• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Was waiting to see when Grandpa Simpson would show up. :laugh:

Hair colour, eye colour, race, sex, etc. aren't really that important to me. Maybe I should be pickier. :smirk:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Funny how you assume that if you like cartoon girls the you MUST be a ronery virgin.
No, I was referring to the rabid ridiculous and stupid Fire Emblem fanbase "trend" that's all over GameFAQs (not anyone here). Some of those people can be creepily into their (female) characters. Like, really, really, really creepy, like as if they were their real life significant other. If you don't believe me, go check out the ringleaders of the latest awful installment of "let's all flock to random Fire Emblem females" brigade on GameFAQs. It's freaking weird.

I understand people are attracted to fictional characters and all, but at some point, you got to draw the line. And if you devout your life to convincing everyone that said character should be playable in a video game just because of their sex or attractive properties, then you probably ran way past that line.
I'm pretty sure eyes can be near that color naturally.
Given my stance on Obama, I'm not going to really get into a discussion here....
But I will correct you on Fox. Fox doesn't have brown eyes, is not Top Tier in Brawl, and is only left handed in Adventures. :troll:
I was more going for "Obama is on top" angle, but okay. As for Fox, I stand corrected. But still, he's left-handed, which is close enough! :shades:

D

Deleted member

Well the second picture was of the Korean girl in Gangnam style, for those who care.
She's a goddess.
Her name is Hyuna, and she has plastic surgery up the wazoo. She's a bit too artificial looking for my tastes. The girls in Gentleman are much hotter imo. The at least look more natural than Hyuna.

No, I was referring to the rabid ridiculous and stupid Fire Emblem fanbase "trend" that's all over GameFAQs (not anyone here). Some of those people can be creepily into their (female) characters. Like, really, really, really creepy, like as if they were their real life significant other. If you don't believe me, go check out the ringleaders of the latest awful installment of "let's all flock to random Fire Emblem females" brigade on GameFAQs. It's freaking weird.

I understand people are attracted to fictional characters and all, but at some point, you got to draw the line. And if you devout your life to convincing everyone that said character should be playable in a video game just because of their sex or attractive properties, then you probably ran way past that line.

Someone's never been to 4chan. If you think GameFAQs is crossing the line, you've got another thing coming:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Golden, that post is amazing :laugh:

And I consider a lot of fictional girls to be good-looking but it's not like I'm some stereotypical sex-depraved forum dweller who can't talk to women lol. I mean, it's silly to assume that just because someone posts on a forum and finds some fake women to be attractive that they can't get a girl or don't have a life or whatever

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm sorry I couldn't resist, but this song sums up the discussion about girls very well. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWyI8Ui8XdI
Actually, that reminds me of something that's not even that related...

I've heard people say before that they'd love to have the option to add in your own music (I'd love that too, but I'm not really sure how). But if there is an option like that, I'd seriously put this song on every stage. :estatic:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Actually, that reminds me of something that's not even that related...

I've heard people say before that they'd love to have the option to add in your own music (I'd love that too, but I'm not really sure how). But if there is an option like that, I'd seriously put this song on every stage. :estatic:
That would be fantabulous. I'd play "Graffiti City" on the F-Zero related stage 24/7 when I have multiplayer matches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87MSQ-hapWg :awesome:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Golden, that post is amazing :laugh:

And I consider a lot of fictional girls to be good-looking but it's not like I'm some stereotypical sex-depraved forum dweller who can't talk to women lol. I mean, it's silly to assume that just because someone posts on a forum and finds some fake women to be attractive that they can't get a girl or don't have a life or whatever
Fictional characters will always play into an idealization of some sorts and will mostly have at least one physical or character trait we find attractive or kinda cool at the very least. Even characters who are totally lame or hideous will have something to appeal to us.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ok, which one of you ******s made this thread?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/191046885
The first response is the best. 4Chan sure loves to throw the N word around like beads at Mardi Gras.

On the topic of physical attraction, anyone notice that big/wide guys (not fat) are rarely main characters or are likely to get killed off?

D

Deleted member

Fictional characters will always play into an idealization of some sorts and will mostly have at least one physical or character trait we find attractive or kinda cool at the very least. Even characters who are totally lame or hideous will have something to appeal to us.
I was hoping someone would bring this up. I agree, also, lets not forget how most fictional character, especially those that are meant to be attractive, are drawn with ideal proportions and physiques.

This is why all dudes have some musculature, and all girls have perfect bodies and faces. Even if they are stylized with a manga style, they still follow the ideal proportions and are meant to be seen as attractive.

This is why I can't diss on someone who is attracted to 2D girls, as I can understand it completely, and yeah, I've been there too.

I WILL however diss those who take it too far with the Daikiwhatever and the worshiping of fictional characters:

However, it does bring up an interesting question about the future. When human-like AI becomes a thing, I wonder how many people will forego real relationships. I'm sure it won't only be the neckbeards on 4chan.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Fox/Falco/Marth being low Tier is the best thing that can happen in Sm4sh....
Why=??? All 3 of them are extremely fun to watch in Melee, those characters are very offensively aggressive, and they create spectacular highlights in all of their appearances. On top of that, Fox and Marth are also two of the most entertaining characters in Smash 64 and Brawl respectively.

If anything, we should want less exciting characters to watch and play as like Meta Knight, Sheik, or Pit should dwell on the bottom tiers. That is of course assuming they don't get "more exciting" to play as and watch, which in all likelihood all three of them will be vastly more fun to play than in Brawl.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
While the pillow girl at the table is funny, I love the square plate/candle/dim-lighting/romantic setup combined with one slice of pizza and milk. Classy.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Why=??? All 3 of them are extremely fun to watch in Melee, those characters are very offensively aggressive, and they create spectacular highlights in all of their appearances. On top of that, Fox and Marth are also two of the most entertaining characters in Smash 64 and Brawl respectively.

If anything, less exciting characters to watch like Meta Knight, Sheik, or Pit should dwell on the bottom tiers.
Because it would be a refreshing change...im sick to death of how un fair it is against them when your Bowser/DK/Ganondorf....

I be the chars i like not the chars who are top tier....

Balance>Everything else.

D

Deleted member

Robosexuals would become a reality.
Well, think about it. If humans are becoming more and more like machines, especially with cybernetics and nanomachines and stuff, and Machines are becoming more and more like humans, then what difference is there ultimately.

A lot of people are scared about a robot apochalypse or w/e but the reality is that machines won't kill us, but rather WE will become machines.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well, think about it. If humans are becoming more and more like machines, especially with cybernetics and nanomachines and stuff, and Machines are becoming more and more like humans, then what difference is there ultimately.

A lot of people are scared about a robot apochalypse or w/e but the reality is that machines won't kill us, but rather WE will become machines.
Machines are replacing jobs atm thats for sure....

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
She doesn't look like she is having a good time, but you just know the guy is going to end up getting "lucky."

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Like Big the Cat, Talhalla, Monkey Yellow, and Sumo Kong? :troll:
I said not fat.

If anything, we should want less exciting characters to watch and play as like Meta Knight, Sheik, or Pit should dwell on the bottom tiers. That is of course assuming they don't get "more exciting" to play as and watch, which in all likelihood all three of them will be vastly more fun to play than in Brawl.
I don't get this logic. Do you want everyone to be complete rushdown?

Again, this very thought scares me.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That's the point Psycho

I mean, if he wanted to go that route, he could have at least tried a little harder to make it look somewhat legit and not be a cheapass with it :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The best dates are the one where the girl pillow doesn't realize it's a date! :laugh: :grin: :smirk:
Because it would be a refreshing change...im sick to death of how un fair it is against them when your Bowser/DK/Ganondorf....
Well then play Project M. :troll: But really, DK matches up not so bad against Fox and Falco in Melee, and in Brawl, I'm pretty sure Fox is like somewhere slightly above the middle.
I be the chars i like not the chars who are top tier....
Most people like top tiers more because they are generally perceived as more fun. I main Fox in Melee because he's freaking got so much awesome things you can do with him.

The reason I play him is a secondhand association with him being high tier, because part of the fun is that he's real good (however, it doesn't make it more fun IMO that many characters are nowhere as good).
Balance>Everything else.
Well duh (hence why Project M and Balanced Brawl are so awesome at what they do).
I don't get this logic. Do you want everyone to be complete rushdown?
I'd rather the game be balanced, but quite frankly, if I had to choose who was the best, I'd choose the most exciting and fun characters to watch and play as. It's no different from someone wanting the most exciting team/player to watch win "the big one" in any particular sporting event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom