (I'm trying to 100% the game now), GTA: San Andreas, Fallout 1-2, Civilization IV, Age of Mythology, UFC Unleashed 3, Medieval 2: Total War, Empire: Total War, etc.[/COLLAPSE]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
[COLLAPSE="^^^ TEARS!!! DELICIOUS TEAR!!!"]
[/COLLAPSE]
not asian but I am 1/16th Cherokee,

Ya we really need to get groups together
I'm 1/16th's Apache.

And yes, you guys need to group together, because alone none of you can defeat me.

After all, I AM JOHNKNIGHT1, THE PRINCE KNIGHT OF ALL SMASHBOARDERS, THE GREATEST WARRIOR SMASH BROTHERS RACE!!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom