• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Also trophies in Brawl.
And also the fact that Diddy is Nintendo and K. Rool is Rare doesn't make sense, it's like if Banjo is Nintendo and Kazooie is Rare.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Also trophies in Brawl.
And also the fact that Diddy is Nintendo and K. Rool is Rare doesn't make sense, it's like if Banjo is Nintendo and Kazooie is Rare.
If Nintendo and Microsoft were getting divorced and had to split their things I would take Kazooie over Banjo. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wow. I don't really know how they can fill 90 minutes unless they show like everything, or have a lot of fluff. My guess is the latter. Oh well, we'll get something new.

Supposedly this is the new Rare game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560673

IT'S NOT BANJO.

THERE'S STILL HOPE.
I don't even know what "historic" franchise this is. I feel like a bad Rare fan. :(

Good to see they aren't gonna murder any actual recognizable Rare series.

1. The fact that I won't have to buy the Xbone since there aren't games on it that I like (I bought the 360 for Nuts & Bolts even if I ended up having 30 games on it).
2. Nintendo still may have bought back the rights (I WANT TO BELIEVE)
3. If point 2 is true, Retro is making Banjo-Threeie.
If you're basing this off that rumor from last year, I wouldn't get your hopes up. It basically said Retro was deep into development on a game they didn't even have the rights to, which would never happen.

If it ends up being true though (I can't give up all hope, I just can't), I'll have to use more fangirling gifs than ever before. :awesome:

If Nintendo and Microsoft were getting divorced and had to split their things I would take Kazooie over Banjo. :troll:
Pfft, you're crazy. You'd take that annoying egg-barfing squwaker over GUH-HUH? Madness. :laugh::troll:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I am sorry for being such a noob, but isn't the entire reason DKC R had a bunch of "Tikis" for villains that the Kremlings are owned by Rare? Also, is Tharja automatically a debunker inclusion because she is not the main character of her game or whatever? I should admit, I am not good at keeping track of the FE games and their protagonists.
Nope, Nintendo owns all DKC characters. K Rool has been in several spin off titles since Rare left like Mario Super Sluggers, Strikers Charged and DK Barrel Blast. Tharja isn't a very important character in FE Awakening. If we get anyone from the game, it will be the main character Chrom.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Why do you guys want a Banjo-Threeie if its gonna be on Xbox one?

PS: God forbid...did some of you PeePz actualy bought a
360 for Nuts & Bolts?

Im sorry dont mean to be rude but...Pfftt...HAHAHA Owwww my gard...thats soo ****ed...actually naa i dont really blame you lot the Nuts & Bolts trailer is one of the best & most ****ed form of False Advertising i have ever witnessed...thats not a good thing...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
SO HYPED FOR NEW SMASH, ZELDA, MARIO, POKEMON, XENOBLADE, DONKEY KONG, AND WHATEVER RETRO STUDIOS IS MAKING!!!

ESPECIALLY SMASH BROS!!!
I want Reggie to say "Your body is NOT ready..." before the trailer of the new Retro game.
And then we like:
SEIZURE! SEIZURE! SEIZURE!!!

Seriously, I can't wait to see what Retro Studio's new game is... IN MOTHER FREAKING 1080P HD WITH ACTUAL CURRENT GENERATION GRAPHIXXXXSSS!!!

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
My hands are ordering a Wii U on their own!

Seriously, on top of Smash 4 there's this coming for the Wii U just when counting major games that will be shown, at the top of my head:
- Pikmin 3 (EAD)
- 3D Mario (Tokyo EAD)
- Mario Kart (EAD)
- The Wind Waker HD (EAD 3)
- Yarn Yoshi (Good-Feel)
- Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (Atlus, Intelligent Systems)
- The Wonderful 101 (Platinum Games)
- Bayonetta 2 (Platinum Games)
- Wii U Party
- Wii Fit U
- Sonic Lost Worlds (and perhaps more)

And RETRO.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just watched the Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts reveal and it got me excited for a Banjo game all over again. One that never came out

As many of the commentators said, the trailer actually told you it was a lie at the end when banjo slammed into a wall and the whole thing fell down

D

Deleted member

Here's the (false) rumor picture for those who want to see:

Tharja would be awful to see in the next Smash. I would absolutely hate to see her get picked over Roy or Chrom.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You guys in your opnion what would be more of a disgrace?

Other M Ridley
Or
Superstar Sluggers K.Rool
In Sm4sh?

Like what would be more of a disgrace to the character? Kinda hard one...im leaning towards K.Rool.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Here's the (false) rumor picture for those who want to see:

Tharja would be awful to see in the next Smash. I would absolutely hate to see her get picked over Roy or Chrom.

Not to mention what would even make here even plausible character? Fanservice only? As a character she's hardly memorable and definitely not in par with the characters inhabiting SSB.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's just sooooooo fake. This guy should've tried harder. Oh gawd it's so bad. Too bad we're going to be seeing rumors of this quality ad nauseum from now on. At least we'll get a few good ones. ;)

I feel sorry for anyone duped by this.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Seriously, on top of Smash 4 there's this coming for the Wii U just when counting major games that will be shown, at the top of my head:
- Pikmin 3 (EAD)
- 3D Mario (Tokyo EAD)
- Mario Kart (EAD)
- Yarn Yoshi (Good-Feel)
- Wii U Party
- Wii Fit U

And RETRO.
I am ready.....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Symphonia HD Remake for Wii U on top of above and I'll personally cream my pants so bad they'll be sticky even after 72 washes.
Doesn't look likely. :ohwell:

Hopefully Smash's positive reception can manage to change Namco's opinion of the Wii U... because I doubt that Pac-Man game will. Or maybe if X and SMTxFE sell decently they'll see there's a market for RPGs on the Wii U.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You guys in your opnion what would be more of a disgrace?

Other M Ridley
Or
Superstar Sluggers K.Rool
In Sm4sh?

Like what would be more of a disgrace to the character? Kinda hard one...im leaning towards K.Rool.
K. Rool with an alt from Sluggers would be nice. But I definitely want his original outfit too.
Other M Ridley is meh, but if Sakurai feels is the only way to have him I can accept it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

- Pikmin 3 (EAD)
- 3D Mario (Tokyo EAD)
- Mario Kart (EAD)
- Yarn Yoshi (Good-Feel)
- Wii U Party
- Wii Fit U

And RETRO.
And are some other things to look out for:

- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- Yoshi's Island 3DS
- Mario Golf: World Tour
- X
- Pokémon X & Y
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
- New Super Luigi U

And no doubt even more surprises

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Other than the fact I don't see why having two screens would prevent an RPG from being on the wii u, since RPG's are on the DS and 3DS, I don't care for the Tales series anyway

Lol, even Brawl did not have that many characters in it's reveal trailer.
Brawl definitely didn't have that many returning characters in the trailer

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
It's just sooooooo fake. This guy should've tried harder. Oh gawd it's so bad. Too bad we're going to be seeing rumors of this quality ad nauseum from now on. At least we'll get a few good ones. ;)

I feel sorry for anyone duped by this.
Would it be equally as funny if one of these rumors are true though....

D

Deleted member

I'd rather have the undeniably false Goku rumor be true than Tharja.

Talk about undeserving to the highest degree. Though at the very least she would be more interesting than Chrom, which Habanero will likely agree with.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Those "Metroid Prime" pictures look like something fresh out of Halo 4. Besides, we can expect better graphics than that! :shades:
Why do you guys want a Banjo-Threeie if its gonna be on Xbox one?
The rumor said it was being made by RETRO STUDIOS, not Rare, which means Nintendo would thus own the Banjo IP.
"Did I just hear it right?
June 11nth?
Wohoo, this'll be best summer break EVERrrrrrr~~~~"
It will not be a "summer break" because June 11th is in SPRING!!!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It would be hilarious if that 4chan post is true just to see Chrono's reaction to Tharja.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Doesn't look likely. :ohwell:

Hopefully Smash's positive reception can manage to change Namco's opinion of the Wii U... because I doubt that Pac-Man game will. Or maybe if X and SMTxFE sell decently they'll see there's a market for RPGs on the Wii U.

I knoow. Wii U could really use showing out being a console worthy of more RPGs. Monster Hunter and DQ are already under it's belt, why not more...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Would it be equally as funny if one of these rumors are true though....
I guarantee you it's fake. Tharja? Seriously? And 23 characters in the trailer is pretty laughable, unless they just show the intro to the game like Melee's unveiling. I doubt that though, as it would probably give away non-trailer newcomers.

Speaking of the actual game intro, I hope it's a lot better than Brawl's. They have the chance to make some epic HD beast here, I hope they take it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even IF Tharja is in the game, her being announced in the trailer wouldn't excite anyone - in the way they would want.

The trailer should have characters that excite

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I guarantee you it's fake. Tharja? Seriously? And 23 characters in the trailer is pretty laughable, unless they just show the intro to the game like Melee's unveiling. I doubt that though, as it would probably give away non-trailer newcomers.

Speaking of the actual game intro, I hope it's a lot better than Brawl's. They have the chance to make some epic HD beast here, I hope they take it.
I didnt say i believe it...i said ''if'' but yh...i dunno wtf to believe so i just dont believe anything...and its going alright...also i dont play or know anything about FE so i cant comment on that...kinda glad though....all that Miccaiah wa eva Lyn...being mentioned more times then i could blink and breathe in a minute.....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If any female FE rep should get in it should be Lissa anyway

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC