• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ever notice that the most popular mobile games are cheap, very simplistic, and don't seem to be as fulfilling as a good number of games on other platforms (especially multiplayer games)?
The Lion King is also my favorite movie. Really missed seeing it and do plan on getting my hand on it eventually.
Missed seeing it? You mean the 3D rerelease or what? And speaking of which, I just ordered this for Father's Day despite how much of a jackass my dad can be.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Enjoy your broken teeth and high blood pressure.
MORE LIKE THE SPIDER AND COCKROACH I JUST ENCOUNTERED ON MY WAY TO THE KITCHEN GOD DAMN I WANT TO LEAVE THIS HOUSE ALREADY NO WONDER MY BROTHER NEEDED A VACATION.

THIS IS SOMEHOW YOUR FAULT.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
MORE LIKE THE SPIDER AND COCKROACH I JUST ENCOUNTERED ON MY WAY TO THE KITCHEN GOD DAMN I WANT TO LEAVE THIS HOUSE ALREADY NO WONDER MY BROTHER NEEDED A VACATION.

THIS IS SOMEHOW YOUR FAULT.
WELL GEE YES IT'S MY FAULT THAT YOU LIVE IN A DISGUSTING SLUMP I MEAN SERIOUSLY DO YOU LIVE IN A APARTMENT IN PHILADELPHIA OR SOMETHING WOW WHAT A LOSER LOL.

D

Deleted member

Missed seeing it? You mean the 3D rerelease or what? And speaking of which, I just ordered this for Father's Day despite how much of a ******* my dad can be.
Didn't really pay attention to my grammar there.:facepalm:

But yeah, I hadn't seen the film for years. I'm surprised that I didn't get the movie myself when the Blu-Ray was still going on, but then again, I was trying to save for college. This topic actually reminds me to get the movie eventually now that I have the money to do so (I can afford community college with my job thankfully).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Link's broken.
Link doesn't break; just Ganondorf.

Also, here you go. That better summon your gamer rage.
Oh I get it.

It's broken like the Xbox One! Clever.
HAHA! I wish!!!

In other words though, Xbox One was the opposite of LeBron James' clutch-ness tonight. Dat overtime game winning layup at the buzzer to win by 1!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Ever notice that the most popular mobile games are cheap, very simplistic, and don't seem to be as fulfilling as a good number of games on other platforms (especially multiplayer games)?
You mean Angry Birds=??? :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ K. Rool's finest hour will hopefully be his reveal in Smash WiiU and 3DS, which will probably happen sooner rather than later.
Probably because Bayonetta looks to become the Geno of SSB4, a character that receives an abnormal amount of popularity based on flimsy reasons but ultimately fails to get in.

Funnily enough, someone on GameFAQs tried to compare Mega Man as Smash 4's Geno, which I find funny considering that it's comparing Mega Man, a video game icon, to Geno, an obscure character.
The bigger push is Geno is sort of a cult character amongst certain Nintendo and RPG fans. Bayonetta really has no reason to be in Smash over other 3rd party characters like Mega Man (who is a freaking gaming icon, and one of the most well-known characters and franchises of the NES era).
The Lion King is also my favorite movie. Really missed seeing it and do plan on getting my hand on it eventually.
I wouldn't say it's my favorite movie, but it's a pretty great one. Disney made a lot of good movies then. They still do through Pixar.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Didn't really pay attention to my grammar there.:facepalm:

But yeah, I hadn't seen the film for years. I'm surprised that I didn't get the movie myself when the Blu-Ray was still going on, but then again, I was trying to save for college. This topic actually reminds me to get the movie eventually now that I have the money to do so (I can afford community college with my job thankfully).
I got the trilogy boxset for my birthday when it was rereleased. Disney really knows how to future proof their theater movies. Though TLK 2 wasn't future proofed, but it's really only glaring in one or two scenes.
You mean Angry Birds=??? :awesome:
Exactly.

D

Deleted member

Also, here you go. That better summon your gamer rage.
Inconsiderate ***hole that journalist is. Why would people in the army care about video games in wartime?
^^^^ K. Rool's finest hour will hopefully be his reveal in Smash WiiU and 3DS, which will probably happen sooner rather than later.
I'd say that his finest hour will be as a Dojo reveal. Either way, it'll be awhile, but it will come. That day will be glorious.
The bigger push is Geno is sort of a cult character amongst certain Nintendo and RPG fans. Bayonetta really has no reason to be in Smash over other 3rd party characters like Mega Man (who is a freaking gaming icon, and one of the most well-known characters and franchises of the NES era).
What really appeals me to Geno (aside from killing two birds with one stone; a third-party I like and a Mario rep I like) is that I really did enjoy Super Mario RPG. Before, I was curious about Geno thanks to the pre-Brawl hype surrounding him and as such, downloaded Super Mario RPG. Seeing him kick butts convinced me to support his inclusion, even if his chances are dismal.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd say that his finest hour will be as a Dojo reveal. Either way, it'll be awhile, but it will come. That day will be glorious.
I think we'll get him before a Dojo, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first newcomer revealed.
What really appeals me to Geno (aside from killing two birds with one stone; a third-party I like and a Mario rep I like) is that I really did enjoy Super Mario RPG. Before, I was curious about Geno thanks to the pre-Brawl hype surrounding him and as such, downloaded Super Mario RPG. Seeing him kick butts convinced me to support his inclusion, even if his chances are dismal.
Yeah he's a unique character in that's he was made by the same Square that made legendary games like Final Fantasy VI and especially Chrono Trigger (which is one of the best games of all-time, and if you disagree, you must be vanquished!) and the people behind Mario (at a great time for Mario) made a game that lives up to the hype and gets better with time (well, maybe not it's lack of difficulty).

Also, what is IGN hyped for (at E3) in Smash WiiU and 3DS you ask=??? "Will Chrom replace Ike?" Who the hell wants Ike to disappear=??? (And they are talking about DLC right now, too!!!) If you want Ike cut, please, learn to fight for your friends!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WELL GEE YES IT'S MY FAULT THAT YOU LIVE IN A DISGUSTING SLUMP I MEAN SERIOUSLY DO YOU LIVE IN A APARTMENT IN PHILADELPHIA OR SOMETHING WOW WHAT A LOSER LOL.
THERE WERE THREE SPIDERS IN THE BATHROOM WHY DID YOU PUT THREE SPIDERS IN THE BATHROOM THAT IS WHERE I AM THE WEAKEST SINCE I MUST REMOVE MY PROTECTIVE APRON.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I love how Roger Craig Smith now voices Chris Redfield (Resident Evil), Ezio de Auditori (Assassin's Creed), Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Colors), oh, and freaking Batman! (Arkham Origins)
Anyone want an Apple console that will somehow appeal to hardcore gamer despite only having Angry Birds as it's games. :troll:
That hypothetical Apple console has ONE more quality game than what the XBOX ONE has! :troll:
Stupid IGN doing stupid things, what a surprise...
Pretty much. Also, I found this, and I jumped on ASAP...

D

Deleted member

I think we'll get him before a Dojo, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first newcomer revealed.
Somehow I doubt that. I think we'll only be getting one villain for this reveal and I think that Ridley would work better as a cinematic reveal than King K. Rool would. The only way I could see King K. Rool being an E3 reveal is if Ridley was planned an unlockable (assuming both are in). That said, I would be really excited to see King K. Rool revealed and I would be hyped.

Yeah he's a unique character in that's he was made by the same Square that made legendary games like Final Fantasy VI and especially Chrono Trigger (which is one of the best games of all-time, and if you disagree, you must be vanquished!) and the people behind Mario (at a great time for Mario) made a game that lives up to the hype and gets better with time (well, maybe not it's lack of difficulty).
I've got so many games I have to catch up on, especially after Smash 4 gets out. Way too many good games I've yet to get my hand on.

Also, what is IGN hyped for (at E3) in Smash WiiU and 3DS you ask=??? "Will Chrom replace Ike?" Who the hell wants Ike to disappear=??? If you want Ike cut, please, learn to fight for your friends!!!
Chrom replacing Ike? I'm fine with Chrom, but cutting Ike for Chrom is an awful idea.

Only people who would want this are "patternists".

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Saw something on the Boston Bruins from ESPN not too long ago, which brought to mind something: has anyone heard from Toise lately about whatever he was planning for the E3/Super Smash Bros reveal?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
THERE WERE THREE SPIDERS IN THE BATHROOM WHY DID YOU PUT THREE SPIDERS IN THE BATHROOM THAT IS WHERE I AM THE WEAKEST SINCE I MUST REMOVE MY PROTECTIVE APRON.
I PUT SPIDERS IN THE BATHROOM BECAUSE SPIDERS ARE ADORABLE WHAT YOU HATE ADORABLE THINGS NOW YOU FILTHY CASUAL JESUS I'M NOT GOING TO HOLD YOUR HAND FOR EVERYTHING COME ON MAN YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE STRONG AND CRAP I DON'T KNOW WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE YOUR MOTHER.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
YOU HAVE FREAKING BLUE HAIR YOU COULD BE SOMEONE'S GRANDMOTHER EVEN.

I WISH I HAD AN ARMY OF STAG BEETLES TO FLY AROUND SLICING SPIDERS AND ROACHES IN HALF.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....folks.

The Nintendo Direct is here. You're hyped as F***! Ready to see what new characters will be announced! Ready to see gameplay! Ready to see anything!

You eagerly watch the direct and squeal as they start talking about smash! They announce some new characters who you are excited about and show some interesting new gameplay changes! You're ecstatic! Then Nintendo announces that there is a new 3rd party character.

You lean into the screen and watch with anticipation. Who will it be? Megaman? Pac-Man? Who?

You hold your breath and your heart pounds in excitement...

Then Nintendo proudly announces that their new character will be from Call of Duty...

How do you respond?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Chrom replacing Ike? I'm fine with Chrom, but cutting Ike for Chrom is an awful idea.
Especially considering that Chrom is as interesting as sawdust, which is pretty much the reason why it wouldn't fly with people. Even worse if it's something like Marth, Ike, and Chrom, because that would suggest that Fire Emblem is a very one dimensional franchise to people.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I know it's not E3 time yet but I now understand why the following .GIF is posted every year.

And that's what I got out of the last two days of X1 talk.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
So....folks.

The Nintendo Direct is here. You're hyped as F***! Ready to see what new characters will be announced! Ready to see gameplay! Ready to see anything!

You eagerly watch the direct and squeal as they start talking about smash! They announce some new characters who you are excited about and show some interesting new gameplay changes! You're ecstatic! Then Nintendo announces that there is a new 3rd party character.

You lean into the screen and watch with anticipation. Who will it be? Megaman? Pac-Man? Who?

You hold your breath and your heart pounds in excitement...

Then Nintendo proudly announces that their new character will be from Call of Duty...

How do you respond?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZ7Aod0Yq8

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Which is why I don't see Bayonetta getting in. Snake might not have had too much importance to Nintendo's history, but he is a video game icon. I don't think Sakurai is going to include a relatively obscure third-party and being a "promotion" material is not going to help her.Probably because Bayonetta looks to become the Geno of SSB4, a character that receives an abnormal amount of popularity based on flimsy reasons but ultimately fails to get in.
Bayonetta wishes she was the Geno of SSB4. Geno still gets more votes than her.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Somehow I doubt that. I think we'll only be getting one villain for this reveal and I think that Ridley would work better as a cinematic reveal than King K. Rool would. The only way I could see King K. Rool being an E3 reveal is if Ridley was planned an unlockable (assuming both are in). That said, I would be really excited to see King K. Rool revealed and I would be hyped.
While both K. Rool and Ridley are villains, K. Rool is more "audience friendly." He not just comes off as more appropriate, but he's more popular, and would garner a bigger reaction, which would inevitably steal some thunder and lightning out of Sony and Microsoft and any momentum they gained.
I've got so many games I have to catch up on, especially after Smash 4 gets out. Way too many good games I've yet to get my hand on.
[collapse="I still gotta beat..."]The Elders Scrolls IV and V (after having these games for 6 and 2 years respectively and after over 200k items stolen in both games and hundreds of hours, I haven't beaten them yet), Fallout 1 (I never beat it before), Fallout 2 (for the third time), Zelda: Skyward Sword (I got it and launch and never beat it; my girlfriend still has it), Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (then I will have beaten every Zelda game), Zelda: Link's Awakening (I beat it so long ago I forgot about a lot of it), Civilization III and IV (I've had them for a while and haven't played them yet), Age of Mythology (underrated game I bought at some store for like $5; it's awesome), Team Fortress 2 (I just love that game), Empire at War (again, I love this game), Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (I have gotten deep into it on 3 different accounts and never beaten it), and on top of that.[/collapse][collapse="I still need to buy and play several other games."]Knights of the Old Republic II (I'm torn about trying the Old Republic MMO), Planetside 2 (look it up; it's like Halo, but a F2P MMO-like world), Guild Wars 2, BioShock 1, 2, and Infinite, God of War 1-3 (I beat the 2nd game but never bought a game in the series), Assassin's Creed: Revelation and III, Devil May Cry 4, Soul Calibur II, III, IV, and V (I love that series), a bunch of Tekken games, NEW Super Mario Bros. 2, Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 and Y & Z DmC, A ton of Castlevania games, Final Fantasy IX, MGS1 (for some reason I never owned this game), MGS1: The Twin Snakes, MGS: Portable Ops, MGS: Peace Walker (I heard this game is SOOOO GOOD!!!), Injustice: Gods Among Us, Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2 (I beat the 1st game with 3 friends and it was amazing), Halo 4, Halo Reach, the Mass Effect Trilogy, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, No More Heroes 1 and 2, Zak and Wiki, Other M (I played it, never got more than 50% through it), etc.[/collapse]

Only people who would want this are "patternists".
Exactly. Ike is one of the most unique characters, and he also is very fun to play as. He's a character that can't be removed. That would literally be worse than the Mewtwo removal, because his moveset already largely worked.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I know it's not E3 time yet but I now understand why the following .GIF is posted every year.

And that's what I got out of the last two days of X1 talk.
I don't think Sony fell off that early. Maybe after E3 we can say that when we have seen the new WiiU Mario, a new 3DS Mario, Pikmin 3 is almost a thing, the Wonderful 101 looks great, Bayonetta 2 is shown, the new Sonic game looks epic, we get a new Retro game, we get a new Mario Kart on the WiiU, DKC Returns 3DS looks great, amongst other games. Oh, and most importantly, SMASH BROS!!!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
While both K. Rool and Ridley are villains, K. Rool is more "audience friendly." He not just comes off as more appropriate, but he's more popular, and would garner a bigger reaction, which would inevitably steal some thunder and lightning out of Sony and Microsoft and any momentum they gained.
Though I do like K. Rool, I do think you're overestimating it just a tad. Ridley would actually be the one that would gain a bigger reaction, despite what ever the hell you mean by being "audience friendly".

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Though I do like K. Rool, I do think you're overestimating it just a tad. Ridley would actually be the one that would gain a bigger reaction, despite what ever the hell you mean by being "audience friendly".

He doesn't mean anything, he's just Johnknight.

D

Deleted member

Damn well better be this character:
...B-but the dog....it's gonna die.... :(
They said you will care about it. That means they're going to make you love the little devil just for it to have to be killed off and make you cry like a schoolgirl.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
K. Rool is more cartoony, animated, and interactive. Notice that Wario filled that role in the Brawl reveal trailer, and that those traits also describe 3 of the 4 veterans shown in the Brawl reveal trailer. I think K. Rool would be a much more suitable and flexible character to promote because of that, and because of how much of a zany maniac he is. On top of that, he is a much more well-known character, and his series is much more popular than Metroid (and it is not even close).
Saw something on the Boston Bruins from ESPN not too long ago, which brought to mind something: has anyone heard from Toise lately about whatever he was planning for the E3/Super Smash Bros reveal?
Not when they're up 3-0 in a playoff series. You can kiss him goodbye until they get beat by my Sharks in the Stanley Cup Finals! :shades:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
...B-but the dog....it's gonna die.... :(
They said you will care about it. That means they're going to make you love the little devil just for it to have to be killed off and make you cry like a schoolgirl.

I love dead dogs.

#bestdog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom