• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

While both K. Rool and Ridley are villains, K. Rool is more "audience friendly." He not just comes off as more appropriate, but he's more popular, and would garner a bigger reaction, which would inevitably steal some thunder and lightning out of Sony and Microsoft and any momentum they gained.
A similar case could have been argued for King Dedede back in Brawl, yet Meta-Knight got in instead. I honestly think that this will turn out to be more like a Meta-Knight situation where a normally expected unlockable gets revealed early (a la Ridley).
Exactly. Ike is one of the most unique characters, and he also is very fun to play as. He's a character that can't be removed. That would literally be worse than the Mewtwo removal, because his moveset already largely worked.
Especially when taking into account that Ike is a starter as well, which makes it even harder to imagine him going. Personally, I've never felt that he had much of a chance of being cut anyway, even after FE13's announcement.
Bayonetta wishes she was the Geno of SSB4. Geno still gets more votes than her.
I think there could be potential if Sakurai were to mention females in a positive light after E3 (assuming Palutena gets confirmed) and if Bayonetta ends up getting an aggressive fan base like the ones in pre-Brawl. Those combinations I do not like out of a fan base.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think there could be potential if Sakurai were to mention females in a positive light after E3 (assuming Palutena gets confirmed) and if Bayonetta ends up getting an aggressive fan base like the ones in pre-Brawl. Those combinations I do not like out of a fan base.

Sakurai said part of the reason ZSS was added is, honestly, because lady. Being female, can be a positive. Just not as much as female reppers would want you to think.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Who cares if a character has a vagina or not? What matters is if the character is actually worth bothering with due to their merits.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
They should put me in congress. The only congressmen to push the re-legalization of alcoholic energy drinks.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just try to be hateable.

Gotta live up to my idol right guys?
So I narrowed your idol down to 12 random people by using science, shenanigans, and stuffs Here is the list...
1. Toise.
2. The CEO of Microsoft.
3. Deadpool (the Marvel character).
4. Rocky (from the Claymore Anime).
5. Former U.S. President Herbert Hoover.
6. Lance Armstrong (and his steroid use denial).
7. The one person made those annoy "Head On" commercials.
8. Everyone who says they want Impa to replace Sheik because of logics (or just Diddy Kong).
9. The last person who said that the Prequel Star Wars Trilogy is superior to the Original Star Wars Trilogy.
10. The first person who admits to not having watched this video in its' entirety at least 5 times (I know I have!)
11. The last person who said they didn't want Ridley in Smash WiiU and 3DS (he was too big smart to be in Brawl, and too smart not to be in Smash WiiU/3DS!).
12. The latest member of the random fan-dumb of people pushing random Fire Emblem characters as playable characters in Smash who don't get that the character support is actually just a giant joke (at least on the parts of the people with an ounce of intelligence).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A similar case could have been argued for King Dedede back in Brawl, yet Meta-Knight got in instead. I honestly think that this will turn out to be more like a Meta-Knight situation where a normally expected unlockable gets revealed early (a la Ridley).
I think Meta Knight was a lot more well-known and a lot less expected, and on top of that, unlike Ridley, he's more of an anti-hero. Still, I do see your point. I just think Ridley is best saved as a reveal for a later date, like sometime next year or in 2015.

I also think that it is worth mentioning that if Dixie Kong was confirmed in a trailer or some other means early, it could similarly semi-confirm King K. Rool like how Meta Knight's reveal all-but-confirmed King Dedede.
Especially when taking into account that Ike is a starter as well, which makes it even harder to imagine him going. Personally, I've never felt that he had much of a chance of being cut anyway, even after FE13's announcement.
He was also such a monumental confirmation at the time. We've never had a character confirmation quite like Ike. I remember the date (August 31st, 2007) that he was confirmed, and it was amazing. It was the first time the Brawl Dojo confirmed something that really meant something that blew people's minds! I also think that after Sonic, he was easily the most popular newcomer in Brawl.
I dunno, I think if people really pushed for a female character, it would be Dixie Kong. But hey, as long as it's not Rouge the Bat! *shivers*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would have been PISSED if Meta Knight got in and Dedede didn't

Dedede was my most wanted character for Brawl

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What's a Nicki Minaj?
I have narrowed it down to three answers:

1. Having your friend hit you in the head as hard as they can with a 36 inch wide by 4 inch by 4 inch wooden stick with a broken nail on so many times to when someone asks you "How many Amendments are in the Constitution?" you answer "I think Jesus ate my Pikachu dog."

2. While driving to work or school you like to imagine you are a background dancer for Justin Bieber who dresses like Lady Gaga dressing like David Bowie dressing like Borat dressing like Superman.

3. You watch American Idol sober and think "man, these karaoke singers must have great song-writing talent! They could be the next Bob Dylan!"
I would have been PISSED if Meta Knight got in and Dedede didn't

Dedede was my most wanted character for Brawl
Which is what made that Meta Knight confirmation so special. We all wanted both characters (less vocally on the Meta Knight), and when we got one, we got the other! IT WAS A GLORIOUS MOMENT IN HUMAN (SMASH BROS) HISTORY!!! :shades: :grin: ;)

D

Deleted member

I also think that it is worth mentioning that if Dixie Kong was confirmed in a trailer or some other means early, it could similarly semi-confirm King K. Rool like how Meta Knight's reveal all-but-confirmed King Dedede.
I wasn't familiar with the trailer all-but-confirming King Dedede. If anything, doubts occurred for King Dedede because of Sakurai trying to avoid nontransparent bias with Kirby.

As for Dixie Kong, I don't think she'll be confirmed early on if she gets in. A case could be made for a Dojo reveal, but I find it more likely that she gets in as an unlockable while King K. Rool becomes a starter.
He was also such a monumental confirmation at the time. We've never had a character confirmation quite like Ike. I remember the date (August 31st, 2007) that he was confirmed, and it was amazing. It was the first time the Brawl Dojo confirmed something that really meant something that blew people's minds! I also think that after Sonic, he was easily the most popular newcomer in Brawl.
It was also important considering that it proved that Sakurai looked in characters for more than just female status.
I dunno, I think if people really pushed for a female character, it would be Dixie Kong. But hey, as long as it's not Rouge the Bat! *shivers*
Ideally, that'd be what people would push for after Palutena's likely confirmation at E3 for a female rep, but knowing the female's rabidness being the norm and not the exception and due to Dixie Kong not looking "sexy" (:urg:, wish people would stop supporting characters based off mostly sexual attractions), I'm not holding my breath.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My Top Wanted Characters for Brawl

1) King Dedede
2) Sonic
3) Geno
4) Ridley
5) Pit

I got Pit before I had a chance to support him though

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wasn't familiar with the trailer all-but-confirming King Dedede. If anything, doubts occurred for King Dedede because of Sakurai trying to avoid nontransparent bias with Kirby.
Once we translated Sakurai's statements on King Dedede it became very clear that King Dedede was going to 100% be playable. Everyone in the loop knew it.
As for Dixie Kong, I don't think she'll be confirmed early on if she gets in. A case could be made for a Dojo reveal, but I find it more likely that she gets in as an unlockable while King K. Rool becomes a starter.
I don't think Dixie Kong would be confirmed early and I think your scenario is more likely, but like I said, I think it would all-but-confirm K. Rool, especially since that is who nearly all the legions of DKC fans would push for (and trust me, there's a ton of us).

And if the opposite is true (K. Rool is confirmed super early), then expect the same thing to happen with the push for Dixie Kong (although to a lesser extent).
It was also important considering that it proved that Sakurai looked in characters for more than just female status.
And that the "unique" new playable characters didn't just end with the trailer, that we were gonna get loads of great characters, and that we were gonna get to play as a dude with a ginormous sword.
Ideally, that'd be what people would push for after Palutena's likely confirmation at E3 for a female rep, but knowing the female's rabidness being the norm and not the exception and due to Dixie Kong not looking "sexy" (:urg:, wish people would stop supporting characters based off mostly sexual attractions), I'm not holding my breath.
Yeah, that's why I don't think Dixie Kong will be an early reveal if she is indeed playable. That point leads me to believe that Peach will be shown fairly early along with Samus to "push" for females, which further backs my belief that much of the early trailers and coverage will focus on the returning veterans (and how amazing they look in HD and approximately 2 generations worth of technology after what we got in Melee and Brawl).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So folks....

I'm a teaching intern at the age of 18. (Who knew right?)

Normally everything works out fine, but occasionally, kids get antsy. They don't listen a good amount of the time.

I think one of the reasons is that I'm around their age and they view me as a fellow kid as apposed to a teacher.

Are there any pieces you guys can give me as to how I can get them to view me as a teacher?

This is a half serious question as I am going through this problem, but at the same time I want to know what kind of smartass comments you guys can come up with. :troll: So both serious replies and jokes are welcome.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't break any of your set rules you or the teacher(s) have established with the kids (that they clearly know). Otherwise, they'll eat you alive.

Also, what is their age group=??? Because I always am able to come up with witty and attention-grabbing lines to attract attention (that I don't need). :shades:
Top Wanted Characters for Brawl
1) King Dedede 2) Sonic 3) Geno 4) Ridley 5) Pit
I got Pit before I had a chance to support him though
My list went: 1. Toon Link (replacing Young Link), 2. Diddy Kong, 3. Mega Man, 4. Sonic, 5. Lucario, 6. Ridley

You can freaking bet I want to see Mega Man and Ridley after all that wait. I'm freaking chomping at the bit to see them in smash bros as playable characters!
Methinks you are a cat person.
I thin Shortie is really sticking to that villain role he turned. Perhaps he is planning on either a career in movies, pro wrestling, or heck, maybe he wants to work with Microsoft on the Xbox ONE!!! :laugh:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Saw something on the Boston Bruins from ESPN not too long ago, which brought to mind something: has anyone heard from Toise lately about whatever he was planning for the E3/Super Smash Bros reveal?
Man, you ain't never seen no hockey on the ESPN.

The only thing "planned" was a version of the Super Toise's Money League for what info we get from E3 (points based on type of media shown or what characters/stages/anything appear, same system as before). There's still time, but I keep forgetting about this place. Also I have to figure out how digital prizers might work on 3DS/Wii U, if they even have gifting on the eShop.

edit for Swampy: The really simple non-answer is "you either gots leader written all over you or you don't." I don't know what kind of guy you are, but as long as you're not a mumbly slouchy mess, you should be able to win them over with confidence or faked confidence.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So folks....

I'm a teaching intern at the age of 18. (Who knew right?)

Normally everything works out fine, but occasionally, kids get antsy. They don't listen a good amount of the time.

I think one of the reasons is that I'm around their age and they view me as a fellow kid as apposed to a teacher.

Are there any pieces you guys can give me as to how I can get them to view me as a teacher?

This is a half serious question as I am going through this problem, but at the same time I want to know what kind of smartass comments you guys can come up with. :troll: So both serious replies and jokes are welcome.
Well, what are you teaching?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are any of them hot. I'm sure I could teach them a thing or two

Edit: WOW, Call of Duty is under attack for being sexist. Not having female playable characters

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't break any of your set rules you or the teacher(s) have established with the kids (that they clearly know). Otherwise, they'll eat you alive.
Alright! Thanks for the advice!

edit for Swampy: The really simple non-answer is "you either gots leader written all over you or you don't." I don't know what kind of guy you are, but as long as you're not a mumbly slouchy mess, you should be able to win them over with confidence or faked confidence.
I'm not mumbly or slouchy. I have a military walk. Girls have even told me they like the way I walk. :troll: (No really!) I guess I just need to amp up the confidence! Hard to do when you're the happy go lucky intern who doesn't quite know what he's doing. :p

Thanks for the advice though!
Well, what are you teaching?
Theater.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Swampy Donkey you still didn't share the age group (and unlike PsychoIncarateLawBreaker, I don't want hook up with them; just turn them into my zombies).

Also, don't overthink things... just "be" a teacher. Let it come to you.

And theater students=??? Oh God, that sounds like a bunch of weirdos like my theater student/assistant/teacher two younger siblings... it must be in the genes nope, they're just weirdos.[collapse="While I'm at it, you should show them this..."]
[/collapse]
Are any of them hot. I'm sure I could teach them a thing or two
*waits for him to reveal they're 11, which thus prompts the cops, the FBI, and MANBLA to come to your doorsteps*

But hey, if you want the hots, look here.
Edit: WOW, Call of Duty is under attack for being sexist. Not having female playable characters
I think they should be labelled speciest by not having cats in the game to go along with dogs. Heck, my two cats have killed everything from mice, rats, lizards, iguanas, rabbits, squirrels, possums, raccoon, to even a snake once.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Swampy: My brother, before he left me in this spider and cockroach infested house, showed me this neat little documentary about how we unconsciously fall into being led by ALPHA MALES. Be loud and control the space around you. Also be seven feet tall. They showed an experiment with a guy 7 feet tall stealing peoples' drinks at bars, and of course no one tried to stop him, I mean that sounds like a good enough experiment to me I'm not going to try to argue with him no siree.

I guess be a ****???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom