• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know that some people think Mr. Resetti is annoying and whatnot, but I always thought he was a pretty cool dude...until this happened one day...

So I was like having a team battle playing Lucas (I think my partner was Pikachu). Everything was going fine and dandy when someone got an AT. And guessed who popped out? Mr. Resetti! So he's like ranting as usual blah blah blah. And do you know what he said after?

Resetti: If I could move around on my own? Join this here brawl? Oooh, look out! I would tear this place right UP! Mole elbow over here! BAM! Dirt nap there! SLAM! Pikachu.... Lucas.... You'd be runnin' home to Mama!

WELL...I...I JUST...I...*huff huff* :crying:
Haha, I remember whenever Resetti would show up whoever was playing, and whatever was happening, would stop what they were doing, no exceptions, and try in vain to kill Resetti. :laugh:
The best was on stages that would carry him off. :smirk:

Of course afterwards everyone would get mad at me for turning ATs back on for the off-chance of getting Isaac. :awesome:

And Nook > Resetti. Yeah I said it. Very quietly. ;)

Anyway, I'm very excited for E3. You peeps think we'll get some leaked footage/info before? Or perhaps before the Directs?
I think even if we do get correct leaked info beforehand, we won't believe it. We've become a distrusting bunch. Ofc you have to be distrusting when speculating Smash, rumors will pretty much be non-stop from here on out.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can see it now:
Mr. Resetti: GO RUN HOME TO YOUR MOMMA BRO!!!
Batman: MRY PRRARERRNNTS ARRRRE DRRRREAD!!!
Also, K.K. Slider > Every other Animal Crossing character (unless they gave me a couch).
I've been to my fair share of hype tourneys so I definitely know the feeling. Seeing that infamous roll rest read on Armada from Genesis 1 still gives me the chills.
I am yet to go to an important and hype sporting event. This is the closest I've been to attending one. Bonus points who whoever can spot me in the background before the 4 second mark.
Of course a big difference at tournaments is that the players are approachable. I know during and after a tournament I went to last summer a few of us made jokes about running Mango over, and how sad his (non-existent) fangirls would be.

Also, were you the girl with the face paint=??? :grin:
If that's the case, Megaman would need his wall jump to help on vertical recovery so he isn't boned when facing walls below the stage like Final Destination.
He could learn it from X! :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That's a lot of lines Mr. Resetti has in Brawl! :eek:
Are you playing as Megaman or the Robot Masters? I feel to do Megaman justice, you should focus on his fundamental abilities. I don't see anyone complain for Kirby having only a handful of his copy abilities.
I have seen them before, trust me. People in the pre-Brawl days found a way to complain about anything. There was a GameFAQs (or was it IGN) user that used to say the Pokémon Trainer was an unoriginal idea stolen from some random game (and it totally didn't make any reasonable sense at all). Also, Kirby has used several copy ability moves (at least half a dozen or so).
How is the Xbox One still alive enough to jump=??? :confused:

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
X came after Mega Man, which I believe is why all the mavericks rose up, cause mega man wasn't around (although it doesn't matter in the slightest)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Anyway, I'm very excited for E3. You peeps think we'll get some leaked footage/info before? Or perhaps before the Directs?

Hmm.. we may see some rumors that might hold some truth closer to E3.
But for Nintendo in particular, since all of their press conferences are in house, I'm not sure if info will leak out so easily.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is an incredible gif. That used to be my favorite movie when I was 3 and 4 (The Lion King). I straight up had bedsheets and a full (and I mean full) set of clothing of The Lion King with Simba all over it! :laugh:
>Kotaku
>Andy has equal chances with Shulk at getting in.
>King K Rool wont get in before Ghirahim

Lol
WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!!!

No really, IGN said some silly things in the pre-Brawl days, although they were right-ish about 70-80% of the time.
Seriously though, if experience has taught me everything, never buy into whatever Kotaku spews out. Basically it's GameFAQs converted to journalism form, and that's the generous version of it.
That's actually a great quote! :eek:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Of course afterwards everyone would get mad at me for turning ATs back on for the off-chance of getting Isaac. :awesome:
Heh, I'm the same, expect it's Saki for me. But when Saki does come out, my friends are always like, "Who's this freaking lady attacking me?!" I'm sure they do it just to spite me haha.

I think even if we do get correct leaked info beforehand, we won't believe it. We've become a distrusting bunch. Ofc you have to be distrusting when speculating Smash, rumors will pretty much be non-stop from here on out.
You're probably right about that. A lot of people are very sceptical at this point in time, and it's understandable.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Person with a super long and kinda sorta awesome long name dude person
That rumor is not remotely close to being potentially true. That's the problem. The full roster rumor that was 100% true in Brawl was true and came from verifiable sources (the guy who runs Serebii.net).
Deleted some browser history and it somehow ended up messing up my computer again. So here I am again at McDonalds getting fat. :/

As for Animal Crossing stuff, personally I'd rather see the Villager.
McDonald's actually isn't that fattening.

Also, if by the Villager you meant a Villager mask/outfit for a Mii, I agree! :shades:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is an incredible gif. That used to be my favorite movie when I was 3 and 4 (The Lion King). I straight up had bedsheets and a full (and I mean full) set of clothing of The Lion King with Simba all over it! :laugh:

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!!!

No really, IGN said some silly things in the pre-Brawl days, although they were right-ish about 70-80% of the time.

That's actually a great quote! :eek:
I made it myself using gif soup. I was surprised there wasn't anything of the sort.Can't go wrong with the Lion King. When Disney movies had singing numbers.
Yea I can expect some rumors to have sprinkles of truths in them and a whole lot of bull$h!te. The tricky thing is we won't sift out the spinkles from the bull$h!t until the Direct actually hits us.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, well this time IGN thinks G&W and Wario should be cut for Cloud, so they're not much better.
Seriously. They got some stupid people running some of their sites who don't understand TARGET AUDIENCE!!!

We are not all 13 year old squealing fanboys/fangirls; we want good characters! #burn #FFVIIisOverated #FFVI #TerraDahBest #ToHellWithHashtages ##
To be fair, Saki is actually a feminine name. No idea why a guy has a female name, but hey blame Treasure for that one.
When I hear "Saki," I think of the phrase "Saki Saki Solja Boy!"

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Of course a big difference at tournaments is that the players are approachable. I know during and after a tournament I went to last summer a few of us made jokes about running Mango over, and how sad his (non-existent) fangirls would be.

Also, were you the girl with the face paint=??? :grin:
It's funny how online a lot of the top players appear to be high and mighty since everybody kind of respects their opinion too much on the forums but in person everybody is pretty nice and cool. Except for Inui; that guy was a total **** to my friend for no good reason, lol.

Aaaaand no; not even close, I'm in the background. Face paint girl is like right in front the camera. Look harder.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's funny how online a lot of the top players appear to be high and mighty since everybody kind of respects their opinion too much but in person everybody is pretty nice and cool. Except for Inui; that guy was a total **** to my friend for no good reason, lol.

Aaaaand no; not even close, I'm in the background. Face paint girl is like right in front the camera. Look harder.
I never got that "high and mighty" feel from Mango; just loads of confidence. He's got buckets of it, which is why he's able to be so chill. I know I used to take that same "mental approach" in sports.

The chillest high level dude I ever met has to be Shroomed (and his buddy Alan). Up here in NorCal our thing is that we trash talk him while he plays, and just rag on how much he "sucks" when the opposite is true. Also he played a lot of epic rounds of Giant Melee on Brinstar (which with a character other than like the 5 lightest characters is the greatest thing ever; if you fall in the lava, it's like you fall at a super slow pace down the lava as if you are drowning).

SFAT is pretty chill, too. I went to a tournament he won once and he dominated every match until the grand finals, and in the grand finals, he took his sunglasses off, and it's like in the game he went full on Super Saiyan.

Also, are you the guy with the silver glasses on=???

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Heh, I'm the same, expect it's Saki for me. But when Saki does come out, my friends are always like, "Who's this freaking lady attacking me?!" I'm sure they do it just to spite me haha.
My brother acts the same when Knuckle Joe comes out. :chuckle:

He basically freaks out and cringes when he gets caught in a Vulcan Jab.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
It's funny how online a lot of the top players appear to be high and mighty since everybody kind of respects their opinion too much on the forums but in person everybody is pretty nice and cool. Except for Inui; that guy was a total **** to my friend for no good reason, lol.

All right, we got to find someone hanging upsidedown in the background

D

Deleted member

McDonald's actually isn't that fattening.
I hope you're not being serious here...

McDonalds is food poison.

Anyway,

@automatic

I found the notebook where I had those ideas written down, I wrote them like... 3 months ago in the metro on the way to work, and it's quite long (like 7 pages (to be fair, it takes me 1.5 hours to get to work every day, and I get bored)), so right now I'm still typing it up. I'll see if I can get it done by tom.

Keep in mind, that these were not ideas for Smash Bros, nor for a Smash Reboot, but for an original IP based off Smash Bros. So you'll notice a lot of gameplay differences.

EDIT:

Also, as for spotting you in the video. The only other girl I see besides the one with the painted face (which you said wasn't you) is a girl near the back wearing glasses with long black hair, is that you?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Better look for RafikiPFFFF *ROLLS ON GROUND BECAUSE I AM SO FUNNY*
This reminds me of something funny that I figured out. I could get my dog to stop chasing and barking at me as I go upstairs (making heavy steps doesn't help) by jingling something in front of her. Makes her back off like she thinks it's some sort of grenade.

Her mom/dad is likely Collar Duty considering she's half German Shepherd.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Fast food in general is not that great. It's normally cheap, but at the same time there is no satisfaction. It's better to just make your own food.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
My brother acts the same when Knuckle Joe comes out. :chuckle:

He basically freaks out and cringes when he gets caught in a Vulcan Jab.
Yeah, those punches can be deadly.

Idk, can you DI out of the Vulcan Jab? I think I've tried before...but I don't remember.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
D

Deleted member

I don't think Bayonetta's sex appeal really has much to do with what's keeping her from being in Smash tbh. She already has the odds stacked aganst her being a lesser known third party.
Which is why I don't see Bayonetta getting in. Snake might not have had too much importance to Nintendo's history, but he is a video game icon. I don't think Sakurai is going to include a relatively obscure third-party and being a "promotion" material is not going to help her.
But, to your statement's point, what would be the point of adding Bayonetta anyways?

Bayonetta adds really nothing in terms of marketability or creating a influx of people interested in playing smash suddenly like Snake or Sonic did. On top of that, why are we discussing Bayonetta when freaking Pac-Man and Mega Man are still around=???
Probably because Bayonetta looks to become the Geno of SSB4, a character that receives an abnormal amount of popularity based on flimsy reasons but ultimately fails to get in.

Funnily enough, someone on GameFAQs tried to compare Mega Man as Smash 4's Geno, which I find funny considering that it's comparing Mega Man, a video game icon, to Geno, an obscure character.
Though the top 4 are about the same (the only difference is that Mewtwo and Mega Man are essentially swapped), though for everything else there's a shift in positions. For example, Little Mac, Roy, and Bowser Jr. are higher up this time around.
I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that Mewtwo is the most wanted character, with Mega Man coming in second, King K. Rool following at third and Ridley at fourth.

Also, Little Mac did reach 5th place in Shortie's 2012 poll, so if anything, he dropped a little. Surprised how well Roy is doing in the 2013 poll, I expected him to be no better than 7th.
How would you guys react if this was the roster in SSB4? :troll:

- Mario: Nice that they finally decided to include Toad.
- Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario: Great to see King K. Rool make his debut. He was due for a spot.
- Zelda: Meh. Not sure why Toon Ganondorf should take priority over Ganondorf and Impa is uneeded. Would have much preferred Ghirahim.
- Metroid, Kid Icarus and Xenoblade: Glad to see Ridley finally make his debut, even if I'm not a big supporter. Shulk, meh, but he earned his spot anyway.
- Retro and Punch-Out!!: Takamaru depends on how he plays, but like with Shulk, I'm meh on Little Mac.
- Star Fox: WTF SAKURAI? Seriously, if we must deal with a fourth Star Fox rep, why not give us Krystal instead?
- Kirby, Pikmin and Golden Sun: Hey, nice to see Isaac getting in.
- Fire Emblem and Earthbound: Nothing to see here, but it could be worse.
- Pokémon: I like Genesect and won't cry over Jigglypuff's removal, but why cut him in the first place? But OMG MEWTWO IS BACK.
- Third-party: Three new third-parties is too much. Bayonetta really doesn't merit a spot considering that she's relatively obscure. Lloyd is fine, but again, meh. Of course I'm willing to overlook Bayonetta considering that Mega Man is finally in. :pimp: (spam picture over and over again)
Just found this.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40303

Better hope that Fire Emblem crossover pans out.
They were referring to Fire Emblem Awakening being possibly the last game in the series. Frankly, I'm glad it sold well because the last thing we need is yet another Nintendo IP lying around collecting dust.
In my opinion I do think people take cuts too seriously. I do understand the reasoning to some extent, but in the long run it doesn't really effect much. They can come back or not, but regardless the quality won't be effected at all. Besides, it's not like this practice is anything new, it has been happening for many years for many games ranging from Street Fighter to Mario Kart. Characters flip-flop between installments and some don't return at all, but in the long run it's not the ultimate deal breaker by a long shot.
I think cuts will likely be less painful than last time around, especially if DLC is around (that way, chances are that every Nintendo character will return regardless of whenever or not one is cut due to time). Really, the only characters at risk of being cut for reasons other than time constraints are third-parties.
The Lion King is also my favorite movie. Really miss seeing it and do plan on getting my hand on it eventually.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Habanero I'm going to take some pizza out of the fridge, sprinkle some salt on it, and eat it cold, how does that make you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom