• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
***Rumor Alert about Newcomers***

"They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. The game will feature sightly different gameplay than older installments of the Smash Bros series. The 3DS version will be very different to the W ii U one, content wise. There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit ( the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta."

Soon as I seen Tom Nook and Dark Pit, it's dead give away that this is fake. I'd take this as a grain of salt for now. Then again, it's from the same site that leaked a Sega x Nintendo relationship along with a few new Sonic games before they were revealed.

Source: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/
The 3DS version will be very different to the W ii U one, content wise.
Aside from the characters making this obviously fake, I remember one of the first things officially said about Smash 4 is that the 3DS and Wii U will be able to play online together, which would make you think they that would make the content as close to together as possible, rather than separate them.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Are you playing as Megaman or the Robot Masters? I feel to do Megaman justice, you should focus on his fundamental abilities. I don't see anyone complain for Kirby having only a handful of his copy abilities.
It's funny you bring up Kirby. A whole crapton of his moves are actually baaased on his copy abilities.
-Most of his throws come from the Suplex ability
-his Jab is based on the Vulcan Jab from the Fighter ability
-His ^B is based on a move from the Cutter Ability
-his down Special is the rock ability
-His Melee DA is based on the Burning/Fire ability, and his Brawl DA is based on an attack from the Yo-Yo ability.

I still don't see the problem with Megaman using a few Robot Master abilities in his moveset.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Up B -- Pitches a tent and uses it as a trampoline

Down B -- Lays down a decorative cobblestone foundation that hurts the feet of barefoot opponents

Side B -- Pulls out Lyle and he tells them how awful their house looks

Neutral B -- Gets replaced by his nephews

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Mega Man using the Robot Master abilities is a problem why?

It's funny you bring up Kirby. A whole crapton of his moves are actually baaased on his copy abilities.
-Most of his throws come from the Suplex ability
-his Jab is based on the Vulcan Jab from the Fighter ability
-His ^B is based on a move from the Cutter Ability
-his down Special is the rock ability
-His Melee DA is based on the Burning/Fire ability, and his Brawl DA is based on an attack from the Yo-Yo ability.

I still don't see the problem with Megaman using a few Robot Master abilities in his moveset.
Then we have the Forward special which is the hammer, Final Smash is cook, etc.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Point taken. My concern is when you put just "stolen powers" from other enemies. With the case of Kirby, he can get the same kind of power from different enemies while Megaman gets one from only a single robot master.

The more I think about it, a few wouldn't be bad.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mega Man's not allowed to use his Robot Master abilities, but Tom Nook can use the Villager's abilities.

Of course.

Mega Man isn't allowed to steal character abilities. He IS NOT ALLOWED TO. I would be very unhappy with this.

Oasis you just mad Tom Nook > KK Slider > Villager

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
OH BUT TOM NOOK IS ALLOWED TO BUY OTHER CHARACTERS' ABILITIES? THIS PLACE IS SO GOSH DARN BIASED TOWARD TOM NOOK IT'S RIDICULOUS.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What did I do this time? D:

EDIT: Oh, nevermind I get it.

I actually prefer KK Slider over the other AC characters, but eh.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
OH BUT TOM NOOK IS ALLOWED TO BUY OTHER CHARACTERS' ABILITIES? THIS PLACE IS SO GOSH DARN BIASED TOWARD TOM NOOK IT'S RIDICULOUS.
Again, when New Leaf comes out, I'm going to see if I can make something different. One thing I was thinking about was using doors as teleportation devices.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I haven't actually played a AC game, it sounds like harvest moon minus the farming, is that accurate

(and we all know any viva pinata character would kick an AC characters ass)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Again, when New Leaf comes out, I'm going to see if I can make something different. One thing I was thinking about was using doors as teleportation devices.
You could just look to the main character who has an even bigger role than usual, thus probably more to work with, rather than some side character who was given less of a role, who never really had anything to work with.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Aside from the characters making this obviously fake, I remember one of the first things officially said about Smash 4 is that the 3DS and Wii U will be able to play online together, which would make you think they that would make the content as close to together as possible, rather than separate them.
No one said they'll play online. They will connect to each other in a still unannounced way. But no one said this would be a "play together" kind of connection.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You could just look to the main character who has an even bigger role than usual, thus probably more to work with, rather than some side character who was given less of a role, who never really had anything to work with.
Let's see. Character that has a set appearance, or one that doesn't even have a set gender?

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Deleted some browser history and it somehow ended up messing up my computer again. So here I am again at McDonalds getting fat. :/

As for Animal Crossing stuff, personally I'd rather see the Villager.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
No one said they'll play online. They will connect to each other in a still unannounced way. But no one said this would be a "play together" kind of connection.
Well that's a bummer.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Let's see. Character that has a set appearance, or one that doesn't even have a set gender?
Like the appearance is really that important? From a technical standpoint they're the same as Wario. Two models and some palette swaps and that effect is achieved. Besides that they're still distinct in their own right. They're not like Miis where pretty much anything can be tacked on to them, they have their own set of tools and traits that are particular to them.

I mean you are ignoring so much for the sake of gaining ??? from Nook.

Also why can't you be Manly, I wasn't done embarrassing him.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You know, you could just not eat at McDonalds. If you eat there too much, your health is going to plummet.
I'd get in trouble for using their Wi-Fi without buying anything. I'm not too worried about my health at the moment, I rarely ate out over the past few months due to being a college student, and that I'm already at a very healthy weight for my age.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Seriously though, if experience has taught me everything, never buy into whatever Kotaku spews out. Basically it's GameFAQs converted to journalism form, and that's the generous version of it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Correction.

He's good at centering a screen to make something dead.

-center screen
-make something dead
-center screen
-make something dead
It's all in the presentation, and IMO, Halo is an easy to present game competitively and still be enjoyable. I can't say the same thing about Counter-Strike, and I freaking love Counter-Strike.
That's my point. If the time is taken to balance the characters properly then they can ALL be good AND interesting. The ones already in I mean. But if the focus is in keeping and bringing back as many characters as possible to fullfil every wet dream out there, then imbalance and disappointment will surely follow.
The characters already in are pretty easy to keep "good" and "interesting" if you don't change them or the game much, which is why it's easier for games like Street Fighter or Tekken to do. Because, unlike Smash, they don't change a ton. Smash, on the other hand, goes from one extreme to another from game to game. Hopefully we see less of that, and these 2 forthcoming games are like Melee, but a tad slowed down and easier to present to casual players (basically what we all thought and hoped Brawl would be; instead, we got random tripping). :laugh:

But yeah, now that Sakurai has a real grade-A developer with a plethora of fighting game experience instead of a C-grade developer with no fight game experience, as well as more experience with these characters, I think things are as good, if not better than ever. For nearly all of the Melee vets that weren't that great in Brawl, Sakurai can literally just go "full Melee" with them.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I know that some people think Mr. Resetti is annoying and whatnot, but I always thought he was a pretty cool dude...until this happened one day...

So I was like having a team battle playing Lucas (I think my partner was Pikachu). Everything was going fine and dandy when someone got an AT. And guessed who popped out? Mr. Resetti! So he's like ranting as usual blah blah blah. And do you know what he said after?

Resetti: If I could move around on my own? Join this here brawl? Oooh, look out! I would tear this place right UP! Mole elbow over here! BAM! Dirt nap there! SLAM! Pikachu.... Lucas.... You'd be runnin' home to Mama!

WELL...I...I JUST...I...*huff huff* :crying:

Anyway, I'm very excited for E3. You peeps think we'll get some leaked footage/info before? Or perhaps before the Directs?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Miyamoto has no experience with fighting games. What makes you think he's even remotely the right choice for designing a Pac-Man moveset? Even as of late, he's gotten questionable at times. Need I remind you of Sticker Star?
Read the Smash 64 and Melee credits: He helped develop over half of both games' playable characters, which means he has experience.

As for Pac-Man, I think he could help build Pac-Man up to be a great character, like how he helped build up characters like Captain Falcon, Fox, Mario, and Link, amongst others.

Also, Sticker Star was the first "big thing" he had really done wrong. And after all of the legendary games he has made or helped make, I think we should still give him the benefit of the doubt. That's just one bad move in a bucket filled with fan tears of great moves and great games.
And please tell me how Megaman would work exactly? My only rule is that you cannot use Robot Master abilities.
And reading through your posts lately, you seem to have way too many expectations on characters and how they play and don't seem to try to embrace what is given to you. If Pit had been like Jigglypuff or Peach, then what would be the point of putting him in the game?
With Pit I meant being able to combo and "chase" characters in the air horizontally, and possibly get some gimp KO's that way. Nothing more. Obviously you can still be a "defensive" character and still be able to do that. I just think he needs some variety in his offense, that's all.

In Project M Pit has a lot of variety, and he's great because of it. And he's still (perhaps) best played as a very defensive and spacing-conscious character in Project M.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom