• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@ all the Bayonetta discussion.

Last I heard, people wanted her in because she was essentially Dante and people love Dante, not because she has a pair of boobies. Think about it, Bayonetta is the closest that Smash will ever have to having Dante in the game, and BOTH characters, given their combat abilities, would be amazingly fun characters to have. Dante is liked because he's a likable and well-written character with a diverse range of combat abilities. Bayonetta was created with him as a model. That's the merit that Bayonetta carries.

A lot of the comparisons she gets to Snake is because both MGS and Bayonetta carry that campy tongue-in-cheek humor, and don't take themselves too seriously. People use the fact that Snake, coming from a very mature series managed to get in and be toned down to be more comical because the series DOES have a humorous nature. It's the same with Bayonetta. Now before people try to argue that this isn't true, let me remind you of the numerous amounts of riske fanservice in MGS (from being able to place and even flip through Gravure Magazines, to Easter Eggs where the females in cutscenes are in their underwear, to a date with a 15 year old girl where Snake has sexy time with her in the box, to being able to play with Rose's boobs using the SixAxis during codec calls, to many many more things), toilet humor and absurd jokes, I mean this is friggin Hideo Kojima for crying out loud, dude's a loveable lunatic. Those who say Bayo is a better comparison to NMH have clearly never played MGS. MGS is NOT a serious series like Splinter Cell or Thief. That's where the charm of the series comes from, likewise with Bayonetta.

Saying that they don't fit in Smash is about as absurd and biased as you can get, because if Smash were about cartoony characters ONLY, then we might as well get rid of all Metroid and Fire Emblem characters. Because in all reality, it's the fact that these series are so campy and humorous at times that allows the characters to be flexible enough to be seen fighting against a giant electric rat, a dinosaur and a plumber. Metroid and Fire Emblem on the other hand take themselves WAY too seriously to be a proper fit. Tell me, when was the last time a Metroid game had the least bit amount of humor in it? Yet, we still see the likes of Samus and Marth gracing the rosters of Smash Bros.

The fact also remains that the mature content from both MGS and Bayonetta can be toned down again, because once again, we're including a character, not the entire series. If such were the case, once again, FE would be ruled out with its alluded incest. Bayonetta the character has already been in a fighting/beat-em-up game, Anarchy Reigns, where basically, it's not the same risque humor as in Bayonetta, her combat style is what makes Bayonetta Bayonetta, you can take away the sexual humor and the gory torture kills and she still has lots to share, from her guns, to numerous kicks, to magical attacks, to turning her hair into fists and monsters that bite people. In fact, if anything, the diverse range of skills that she has combined with the challange of having to tone her down will probably make her as unique a character for the roster as Snake.

I feel all the naysayers, are the same people who opposed the addition of Snake in Brawl because "Whaaa, Nintendo characters ONLY, I need my gaming icons!" I'm sorry, but if Smash were only about gaming icons, then C.Falcon, Sheik, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, R.O.B., Mr. G&W, and Roy have no business being in Smash Bros. All it takes for a character to get in, is for Sakurai to want that character in. No amount of popularity, or importance, or even play diversity will change that. Bayonetta stacks odds against MegaMan in that she's easier for Nintendo to get rights to, not saying that they're competing as 3rd parties are a shot in the dark, but MegaMan's importance means crap if Nintendo can't get Capcom to let him in. The fact that Nintendo is FUNDING her latest game, certainly gives her an edge. Lest we remember that Sakurai DID indeed visit PG studios, of course this doesn't mean ****, but assuming it does. If he were going to search for a character, WHY would he choose W101, when Bayonetta already has more of a following, AND support from Kamiya, AND better play potential.

I wanna hear an argument telling me why W101 is a better choice than Bayonetta.

Anyway, all of this was to clarify the, "lel Bayonetta has no reason being in this game as she doesn fit, and people support her only because she's a woman."

People need to stop imagining things, pull their head out of their ass, and start thinking rationally. I repeat, she has her merits, and if people want her in, it's because if anything she's more of a female Dante, and people love both Dante and her because of it. But even with all that, there is not a single person out there who can predict who WILL and WILL NOT get in, especially in regard to 3rd parties.

Out of these guys:
Sonic
Snake
MegaMan
Bayonetta
2nd Sonic rep
Lloyd
PacMan
Tekken Char

ANYONE could get in, and there is really no way to tell which one till E3.

Anyway, yeah, I think that's all I had to say. Hopefully people will take the time to use their heads and research things a little more before saying things. And I mean this on all discussions we have around here, not just this one. Hell, I even aim this at myself as I spout a bunch of stupid crap from time to time as well, but at least I try to be openminded enough to accept other views, even if it means looking like a hypocrite and going back on previous statements.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^ Manly:

Well, I think a combination of your post and friends of mine vouching for her awesomeness has made me a Bayonetta supporter.

As long as Snake and Sonic don't go away as a result, I'm honestly rooting for her at this point. Huh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't know who Dante is, but he's often compared to Link from what I've seen. And: people hate his redesign.

I wouldn't have any problems with Bayonetta myself honestly. She probably has enough potential moveset-wise, but I'm not too excited about her either.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Newcomers Palutena, Dark Pit, Tom Nook, Takamaru and Bayonetta confirmed, then.
Do something official man, I want an article from some unreliable videogame site.

I hate the DmC series, it's so boring. The redesign took away the only good thing about the series, the design of Dante which was pretty rad.
He has nothing in common with Link anyway.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Any NPCs people are looking forward to in the new Zelda? :p
Not really, but I wouldn't mind seeing Tingle again.

Well, he will return in the Wind Waker remake. Wonder how the Tingle Tuner will work this time... Probably will make use of the Gamepad.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why would people be enthusiastic about NPCs? All they do is walk around aimlessly and blurt out "WELCOME TO CORNERIA" every single time. That's the opposite of thrilling, it's like a not thrilling thing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why would people be enthusiastic about NPCs? All they do is walk around aimlessly and blurt out "WELCOME TO CORNERIA" every single time. That's the opposite of thrilling, it's like a not thrilling thing.
Majora's Mask begs to differ.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How could she even fight with those tiny hands.

She'd be better as a model for some burger business, her tiny hands make the burgers look huge. Really clever marketing.

Know who she works for?

It's Burger Knight.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
FalKoopa don't ruin it, only my most dedicated longtime fans will appreciate how great of a joke it was.

volbound1700

Smash Master
So folks....

I'm a teaching intern at the age of 18. (Who knew right?)

Normally everything works out fine, but occasionally, kids get antsy. They don't listen a good amount of the time.

I think one of the reasons is that I'm around their age and they view me as a fellow kid as apposed to a teacher.

Are there any pieces you guys can give me as to how I can get them to view me as a teacher?

This is a half serious question as I am going through this problem, but at the same time I want to know what kind of smartass comments you guys can come up with. :troll: So both serious replies and jokes are welcome.
I did substitute teaching and the best advice I can give is don't let them phase you. They will try to mess with you, just laugh and following along with them. (It is also easy to turn the jokes against them and turns out fun for both sides).

Also, show people the point of learning said subject. If they believe there is a reason, they are more likely to listen. This advice goes for trying to teach somebody anything.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Do something official man, I want an article from some unreliable videogame site.

I hate the DmC series, it's so boring. The redesign took away the only good thing about the series, the design of Dante which was pretty rad.
He has nothing in common with Link anyway.
The resemblance has to do more with their versatility than anything else. Link has had several tools for several different uses throughout the Zelda series. Along with Samus, he's one of those characters that can easily have a larger moveset. Likewise, Dante has THE biggest moveset in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know I'd like Impa too, but seriously, tone it down will you? You don't see me posting pics of Tom Nook, Kumatora, or Lyn constantly.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Did you read it, though? /inquisitorial look/
Sort of. In class.

From what I remember the gist was that Dante is great, all these historical figures agreed that he was indeed great, notably god. Everybody that did not think he was great deserved eternal damnation. Also there was a girl he had hard on for once and so he wrote about her some because bring so self-absorbed gets a little lonely.

You know I'd like Impa too, but seriously, tone it down will you? You don't see me posting pics of Tom Nook, Kumatora, or Lyn constantly.
GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU SHUT UP ABOUT NOOK ALREADY GEEZ.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not like I do this all the time either. And besides you got free from me last 2 days or something cause I got too damn drunk so...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Sort of. In class.

From what I remember the gist was that Dante is great, all these historical figures agreed that he was indeed great, notably god. Everybody that did not think he was great deserved eternal damnation. Also there was a girl he had hard on for once and so he wrote about her some because bring so self-absorbed gets a little lonely.
The Inferno is ****ing funny anyway. After that it becomes a little stale and the ending kinda sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom