• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

June 11th.

June 11th, everybody.

EDIT: Next Nintendo Direct is confirmed for June 11th on Nintendo's Twitter.
GET HYPE.

(also in another note, that puts the final nail in the coffin for 100 Year Old's Gamer's "leak", and quite possibly disconfirms the other rumor about Palutena, Takamaru, Bayonetta, Dark Pit, Tom Nook, and Little Mac)

EDIT 2: Checking it again, the other rumor had no set date for when reveals would be, so it isn't disconfirmed by this news just yet.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Awh, so it's not early?

Being alone and surrounded by spiders and cockroaches, time seems to be going so slowly now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nintendo Direct on June 11th at 5 PM WET? Crap! I have an exam that day... ;_;

Anyway, it's time to board the...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Quick question: Can a game be in the same franchise and be a different IP?
example: Is Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy 2 separate IPs using the same franchises?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really would like to know as well, but I am merely guessing you got it right as you said that. Otherwise it wouldn't make sence to me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
On June 11th, eh? Good thing my exams will be over on June 2nd. Then I'll literally have nothing to do.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
MOTHER OF **** THE NEXT DIRECT IS DURING WORKING HOURS YET AGAIN GOD DAMN I'M BEYOND PISSED RIGHT NOW!

Sigh, at least there is a date. Maybe if I could skip a day at work, it won't be so bad, but that's a pretty big if.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What kinda work you do anyway Habanero? It must be a ***** of a job for you to act so grumpy all the time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What kinda work you do anyway Habanero? It must be a ***** of a job for you to act so grumpy all the time.
That grumpiness is a part of his personality, you know. I'm pretty sure he acts like that out of preference, considering he once said that he was proud of it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Who cares about work. You will see the video the same day. And it will give you something to look forward too. And you'll have all night to whack off to the new revealed characters before going back to work the next day.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
MOTHER OF **** THE NEXT DIRECT IS DURING WORKING HOURS YET AGAIN GOD DAMN I'M BEYOND PISSED RIGHT NOW!

Sigh, at least there is a date. Maybe if I could skip a day at work, it won't be so bad, but that's a pretty big if.
It's 7 AM Pacific Time, 10 AM Eastern Time, 3 PM Western European Time and 4 PM Central European Time. Barring Pacific Time, it's working hours for pretty much everyone on the USA and Europe.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The 11th huh? Well, I'm glad there's a date this far in advance, that's more than I expected from Nintendo, but I also thought it would've been... before E3, like they said. Oh well, still close enough that I can't complain.

Like Golden said, it also puts a nail in the insane ramblings of that old man. Glad the B&K part is confirmed false. Though the truth is Nintendo probably never tried to get the IP back at all... :(
Also deconfirms the E3 schedule rumor as well.

So many rumors... :psycho::laugh:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anything important I missed in the last 18 hours (when my internet crapped out)?
You missed some more Xbox ONE fallout, but no, not really.
This thread just got awesome again.

Smooth Criminal
So I'll take it you like my appearances then. :grin:
June 11th.
June 11th, everybody.
EDIT: Next Nintendo Direct is confirmed for June 11th on Nintendo's Twitter.
GET HYPE.
SWEET!!!! MY BODY IS READY! :shades:

7 AM is pretty early though. I'll have to get my BODY extra ready. :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So the Direct is at midnight in Japan? Odd.
Actually, 11 PM.

It's 3 PM here and the offset is +8 during Summer Time, so 3 + 8 = 11. They probably chose that hour so that America and Europe can watch it live at more convenient hours.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We should be thanking the Xbox one tbh...xD...according to this....

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/microsoft-is-selling-the-wii-u-better-than-nintendo/
It's a bit of a misleading title, but I'm just glad the Wii U isn't the only punching bag now. The amount of bashing before was ridiculous, and now the One can share the hate. :smirk:

Ofc after that Direct the all the negativity directed at the Wii U will probably find its way over to the X1, and then it can be the sole punching bag. :grin:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
It's a bit of a misleading title, but I'm just glad the Wii U isn't the only punching bag now. The amount of bashing before was ridiculous, and now the One can share the hate. :smirk:

Ofc after that Direct the all the negativity directed at the Wii U will probably find its way over to the X1, and then it can be the sole punching bag. :grin:
Trust...i think PeePz now remember that majority of consoles have a bad launch....

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Be a Man! Skip Work!

Unless you got urgent bills to pay. I gurantee you while your at work you'll be staring at that clock HARD.
I know it was for me.
You missed some more Xbox ONE fallout, but no, not really.

So I'll take it you like my appearances then. :grin:

SWEET!!!! MY BODY IS READY! :shades:

7 AM is pretty early though. I'll have to get my BODY extra ready. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys is it me or does the XBOX ONE kinda look like a fat NES=???
We should be thanking the Xbox one tbh...xD...according to this....

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/microsoft-is-selling-the-wii-u-better-than-nintendo/
You mean Nintendo (and Sony) should thank Microsoft for failing so bad=???

Also, the WiiU way too early release is looking smart now with the boring but promising PS4 reveal and the worst reveal ever in the XBOX ONE, especially if a big name IP comes out this year on the WiiU other than Pikmin (and a plethora of other big name IP's are revealed to come out in 2014).
Quick question: Can a game be in the same franchise and be a different IP?
example: Is Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy 2 separate IPs using the same franchises?
They're kinda sorta different IP's but kinda not (canon Mario platformers and Mario Kart).

And I think the best example would be Donkey Kong and Mario. After all, those two IP's used to be the same IP, but largely they have been divorced. :laugh: :grin: :chuckle:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They're kinda sorta different IP's but kinda not (canon Mario platformers and Mario Kart).

And I think the best example would be Donkey Kong and Mario. After all, those two IP's used to be the same IP, but largely they have been divorced. :laugh: :grin: :chuckle:
I was searching for E3 Predictions videos on Youtube and a came across this dude who think Mario is milked more than Halo. He said that was a lie. I then sent him the link to this video:
He said those numbers are wrong because He considers Mario Kart, Mario Golf and Mario Party are all Mario games.
The funny thing when I asked him if Uncharted: Fight For Fortune was the same as Uncharted 1, 2, 3 he said no because "that is a card game"...
I hate double standards... :glare:

D

Deleted member

The Xbox One:
Nothing will ever top the fail that is the Xbox One. Nothing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Monkey on the Moon
DOUBLE STANDARDS=??? ON THE INTERWEBSZ!?!?!? Don't be Silly.

What next, are you gonna tell me people on the internet can lie=??? (BECAUSE THEY CAN'T, THE WON'T, AND THEY DON'T!!!)
Any NPCs people are looking forward to in the new Zelda? :p
I'd like to see a few of the generic enemies in Zelda become enemies in a story/adventure mode. You know, like Moblins (with different weapons and possibly some on horses or warthogs), Helmet Heads, Dark Nuts, etc. I also think Ghirahim would make a funny Assist Trophy character.

Also, a Molgera, Majora's Mask, or Beast Ganon battle would be pretty epic for the story/adventure mode.
Why would people be enthusiastic about NPCs? All they do is walk around aimlessly and blurt out "WELCOME TO CORNERIA" every single time. That's the opposite of thrilling, it's like a not thrilling thing.
Well because:
1. It's cool to see them.
2. They could be great Assist Trophy characters.
3. They can be enemies or bosses.
4. It's a good way of making fans of those characters at least a little happy.
5. We all need more stickers and trophies! :laugh:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
June 11th? Was hoping it would have been days instead of hours before, though I guess it does technically start 2 hours earlier than normal so whatever.

Have been working on getting a temp job at a manufacturing plant (not for my major, just for my resume), really hoping I get 2nd/3rd shift that day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom