• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Not really, he's as interesting as a bag of sand.
Only ones I find to be more interesting are the villainous 3, only because I think like Isaac, Ridley and Mewtwo could bring something new to the table (terraformer, big flyer, long range grappler) and K. Rool because of his personality. Shulk had something to do with time, which sounds cool, but since I don't know didly squat about him

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
By the way, a man made out of spirit would weigh zero pounds because it doesn't exist.
A man can be pure spirit; like Rudy from that one movie.

It's always the best, because it's the most personal. If you've ever been to a GOOD tournament, you know that is like a small scale version of a super personal playoff game in any sport (I say that and I saw this live in person, and nobody stopped screaming for 2 hours).
I've been to my fair share of hype tourneys so I definitely know the feeling. Seeing that infamous roll rest read on Armada from Genesis 1 still gives me the chills.
I am yet to go to an important and hype sporting event. This is the closest I've been to attending one. Bonus points who whoever can spot me in the background before the 4 second mark.

Which reminds me, I still gotta post those ideas I told automatic I would... I have them written down on paper somewhere...
Why didn't you use a text file to copy/paste them! :(

D

Deleted member

Fun fact: The last overall pick of the NBA Draft two years ago (on the Kings) is named Isiah Thomas. His father was a Lakers fan, and he bet that if the Lakers lost to the Pistons in a NBA Finals game, he'd name his kid Isiah. :laugh:

Also, my dad once sat on a plane next to Isiah Thomas back when the Pistons won back-to-back NBA titles.

12-Time World Champion...

...that sounds like he freaking knocked out somebody and he's a professional boxer the way that is phrased, when, in actuality, he's just good at Halo to the point where he is a professional at it.
Correction.

He's good at centering a screen to make something dead.

-center screen
-make something dead
-center screen
-make something dead

By the way, a man made out of spirit would weigh zero pounds because it doesn't exist.
Oooooooo

Theology talk? Or should I just rip some phrases from TTGL or some****?

How about:

MY MANLY SPIRIT BURNS WITH THE WHITE HOT INTENSITY OF A THOUSAND SUNS!

And then toss something like:

Just who the hell do you think I am?

yh your name is cool kinda suck having the word ''***'' in your name...(-_-)

But yh @ManlySpirit...sorry but no they be cutting the cake with PeePz credit cards.
Phazon.. whenever you talk I have the darndest time trying to decipher what you say.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

7. PROJECT M IS PROOF OF THEIR CAPABILITIES OF AWESOMENESS!!!
That's my point. If the time is taken to balance the characters properly then they can ALL be good AND interesting. The ones already in I mean. But if the focus is in keeping and bringing back as many characters as possible to fullfil every wet dream out there, then imbalance and disappointment will surely follow.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
4. Mega Man fits perfectly in smash, because his moves would be so great, and I think his movement and style really can create something neat. As for Pac-Man, I think Miyamoto would make it work, like he does with everything else (since that's his favorite video game character ever, and if Pac-Man was in smash, Miyamoto would be all over it and make that character's moveset [archetype]).
Miyamoto has no experience with fighting games. What makes you think he's even remotely the right choice for designing a Pac-Man moveset? Even as of late, he's gotten questionable at times. Need I remind you of Sticker Star?

And please tell me how Megaman would work exactly? My only rule is that you cannot use Robot Master abilities.

And reading through your posts lately, you seem to have way too many expectations on characters and how they play and don't seem to try to embrace what is given to you. If Pit had been like Jigglypuff or Peach, then what would be the point of putting him in the game?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
YOU DID IT. 100 likes and it worked! But this time it won't have anything to do with liking.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
No one with any dignity lol I am talking about the people who refuse to play anything Nintendo because they believe it is a company that makes baby games. Sadly, these people exist in flocks, just look at the comment section of anything Wii-U related on IGN. If they saw a character that was from a grittier 3rd party adult franchise, they may be more interested. That is all I meant.
Oh no, I wasn't replying to your post directly lol I was just talking in general terms. My bad

But yeah, I agree, all those kind of people ever really do anyway is dickride CoD and Gears of War

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If I felt like drawing I would illustrate how I think our exchange would continue, Habanero, but I don't so you'll just have to be content with knowing your special attack would have been SPICE AND DICE (you would be a REALLY STUPID WOW looking chili pepper with Takamaru's hair, holding a katana).

@Manny: To be fair I don't think even a theologian would argue spirit has weight, but anyway my whatever burns blue hot which is better than white so there you lose.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Are you playing as Megaman or the Robot Masters? I feel to do Megaman justice, you should focus on his fundamental abilities. I don't see anyone complain for Kirby having only a handful of his copy abilities.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Megaman can have a Down B where he projects a green polygon target right in front of him. If it overlaps the opponent, the opponent briefly turns into a wireframe as he or she is analyzed and then launched into the air with a bit of hitstun.

What does this do?

This augments the charged buster shot with qualities of the opponent (while also altering the color scheme of Megaman). A Bowser shot might have fire effects and added knockback. A Pikachu shot could have electric based effects and be much faster.

D

Deleted member

Megaman can have a Down B where he projects a green polygon target right in front of him. If it overlaps the opponent, the opponent briefly turns into a wireframe as he or she is analyzed and then launched into the air with a bit of hitstun.

What does this do?

This augments the charged buster shot with qualities of the opponent (while also altering the color scheme of Megaman). A Bowser shot might have fire effects and added knockback. A Pikachu shot could have electric based effects and be much faster.
Me likey

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
User: Have you been to an Irishpub.

Cleverbot: No, I have never been to Italy.

User: Funny, I thought Italy was in Italy.

Cleverbot: No.

User: So where is Italy.

Cleverbot: Where is what?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

What does this do?

Why a green polygon, but this is definitely one type of move I had in mind. The main issue, IMO, is that Megaman himself has very few abilities that could become special. This is one of those times where trying to shoehorn four specials onto everyone doesn't quite work out. When you think about it, just about every Smash character needs an Up B special and that's really it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well B would be Buster.

Up B would be the Rush Coil.

And Side B would be the Rush Jet.

The Rush Jet goes forward. Megaman could perform moves on it such as Smash moves. Opponents can't attack from under the Jet and go through it. Megaman could also jump off it.

But Megaman cannot use the Rush Coil or the Jet again, if the Jet is still on the screen.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
***Rumor Alert about Newcomers***

"They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. The game will feature sightly different gameplay than older installments of the Smash Bros series. The 3DS version will be very different to the W ii U one, content wise. There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit ( the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta."

Soon as I seen Tom Nook and Dark Pit, it's dead give away that this is fake. I'd take this as a grain of salt for now. Then again, it's from the same site that leaked a Sega x Nintendo relationship along with a few new Sonic games before they were revealed.

Source: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well B would be Buster.

Up B would be the Rush Coil.

And Side B would be the Rush Jet.

The Rush Jet goes forward. Megaman could perform moves on it such as Smash moves. Opponents can't attack from under the Jet and go through it. Megaman could also jump off it.

But Megaman cannot use the Rush Coil or the Jet again, if the Jet is still on the screen.
I get the feeling then that Up B would need to be something different if that's what you have in mind. It would limit Megaman too much on recovery. Overall, this is actually pretty good. You impressed me this time, Bowserlick.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I don't know, if the spring is enough for sonic, rush coil could be enough for him, plus he can double jump off that rush jet

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If that's the case, Megaman would need his wall jump to help on vertical recovery so he isn't boned when facing walls below the stage like Final Destination.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I am not sure if you intentionally did this, but you left out Roy who is usually in the Top 8.
I meant to put him in, actually. I was going to edit but I had to go to work.

*sighs* why would you assume I did it on purpose?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

"They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. The game will feature sightly different gameplay than older installments of the Smash Bros series. The 3DS version will be very different to the W ii U one, content wise. There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit ( the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta."

Soon as I seen Tom Nook and Dark Pit, it's dead give away that this is fake. I'd take this as a grain of salt for now. Then again, it's from the same site that leaked a Sega x Nintendo relationship along with a few new Sonic games before they were revealed.

Source: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/
Already been talked about but yeah fake. Besides I don't listen to rumors when it's super close to E3 unless it comes from a VERY reliable source (so I getz no disappointments).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Slowpoke.jpg

I see Tom Nook, Bayonetta, and a second Kid Icarus rep. Kind of crushes the rumor.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mega Man's not allowed to use his Robot Master abilities, but Tom Nook can use the Villager's abilities.

Of course.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mega Man's not allowed to use his Robot Master abilities, but Tom Nook can use the Villager's abilities.

Of course.
Let me play New Leaf and I might be able to come up with something. It's just three specials. Still, the animals in the village can use the same iterms (or at least walk around with them) so I don't see how that's such a big deal.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps the biggest thing that helps's X case of getting in if Mega Man is in Smash is that he offers more to the table than Classic Mega Man. X is able to wall jump (at least when taking into account mainstream games), perform dashing/air dashing, and hovering. From X3-X6, he even had the Z-saber, which could be incorporated into his move set.

If Mega Man gets in, I do think that the Robot Master/Maverick moves will be involved, but I also expect his fundamental abilities to be implemented as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom